Stores > Joybird Furniture

Chance of future purchase: Rating 6.67/10 6.67/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 6.67/10 6.67/10
    Customer service: Rating 8.33/10 8.33/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
Voice your opinion! Review Joybird Furniture by clicking a star below.
2017-05-23

Better than expected!

"I was a bit timid about ordering custom furniture that I was unable to sit on or see in person. Joybird was a breeze though. Free fabric swatches, excellent communication, impeccable quality, and on-time delivery! Would purchase again."

2017-05-22

Love this couch!

"I ordered my Presley sofa wanting a sturdy well made piece of furniture... It is all I wanted and more! "

2017-05-15

high-quality product, affordable price

"My daughter and I enjoy reading time on this beautiful custom chair (Fitzgerald). We went with pink (bubblegum fabric) to match the pink room we've set up for our daughter's toy room. It's a match made in heaven. The quality and comfort has beaten everything we've seen in local stores. Glad we bit the bullet although we did have to wait a couple of months to receive our chair but Joybird was clear in displaying lead times during purchase. Occasionally, we find our dog lounging on it so it's definitely pet approved! :)"

2017-04-16

The Worst Quality Control Every Experienced

"In August of 2016 I ordered the Bly Wall Unit at a cost of $1,759. Per their website I understood the unit had to be constructed and would take several months to be delivered in January 2017. It was delivered on time, yet here is when the trouble began. The wall unit came with no hardware, no instructions, missing three shelves, and missing the glass doors to one of the cabinets. The call to customer service was pleasant enough. They promised the order would be expedited. In the meantime they would send me the missing instructions (which they went through three different copies to get the right one to me) and reimburse me for hardware purchased from a local hardware store. Then I could at least get started putting up my beautiful walnut wall unit. As promised the next order arrived in one month. Yet there were further quality control issues.

The shelves were 6" too short and the glass doors were not as pictured in the instructions. They were jagged pieces of cut window glass, not tempered or beveled edged. They were not even notched to allow a finger-hold for opening the glass sliding door. To make matters worse the glass was the wrong dimensions and would not remain in the cabinet tracks. I patiently made another call to customer service. Again, they were very pleasant and apologetic. I asked if I could talk to someone in manufacturing or their warehouse. I was told this was not possible, yet they would ensure the order was correct this time.

After waiting two additional months I received jagged window pane glass again. The three shelves were the right length but they had no screw holes to attach the hardware. In short, there was no way to mount the shelves. After three attempts to get the order correct I called it quits and asked for a refund. Joybird then informed me since I paid for the unit over time through their affiliate Affirm I would have to get a refund from them. By this point I had completely paid off the unit. So here I am 9 months later without a wall unit and waiting on a $1,759 refund.

DO NOT waste your time with Joybird. They are just plain STUPID. No company makes these kinds of "errors" leading to such customer dissatisfaction.

2015-11-30

"I was skeptical of purchasing furniture online when I placed my first order to Joybird Furniture in February of 2015 for a Hughes couch & chair. Everything went smooth, communication and questions answered timely, and product arrived earlier than scheduled. The furniture is high quality and worth it! Totally very comfortable and feels like real Vintage! No one asked me to write this review. I don't know what others have had issues with but I've had positive all the way! So much so that I ordered two Soto chairs, some custom pillow, and those also arrived on time in November and my boyfriend just ordered a bed that will be shipped soon from Joybird! The emails and chat box on their website has helped with any questions that I've had during the order process. I cannot say anything negative! The only that I can say negative is the local shipping company. When my order leaves Joybird to come to me in Ohio. It takes about a week to get to the local shipping contractor then sits for another week! Unfortunately, that's how it is but regardless of that delay, the furniture has arrived between the listed time frame. The last order will be a little longer as its being shipped during Dec so it won't be on time but I'm ok with that. If it were needed for a specific time frame, I would have made a note when ordering. I'm sure I'll be ordering more from them inthe future! If you order, make sure you get the swatches. Also for updates on your order, go under my account and keep checking the build history. Make sure you click on the link otherwise it won't show the status of your build. Lastly, it usually takes about 2 week from the time it leaves Joybird to get to your local shipping area, then the local delivery company calls to set up an appt. To deliver! "

2014-11-26

"Wanted to share my review of Joybird tonight which turned into a late night e-adventure. I'll start with my review.

Bought a korver ottoman in custom size a few months ago and it's been a lifesaver at home. Have a 16 month old daughter running around the apt and the ottoman (which replaced a coffee table) has saved us from some sure trips to the ER. Thanks Joybird for a great product.

SO I was a little surprised to see the review below from emilykil82. Being the internet ninja that I am, I researched further what Emily was talking about and found some interesting things which I'll share here...

1. Emily's one sided review left out something really important. This case the Emily linked to was dismissed by a federal judge which to me is a pretty important fact. See this link: http://www.scribd.com/doc/245209238/Federal-Case-Dismissal-Joybird-vs-Thrive

2. After a little more internet ninja research, Emily's one sided review made a WHOLE lot more sense to me. I'll explain why. I'd never heard of Thrive furnishings so when I went to their site, I saw something stuck out like a sore thumb: a chat popup from a girl named Emily who ...you guessed it....resembles the same reviewer below. Now it all made sense. In true internet ninja fashion of course I managed to get a screenshot: http://oi57.tinypic.com/334hrfr.jpg - You be the judge.

Well I'm actually really happy I took the time to polish my internet ninja skills because the story is quite different than what Emily was making it out to be and as a happy customer of Joybird, it's only right that the full story is told and not just parts of it.

Thanks again Joybird for a great product...and Emily, shame on you!

UPDATE 2/7/2015: Looks like Emily has changed her name to "lifeisgood!" below after I posted my review. Also, I noticed she responded on behalf of Thrive on Thrive's facebook page so it definitely looks like she is affiliated to their company.

2014-11-01

"I was about to buy a couch from their website but did a google search to learn more about them.

do not buy from this company. they are thieves. they are former employees of thrive furnishings based in los angeles. they stole their former employers designs as well as embezzled money from thrive furnishings to start joybird.

shameful.

2014-09-22

"AWESOME experience with JoyBird!

The customer experience was one of the best I've ever witnessed. Hank was so helpful answering all my questions and made me feel at ease purchasing sight unseen.

Once the product arrived I understood what all the hype was about! There is no way I can purchase something like this locally.

Thanks JoyBird!
-Sharon

2014-07-07

"Not sure if franklloydwrong works for Thrive, but his review certainly seems fishy. Did you even buy something from Joybird? Your 1 star review is based off a mailing address?

After reading franklloydwrong's bogus review I felt compelled to go to bat for these guys. From beginning to end Joybird has delivered a wonderful shopping experience. THIS IS WHAT ONLINE SHOPPING SHOULD BE EVERYWHERE.

Bought a Hughes chair a few months ago when they ran a 20% off sale. It's the nicest piece of furniture I've ever purchased. Their website is super easy to use. Their customer service is top notch (thanks Hank for all the help).

If you're thinking about buying from them, give them a try. franklloydwrong mentions Thrive. I checked them out. Return policy at Thrive stinks - they charge you for returning an item with a restocking fee! They charge you for shipping! (Who charges for shipping nowadays?!)

Yep, still happy I bought from Joybird. Thanks again guys and wish you the best.

2014-05-08

"The furniture here is hip and just what so many people have been looking for. After looking them up online their business address appears to be a mailbox at a UPS Store. If you plug in 1041 Market St. san diego ca that is what comes up. The website americanologist mentions that their pillows and clocks come from overseas not the USA. Thrive has similar enough pieces and a real address and a longer history of business so probably much less of a risk when ordering thousands of dollars of mid century modern styles furniture."

Share Joybird Furniture's store rating

Joybird Furniture is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Joybird Furniture is not a merchant member
Joybird Furniture does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!