• Jos. A. Bank

Product & services pricing Rating 3.75/10 3.75/10

"The absolutely worst buying experience of my life. I placed on order on May 4, 2015, and I had not received the order by June 22. I e-mailed them and tried to call them about 10 times, but could not get through to anyone. I tried logging into the computer, but nothing.

I truly cannot beleive that this company is still in business. Horrible experience.

This review was modified by jlaurencemarks on June 22 2015 03:20:34 PM

"Worst service I have ever encountered. Nobody wants to assist in resolving a problem. They apparently upgraded their inventory system and all orders are delayed at least 3 days. Never did they send an email or call to inform of this. The 3 suits did not arrive with the 2 day shipping I paid for so I called. Bounced around multiple times and Cust Service Rep stated "She does not have a boss" when I asked to speak to Supervisor."

"In the past I attempted to order from Jos A Bank online. I quickly discovered that merchandise they claim to be in stock, generally is not. They just won't tell you until AFTER you have placed your order and paid for it.

Thinking, surely if I go to the store, I will find items in stock and any orders I place will be fulfilled promptly. I was very wrong. I spent about $1,000 in the store only to discover ten days later that, the items I was told were in stock, were not. In fact, the pants that were in stock and needed only hemming, were not ready by the promised date. there was no phone call or other message advising me that NONE OF THE ITEMS I WAS TOLD WERE IN STOCK WERE ACTUALLY AVAILABLE ON THE PROMISED DATE.

I was told the shoes I ordered were backordered but would ship in ten days. Next, I was told they would not ship for at least another month. IN STOCK SHOES FOR WHICH I PAID WOULD NOT BE AVAILABLE FOR AT LEAST 45 DAYS FROM THE TIME THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO BE "IN STOCK".

IN STOCK Jackets I ordered were not ready on the promised date either.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS with Jos. A. Bank. They will take your money and then keep you waiting for items they claim are in stock. They are either scammers or absolutely incompetent. It makes no difference which, you will not receive your merchandise as promised.

This review was modified by G-r-e-g on February 11 2015 04:49:31 PM

"Received the wrong item for someone else's order. No big deal, take back the wrong item and reship new item.

I called on 3 separate occasions and each time they said they would call me back. Wait time is also excessive, especially if you have to keep calling.

I gave them one last chance and emailed customer service. It has been 10 days with no response. I disputed the charges and will consider the item they sent a gift.

"Worst customer service I have ever experienced. I ordered over $500 of clothing for my boys and husband on Dec. 2nd. On Dec. 3rd I received an email that over 1/2 of the clothing was on back order and if I still want the rest of the order to respond to the email. I responded to the email and said, "Yes" I want the order. No response. I sent another email and asked what was happening with my order, still no response. I called the 800 number and spoke with the order department and was advised my order had been cancelled, when I asked why, she could not tell me, and could not reach customer service. I left a message asking customer service to call back, still not response. I called again and spoke with the order department and asked them to call me back again. This is just unacceptable!!! Now it is Dec. 23rd and I had to go to another store to make purchases for Christmas Presents!! "

"Have bought many items from Jos. A. Bank over the years with great success. When they had one of their buy 1 get 3 free sales, the prices were insanely good. I never had a problem with an order though or had to contact customer service. This all changed recently. I placed an order on 4/30 and according to the web site was shipped on 5/2. However no tracking number was ever posted. If the order was actually shipped as indicated, it would have been received 5/5. Since then I have called many times at all times of the day and am always told there are no operators available, please try later. I have also emailed them - no reply. I have had to resort to filing a claim with paypal and now have to wait for paypal to refund my money as of course they did not answer the paypal complaint.

A year ago I would have highly recommended them, now all I can say is stay away.

"I went to buy uniforms for all my employees, and they did not have the sizes in stock so the lady told me she could send them to my house or to the store, I told her OK, after doing the whole order in the store she told me I was being charged $8 for shipping.

I did not apreciate that because the reason why I was not able to make the purchase was becuase they do not have a proper inventory system. Why would I pay for shipping if its their fault.

I returned all the merchandise and will be going somewhere else where my business is apreciated.

Also customer service is not great, they seem to not care at all and the lady helping me was doing three things at once, therefore delaying my order.

Im refering to the Midtown Shops at Miami, FL

This review was modified by vvalb001 on April 30 2014 01:55:51 PM

"The worst customer service in the business. DO NOT CHOOSE THIS ORGANIZATION (ANY OF IT'S LOCATIONS) FOR RENTALS NOR RETAIL CLOTHING. Complaints to customer service and regional managers falls only on numerous deaf ears. The requests for responsibility will only be answered with excuses. Even the simplest of requests, ordering a tuxedo rental, can't be completed correctly nor on time. This lack of respect should not be rewarded with continued business from anyone. Wrong size tuxedo's hemmed incorrectly with missing pieces and parts(shoes) for multiple people on the most important day of one's life, my wedding. No effort to amend the issues, only excuses of "we're very busy". NOT ACCEPTABLE. Your business is retail; you're never too busy for your customers."

"Jos A Bank was so kind to charge me twice for one purchase. My bank statement shows the same price charged twice on two separate days from what looks like two different stores.

Multiple calls to the company have only resulted in busy signals and unanswered voice mails. I still have yet to receive a reply to my email as well.

They obviously don't care about their customers and don't mind screwing them out of money.

"Poor customer service! I received very poor service at the Loveland, CO store and left feeling I wasted my time shopping there, so I complained to corporate. I was thanked for taking the time to express my experience, and again was left feeling I wasted my time honoring corporate's request to call. The company does not seem concerned with a paying customer, nor retaining current customers. How can they successfully compete with other men s clothing stores when good customer service is not a practiced strategy?

NOTE to Jos A Bank management: I am offended corporate seemed only interested in the store location where I received poor customer service. No apologies made and corporate stated that my email will be shared with managers, not to single employees, but for the store to learn. I disapprove of my personal information including email address to be shared with Jos A Bank. Why would you give unhappy sales associates an unhappy customer's info? Fuel on the fire. I fear retribution. This makes me believe that the company is poorly managed.

"Between items appearing and disappearing in the Cart, to items being available and then "no longer available" (does that mean they stopped carrying something after they sent out emails saying it's on sale?! Then just say out of stock and don't let me put it in the Cart in the first place!) to:
__________
The system encountered an error while processing your request. Please try again.

If the problem persists, please call the help desk at 1-800-999-7472.

Our Customer Service Associates are available weekdays, 8:30 a.m.- 9:00 p.m. EST.

Please call 1-800-285-2265 to place an order 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Click on the 'GO BACK' button to return to the previous page.
__________

to un-returned emails to incorrect amounts taken from Paypal accounts. This place is a MESS.

"I tried to order online and it went horrible at first. The website practically deleted item from my cart and after a second showed they are not available anymore. After sending couple of emails to customer service, they mailed them to me without any question. Nice ties and shirt. Good customer service, will buy again. The only problem I had was they did not put a good package for ties other than that was great. "

"Stay Away. Ordered 5 items. All I got was an email stating all 5 were not available. Waste of time. (order was through Amazon)."

"I ordered one item from Jos. A. Bank. The item was listed as "in stock" and on the order confirmation it was reiterated that the item was "in stock" and had been "reserved" for me. Two days later order status indicated that the item was on "backorder" with a projected shipment date of one week post order date. The next day order status indicated the shipment date was delayed another day. I emailed customer service and asked why an in stock item reserved for me had disappeared. They did not respond to my question but informed me that my billing address needed confirmation before the order could be competed with a toll free number to call. After waiting in a call queue for ten mintues I was transferred to a voice messaging system where I was asked to leave my billing address in the message. I don't really understand why my billing address was in question since I was at the same address with the same credit card two years before when I placed an order with Jos. A. Bank. Next I receive an email stating that my item was found in a store and would ship directly from the store and sooner than the back order date. Another day has passed and no status change has been made to the order...it has not shipped and credit card has not been charged.

I won't order from Jos. A. Bank again. Customer service is horrible, real time inventory management is nonexistent, and questions directed to customer service are never answered or not answered truthfully.

"DO NOT EVER ORDER ANYTHING ONLINE FROM JOS A. BANK. I placed an order only to be told days later when I called that there was an error and the order did had never gone through and that there was no record of it in the system. I then placed the order again and received an email confirmation. Minutes later I received an email confirmation for the order I had placed DAYS ago, the order that the customer service woman told me "did not exist". I called again to see what was going on and no one had any idea. I was placed on hold multiple times and was even transferred twice to a line that just directed me to an answering machine. Finally someone told me that the item was actually on backorder even though I was looking at the email in my inbox that clearly stated the item was "In stock" and ready to be shipped. I was placed on hold again. Eventually I was able to just cancel both orders but they were unable to send me confirmation of this. I do most of my shopping online and have never experienced such terrible customer service. In addition, I was able to find the item I wanted for much less from a different site (Josbank jacks up the retail prices) and way less shipping costs too. Take my advice and don't waste your time and money!

This review was modified by scallahan on January 20 2011 09:01:49 AM

Share Jos. A. Bank's store rating

Jos. A. Bank is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Jos. A. Bank is not a merchant member
Jos. A. Bank does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!