Stores > Joy Systems

Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10
Voice your opinion! Review Joy Systems by clicking a star below.
2017-08-05

Incompetent and lazy

"I ordered a refurb laptop via a corporate chain office supply outfit that used Joy Systems as a vendor. Although the laptop arrived in a timely manner and was in the condition as advertised, approximately 3 months later either the hard drive and/or RAM (I couldn't diagnose which) started to malfunction. The system was still under warranty and so I called Joy and the rep shipped out another smaller hard drive and replacement RAM. About a month later, I received a call that I had to ship back both the failed hdd and RAM but I didn't bother as the warranty period had ended so there was no point as I would have had to ship the parts cross-country on my own dime. In the meantime, when I went to install the replacement drive, I determined that Joy had not loaded an OS on it. Note that this was not mentioned by the rep who agreed to send the replacement. I just assumed that since I purchased a laptop that came with an OS pre-bundled on it that a replacement hdd would presumably have an OS but surprise, it did not. Oh and the refurb laptop was the kind that didn't come with any restoration disc - that was contained on the restore partition on the failed hard drive-

Do business with this outfit if you must but be advised that you are on your own if a drive fails that you purchased with an OS on it because any replacement Joy Systems may send most likely will not contain an OS.

2017-05-02

Broken Products and Broken Customer Service

"Joy sent me a "refurbished" machine that would not turn on. After returning it and waiting 3 weeks, I heard nothing. After some prodding, I was told they could not give me a working machine, but would trade it out for a different make and model. It is against their policy to provide refunds. I had to dispute with my credit card. Terrible--avoid them."

2017-01-28

Refurbed? How about NOT furbed

"Purchased a Refurbed Mac Book Pro from Joy Systems (through Newegg). Internal battery would not hold a charge on the internal battery. Returned for a replacement. The replacement would not even boot up into the OS (yes....on a Mac!). Returned for replacement. They then tried to replace with another model. Getting a refund proved even more daunting. Who ships TWO "refurbed" products both of which are defective. Steer clear of this company."

2016-10-24

Happy customer

"I bought a refurbished Dell from Staples. I'm more than pleased with my refurbished dell13 inch laptop. .I have had good luck with Joy systems."

2016-08-29

Barley refurbished

"Hardware and software were functional, but BIOS was 3 years out of date and the hard drive in the system was 8 years old (clearly marked OCT 2008). The first is sloppy but excusable. The old hard drive though is a failure waiting to happen. "

2016-02-23

Wouldn't Recommend This Company!!!

"We bought a refurbish Dell computer tower from Walmart.com/Joy Systems It would not boot up anymore , so I called Joy Systems to talked to a technicians and a technician was suppose to return my call and never did I had to return the call a week later. I was told by the tech I had a bad hard drive , and my warranty just expired. For as much as we paid for the computer tower should of lasted longer then that, just one year and one month, Think before you buy a computer from them. They are not good units. I learnt a valuable lesson. Not A Happy Customer!"

2015-10-28

"My daughter ordered a refurbished computer from New Egg/ Joy Systems and had a few problems from the start but not real big problems. Then the problems got much worse= Battery not charging or even able to turn on due to bad battery- Screen Distortion- volume very quiet or very loud. Over the last month I called Joy systems several times to get the problems solved but they have never called back. The saddest part is she payed for it with her own hard earned money and was very excited about that and being able to do her online schooling. She is only 14. Guess she is learning the hard way the way the world is these days. "

2015-02-13

"Ordered Joy Systems refurbished laptop. I don't mind scratches and wear, but there were a couple of decent sized dents in the casing. The battery was 3 years old, but was suppose to be refurbished to perform like a new laptop. It was also suppose to have a SSD ,but had a 5400 RPM HDD instead."

2014-12-22

"I got my Joy System refurbished pc at walmart, 2 months later lots of beep codes and blue screens. "

2014-12-02

"Customer Service, (Igor), was excellent in getting me the IS help I needed to register my Walmart refurbished computer. Response time was excellent!! A++++++ Highly recommend these guys."

2013-09-23

"Excellent in every regard. Quick response to request of warranty information, quick help for the problem, and quick replacement when the problem proved unfixable. Professional and courteous employees to round out an overall exceptional experience. Thank you!"

2013-07-07

"Purchase through Rakuten. Excellent in every regard. "

Share Joy Systems's store rating

Joy Systems is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Joy Systems is not a merchant member
Joy Systems does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!