Stores > KEH Camera

• Address: 4900 Highlands Parkway SE, Smyrna, GA
    • Contact: sales@KEH.com
    • Phone: (770) 333-4200
    • Customer Support: (770) 333-4200
    • Business Hours: 8:30am-7pm (Monday-Friday), 10am - 4pm (Saturday)
    • Fax: (770) 333-4242

Product & services pricing Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 6.67/10 6.67/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 6.67/10 6.67/10
    Customer service: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10

Great Product at a Great Price

"I recently purchased a used Nikon D300 from KEH, an EX grade. It is almost flawless, with just a tiny smudge of something on the hot shoe...nearly perfect. No discernible wear anywhere. 24,000 shutter actuations, quite low.

The only slight thing to complain about is that its serial number indicates it was originally purchased in Australia, so not a true US version. But hey, I'm super happy with this camera.

I bought this camera by asking for a price match that was advertised by another vendor. The match was granted, no problem.

Low Pay and Slow

"KEH Camera in Atlanta markets itself as a fast-turnaround quality buyer for sellers looking to unload used camera equipment. ("The check is sent the next day," they say) Our recent experience was anything but satisfactory. We were paid well below estimate and the process took about a month from the date we shipped to KEH. We sent boxes, manuals, extra batteries and original packing. They mailed the final check to the wrong address. It took numerous emails to even get a printout of line item payments. A little too slick for us and not as advertised. Photo enthusiasts beware. This company is not in business to serve you. Poor service, slow and less than you will want for your well-cared-for equipment."

This review was modified by MikeGalway on September 28 2016 06:08:43 PM

Purchased used Fuji X-T1 and was more than happy!

"The camera was described as Excellent and only under VERY close inspection could I find any blemishes and then it was only two pinhead sized areas where the finish was slightly rubbed off.

Standard shipping was free and fast. I ordered the camera on Thursday and received it on Saturday.

If there is any negative, their prices are more than what you would pay for used equipment on eBay but similar to what you would find for other used camera resellers. But you also get a 100 day warranty, a tested cleaned camera and a 14 day return period.

Not living up to the reputation

"I bought a Nikon SLR graded 'EX' which KEH define as: "EXCELLENT CONDITION." 80 to 89 percent of original. Shows moderate wear for the age of the item, with the possibility of small dings or blemishes. Glass may have slight blemishes but will not affect picture quality.

It certainly had small dings and blemishes, but the light seals has failed and the mirror foam had turned to mush so the camera wasn't usable without refurbishment. That's their idea of excellent condition?

I'd heard they were conservative with ratings but that wasn't the case for me. International shipping was also very expensive, discouraging a return.

This review was modified by NikkorElse on January 16 2016 06:28:40 PM

"I have been a very loyal customer to KEH. I probably spent close to 8 grand on products in the past 5 years. The quality was as described until lately. I ordered a camera case that was full of rotten sticky foam. The tripod head was missing key part to make it functional. The tripod legs I ordered broke after 3 or 4 uses. I exchanged a lens and was screwed out of 100 bucks. Buy your camera gear from a real camera store like Adorama or B and H Photo. "

This review was modified by giesmannb on December 02 2015 09:31:40 AM

"KEH offers decent products they buy from others and then mark up to make some money... Normally that means you'll get 1/4 of what you paid and they will net the other half. The customer service of KEH is poor and the web rep on eBay has a temper, so be careful... "

"I recently bought a lens from KEH Camera and was generally happy with the procedure.

However, there are two items that left me a bit confused and irritated:

* My Master Card credit card was not accepted (due to difficulty to verify the address - not the card or my person). This card has been and is currently accepted by Amazon, hotels, car rental agencies and shops in many places all over the US. KEH didn't trust me but asked me to trust them by paying through a wire transfer in advance, foregoing the protection a card deal would have given and adding to my costs. However, in the end it worked out OK.
* the parcel was addressed c/o to a hotel for pick-up. However, eventually it had to be picked up at the FedEx office co-located with the hotel, at which time FedEx requested an additional handling fee of $ 5. Small money, but such an addition to the shipping charge I had already paid is irritating as a matter of principle.
* my direct dealings with the KEH reps were rapid and pleasant

"I recently used KEH to sell my Canon lens, through their used purchase program. The process was streamlined and the result was acceptable. I ended up getting a bit less than what I'd estimated, but not enough to complain. If you're looking for a simple way to unload equipment, it doesn't get any easier than this. And the customer service is friendly and responsive!"

"Horrid! I sent in six items with the intention to sell and later decided to keep three of them. When they shipped back the three items, they didn't include the warranty card, booklet, and original box for one of the lenses. I wrote to them and the purchasing agent was acting extremely nonchalant. Never a word of apology that they made a mistake. Nope, she accused me of lying, claiming that they never received the box or warranty card, etc.. I purchased all my lenses new and sent in everything; I know there is a box for that particular lens and all the other stuff. Apparently their staff made a mistake and lost the associated materials.

This is extremely unprofessional bordering on unethical. Customer Service #1: own up to your mistake and apologize for the inconvenience and mistake. She offered a meager $49 settlement (which I accepted, because what else can I do?) without ever saying sorry. I don't know whether I am more mad at her attitude or the loss of resale value due to the missing box/card/booket. I rarely write reviews and feel compelled to leave this review because that's how upset I feel (and also their customer service is a total blackhole; every time I called nobody ever picked up).

So, if you are selling to KEH, make sure that you REALLY don't want them anymore. If you ever change your mind and try to get your stuff back, be ready for some nasty surprises. I've sold to Amazon and when I get my gear back if the price is not right, they come back in one piece neatly packaged exactly the way I sent them.

You've been warned.

"I have ordered 5 cameras since first discovering KEH. I first purchased from them since their ratings were so high. I always check their bargain section and purchased a nice Panasonic Lumix camera for a recent vacation to Montana. For the 5th time, my camera purchase was a steal. A great camera, PANASONIC LUMIX DMC-FZ50 for less than 100.00 It really made a difference for our trip. This is far and away now my favorite camera online store. "

"Claimed to have shipped, took my money for expedited shipping, but didn't get it on the truck, then told me they had already shipped, then refused to allow fedex to re-route to my work since I wouldn't be home for the new shipping date. I don't care how nice you are on the phone if you screw me the minute you get off."

"Excellent after sales warranty service, lightening fast shipping, very good communications. After two purchase transactions totalling over 2K I'll certainly be a customer in the future."

"I can't say enough of how pleased I am with my purchase and experience with KEH! Product was even better than I thought! Brand new looking even though it is used! Shipping incredibly fast! Will only buy equipment from here."

"All my gear exceeded my expectations. As usual. That's why I shop here first. Thanks!"

"On December 14th, I ordered a replacement Canon 50mm f/1.4 for one of my clients. On the 24th, my client told me the lens hadn't arrived yet. At this point, I've only received the initial email order confirmation. I logged into the site and saw that the order's status was "ON HOLD." What? So I called them up, and they said "oh of course, the billing and shipping addresses don't match. We need to be extra careful this time of year." I then asked why I didn't get an email update. "It says in the notes here we tried to contact you a few times." Okay, but not over email? Fine. Can you guarantee it'll be shipped today? "I guarantee it will not be shipped today." I immediately canceled my order and ordered my client a replacement from Amazon.

The worst part was when the service rep tried to shift some of the blame to me for not answering my phone. I'm traveling internationally and don't have good phone service. IT'S 2014 WHO DOESN'T SEND EMAIL UPDATES WHEN AN ORDER IS DELAYED. Sheesh. I also told him this was a business transaction and KEH was making MY business look bad. Rep didn't seem to care.

Share KEH Camera's store rating

KEH Camera is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

KEH Camera is not a merchant member
KEH Camera does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!