Stores > Jackson & Perkins
  • Jackson & Perki

Product & services pricing Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
Voice your opinion! Review Jackson & Perkins by clicking a star below.
2017-03-03

Poor customer service

"Loyal customer for holiday amaryllis for several family members annually. This year had 2 bulb orders with greenery only but never bloomed. Waited full 6-12 weeks for bloom as per instructions and contacted J&P when they failed to do so. I was told I was outside the warrantied period because I waited so long. I suspect if I had called before the 12 week period I would have been told I'm calling too early.... Lost customer, poor customer service."

This review was modified by WTC33 on March 03 2017 11:30:01 AM

2017-02-07

they're fine (by rosarian who ordered twice in two years)

"My mom loved roses, I grow them too (about 35 bushes at present). I've ordered from "the new" J&P twice in the past two years (Radiant Perfume in 2015, Wildfire this year) and had good experiences both times.

I think this may be a situation in which only the people who are unhappy write reviews.

This review was modified by quitaque1 on February 07 2017 04:15:17 PM

2016-12-30

Not a company to trust

"Do not use this company. The multiple bad reviews support this claim. Would not honor a $50 gift certificate. Said it expired. "

2016-05-02

Hope I can save even 1 person from ordering from them

"I bought my mom 3 roses for Christmas from Jackson Perkins and she received them today in time for spring planting in her area. Here is the problem. They were out of stock of one of the roses so they substituted a container rose (I didn't order, nor does my mom want a container rose) for the out of stock bare root rose (that I did order) When I called to get it exchanged for a bare root rose and explain our disappointment; I was told that I would have to pay a 20% restocking fee. WTF - I have to pay for your mistake?? Per their Product Guarantee they state they can substitute for an item of greater or equal value. Wouldn't it make sense that it at least be the same TYPE of item? It also says in their "fine print" that non-defective tools and gardening accessories will incur a 20% restocking fee. A container rose is neither a tool nor an accessory. I made 2 calls to Jackson Perkins and the customer service representatives were incredibly rude. Finally got to a manager- OH MY she was even worse! What a horrible organization. Looking for another place to order some pretty roses for my mom."

This review was modified by lrogersre on May 02 2016 10:33:48 PM

2016-04-20

Not the company they used to be

"I used to be a loyal customer of J&P. Was even on their rose panel, where they would ship new varieties under testing for a very low price in return for feedback. Recently I returned to the U.S. from work abroad and wanted to establish a rose bed in my new home. J&P was a major disappointment.

First, I ordered my roses, then was monitoring the site for an planned ship date. My rose bed was ready,then the date almost arrived, suddenly the dates started changing to later. This happened multiple times, until 2 weeks after the scheduled arrival, I called. I was told the truck had arrived that day, they would ship the next day.

The next day, the online status hadn't changed, so I called. I was told the first rep was new, it wasn't true they had arrived. It would be a couple more days.

A few days later, I got a status email saying they had been shipped, When the box arrived on a Monday, 6 days later, there were 3 of the six roses. I relooked at the email, it turns out that it was a partial shipment. A few days later, I got another email. 2 of the remaining 3 roses were being shipped. Again, arrived on a Monday, six days after shipping. Today, a few days later, I got an email saying that a different rose than I had ordered as my last rose was being "on it's way".

I called the company. They said there was a crop failure. I told them I did not want this substitute. I had planned varieties and colors for my bed, I couldn't use this rose. They told me I will get a refund. I can not understand why it took this long to know there was a crop failure and wasn't even asked if there was something else that would work. Interestingly, the substitute is one that is on sale at the site... must be they just replaced my desired rose with one they had too many of.

Beyond the dates, the roses I received were miles below what I expected from J&P. There was one that was a bare root plant that was of good size. All the rest were very young, small plants that looked more like little shrubs in pots. The branches in two were broken off from when they were put in the packing box. I complained about the size and broken branches, they told me that if they didn't start growing in 90 days I could get a refund. Otherwise, there was nothing they could do for me.

Roses at J&P used to be worth it. More expensive than buying local, but you had lots of choices and the plants were always excellent quality. I don't know what happened, but I will never buy from J%P again, instead I will buy local where they are cheaper, I know what I am getting and I know when I am getting it.

This review was modified by chataugua on April 20 2016 03:32:53 PM

2015-11-20

"Ordered 5 amaryllis bulbs with saucers. No saucers came with bulbs. Customer service agent had me open all of the boxes; No saucers in any. Agent told me that order would be replaced completely & to keep bulbs. Bulbs with open boxes pushed up through open boxes &, as a result, cannot be given as gifts. Now, Jackson & Perkins has decided to just send saucers.

Have ordered Christmas presents from Jackson & Perkins for many years. Never again. Beware!

This review was modified by jcbroda on November 20 2015 07:41:33 AM

2015-09-13

"Jackson & Perkins won't tell you but DO NOT SEND LILIES to anyone who has a CAT. Even if they just eat a couple of leaves or lick a few pollen grains off their fur, cats will suffer acute kidney failure within a very short period of time. Lily toxicity is a devestating toxicity which despite aggressive treatment, many cats die.

All parts of the plant are considered toxic including flowers, leaves, pollen and the stems. Only small amounts of the plant are required to cause toxicity. Even a kitten mouthing a plant should be considered a serious and potentially fatal ingestion.

If you keep cats you should never have lilies in your house or garden.

2015-09-08

"Please DO NOT order from this company. Their product is inferior and they will overcharge you. I order 3 rose bushes ("Our Lady of Guadalupe", "Wildfire" & "Gemini") as well as a few other plants. I followed the instructions they sent with the plants. All plants had sufficient sunlight, drainage, soil, fertilizer, water, etc... The entire order failed with the exception of the Guadalupe rose bush which was planted in the same flower bed as the other bare root rose bushes. The Gemini and the wildfire did not even leaf out. They were dead upon arrival. When I attempted to contact them on this issue, they stated that the product was not properly cared for so they couldn't issue a credit, send healthy roses/flowers, or refund 80% of purchase price knowing that one of the rose bushes was healthy and was cared for in the exact same manner as the others that were dead upon arrival. They were not listening to my concerns or paid any attention to what I said. It was all my fault. Their customer service is poor. They will shift blame at all costs to avoid loosing money to their business when in fact they will loose more business and money by treating their customers unfairly. Very unsatisfied and disappointed with this company."

This review was modified by Kyrakaos on September 08 2015 08:05:24 AM

2015-06-10

"I ordered three roses from J&P and when they arrived they were covered with a white fuzzy fungal growth over the entire upper part of the plant. When I called to complain they said it was a standard result (!!!) of their being shipped across country, and that I should carefully wipe off the fungus, being careful to avoid the thorns. They refused to send me a shipping label, refused to refund me the shipping costs (more than one rose plant), and seemed not to care at all about the situation. I would never do business with them again. The bargain was no bargain. "

2015-01-06

"Beware buying from here! I purchased a decorated Christmas tree for my grandparents. I ordered it a couple months in advance as we budgeted our Christmas money at that time. We were not charged until December, when it shipped, and were then overdrawn on that account. I called to cancel the order and was told it was too late, then a minute later the lady said she had cancelled it and our money would be refunded. Come to find out IT WAS NOT CANCELLED and shipped. I was irate! I called again and was told there was no way she could have cancelled it, thus she lied to me saying she had. The customer service rep then said they would recall the order and we would be refunded when they received it back. They received the order back on Christmas Eve. I waited for the refund. Today, JANUARY 6 I called as we had not received a refund. I was told that it would be 3-5 MORE DAYS to get our refund. When I asked why this was taking so long, the customer service rep said that no one had alerted them that the order had come back. WHAT IN THE WORLD?!?!? This has been a terrible experience and I will never order again from Jackson and Perkins. It still remains to be seen if and when we will get our refund from them. It's been weeks since I initially requested it, and 2 weeks since they received our order back. Totally unacceptable customer service. I would recommend purchasing anywhere else but here, especially if you value honesty from a company and timely service. UGH!!!!"

2014-06-28

"I will never shop here again and I will also let my friends know not to use this site. First I order some roses that when I got them, they were already dead after trying to get my money back for 2 months. I then re-order different flowers and it's been a month and I still haven't seen them. I Contacted the company and they said it would ship out in a week, well it's been three weeks since I called them and it still hasn't shipped. I contact them again and they said you will have to call us back on a weekday since we are unable to help you over the phone today. NEVER SHOP HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

This review was modified by anelso9 on June 28 2014 10:48:49 AM

2014-05-12

"Don't order from jackson and perkins online!! I ordered a plant for my brother for his birthday 2 weeks before his birthday. A month later it still hadn't shipped and the company made no effort to contact me. When I finally got in touch with their customer service department, they told me the order would ship on the first of the following month. I was frustrated, but felt I had no choice but to wait. On the 12th of the following month, when he still had not received the order, and I had received no information whatsoever from the company, i finally got in touch with customer service again. they told me the plant I'd ordered was unavailable from the vendor and that my order had been canceled--but no one had bothered to get in touch with me!! when I expressed my frustration, they asked that i give them some leeway as this is a very busy time of year for them. Who are they kidding?? I really wish I had read these reviews before I ordered from them..."

This review was modified by Gillian23 on May 12 2014 12:18:58 PM

2013-05-29

"A few years ago I ordered from J&P and had a very good customer service and product experience. When we moved to a new home last fall, and the local nursery that carried J&P roses closed, I decided to order online. I ordered a set of small trellises, two six packs of annuals, a rose, and plant food. The trellises arrived in a reasonable amount of time. Then a few weeks went by, the anticipated "ship date" for the plants long past. I emailed and was informed they were back-ordered. I should have been notified of that when I ordered. I got no explanation about the plant food although I specifically asked in my email. Another week or so later, I asked them to cancel the rest of my order and was told that was not possible. My fertilizer and my plants, such as they were, arrived 2 days later. Coincidence? The rose was pathetically small, and even with TLC it hasn't grown much. The 6 packs were a joke, the smallest I have ever seen with spindly tiny plants. While the rest of my garden thrives and blooms, those plants are barely limping along. I wrote a review but it was never posted, nor did anyone respond to my comments. I will never buy from them again."

This review was modified by truckscale on May 29 2013 03:16:24 PM

2012-09-08

"Jackson and Perkins may sell nice products but pray you don’t have a problem. Their rose guarantee is only about a month or two and not enough time to see much growth from dormancy. I spent over $100 on 5 roses and when they arrived were just twigs as described. I followed all instructions to the t. There was no neglect here. I called today since the growing season is at its end to inform Jackson
and Perkins that 3 of my roses never bloomed or took off. The other two which were in a row with the other took off nicely. Their reply was that I had to inform them by June 30th. The roses didn’t even touch soil till mid-april and escaped dormancy around mid to end of May. certainly not enough time to bloom. Home depot and nurseries guarantee their perrenial products for a year. I called today. Within the same growing season and the call center rep was nasty and unhelpful. I will never buy from here again and will pass on the word to others. If you want something unique with a guarantee go to your local nursery. They will treat you with respect.

2012-08-29

"Don't buy from them. They sent me a disgusting excuse for a rose that they charged me $17 for and it died in one week. I am still trying to get my refund; this is the fifth month since I first requested they honor their warranty and send me a refund. To date they have sent nothing!!"

Share Jackson & Perkins's store rating

Jackson & Perkins is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Jackson & Perkins is not a merchant member
Jackson & Perkins does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!