Product & services pricing Rating 3.75/10 3.75/10

"Have bought many items from Jos. A. Bank over the years with great success. When they had one of their buy 1 get 3 free sales, the prices were insanely good. I never had a problem with an order though or had to contact customer service. This all changed recently. I placed an order on 4/30 and according to the web site was shipped on 5/2. However no tracking number was ever posted. If the order was actually shipped as indicated, it would have been received 5/5. Since then I have called many times at all times of the day and am always told there are no operators available, please try later. I have also emailed them - no reply. I have had to resort to filing a claim with paypal and now have to wait for paypal to refund my money as of course they did not answer the paypal complaint.

A year ago I would have highly recommended them, now all I can say is stay away.

"I went to buy uniforms for all my employees, and they did not have the sizes in stock so the lady told me she could send them to my house or to the store, I told her OK, after doing the whole order in the store she told me I was being charged $8 for shipping.

I did not apreciate that because the reason why I was not able to make the purchase was becuase they do not have a proper inventory system. Why would I pay for shipping if its their fault.

I returned all the merchandise and will be going somewhere else where my business is apreciated.

Also customer service is not great, they seem to not care at all and the lady helping me was doing three things at once, therefore delaying my order.

Im refering to the Midtown Shops at Miami, FL

modified review This review was modified by vvalb001 on April 30 2014 01:55:51 PM

"The worst customer service in the business. DO NOT CHOOSE THIS ORGANIZATION (ANY OF IT'S LOCATIONS) FOR RENTALS NOR RETAIL CLOTHING. Complaints to customer service and regional managers falls only on numerous deaf ears. The requests for responsibility will only be answered with excuses. Even the simplest of requests, ordering a tuxedo rental, can't be completed correctly nor on time. This lack of respect should not be rewarded with continued business from anyone. Wrong size tuxedo's hemmed incorrectly with missing pieces and parts(shoes) for multiple people on the most important day of one's life, my wedding. No effort to amend the issues, only excuses of "we're very busy". NOT ACCEPTABLE. Your business is retail; you're never too busy for your customers."

"Jos A Bank was so kind to charge me twice for one purchase. My bank statement shows the same price charged twice on two separate days from what looks like two different stores.

Multiple calls to the company have only resulted in busy signals and unanswered voice mails. I still have yet to receive a reply to my email as well.

They obviously don't care about their customers and don't mind screwing them out of money.

"Poor customer service! I received very poor service at the Loveland, CO store and left feeling I wasted my time shopping there, so I complained to corporate. I was thanked for taking the time to express my experience, and again was left feeling I wasted my time honoring corporate's request to call. The company does not seem concerned with a paying customer, nor retaining current customers. How can they successfully compete with other men s clothing stores when good customer service is not a practiced strategy?

NOTE to Jos A Bank management: I am offended corporate seemed only interested in the store location where I received poor customer service. No apologies made and corporate stated that my email will be shared with managers, not to single employees, but for the store to learn. I disapprove of my personal information including email address to be shared with Jos A Bank. Why would you give unhappy sales associates an unhappy customer's info? Fuel on the fire. I fear retribution. This makes me believe that the company is poorly managed.

"Between items appearing and disappearing in the Cart, to items being available and then "no longer available" (does that mean they stopped carrying something after they sent out emails saying it's on sale?! Then just say out of stock and don't let me put it in the Cart in the first place!) to:
__________
The system encountered an error while processing your request. Please try again.

If the problem persists, please call the help desk at 1-800-999-7472.

Our Customer Service Associates are available weekdays, 8:30 a.m.- 9:00 p.m. EST.

Please call 1-800-285-2265 to place an order 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Click on the 'GO BACK' button to return to the previous page.
__________

to un-returned emails to incorrect amounts taken from Paypal accounts. This place is a MESS.

"I tried to order online and it went horrible at first. The website practically deleted item from my cart and after a second showed they are not available anymore. After sending couple of emails to customer service, they mailed them to me without any question. Nice ties and shirt. Good customer service, will buy again. The only problem I had was they did not put a good package for ties other than that was great. "

"Stay Away. Ordered 5 items. All I got was an email stating all 5 were not available. Waste of time. (order was through Amazon)."

"I ordered one item from Jos. A. Bank. The item was listed as "in stock" and on the order confirmation it was reiterated that the item was "in stock" and had been "reserved" for me. Two days later order status indicated that the item was on "backorder" with a projected shipment date of one week post order date. The next day order status indicated the shipment date was delayed another day. I emailed customer service and asked why an in stock item reserved for me had disappeared. They did not respond to my question but informed me that my billing address needed confirmation before the order could be competed with a toll free number to call. After waiting in a call queue for ten mintues I was transferred to a voice messaging system where I was asked to leave my billing address in the message. I don't really understand why my billing address was in question since I was at the same address with the same credit card two years before when I placed an order with Jos. A. Bank. Next I receive an email stating that my item was found in a store and would ship directly from the store and sooner than the back order date. Another day has passed and no status change has been made to the order...it has not shipped and credit card has not been charged.

I won't order from Jos. A. Bank again. Customer service is horrible, real time inventory management is nonexistent, and questions directed to customer service are never answered or not answered truthfully.

"DO NOT EVER ORDER ANYTHING ONLINE FROM JOS A. BANK. I placed an order only to be told days later when I called that there was an error and the order did had never gone through and that there was no record of it in the system. I then placed the order again and received an email confirmation. Minutes later I received an email confirmation for the order I had placed DAYS ago, the order that the customer service woman told me "did not exist". I called again to see what was going on and no one had any idea. I was placed on hold multiple times and was even transferred twice to a line that just directed me to an answering machine. Finally someone told me that the item was actually on backorder even though I was looking at the email in my inbox that clearly stated the item was "In stock" and ready to be shipped. I was placed on hold again. Eventually I was able to just cancel both orders but they were unable to send me confirmation of this. I do most of my shopping online and have never experienced such terrible customer service. In addition, I was able to find the item I wanted for much less from a different site (Josbank jacks up the retail prices) and way less shipping costs too. Take my advice and don't waste your time and money!

modified review This review was modified by scallahan on January 20 2011 09:01:49 AM

"I have been purchasing my husbands clothing from this store for the past few years. I found that nearly all of the clothing is sensible, classic & doesn't 'go out of style.' Make my purchases when they have free shipping, no minimum plus some promotions. My husband likes the Travelers Collection because the clothes do not easily wrinkle & come out of the dryer ready to wear."

"Returned an item with tags still attached through the online division. I paid with a credit card, they tried to send me a gift card for the balance. Nice try. Customer service was incompetent and simply replied with generic, canned statements.

I also ordered some traveler dress shirts which ended up pilling all over the place, so I had to return those as well. At least they refunded my credit card for those items.

modified review This review was modified by tonisama on March 24 2010 06:44:38 AM

Planatoid's Avatar
New York; not the city

"I don't have many good things to say. I ordered some polos and casual dress pants, but the quality was much lower than I expected. Of course they were on sale, but the polos were not soft at all, and the pants were very uncomfortable. I also ordered a jacket, which was the only item I really wanted, and that was canceled off of the order, as the reviewer below me mentioned, their inventory management system is somewhat lacking.

I do not doubt that their higher end clothing is of good quality, but it couldn't be truer than with Joseph A Banks: you get what you pay for.

"Terrible Customer Service, Horrible Inventory Controls, Disreputable Invoicing methods.

I basically bought 4 items here. One item still showed up on my invoice which apparently was not available anymore. This led to the mistaken impression that my entire order was available when it was not. They sent a seperate email many hours later saying that the item was not available.

In the meantime they ship one of the three items (the other two are on backorder) making it so that they cannot cancel the order (according to the unhelpful customer rep).

A very disingenous way of doing business. Their excuse was that their website couldnt keep up with their inventory. In fact the item that wasn't in stock still shows up as in stock on their webiste as of 9 am of the next day.

They have permanently lost my business.

Jos. A. Bank is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Jos. A. Bank is not a merchant member
Jos. A. Bank does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!