• KEH Camera

• Address: 4900 Highlands Parkway SE, Smyrna, GA
    • Contact: sales@KEH.com
    • Phone: (770) 333-4200
    • Customer Support: (770) 333-4200
    • Business Hours: 8:30am-7pm (Monday-Friday), 10am - 4pm (Saturday)
    • Fax: (770) 333-4242

Product & services pricing Rating 6.67/10 6.67/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 6.50/10 6.50/10

"I recently used KEH to sell my Canon lens, through their used purchase program. The process was streamlined and the result was acceptable. I ended up getting a bit less than what I'd estimated, but not enough to complain. If you're looking for a simple way to unload equipment, it doesn't get any easier than this. And the customer service is friendly and responsive!"

"Horrid! I sent in six items with the intention to sell and later decided to keep three of them. When they shipped back the three items, they didn't include the warranty card, booklet, and original box for one of the lenses. I wrote to them and the purchasing agent was acting extremely nonchalant. Never a word of apology that they made a mistake. Nope, she accused me of lying, claiming that they never received the box or warranty card, etc.. I purchased all my lenses new and sent in everything; I know there is a box for that particular lens and all the other stuff. Apparently their staff made a mistake and lost the associated materials.

This is extremely unprofessional bordering on unethical. Customer Service #1: own up to your mistake and apologize for the inconvenience and mistake. She offered a meager $49 settlement (which I accepted, because what else can I do?) without ever saying sorry. I don't know whether I am more mad at her attitude or the loss of resale value due to the missing box/card/booket. I rarely write reviews and feel compelled to leave this review because that's how upset I feel (and also their customer service is a total blackhole; every time I called nobody ever picked up).

So, if you are selling to KEH, make sure that you REALLY don't want them anymore. If you ever change your mind and try to get your stuff back, be ready for some nasty surprises. I've sold to Amazon and when I get my gear back if the price is not right, they come back in one piece neatly packaged exactly the way I sent them.

You've been warned.

"I have ordered 5 cameras since first discovering KEH. I first purchased from them since their ratings were so high. I always check their bargain section and purchased a nice Panasonic Lumix camera for a recent vacation to Montana. For the 5th time, my camera purchase was a steal. A great camera, PANASONIC LUMIX DMC-FZ50 for less than 100.00 It really made a difference for our trip. This is far and away now my favorite camera online store. "

"Claimed to have shipped, took my money for expedited shipping, but didn't get it on the truck, then told me they had already shipped, then refused to allow fedex to re-route to my work since I wouldn't be home for the new shipping date. I don't care how nice you are on the phone if you screw me the minute you get off."

"Excellent after sales warranty service, lightening fast shipping, very good communications. After two purchase transactions totalling over 2K I'll certainly be a customer in the future."

"I can't say enough of how pleased I am with my purchase and experience with KEH! Product was even better than I thought! Brand new looking even though it is used! Shipping incredibly fast! Will only buy equipment from here."

"All my gear exceeded my expectations. As usual. That's why I shop here first. Thanks!"

"On December 14th, I ordered a replacement Canon 50mm f/1.4 for one of my clients. On the 24th, my client told me the lens hadn't arrived yet. At this point, I've only received the initial email order confirmation. I logged into the site and saw that the order's status was "ON HOLD." What? So I called them up, and they said "oh of course, the billing and shipping addresses don't match. We need to be extra careful this time of year." I then asked why I didn't get an email update. "It says in the notes here we tried to contact you a few times." Okay, but not over email? Fine. Can you guarantee it'll be shipped today? "I guarantee it will not be shipped today." I immediately canceled my order and ordered my client a replacement from Amazon.

The worst part was when the service rep tried to shift some of the blame to me for not answering my phone. I'm traveling internationally and don't have good phone service. IT'S 2014 WHO DOESN'T SEND EMAIL UPDATES WHEN AN ORDER IS DELAYED. Sheesh. I also told him this was a business transaction and KEH was making MY business look bad. Rep didn't seem to care.

"They explain all possible causes for any problem found. My Canon 60D was dropped down and i had some bad experience with the lens.

But KEH buddy fix the problem on for $30.00

"I did a trade-in transaction with KEH by sending in my old Olympus equipment and trading it against used lens for my new Canon. I thought their offer on my old equipment was fair. I might have been able to get more by going on ebay or craigs list and dealing with all that hassle, but this was a sure thing and totally hassle free. When I talked to Arthur at KEH he even got me a few more $$ for the trade against the new lens. He also suggested a UV filter for my lens, which I would have bought anyway, probably somewhere else, and got me a quality one at a good price. There was a glitch with the processing of the credit with the credit card company and when I talked to Arthur he bent over backwards to get it taken care of and called me back to let me know what was going on and it did get taken care of. I could not be happier and when it comes time to purchase any additional camera equipment I will be checking with KEH for sure. I have not received the new lens yet as it is in transit, but I suspect it will be just fine and I will add to this or provide a new review if there are any issues, which I certainly do not expect based on my dealings so far. "

"My first purchase this month with KEH. Found them on the net by chance. What a lucky discovery. Ordered on 08/07/2014 (8 July for those Americans who put their dates back to front). The lense was delivered to me today 14 July. I am in Western Australia and 6 days is great service to get the lense half way around the world. The lense, Nikon 12-24 described as E+ was like brand new. Everything said about KEH is true. A great company with fair prices and honest description of their products. Thank you KEH."

"I have ordered two used lenses from KEH. The first, a macro, was not quite what I expected. This was my fault as I didn;t quite understand the variants. KEH happily returned the order and I ordered the model I wanted. The scond purchase was a lens as well and I am very happy with the price and sercice. Both lenses that I purchased from from KEH were in better condition than they rated it. I highly recommend them and would purchase from them again."

SDWelch's Avatar

Philadelphia, PA

"Fantastic !!! I ordered a Nikon AF-D 80-400mm f4.5-5.6 ED VR lens from KEH that they rated as EX+ (Excellent-Plus). That rating equates to "90-96% of original condition," and this product is most definitely in that range. Very clean with almost no visible wear anywhere on the body. Glass is perfect. Optics excellent. And, on top of all of that, very quick delivery...ordered on Saturday and received on Wednesday. It doesn't get any better than this."

"OK PROBLEMA RISOLTO...

sconsiglio vivamente
io sono stato TRUFFATO ho acquistato una nikon d2h, loro dicevano senza problemi invece รจ arrivata non funzionante!!!!
sono assurdi, dopo ancora un mese ho dovuto riparare la camera senza nessun rimborso....
STATE MOLTO ATTENTI.... TRUFFE IN GIRO......

mi spiace credevo fossero molto seri....

We strongly advise against
I've been CHEATED I purchased a nikon d2h, they said without problems instead came not working!!!!
are absurd, after a month I had to repair the camera without any refund.
BE VERY CAREFUL ... SCAMS AROUND ... ...

sorry I thought were very serious ....

PROBLEMI RISOLTI FINALMENTE, TUTTO OK

Rep reply posted Apr-21-2014

KEHcamera, KEH Camera rep has responded

“We have tried to communicate with this customer, however poor translation programs have made that very difficult at best. The camera was tested and worked fine here before the order was shipped. The options to resolve were clearly not understood and due to the complexity of international shipping we have issued a full refund for the customer(purchase price and original shipping)without the need to ship it back. We hope the customer understands he has his money back and does not need to return the order.

Sincerely,
Dan Orchard
Director of Customer Service
KEH Camera”

"Found the exact model of camera I had wanted but didn't purchase new a year prior (before it was discontinued). Camera came with charger and battery at a fantastic low price, but showed "BGN" condition. I decided to take a chance figuring even if it worked it was a very good deal for the low price. Imagine my surprise when it's delivered and looks in very very good shape! I really had to look to see scratches/marks and nothing looked beyond what would be expected for buying used.

Product was also shipped out promptly and extremely well packaged. Highly recommend!

Share KEH Camera's store rating

KEH Camera is a Merchant Member! Learn more

KEH Camera is a merchant member
KEH Camera participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 2,715 merchant members.