Jos. A. Bank Reviews - josbank.com/ Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 1.43/10 7 reviews

Jos. A. Bank is not a merchant member
Jos. A. Bank does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"Jos A Bank was so kind to charge me twice for one purchase. My bank statement shows the same price charged twice on two separate days from what looks like two different stores.

Multiple calls to the company have only resulted in busy signals and unanswered voice mails. I still have yet to receive a reply to my email as well.

They obviously don't care about their customers and don't mind screwing them out of money.

"Poor customer service! I received very poor service at the Loveland, CO store and left feeling I wasted my time shopping there, so I complained to corporate. I was thanked for taking the time to express my experience, and again was left feeling I wasted my time honoring corporate's request to call. The company does not seem concerned with a paying customer, nor retaining current customers. How can they successfully compete with other men s clothing stores when good customer service is not a practiced strategy?

NOTE to Jos A Bank management: I am offended corporate seemed only interested in the store location where I received poor customer service. No apologies made and corporate stated that my email will be shared with managers, not to single employees, but for the store to learn. I disapprove of my personal information including email address to be shared with Jos A Bank. Why would you give unhappy sales associates an unhappy customer's info? Fuel on the fire. I fear retribution. This makes me believe that the company is poorly managed.

"I tried to order online and it went horrible at first. The website practically deleted item from my cart and after a second showed they are not available anymore. After sending couple of emails to customer service, they mailed them to me without any question. Nice ties and shirt. Good customer service, will buy again. The only problem I had was they did not put a good package for ties other than that was great. "

"Stay Away. Ordered 5 items. All I got was an email stating all 5 were not available. Waste of time. (order was through Amazon)."

"I ordered one item from Jos. A. Bank. The item was listed as "in stock" and on the order confirmation it was reiterated that the item was "in stock" and had been "reserved" for me. Two days later order status indicated that the item was on "backorder" with a projected shipment date of one week post order date. The next day order status indicated the shipment date was delayed another day. I emailed customer service and asked why an in stock item reserved for me had disappeared. They did not respond to my question but informed me that my billing address needed confirmation before the order could be competed with a toll free number to call. After waiting in a call queue for ten mintues I was transferred to a voice messaging system where I was asked to leave my billing address in the message. I don't really understand why my billing address was in question since I was at the same address with the same credit card two years before when I placed an order with Jos. A. Bank. Next I receive an email stating that my item was found in a store and would ship directly from the store and sooner than the back order date. Another day has passed and no status change has been made to the order...it has not shipped and credit card has not been charged.

I won't order from Jos. A. Bank again. Customer service is horrible, real time inventory management is nonexistent, and questions directed to customer service are never answered or not answered truthfully.

"Returned an item with tags still attached through the online division. I paid with a credit card, they tried to send me a gift card for the balance. Nice try. Customer service was incompetent and simply replied with generic, canned statements.

I also ordered some traveler dress shirts which ended up pilling all over the place, so I had to return those as well. At least they refunded my credit card for those items.

modified review This review was modified by tonisama on March 24 2010 06:44:38 AM
Planatoid's Avatar
New York; not the city

"I don't have many good things to say. I ordered some polos and casual dress pants, but the quality was much lower than I expected. Of course they were on sale, but the polos were not soft at all, and the pants were very uncomfortable. I also ordered a jacket, which was the only item I really wanted, and that was canceled off of the order, as the reviewer below me mentioned, their inventory management system is somewhat lacking.

I do not doubt that their higher end clothing is of good quality, but it couldn't be truer than with Joseph A Banks: you get what you pay for.