Stores > Joe Bob Outfitters

Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.61/10 3.61/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 4.00/10 4.00/10
Voice your opinion! Review Joe Bob Outfitters by clicking a star below.
2017-03-10

Terrible Service

"I would Like to start out by saying I've ordered from JoeBobs many times and frequently recommended their site to coworkers and friends due to good pricing and quick shipping. No more. On 3/4 a coworker (By recommendation from myself) placed an order for $467 in AR parts to be shipped to my residence for a build. In the "Special instructions" box I noted "No signature required" as I've done on all previous orders. As usual the order shipped quickly a couple days later, but FedEx left a note stating a signature was required. I called JoeBobs to explain. The call was answered by a pleasant woman who put me on a short hold, and then greeted by a gentleman who proceeded to be sarcastic and rude, and provide me with no help. I explained that I always request no signature regardless of the amount, due to the fact that I work duty shifts and am gone for up to 48hrs at a time, and am not home to sign for an order. Therefore it's a wasted order that I'm unable to take possession of. The man told me it was up to me to schedule a pick up with FedEx. I advised him I am a firefighter and the coworker that placed the order was as well, in the hopes that he would understand our shifts sometimes bleed together. The man then asked in a sarcastic tone, "So you work 24/7 365?" I told the man their was no reason for his attitude, and that all I had done was explain the situation calmly. He then said it was company policy on orders over $400 that a signature be required, and that "There's nothing he could do 6 days after the order had shipped." I again told him it was at that point a wasted order, and may as well return it since I was unable to be home to sign for the order, and that when a customer pays $450+ they shoudn't have to arrange to drive 45 minutes to FedEx and pick up their package. I understand why a certain dollar amount defaults to a signature, but if a customer specifies no signature, it's probably for a reason and JoeBobs should not override the customers request. This is just a sampling of how the call went. In the end I'm not sure what I was expecting JoeBobs to do. An apology would have been nice. Inappropriate replies and attitude was unacceptable. "

This review was modified by mmartin101808 on March 10 2017 09:45:02 AM

2017-02-27

awesome company

"I heard about you on an old ar15 podcast I downloaded recently, glad I did. I just received my third order all I can say is WOW. Great prices and extremely fast shipping. I will definitely be ordering more. THANKS."

This review was modified by scooter6469 on February 27 2017 02:45:01 PM

2017-02-17

AR pistol builds made easy!

"Bought several parts and tools to finish out my AR pistol build lower, even an oh ****' kit I ended up needing when one of my detent pins rolled off into oblivion. Easy to navigate website, very fair prices, and fast shipping times. Joe Bobs will be seeing my business again soon as I gather upper receiver parts. Very satisfied keep it up!"

This review was modified by Abayliss on February 17 2017 06:45:02 PM

2017-02-14

Awful Customer Service!!!!!

"Worst company EVER!!!!!!!! I ordered a part 2 months ago, the post office claimed it was delivered, it was not. I have called and spoke to several people at Joe Bob about it and they keep telling me they are checking it or to contact the post office to find out about the claim I filed on it days after it was not delivered to me. I am getting nowhere and rather than keeping a customer happy they want to give excuses for a $45 part and call me a liar. Really? This is what you expect your customers to go through? I would think the time alone you have "supposedly" spent checking on this issue would have cost more than the part is worth and the bad publicity this is going to cause you! I plan to tell everyone and post bad reviews to everywhere I can about this because you refused to do the right thing for your customer. "

This review was modified by k9ltd3 on February 14 2017 02:45:02 PM

2017-01-11

$$ Refused to take my money $$

"Long story short, every time I clicked "purchase", they hit my credit card for $33.61, but refused the purchase, 10 times! I did the chat, the guy stated "our rules on the address are stricter than most.... get with your bank, your address is wrong".
I've lived in the same place and have the same CC for 24 years. I offered to call the order in, refused!....couldn't even call to order the chat guy stated boldly. Went to two other retailer's and purchased SAME ITEMS just fine (neither had both items in stock), cost was about the same even with double shipping costs. Joe Bob's can bob on downstream and take their ordering hassle with them.

This review was modified by drinva on January 11 2017 04:57:27 PM

2016-12-02

Caveat Emptor (BUYER BEWARE!!)

"JoeBobOtfitters is a JOKE. their customer service and return policy ****!! Product numbers are confusing personnel are incompetent, and will tell you whatever you want to hear to make a sale. Joseph himself is an uncompromising, greedy businessman.

You better know that what your buying is EXACTLY what you need, because they will not give you a refund without gouging you for a BS 15% "restocking fee"

I made the mistake of TRUSTING the recommendation of one of their employees, and they gave me the wrong information and I purchased an item and when I realized it was wrong, I asked for a refund and even after numerous e-mails back and forth showing it was their mistake would not budge. VERY POOR customer service and dispute resolution.

They have lost my business FOREVER!!!

If there was a -5 stars they would earn that in my eyes!!

2016-11-29

Customer service second to none

"I recently ordered a 10.5 radical upper in .300 blk and a few other things and was very pleased. Im still waiting on my lower (ordered from somewhere else) so I haven't assembled the the SBR yet so I can't speak for the upper itself but man the customer service I experienced was great! I ordered on Black Friday morning and it shipped the same day and arrived Monday at lunch with free shipping! I also had a question about my order so I emailed Friday morning and I was contacted back by Joseph within 45 mins! Keep in mind this is a holiday weekend and I'm just some random asking about an order I haven't even placed yet! So very pleased and will order over and over with service like that and also the best/competitive prices online I could find... like I said I haven't assembled the gun just yet but I'm sure if there's a problem they'll make it right! Just wanted to make sure to give a review cause not many treat customers like this anymore now days! Thanks again"

2016-10-20

Worst Customer service ever!!!!

"I had spent so much money on parts from this company...and when it comes to customer service this company is terrible!!!! they will put you on hold in the middle of you talking cause they don't want to hear what you have to say!!! i even had the guy on the chat leave the chat room....if this is professional customer service they can keep it!!! STAYAWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!! GOD FORBID YOU HAVE TO RETURN SOMETHING!!! YOU PAY RETURN SHIPPING AND A 15% RESTOCKING FEE CAUSE THEY HAVE TO WALK 2 STEPS TO PUT THE ITEM BACK!!! THIS COMPNAY IS A JOKE!!!"

2016-09-28

Totally inappropriate

"BEWARE: Owner will use your personal information inappropriately if there is a poor interaction. Read other negative reviews on here - there are several reports.

They don't take returns for defective items. From their FAQ:

"Product Warranty is handled through the product's manufacturer and not through JoeBobOutfitters. Products must be sent back to the manufacturer for exchange, and not back to us if found to be defective in any way. This helps streamline the warranty process for the customer. Customers will only be issued store credit for items they feel are defective if they refuse to go through the manufacturer. Refunds will not be issued unless the product has been sent back to the manufacturer to prove product as defective."

Pay close attention to the language here, it is indicative of the language used during interaction with the customer: "items they feel are defective...", "refuse to go through manufacturer", "... to prove the product is defective." They assume you're an idiot/crook. So, my advice is, just be that crook: if you get a defective item, don't tell them it's defective. Just return it "as new" and accept the 15% restocking fee.

Read horologyfan's review below, they had their personal information abused in a petty fashion after a dispute. This experience was similar to mine, except over much less value. The owner seems unprofessional at best and mentally/emotionally unstable at worst.

This review was modified by bridgehouse on September 28 2016 04:08:38 PM

2016-09-12

GREAT COMPANY !!!

"This place was Great. The prices were very good, shipping was super fast, products were as advertised.
I don"t write reviews often, but this company did impress me.

This review was modified by emersum on September 12 2016 02:57:46 PM

2016-08-20

Great & Very Fast Service

"Order six items on Friday and they all arrived on Saturday. That is some fast packing and shipping. From now on Joe Bob Outfitters will be my store of choice. Thanks."

2016-07-20

Please delete

"This review was saved as a draft not for public view. Yet this review was made public without my permission or knowledge. My username was also selected to be private, yet was also made public. Users beware that if you want your review to be private or username to be private it won't be. Save your draft somewhere else offline until you are ready to post because it will be made public. "

This review was modified by DougGoldberg5555 on July 28 2016 06:11:44 PM

2016-07-20

Great prices. Supremely fast shipping.

"I ordered from Joe Bob's at the same time as another major online firearms "susperstore." At the time of this review, I have already installed the parts I received from Joe Bob's and am enjoying their use. Just called the other retailer and they said I have to wait another 2 days before they will process my order that they already charged me for. Joe Bob's is halfway across the country and the other retailer is about 2 hours away. Best of all, Joe Bob's is free shipping over $99 and the other guys are notorious for high shipping costs. Joe Bob's has the best shipping service and usually the best prices. I will go to them first for my next purchase."

2016-05-25

So far, the best service from any store I've ordered from

"Thank you Joe Bob's for providing great service. I placed an order Monday evening, The order was placed at 5:03 PM, shipping label generated at 5:12 PM, and scanned in by FedEx at 6:12 PM. It was DELIVERED at 3:56 PM on Wednesday. I ordered parts from another online retailer at the same time on Monday, They did not get picked up by the carrier until Wednesday at 7:17 PM (50 hours later), And the retailer chose the SLOWEST shipping option. Delivery was originally scheduled for next Wednesday, and I paid the extra fee to UPGRADE to UPS Ground to get the package Tuesday. So..someone is keeping me from shooting this weekend, and it's not Joe Bobs. I know who to order from next time."

This review was modified by Justin2200 on May 25 2016 07:13:49 PM

2016-05-21

Exactally Excellent

"I found the item I was looking for at a lower cost than anywhere else. I placed the order of item at 1 am. The item was processed at 10:30 am and shipped at 15:30 pm. The item was exactly as described and pictured in the description. Exactly what I wanted, w excellent delivery and processing. What more could one want?"

This review was modified by Arcinsparkin on May 21 2016 08:57:47 AM

Share Joe Bob Outfitters's store rating

Joe Bob Outfitters is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Joe Bob Outfitters is not a merchant member
Joe Bob Outfitters does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!