Stores > Jerry's Artarama

Chance of future purchase: Rating 8.20/10 8.20/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 7.70/10 7.70/10
    Customer service: Rating 7.29/10 7.29/10

My new fav art shop!

"I was introduced to Jerry's by thefrugalcrafter (youtube). In Malaysia, we have limited supplies of art materials and usually have to buy them overseas (singapore most of time). So, been checking out the items for months because i have to consider international shipping and whatnot. then i realise jerry's definitely has the best deals. Even after international shipping and whatnot, somehow i saved.

Anyways, have only ordered 3 times (i think), i am waiting for the recent purchase to arrive.

i must say i have been very satisfied with the service and the deals that jerry have. keep it up!.

This review was modified by syazananizar on April 28 2016 06:19:55 PM
Rep reply posted May-16-2016

A rep from Jerry's Artarama, JerrysArtarama.com, has responded

“We truly appreciate you taking the time to post your review! Thank you for choosing Jerry's!”

Mad

"On April 14th I placed an order online. I ordered 4 items. I received 2 frames in a box with no paperwork. The other 2 items I ordered have never arrived. I tried to check my order by number online and there is no record. I tried to use live chat, and it would not let me place a comment. I tried calling customer service 3 times and spent a total of more than 40 minutes n hold and never got a response. I sent 2 emails to customerservice@jerrysartarama.com and never received a response. I need the rest of my order (#3220208J) for a class and I'm going to tell everyone in the class not to order from Jerry's anymore unless I get my stuff!"

This review was modified by shawcross on April 28 2016 01:57:58 PM
Rep reply posted May-17-2016

A rep from Jerry's Artarama, JerrysArtarama.com, has responded

“Thank you for writing to us. We did follow up with you, and unfortunately those other 2 items were lost by the mail service. We did send replacements and issue a refund for the remaining item that was out of stock. If you have any further questions, please let us know at cs@jerrysartarama.com or 1-800-827-8478. We appreciate your patience and your continued support.”

Jerry's Artarama Sales are Fantastic

"Jerry's Artarama offers great items at wonderfully low prices. Plus, the have incredible sales. Also, a flat rate of $4.95 for shipping and handling is magnificent. I recommend Jerry's Artarama."

This review was modified by lisaperfetti on April 28 2016 06:41:03 AM
Rep reply posted May-16-2016

A rep from Jerry's Artarama, JerrysArtarama.com, has responded

“Thank you for taking our survey! We are excited to hear that you enjoy the flat rate of shipping. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to let us know at cs@jerrysartarama.com or 1-800-827-8478.”

2016-04-20

!20 Colored Pencils What More Could You Want.

"I would like to thank Jerry's Artarama for the good deal on 120 Faber-Castell Colored Pencil Set.
Years ago I was buying from another company. I was scanning the net and found Jerry's.
The site was easy to use, offering grouping suggestions to help me find things quickly.
I formulated my shopping cart, and checked out knowing that next time ordering would be easier, because mailing address, and shipping address have been logged on to my account.
My order came quickly and was very well packed.

This review was modified by Racoonman on April 20 2016 03:10:31 AM
Rep reply posted Apr-25-2016

A rep from Jerry's Artarama, JerrysArtarama.com, has responded

“Thank you so much for your kind response. We're very happy to know that you found our website fast and easy to navigate. We're also very excited that you bought the 120 Count Faber-Castell Pencil Set. You will surely enjoy them! We're glad you found us and hope you remain a part of the Jerry's family for years to come!”

2016-04-17

Savings-arama

"Fantastic selection, easy-to-use website, fast shipping, and great prices - Jerry's is the place to buy art supplies."

Rep reply posted Apr-19-2016

A rep from Jerry's Artarama, JerrysArtarama.com, has responded

“Thank you so much for your response! We are so glad to know you so many great things to say about Jerry's! Thanks for the kind words and we hop you remain a member of the Jerry's family for many years to come!”

2016-04-06

From great to miserable

"I never thought I’d be writing this kind of review about Jerry’s Artarama. I have been frequent purchaser on their web site for several years. I am a semi-professional photographer and they have been my go-to source for matting and framing supplies for a long time. Historically, their prices, selection, and service has been first class. Even back ordered items were shipped within a reasonable time and phone customer service was very good. Then apparently something went terribly wrong within this organization in the past six months. Let me explain.

In the fall of 2015 I was invited to exhibit a dozen of my framed photographs in a major exhibition to be held in late April 2016. I know this would be lots of work to pull together so I placed a sizable order for materials on November 13, 2016. Some of the items were delivered just fine and others were back ordered until later that month and mid-December. The back order dates kept moving back until mid-February 2016. In January, I called and arranged for Jerry’s to hold onto the items until I returned from travel in mid-March since I could not be at the delivery address until my return. They were very agreeable.

When I returned on mid-March I phoned to arrange delivery and was told that the order had been mistakenly canceled and the items were still back ordered. What followed was a litany of confusion, and several frustrating calls. At various times I was told that these items were back ordered, that two were in the warehouse, and that many were in the warehouse. Typically, I was told that the customer service staff could not make sense of the discrepancy of what was on their computer and what actually seemed to be in house. Most calls involved a long wait while the service reps called supervisors and others in the company. Almost all ended with an admission of error and promise to find out the status. While all service reps were friendly and reassuring, the problem just never seemed to get solved. I was promised return calls four times. Only two calls were returned and those were by Akesha (sp?) who finally figured it all out, called me twice with updates, and finally got the order shipped. Thank you Akesha, you were wonderful.

But the problems did not end there! When I got the billing receipt for the last shipment, the amount billed was 33% higher than when it was first ordered in November 2015! So, yet another call to Jerry’s. The service rep offered only a store credit, not a refund. It took her two consultations with her supervisor and my threat to send the delivery right back to them to finally get a refund.

The last shipment arrived on April 4, 2016, almost five months and countless calls after the order was placed. Now I am really pressed to get the prints prepared for the exhibition in time thanks to Jerry’s.

So, what more can I say? The experience was miserable and I don’t have any idea what happened to this previously smooth functioning organization. New management, systems, personnel? Who knows, but for those who choose to count on Jerry’s Artarama web site for your artistic needs, especially if you need things sooner than five months out, be forewarned that it will likely be a very frustrating experience and you will have to be extremely vigilant and persistent. This experience has turned me from a satisfied longtime loyal volume customer into an embittered review writer. I’ll be looking elsewhere to meet my matting and framing needs.

This review was modified by OneStar on April 06 2016 06:46:31 PM
Rep reply posted Apr-13-2016

A rep from Jerry's Artarama, JerrysArtarama.com, has responded

“Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. We do sincerely regret that you had so much trouble getting your situation taken care of. Please know what this is not representative of Jerry's Artarama at all. We do strive to do our best with every customer's problem. I see that you got your refund for the overcharged merchandise, but if there is anything else Jerry's can do for you, please contact us at cs@jerrysartaramama.com or 1 800 827 8478. We appreciate your business and hope that you remain a part of the Jerry's Artarama family.”

2016-03-21

Great Company..

"I have been using Jerry's for about 2 or 3 years now almost exclusively for all of my art needs. The company is terrific with their deliveries, timely, and customer service is out of this world.. always friendly and offering recourse when needed! On top of it all they have excellent quality and a huge diversity of products that they offer.

The only problem I have with Jerry's is if I can find something online.. they won't match the price. I have had to go to other companies to buy certain items which were considerably less expensive there. I would MUCH rather deal with Jerry's.. but I can't afford to pay almost double for an item. I wish they would price match in the future.

Other than this small inconvenience I HIGHLY recommend Jerry for all of your art supply needs. IMO They are the best company (And I have dealt with quite a few) on the web.

Rep reply posted Apr-13-2016

A rep from Jerry's Artarama, JerrysArtarama.com, has responded

“Thank you for taking our survey! Jerry's does pride ourselves in being fast and efficient. Our customer service team works hard to give the customer what they want and need. Unfortunately, we do not price match, but we do beat out many of our competitors with a lot of our pricing! We consistently run sales and provide coupon codes to help make our items even more affordable. Again, thanks for the review and thank you for being a part of the Jerry's Artarama family!”

2016-03-13

My new favorite online store!

"I have recently taken up acrylic painting. I've shopped locally at Michael's and Hobby Lobby, but I often find their prices high, or their stock low. I discovered Jerry's through The Art Sherpa, Cinnamon Cooney, and I am in art heaven! My only problem now is balancing my wants/needs with my bank balance. There is so much to choose from, great sales, and flat rate shipping!! I'll say that again, flat rate shipping!! My shipments are fast, include tracking information, and I am so impressed with the packaging. My brushes are cello wrapped to prevent damage, my mediums are also cello wrapped to prevent messy leakage, and my canvasses have all arrived free of any damage. I will be a lifelong customer because I have found my inner creativity!"

This review was modified by dropdeadlegs on March 13 2016 11:58:57 PM
Rep reply posted Apr-14-2016

A rep from Jerry's Artarama, JerrysArtarama.com, has responded

“We truly appreciate you taking our survey. Thank you for making Jerry's Artarama your number one place to shop for art supplies! We are pleased to say that we carry a very wide array of items at great prices! Thanks for becoming part of the Jerry's family and we hope that you continue to stay and grow with us!”

2016-03-01

Great prices, amazing selection and really helpful service... What else could you want?

"I am a professional artist and have purchased from Jerry's many many times in the past 5 years. It has always been a great experience - regardless if in person at their West Palm Beach FL store or on line. I just received a big order from an online order and everything was flawless. Everything arrived in great shape. Except one small thing - one of their suppliers made an error when filling a box of pastels and I ended up with 12 colorsn(x2) instead of the 24 assorted colors promised. I just had the pleasure of speaking with Georgie (one of their phone customer service representatives) and they are sending me out a new package today, at no cost to me. Great prices, amazing selection and really helpful service... "

This review was modified by Swoozie17 on March 01 2016 01:45:24 PM
Rep reply posted Mar-09-2016

A rep from Jerry's Artarama, JerrysArtarama.com, has responded

“Thank you so much for taking our survey! We are elated to hear that our customer service representative Georgie was able to handle the issue with your pastels. We appreciate your dedication to our company and thank you for choosing Jerry's.”

2016-02-17

Good prices,fantastic service

" I buy quite a lot of supplies from Jerry's ,and they are my favorite art
supply store. I have bought oil paints,all the way from Soho brand up
to more expensive artist grades. I have found no fault with any of them.
Experimenting with paints,is a large part of painting enjoyment for me.

My wife is bed bound 24/7. You can only watch so much TV,so I decided
to teach her to paint. Thanks to Jerry's,and Soho acrylics,she can slather,
and daub paint to her hearts content. No masterpieces yet,but the glow,
and smile on her face is priceless.

This review was modified by oldsawmill on February 17 2016 08:32:36 PM
Rep reply posted Feb-18-2016

A rep from Jerry's Artarama, JerrysArtarama.com, has responded

“Thank you for your compliments. We strike to provide the best possible customer support. If you have any questions or concerns, please let us know!”

2016-02-14

Great deals!

"I just recently started painting and a friend suggested Jerry's for supplies. I've placed several orders and have been extremely pleased with the fast service. The one time there was a problem, (the cap on a tube of paint broke in shipping), I contacted Jerry's and they immediately replaced it with no questions asked. Didn't even have to return the broken tube. They definitely will have my business for as long as I continue painting!"

This review was modified by Theragirl on February 14 2016 12:15:48 PM
Rep reply posted Feb-17-2016

A rep from Jerry's Artarama, JerrysArtarama.com, has responded

“Thank you so much for taking our survey! We are glad to hear that you called and got a replacement tube of paint. If you need anything else, please let us know. We are happy to help and happy to have you as part of the Jerry's family!”

2016-02-12

Great company......

"Jerry's is a great company to deal with. Fair prices, great service, nice quality of merchandise. Things are always packed well so no damage occurs during shipping. Good turn around time when ordering. I enjoy just browsing the site from time to time to see what's new. The SoHo Urban Artist Adjustable Drawing Board Adjustable Drawing Board 19.75" x 25.5" that I recently purchased is fantastic. Great workmanship and love the size of it. If there is anything negative to say about it.... it is the oder of glue or finishing that's applied in the process of making it. I'm hoping in time that oder fades."

This review was modified by cclsorensen on February 12 2016 12:06:48 PM
Rep reply posted Feb-18-2016

A rep from Jerry's Artarama, JerrysArtarama.com, has responded

“Thank you for taking our survey! We appreciate hearing from you. If you have any concerns, please let us know by reaching us at cs@jerrysartarama.com or 1-800-827-8478.”

2016-02-06

Always will love this store!

"It's been a few years since I've been really able to do my art work, but I'll always use this site for my supplies. They have the quality supplies that I'll never doubt."

This review was modified by JoyfulKatt on February 06 2016 12:05:51 PM
Rep reply posted Feb-08-2016

A rep from Jerry's Artarama, JerrysArtarama.com, has responded

“We truly appreciate you taking our survey. Our success is founded on loyal customers like you. Thanks so much for choosing Jerry's!”

2016-01-28

Art on A budget

"Taking seminars and classes in different art techniques often require buying supplies that I don't have on hand. Jerry's offers the supplies I need without eating in to my budget for the classes them selves. Easy shopping, and super quick shipping makes it a deal I can not pass up"

This review was modified by sundance125 on January 28 2016 09:47:19 PM
Rep reply posted Feb-01-2016

A rep from Jerry's Artarama, JerrysArtarama.com, has responded

“Thank you for choosing Jerry's! We are happy to help save you time and money on art supply shopping for your art education.”

2016-01-23

Great prices and fast shipping!

"I was looking to add more prismacolor pencils to my existing, getting some oldies replaced and some new colors I didn't have-I found Jerrys Artarama! The prices are great-the more you buy, the cheaper it is, shipping was free because of some great coupons out there and fast! Everything arrived faster than they estimate and was packaged quite nicely! I have already placed a 2nd order from them for Copic Markers now too! They have some great prices and everyday they put something on sale at a deep discount. Site can be slow to load sometimes but for me it is worth it because of the money I saved buying with them!"

Rep reply posted Jan-26-2016

A rep from Jerry's Artarama, JerrysArtarama.com, has responded

“Thanks so much for taking our survey! We are glad to hear that you took advantage of the free shipping for your Prismacolor Pencils. Keep a look out for our new site!”

Share Jerry's Artarama's store rating

Jerry's Artarama is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Jerry's Artarama is a merchant member
Jerry's Artarama participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 2,594 merchant members.