Jameco Electronics Reviews - jameco.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 10.00/10 40 reviews

Jameco Electronics is not a merchant member
Jameco Electronics does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"This place is amazing. If you are a tinkerer, then order their catalog and have fun.
We are lucky enough to live close enough to their office to do pickups and have been able to call ahead and get something within an hour, even on New Year's Eve. The front office staff, especially Elizabeth, is so well organized and efficient, doing business with them is a pleasure.
Highly recommend this company. Its our number one go to.

modified review This review was modified by beturnbaugh on January 02 2014 11:18:56 AM

"Jameco has fantastic customer service and very fast turn around for orders.

Vivian
San Rafael, CA

modified review This review was modified by VSob-Buyer on June 04 2013 11:56:32 AM

"Great service should be recognized. Having the right product at a fair price is always number one, but that is just part of Jameco's complete package. Jameco has been spot on with helping us decide what works for our application. Communicating with us during the process to keep us updated on progress of our order. Allowing us to keep our customers informed. Delivery time is speedy and within estimated period. Your product and customer service is the best money can buy. "

"Jameco has unique products that I can't find at other larger suppliers, their shipping is fast, and prices are reasonable. They can use USPS for shipping which for small light orders saves a lot over UPS and Fedex. Customer service is excellent, and their web interface allows me to save items I order regularly which saves me time. I have had to return one shipment and Jameco refunded my money promptly with no headaches."

"Whenever I need to build a power supply or amplifier I reach for my Jameco catalog because they offer reasonably priced components for the experimenter/hobbyist. I do not need MIL grade components at military component prices.
Also their ordering is super simple - just call up the quick order screen and type in the part numbers of your components selected from their catalog. They ship super fast and my parts are always what I ordered!!!! I have never received a wrong part or ever had to return a defective part.

"Thanks for the prompt service on all my orders and friendly custumer service when I call. Some companys will not return emails or give quotes for quantity orders I am pleased with your company and your personel.
Doug Schmidt

"I've been dealing with Jameco over 2 years. Great prices & shipping is very fast. No problems with any order. Easy to find needed parts. I had a project with unusal transistor. They don't have it. I e-mailed their technical service dept. for any ideas what to use. Tony Green replied promptly, he needed more info. I sent schematic & parts list. He promptly replied again with their part # and why it would work as opposed to one I thought of using. I placed my order for 30 plus other parts from them as soon as he replied. Their tech service is great as is the rest of company. Try Jameco & you will become a regular customer. Check out Club Jameco for buying or selling kits. You desgin, they supply parts they carry & sell kit You get paid for every kit of yours sold. Great idea. They do not send spam."

"Hi, I design and develop microprocessor kits for model builders and have used Jameco for over 10 years for many of the components we use in our products. I like the fast shipping and quality of the items I receive. The shipping options are good and reasonable for the basic UPS ground shipping.

Bob, Bakatronics.com

"EDIT: Surprisingly soon after posting my review on Reseller Ratings, Yvette at Jameco replied to my concerns about some technical confusion with shipping costs.

Basically, I purchased some items and the shipping was labeled "to be determined". I trusted the business, and essentially wrote a carte blanche for shipping which ended up being higher than I expected, based on estimates listed on the website. I called customer service to try to cancel the order, but the package had already been sent, and nothing could be done. Admittedly, when I called, I only briefly mentioned the discrepancy, but perhaps I could have handled the situation more constructively by pressing the issue & giving more details. Instead, I opted to rate the company here on Reseller Ratings.

Ultimately the problem was found, and Yvette fixed my situation after a brief explanation about the issue.

Having worked in information technology I understand that we do not live in a perfect world, and I am very forgiving. Based on this experience, and the (much more reasonable) shipping charges, I definitely recommend Jameco based on this and their other merits, chiefly of which: great customer service. Other benefits of working with them include a great selection, easy to navigate website, FAST shipping (ironic), and competitive shipping charges compared to other online retailers. Please keep in mind, these thoughts are from the perspective of an amateur electronics hobbyist, so feel free to take my review with a grain of salt.

At any rate, thank you, Jameco! I appreciate Yvette's prompt attention, and I think it is amazing in this age that companies actively interact with social media websites such as Reseller Ratings to provide the next step in customer service technology. Simply amazing. Thank you!

modified review This review was modified by neohelios77 on July 25 2012 02:37:48 PM

"Great customer service, fast shipping. Helpful staff"

"I run a Science and Technology Summer school at the University of California Davis. One of our classes needed optical link kits ASAP when another company told us that their supply was on back-order. Jameco was able to produce the quantity of the supplies we needed extremely quickly. They were very helpful, going so far as to call and follow up regarding any ambiguities in the order. We will definitely use them in the future!"

"Periodically we purchase items from Jameco for certain projects and are very happy with the service. They ship fast and the automatic email correspondence is informative without being annoying. This is a plus in this day and age. Most of all the products are great and so is the pricing. Good bunch of folks and highly recommend them as a reputable place to do business with. Thanks for the excellent service. Regards, Tim "

"As a purchasing agent for an Engineering firm, I have used Jameco for over 3 years. Not once have they missed an item or shipping date. The people working there are wonderful to work with, they are always friendly and willing to help. I have to say this is one of my favorite vendors - and I do have hundreds!"

"As a small business, I have been using Jameco for many years.
Jameco has helped me, especially when I forget one item and the courteous staff add it to my order like they are mind readers and keep my order on time.
Thank You Jameco Wonder Workers.
Don E Nolan

"I have used Jameco parts to service equipment at work and on my own repair business since I started it in tech school. Now continuing my undergrad degree I find them even more usefull with the online catalog and the cookbook series of experiments. Their line of parts cover replacements hard to find at other vendors along with a host of kits and development boards. I still use a wood handled electricians knife I bought when I first started ordering tools with Jameco."