Stores > Joe Bob Outfitters

Customer service: Rating 6.00/10 6.00/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10

2016-09-28

Totally inappropriate

"BEWARE: Owner will use your personal information inappropriately if there is a poor interaction. Read other negative reviews on here - there are several reports.

They don't take returns for defective items. From their FAQ:

"Product Warranty is handled through the product's manufacturer and not through JoeBobOutfitters. Products must be sent back to the manufacturer for exchange, and not back to us if found to be defective in any way. This helps streamline the warranty process for the customer. Customers will only be issued store credit for items they feel are defective if they refuse to go through the manufacturer. Refunds will not be issued unless the product has been sent back to the manufacturer to prove product as defective."

Pay close attention to the language here, it is indicative of the language used during interaction with the customer: "items they feel are defective...", "refuse to go through manufacturer", "... to prove the product is defective." They assume you're an idiot/crook. So, my advice is, just be that crook: if you get a defective item, don't tell them it's defective. Just return it "as new" and accept the 15% restocking fee.

Read horologyfan's review below, they had their personal information abused in a petty fashion after a dispute. This experience was similar to mine, except over much less value. The owner seems unprofessional at best and mentally/emotionally unstable at worst.

This review was modified by bridgehouse on September 28 2016 04:08:38 PM

2016-09-12

GREAT COMPANY !!!

"This place was Great. The prices were very good, shipping was super fast, products were as advertised.
I don"t write reviews often, but this company did impress me.

This review was modified by emersum on September 12 2016 02:57:46 PM

2016-08-20

Great & Very Fast Service

"Order six items on Friday and they all arrived on Saturday. That is some fast packing and shipping. From now on Joe Bob Outfitters will be my store of choice. Thanks."

2016-07-20

Please delete

"This review was saved as a draft not for public view. Yet this review was made public without my permission or knowledge. My username was also selected to be private, yet was also made public. Users beware that if you want your review to be private or username to be private it won't be. Save your draft somewhere else offline until you are ready to post because it will be made public. "

This review was modified by DougGoldberg5555 on July 28 2016 06:11:44 PM

2016-07-20

Great prices. Supremely fast shipping.

"I ordered from Joe Bob's at the same time as another major online firearms "susperstore." At the time of this review, I have already installed the parts I received from Joe Bob's and am enjoying their use. Just called the other retailer and they said I have to wait another 2 days before they will process my order that they already charged me for. Joe Bob's is halfway across the country and the other retailer is about 2 hours away. Best of all, Joe Bob's is free shipping over $99 and the other guys are notorious for high shipping costs. Joe Bob's has the best shipping service and usually the best prices. I will go to them first for my next purchase."

2016-05-25

So far, the best service from any store I've ordered from

"Thank you Joe Bob's for providing great service. I placed an order Monday evening, The order was placed at 5:03 PM, shipping label generated at 5:12 PM, and scanned in by FedEx at 6:12 PM. It was DELIVERED at 3:56 PM on Wednesday. I ordered parts from another online retailer at the same time on Monday, They did not get picked up by the carrier until Wednesday at 7:17 PM (50 hours later), And the retailer chose the SLOWEST shipping option. Delivery was originally scheduled for next Wednesday, and I paid the extra fee to UPGRADE to UPS Ground to get the package Tuesday. So..someone is keeping me from shooting this weekend, and it's not Joe Bobs. I know who to order from next time."

This review was modified by Justin2200 on May 25 2016 07:13:49 PM

2016-05-21

Exactally Excellent

"I found the item I was looking for at a lower cost than anywhere else. I placed the order of item at 1 am. The item was processed at 10:30 am and shipped at 15:30 pm. The item was exactly as described and pictured in the description. Exactly what I wanted, w excellent delivery and processing. What more could one want?"

This review was modified by Arcinsparkin on May 21 2016 08:57:47 AM

2016-04-29

ABOVE AND BEYOND JOEBOB'S!

"Good old fashion honest business! Prices are right! The shipping is FAST and FREE over 150.00$!? I had my shipment in two days- sent priority.. FOR FREE; I'll take it!.. The product reviews are in good detail I'd say GREAT but I wanna see more product WEIGHTS. That's important in buying and I want that convenience without the extra research. C'mon bob.. But honestly I brag about joebobs to my friends. Get this, in the order comment box during purchase I asked if I received a free shirt please insure it's a medium. (They have the free shirt promo going on) but you have to add it to your basket. I missed that detail but with me just putting it in the comment box they read it, recognized it, and wouldn't you know it; it was in my box. Just shows you how well they treat their customers. Great job JOEBOBS! You will continue to get my business. Thank y'all. Your effort shows. "

This review was modified by UziDoesIt on April 29 2016 07:19:47 PM

2016-04-05

Clueless, yet arrogant...what a winning combination.

"Unbelievably poor customer service - unhelpful, confrontational, and condescending. I started off a happy customer just calling to get some help (first time I've ever needed to return anything to them), but now I am filing a chargeback with my credit card and I'll likely never shop there again.

Received a stock that did not match photo on their website - photo showed black rubber **** pad, but I received stock with a tan plastic buttpad. I wanted to exchange for the black version and asked them to waive the restocking fee of 15% since it wasn't quite what the website shows. Color was supposed to be FDE, but is more of a light tan - buttpad was different color too. First they made me email them a photo before they would talk to me about it - trying to get rid of me, apparently. I snapped a cell phone photo and sent it to them while we waited on the phone. Once he saw the photo, the guy promptly said "That looks like every one of those I've ever seen" and then I was told they would not waive the restocking fee, which was followed with a million excuses as to why they shouldn't help me.

On the color not being true FDE, they tried to tell me that even various FDE Magpul items will be different shades (which is completely untrue), they then said the FN Scar is various shades of tan and it was for that reason I should accept variation in color. They then went on to try and compare plastic gun parts to the colors of reptiles because they saw my email address has the word reptiles in it.

Buttpad was tan colored hard plastic (instead of what looks like black rubber in the photo) - to that they said it would be ridiculous to expect them to look inside every box to make sure items are the same as the ones in the pictures on their website. "So you're saying Wal-Mart should look inside every package of every product they sell." Wal-Mart doesn't have a 15% restocking fee. If you were Wal-Mart, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

I reminded them that I was trying to handle this amicably, and that I could rightfully file a chargeback with my credit card company, to which the rep said "Oh, so what you're saying is you're going to file a chargeback and STEAL the stock?" Um, no...but I can't believe you just said that.

If they're not going to stand behind the products they sell, the least they could do is have someone polite answering the telephone. This isn't a company I would ever recommend to anyone ever again, and I've been buying from them, and sending people to them, for years. If that is how they treat a repeat customer of several years, then I'll take my business elsewhere. Midway USA and Primary Arms are two companies I've spent tens of thousands with, and they're in a different league.

I was TOTALLY cool with these guys until they started with the condescending nonsense. "So you're calling to complain about the color on a stock you're putting on a BATTLE RIFLE? Heh", "So you're saying Wal-Mart should open every package...." I didn't start off being confrontational - they shifted blame and pushed button after button until there was no other way it could go.

You'll see in their reply to my review elsewhere where they stoop so low as to link to a thread on an "inquiry" forum about my reptile business and misquote things I said over the telephone in response to their nonsense. My reptile business has nothing to do with this - they brought it up when they saw my email address, and now they've invaded my privacy. Once they brought my business up, I said that my business has doubled two years in a row, we did $600k last year, I looked at every reptile that went out the door, and we've not had a single negative review from a paying customer in that time. The point of that was, that unlike JoeBobOutfitters.com, we have gotten better at serving our customers as we've grown. They've apparently forgotten customer satisfaction is part of the job.

It was like trying to return a product to an internet forum know-it-all who wanted to teach me a lesson. Look through their reviews and you'll see I'm not the only one.

2016-03-30

Favorite AR Store

"Joe Bob has the best customer service in the industry, period! From an amazing variety at the lowest prices, to incredibly fast shipping department. I made a mistake on my order, and they went out of their way to resolve my issue. Thank you for all the great service"

This review was modified by Boyer66 on March 30 2016 06:12:58 PM

2016-03-18

Joe Bob will definitely be getting more of my money!!!

"I ordered a new AR trigger and Bolt Carrier Group, and they were at my door in two days. Great prices, and awesome customer service. I'm gonna look here first anytime I need something."

2016-03-07

OMG!!! Nah I'm not a biyatch, but for reals you guys rock, and thank you a ton for super quick shipping

"So yeah really these guys rock and if they show an item available then chances are it's gonna ship, I ordered the Red Seekins Precision Ambi Safety Selector Kit from two other shops and both ended up saying we thought we had it in stock but don't and don't know when we will get it again, then another shop selling through Amazon are asking a rediculous $65.00 for a product the manufacturer sells for $39.00, it with joeboboutfitters they sell them for only $37.99 so a savings to boot so if you need a hard to find part or help finding something then get hold of these guys, and they shipped in about an hour after I ordered it which is also a huge plus so I am extremely happy with my dealings with joebobs, I'll be ordering much more stuff for my newest build, I'm really gonna make this newest build my best yet and that's saying a lot if you saw my last build so wait till this ones done and thanks again for everything joebobsoutfitters, you made yourself a new loyal customer and I love be back for a whole lot more stuff because with my builds I give a whole other meaning to the word custom high end AR thanks again I truly appreciate your help

BC

This review was modified by Sandman799 on March 07 2016 02:12:34 PM

2016-02-28

Refreshing to see an honest online gun seller!!!

"This store will be getting all my business for whatever they have in stock! I received my order in less than 24hrs from the time I placed my order using standard FedEx ground (within the 1 day window), how awesome is that?! They wasted no time in packaging either of my orders.
I cannot stress enough how great free shipping is on large orders. This seems to be completely lost on all of the other online gun stores and I have started to take my business elsewhere. If i spend a ton of money, shipping should be free, and Joe Bob agrees!
Pricing is great, tons of selection on parts and accessories.
The military/veteran discount is a nice touch, thanks a bunch!
My *ONLY* complaint is that I wish you stocked more .223/5.56 ammo, mainly Federal, Fiocchi and Black hills, as that is really the only stuff that matters.
Thanks again, look forward to doing business in the future! -Nathan

This review was modified by nplackemeier on February 28 2016 09:38:50 AM

2016-02-08

First time buyer, definately not the last!

"I did a big order I bought a Spike's Punisher lower last week. Bought 2 LPK's 2 JP reduced trigger springs, stock kit, Battlelink Stock, over sized pull pins, ergo grips, anti roll pins over sized trigger guard. Ordered all this plus a few more items on friday night and tuesday morning at my door. I am impressed with the speed of delivery and all the products fit and function."

2016-01-23

Great place! Great product! Great value!

"I have been searching for a Sig P938 and I have found that it is a hard gun to find without paying full retail MSRP anyway. A friend recommended Joe Bob's as they had this gun in stock at an incredible price. Not only did I get the gun, holster, and case which I've found to be standard, I also received an additional magazine and a factory Sig laser! This is the BEST value out there hands down and I'm very excited to have taken advantage of it. I've always purchased guns at stores and wasn't sure how easy it was to buy online. It was a very efficient and easy to do by having it shipped to a FFL person who accurately and efficiently completed the paperwork. Ordered the gun on a Tuesday and was picking it up Thursday evening! Great job Joe Bob! I'll be back for more deals, thank you!"

This review was modified by ecoy on January 23 2016 11:39:01 AM

Share Joe Bob Outfitters's store rating

Joe Bob Outfitters is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Joe Bob Outfitters is not a merchant member
Joe Bob Outfitters does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!