Stores > Jameco Electronics

800-237-6948
      custservice@jameco.com
      800-536-4316

• checkmark icon COD

Voice your opinion! Review Jameco Electronics by clicking a star below.
2017-04-04

Jameco customer

"I've used Jameco since the '80's and have never been disappointed once. I purchased my first PC through a PC-XT and many different kits and parts over the years. You won't be disappointed with their service."

2017-04-03

My experiences with Jameco

"I am a retired electrical engineer who likes to tinker with electronic circuits. when I am ready to start a new project - I select my parts from my trusty Jameco catalog. They are super convenient to order from and ship quickly. They have a large inventory of commonly available parts. "

2017-03-14

Always a positive experience

"I've been shopping through Jameco for years. They don't always have everything I need, but they have always had the lowest price on shipping with fastest delivery. Quality has always held up. It's amazing to have a local resource like Jameco."

2016-01-13

Worst experience ever at Belmont CA location

"Placed an order on line for a RJ45 Crimping Tool yesterday for pick up at the Belmont CA location. It was the last one in stock and I wanted to ensure it was available when I arrived. After the two women at the Will Call Desk brought out the tool I said I would like to add some Cat5 wire and RJ45 connectors. They directed me to the computer on the counter that is set up for catalog searches. After a few failed attempts to locate the items I requested some assistance. The items are very common and this should be a quick transaction. Well a gentleman came out and rather than help with my request proceeded to give me a tutorial on the computer catalog again just like the two women? He did add one bit of incorrect information, when he browsed Cat5 network cable he came across Cat5e I asked if the e stood for exterior as I was looking for a cable rated for exterior use, He said Yes.... Wow, really??? Needless to say I did not purchase the crimping tool or any of the other items I needed. Left the store in disgust and had to make my purchase at the Home Depot. When Home Depot puts your company to shame it's time to close your doors. I don't get it, I just wanted to purchase a better quality tool, cable and connectors than Home Depot offers. I've been to this location in the past and they were very helpful, suggesting options for items that were not in my field of expertise. Very disappointing and I will never go back. "

2015-09-16

"So they did send me a new one, it was just DOA. they are working on another RMA. "

2014-11-25

"It took three weeks for Jameco to realize they accepted a payment made via PayPal that wasn't associated with an order. Before the money was ultimately refunded, I'd placed another order with Jameco. The next day I received notification that a payment was being refunded back to my PayPal account.

Now the timing was unfortunate. I made a purchase one day and received the notice of a refund the next day. Putting the two together, I thought the refund was for my most recent order, so I ordered similar items from a different supplier. I found out today that Jameco shipped the most recent order and that the refund was for an order that was never placed but charged for. As a result, I'll either have twice as many items as I need (and have paid for) or I'll have to pay postage to return the items to Jameco. Either way, I'm out money because it took them three weeks to realize they owed me a refund.

What's ironic is that at least three Jameco employees, over the course of a few hours spread between them, managed to save the company less than $5, losing me as a customer in the process. That's a textbook definition of "cutting off your nose to spite your face."

Is this really the kind of company you'd trust your money to?

2014-01-02

"This place is amazing. If you are a tinkerer, then order their catalog and have fun.
We are lucky enough to live close enough to their office to do pickups and have been able to call ahead and get something within an hour, even on New Year's Eve. The front office staff, especially Elizabeth, is so well organized and efficient, doing business with them is a pleasure.
Highly recommend this company. Its our number one go to.

2013-06-04

"Jameco has fantastic customer service and very fast turn around for orders.

Vivian
San Rafael, CA

2013-04-16

"Great service should be recognized. Having the right product at a fair price is always number one, but that is just part of Jameco's complete package. Jameco has been spot on with helping us decide what works for our application. Communicating with us during the process to keep us updated on progress of our order. Allowing us to keep our customers informed. Delivery time is speedy and within estimated period. Your product and customer service is the best money can buy. "

2012-10-13

"Jameco has unique products that I can't find at other larger suppliers, their shipping is fast, and prices are reasonable. They can use USPS for shipping which for small light orders saves a lot over UPS and Fedex. Customer service is excellent, and their web interface allows me to save items I order regularly which saves me time. I have had to return one shipment and Jameco refunded my money promptly with no headaches."

2012-10-09

"Whenever I need to build a power supply or amplifier I reach for my Jameco catalog because they offer reasonably priced components for the experimenter/hobbyist. I do not need MIL grade components at military component prices.
Also their ordering is super simple - just call up the quick order screen and type in the part numbers of your components selected from their catalog. They ship super fast and my parts are always what I ordered!!!! I have never received a wrong part or ever had to return a defective part.

2012-09-05

"Thanks for the prompt service on all my orders and friendly custumer service when I call. Some companys will not return emails or give quotes for quantity orders I am pleased with your company and your personel.
Doug Schmidt

2012-07-31

"I've been dealing with Jameco over 2 years. Great prices & shipping is very fast. No problems with any order. Easy to find needed parts. I had a project with unusal transistor. They don't have it. I e-mailed their technical service dept. for any ideas what to use. Tony Green replied promptly, he needed more info. I sent schematic & parts list. He promptly replied again with their part # and why it would work as opposed to one I thought of using. I placed my order for 30 plus other parts from them as soon as he replied. Their tech service is great as is the rest of company. Try Jameco & you will become a regular customer. Check out Club Jameco for buying or selling kits. You desgin, they supply parts they carry & sell kit You get paid for every kit of yours sold. Great idea. They do not send spam."

2012-07-31

"Hi, I design and develop microprocessor kits for model builders and have used Jameco for over 10 years for many of the components we use in our products. I like the fast shipping and quality of the items I receive. The shipping options are good and reasonable for the basic UPS ground shipping.

Bob, Bakatronics.com

2012-07-25

"EDIT: Surprisingly soon after posting my review on Reseller Ratings, Yvette at Jameco replied to my concerns about some technical confusion with shipping costs.

Basically, I purchased some items and the shipping was labeled "to be determined". I trusted the business, and essentially wrote a carte blanche for shipping which ended up being higher than I expected, based on estimates listed on the website. I called customer service to try to cancel the order, but the package had already been sent, and nothing could be done. Admittedly, when I called, I only briefly mentioned the discrepancy, but perhaps I could have handled the situation more constructively by pressing the issue & giving more details. Instead, I opted to rate the company here on Reseller Ratings.

Ultimately the problem was found, and Yvette fixed my situation after a brief explanation about the issue.

Having worked in information technology I understand that we do not live in a perfect world, and I am very forgiving. Based on this experience, and the (much more reasonable) shipping charges, I definitely recommend Jameco based on this and their other merits, chiefly of which: great customer service. Other benefits of working with them include a great selection, easy to navigate website, FAST shipping (ironic), and competitive shipping charges compared to other online retailers. Please keep in mind, these thoughts are from the perspective of an amateur electronics hobbyist, so feel free to take my review with a grain of salt.

At any rate, thank you, Jameco! I appreciate Yvette's prompt attention, and I think it is amazing in this age that companies actively interact with social media websites such as Reseller Ratings to provide the next step in customer service technology. Simply amazing. Thank you!

Share Jameco Electronics's store rating

Jameco Electronics is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Jameco Electronics is not a merchant member
Jameco Electronics does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!