Stores > Joybird Furniture

Chance of future purchase: Rating 9.28/10 9.28/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.62/10 8.62/10
    Customer service: Rating 9.21/10 9.21/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 9.20/10 9.20/10
Voice your opinion! Review Joybird Furniture by clicking a star below.
2017-10-17

Forget about the Joy! not a serious company!

"READ BEFORE BUYING AT JOYBIRD!
We decide on Joybird because they do have an attractive collection. I do not understand all the the positive reviews after my extremely negative experience. We only got mediocre customer support and poor seriousness from this company.
We order our sofa and dinning set (around $4k) in July. Delivery date was schedule for 7-9 weeks. During this time, Joybird send us email "updates" about our order which we thought was pretty nice. However, on week 9th, we called to make sure our order was ready for delivery, and they email us back with a 4 weeks delay. OK, we patiently wait 4 more weeks and called AGAIN closed to delivery date. By phone they weren't able to give us a clear answer on delivery time. A day after our call, we got an email, apologizing for other 4 weeks of delay!! Really? If they do not have the production capacity to stay with delivery dates, why lie to your customers? We NEVER got a call from them. NEVER an intention to make up this mistake.... it was until we post on social media that we heard from them! That's so mediocre! only got an answer when they got exposed!
We ended up canceling our order and YES got full refund... However, my time can't get refund? how serious a company like this can take their customers? My house has been more than 2 months without a place to eat or sit just because we believe and trust on Joybird. FYI: we are expecting our first new baby with an empty living room :) Thank you JOYBIRD! what a joyful experience!

Rep reply posted Oct-18-2017

A rep from Joybird Furniture, Joybird4, has responded

“Hi Karla, we're sorry to hear you had a less than positive experience with Joybird. I do see that your order has been fully refunded. Please let me know if there is anything else we can do to help mend the situation.”

2017-09-30

great compay

"We are very happy with our experience, from purchase through delivery."

Rep reply posted Oct-04-2017

A rep from Joybird Furniture, Joybird4, has responded

“Hi Rob, Thanks for the great review! We've dropped a gift in your account and you'll see it next time you sign in!”

2017-09-28

No joy in Joybird

"Our experience with Joybird was a long and squeaky one. Love the idea of the company but the quality and customer service are seriously lacking. Big learnings came from talking to the furniture repair technician and delivery teams about what furniture they would buy themselves and what they would avoid. They see it all and know their stuff, and they do not recommend Joybird either.

Others will have different experiences and you'll see that in the reviews.

I will call out that as an internet based company, they rely on reviews so there is a lot of pressure (read: incentives) put on customers to leave reviews in the first couple weeks with your new furniture. If we had written a review in the first couple weeks it would be a positive one but as you can see, problems started after a couple months and only got worse with time. For me, anything that costs over $1,000 better last more than a few months.

It's also worth noting that the Cole Sofa and Cole Ottoman are no longer offered by Joybird, so quality issues may be unique to that line of furniture. However, the majority of our issues have been customer service based.

So here it goes...

August 2016: Order placed for Cole Sofa and Cole Ottoman. Takes a few months to produce Joybird's 'built to order' pieces.

November 2016: Cole Sofa and Cole Ottoman arrive. First couple weeks were great and we LOVED the look of the sofa. It was a little disappointing how the matching ottoman was taller than the sofa, just a little awkward but nothing terrible. Few weeks go by and then the squeaking begins. The back of the sofa had loose / broken springs that made a horribly loud noise every time we sat down. Contacted Joybird to have a service person come and repair. Fast forward to...

December 2016: service person came out assess and fix the issue but unfortunately he couldn't do anything without Joybird's permission because the sofa needed a full reconstruction. Next step was for Joybird to contact us once they've approved repair or replacement.

**Note: I asked the service person what he thought of Joybird and he shared that he had been on a lot of service repair calls for Joybird and recommended a few others for similar price points instead.

January 2017: Took multiple follow up calls throughout December and into January. Couple weeks into January Joybird finally responded that replacement was the best solution and would take 4-5 weeks to build the new sofa. Fast forward to...

March 2017: The replacement sofa was ready for delivery and this is where the real issues began. It took until the forth delivery for the sofa to finally make it to our apartment. It was a mix of issues with Joybird and the delivery company (JB Hunt in Chicago). On Joybird's part, they are extremely slow to respond to customer service issues especially those made by phone. After the second missed delivery window, I contacted Joybird management and they offered compensation for the serious issues. I shared how it was not only frustrating but also expensive as we had to pay for missed delivery windows not to mention the many hours off work costing us a lot of time and money. Even after that, they missed the third delivery window. Pretty unbelievable. Finally on the fourth attempt the sofa made it into our apartment.

April 2017: Again had to make multiple follow ups regarding the status of our compensation for delivery issues. No response from Joybird, a tiring pattern.

May 2017: Final attempt urgent customer service email sent to Joybird about that delayed compensation which was finally responded to by the customer service manager.

June 2017: Sofa seat started to squeak. After everything we had just been through we tried to ignore it because we couldn't imagine going through the process again. As time went by, the seat cushions started to fall apart like the foam was too big for the case. Fast forward to...

August 2017: We move forward with the process of returning the sofa for a full refund. Surprisingly easy, especially compared to other experiences. Do wish we had received a confirmed refund amount before returning.

September 2017: Delivery team picked up sofa and ottoman last week. Asked why we were returning. I showed them the squeak and the cushions and laughed. Said that they are slammed busy with Joybird returns.

Finale: Joybird processed the refund for the total amount minus the compensation provided in May. Wanted to give Joybird the benefit of the doubt but they stood strong and the manager offered no real help.

If you've made it this far you must either enjoy reading long reviews or work at Joybird. If you work at Joybird, I hope our experience gives you some good action items to address and make your company more successful. If you are just someone who likes reading long reviews, hope it was worth it :)

Rep reply posted Oct-04-2017

A rep from Joybird Furniture, Joybird4, has responded

“Hi Anna-Claire, we have followed up with our Customer Service department and are glad to see that Krystal was able to assist you and solve this issue for you. Please let us know if you need any further assistance.”

2017-09-26

I'm digging it

"I'm really enjoying this sectional so far."

2017-09-25

BEAUTIFUL!! Even better than expected!

"I was skeptical about buying furniture that I could not see in person first, but I am so glad I took the leap of faith because it is SO BEAUTIFUL and SO COMFORTABLE. We purchased a larger sectional Elliot sofa, two Owen chairs, and two Soto chairs. We are in love with everything! Very high quality, and we experienced excellent customer service throughout the process. We definitely will be back for more! Can’t say enough good stuff about this company. "

2017-09-21

Top notch

"Joybird always backs their products, better than anyone I've ever ordered anything from. They stand behind their work and will do whatever it takes to make the customer happy. I will always be a consistent customer here."

2017-09-20

Will be buying more

"Love the quality of the product. Could not be happier. I will be a return customer."

2017-09-04

Cushions!

"I ordered custom cushions from Joybird to match a great thrift find. Easy peasy service, great communication, free fabric swatches and ontime delivery. Can't ask for more than that and the end product was well made and just what I was looking for. "

2017-08-22

Bea

"The customer service at Joybird cannot be beat. From beginning to end they were all amazing. "

2017-08-18

Stowe for the win!

"Amazing production tracking and chairs arrived earlier than expected. I'd give 10 stars if I could!"

2017-08-17

Great Couch

"Very happy with the product!"

2017-08-16

I love my new sofa

"I just received my blue Hughes Apartment Sofa. It is beautiful and quite comfortable. It is on the firm side, which I like, and is really good for lying on. It feels very well-made and is quite stylish. The clean lines and airy style really work in my small space."

2017-08-09

Joyful

"Loving our Joybird sofa, great experience and quality!! Thanks for the Joy, Joybird!!! "

2017-08-05

Excellent product and customer service

"So far I have ordered a chair and ottoman from Joybird. I was able to afford their product because of their convenient financing company. The white glove delivery is convenient and left me with nothing to put together or clean up. The chair and ottoman are elegant, well-made, and comfortable, changing my living room into a designer's showcase. Any issue I've had, the customer service team has been responsive, polite, and efficient. The feel of this company is that of a small local business despite the fact that they are an online company. I highly recommend.

2017-08-04

High quality &unique furniture

"Joybird is the only furniture company we have found to create high quality furniture in the unique style that we crave. Their customer service is top notch as well and I always feel at ease knowing they are there to listen and take care of anything I need!"

Share Joybird Furniture's store rating

Joybird Furniture is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Joybird Furniture is a merchant member
Joybird Furniture participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 3,441 merchant members.