Stores > Jackson & Perkins
  • Jackson & Perki

Product & services pricing Rating 0.83/10 0.83/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10
Voice your opinion! Review Jackson & Perkins by clicking a star below.
2017-05-13

Customer service lies

"During four calls to customer service about when my order would ship, I was told they had the roses and they would ship in a few days. Yesterday the person said the roses were coming to them in their last shipment next week. When I asked why I had been told the previous time that they had the roses she admitted that she had no visibility into their inventory or of what would be on their last shipment. I asked to speak to her manager. I was not able to get her manager on the phone. I asked that that manager call me. I have received no call. I will be cancelling my order. All lies."

2017-05-02

Just say NO!!!

"I bought 4 hydrangea plants that were shipped April 2017. I payed a premium price and they were lousey. One is so small I question that it will ever survive. I am so disappointed. I will never buy from them again. When contacted they act like they probably won't make it right. I work hard for my money I shouldn't have to work hard all over again to get justice. Marilyn Grammatico"

2017-04-29

Plants arrive half dead, still no rose no response from J&P

"I ordered a large number of plants in March, received most of them, half dead in mid April, but no rose. Emailed - no response.
Called and was told the blame was with California growers and I’d have the rose the following week - almost 3 weeks later no rose, again no response to my email.
AWFUL COMPANY

BUYER BEWARE

2017-04-27

As low as we could go

"Ordered a plant costing 30 bucks. It arrived and looked like a Walmart reject, burned leaves, mostly dead. I called, told them my story, told them I was not satisfied and wanted a refund. Then I had to submit to hard-sell "don't worry, be happy" responses like, well things happen, it is a hearty plant, give it a month and so on. I insisted on a refund and offered photos, which they declined. They said they would credit my credit card, but a week has elapsed with no credit. Bad quality plants, bad quality customeer support, and maybe bad promises."

2017-03-03

Poor customer service

"Loyal customer for holiday amaryllis for several family members annually. This year had 2 bulb orders with greenery only but never bloomed. Waited full 6-12 weeks for bloom as per instructions and contacted J&P when they failed to do so. I was told I was outside the warrantied period because I waited so long. I suspect if I had called before the 12 week period I would have been told I'm calling too early.... Lost customer, poor customer service."

2017-02-07

they're fine (by rosarian who ordered twice in two years)

"My mom loved roses, I grow them too (about 35 bushes at present). I've ordered from "the new" J&P twice in the past two years (Radiant Perfume in 2015, Wildfire this year) and had good experiences both times.

I think this may be a situation in which only the people who are unhappy write reviews.

2016-12-30

Not a company to trust

"Do not use this company. The multiple bad reviews support this claim. Would not honor a $50 gift certificate. Said it expired. "

2016-05-02

Hope I can save even 1 person from ordering from them

"I bought my mom 3 roses for Christmas from Jackson Perkins and she received them today in time for spring planting in her area. Here is the problem. They were out of stock of one of the roses so they substituted a container rose (I didn't order, nor does my mom want a container rose) for the out of stock bare root rose (that I did order) When I called to get it exchanged for a bare root rose and explain our disappointment; I was told that I would have to pay a 20% restocking fee. WTF - I have to pay for your mistake?? Per their Product Guarantee they state they can substitute for an item of greater or equal value. Wouldn't it make sense that it at least be the same TYPE of item? It also says in their "fine print" that non-defective tools and gardening accessories will incur a 20% restocking fee. A container rose is neither a tool nor an accessory. I made 2 calls to Jackson Perkins and the customer service representatives were incredibly rude. Finally got to a manager- OH MY she was even worse! What a horrible organization. Looking for another place to order some pretty roses for my mom."

2016-04-20

Not the company they used to be

"I used to be a loyal customer of J&P. Was even on their rose panel, where they would ship new varieties under testing for a very low price in return for feedback. Recently I returned to the U.S. from work abroad and wanted to establish a rose bed in my new home. J&P was a major disappointment.

First, I ordered my roses, then was monitoring the site for an planned ship date. My rose bed was ready,then the date almost arrived, suddenly the dates started changing to later. This happened multiple times, until 2 weeks after the scheduled arrival, I called. I was told the truck had arrived that day, they would ship the next day.

The next day, the online status hadn't changed, so I called. I was told the first rep was new, it wasn't true they had arrived. It would be a couple more days.

A few days later, I got a status email saying they had been shipped, When the box arrived on a Monday, 6 days later, there were 3 of the six roses. I relooked at the email, it turns out that it was a partial shipment. A few days later, I got another email. 2 of the remaining 3 roses were being shipped. Again, arrived on a Monday, six days after shipping. Today, a few days later, I got an email saying that a different rose than I had ordered as my last rose was being "on it's way".

I called the company. They said there was a crop failure. I told them I did not want this substitute. I had planned varieties and colors for my bed, I couldn't use this rose. They told me I will get a refund. I can not understand why it took this long to know there was a crop failure and wasn't even asked if there was something else that would work. Interestingly, the substitute is one that is on sale at the site... must be they just replaced my desired rose with one they had too many of.

Beyond the dates, the roses I received were miles below what I expected from J&P. There was one that was a bare root plant that was of good size. All the rest were very young, small plants that looked more like little shrubs in pots. The branches in two were broken off from when they were put in the packing box. I complained about the size and broken branches, they told me that if they didn't start growing in 90 days I could get a refund. Otherwise, there was nothing they could do for me.

Roses at J&P used to be worth it. More expensive than buying local, but you had lots of choices and the plants were always excellent quality. I don't know what happened, but I will never buy from J%P again, instead I will buy local where they are cheaper, I know what I am getting and I know when I am getting it.

2015-11-20

"Ordered 5 amaryllis bulbs with saucers. No saucers came with bulbs. Customer service agent had me open all of the boxes; No saucers in any. Agent told me that order would be replaced completely & to keep bulbs. Bulbs with open boxes pushed up through open boxes &, as a result, cannot be given as gifts. Now, Jackson & Perkins has decided to just send saucers.

Have ordered Christmas presents from Jackson & Perkins for many years. Never again. Beware!

2015-09-13

"Jackson & Perkins won't tell you but DO NOT SEND LILIES to anyone who has a CAT. Even if they just eat a couple of leaves or lick a few pollen grains off their fur, cats will suffer acute kidney failure within a very short period of time. Lily toxicity is a devestating toxicity which despite aggressive treatment, many cats die.

All parts of the plant are considered toxic including flowers, leaves, pollen and the stems. Only small amounts of the plant are required to cause toxicity. Even a kitten mouthing a plant should be considered a serious and potentially fatal ingestion.

If you keep cats you should never have lilies in your house or garden.

2015-09-08

"Please DO NOT order from this company. Their product is inferior and they will overcharge you. I order 3 rose bushes ("Our Lady of Guadalupe", "Wildfire" & "Gemini") as well as a few other plants. I followed the instructions they sent with the plants. All plants had sufficient sunlight, drainage, soil, fertilizer, water, etc... The entire order failed with the exception of the Guadalupe rose bush which was planted in the same flower bed as the other bare root rose bushes. The Gemini and the wildfire did not even leaf out. They were dead upon arrival. When I attempted to contact them on this issue, they stated that the product was not properly cared for so they couldn't issue a credit, send healthy roses/flowers, or refund 80% of purchase price knowing that one of the rose bushes was healthy and was cared for in the exact same manner as the others that were dead upon arrival. They were not listening to my concerns or paid any attention to what I said. It was all my fault. Their customer service is poor. They will shift blame at all costs to avoid loosing money to their business when in fact they will loose more business and money by treating their customers unfairly. Very unsatisfied and disappointed with this company."

2015-06-10

"I ordered three roses from J&P and when they arrived they were covered with a white fuzzy fungal growth over the entire upper part of the plant. When I called to complain they said it was a standard result (!!!) of their being shipped across country, and that I should carefully wipe off the fungus, being careful to avoid the thorns. They refused to send me a shipping label, refused to refund me the shipping costs (more than one rose plant), and seemed not to care at all about the situation. I would never do business with them again. The bargain was no bargain. "

2015-01-06

"Beware buying from here! I purchased a decorated Christmas tree for my grandparents. I ordered it a couple months in advance as we budgeted our Christmas money at that time. We were not charged until December, when it shipped, and were then overdrawn on that account. I called to cancel the order and was told it was too late, then a minute later the lady said she had cancelled it and our money would be refunded. Come to find out IT WAS NOT CANCELLED and shipped. I was irate! I called again and was told there was no way she could have cancelled it, thus she lied to me saying she had. The customer service rep then said they would recall the order and we would be refunded when they received it back. They received the order back on Christmas Eve. I waited for the refund. Today, JANUARY 6 I called as we had not received a refund. I was told that it would be 3-5 MORE DAYS to get our refund. When I asked why this was taking so long, the customer service rep said that no one had alerted them that the order had come back. WHAT IN THE WORLD?!?!? This has been a terrible experience and I will never order again from Jackson and Perkins. It still remains to be seen if and when we will get our refund from them. It's been weeks since I initially requested it, and 2 weeks since they received our order back. Totally unacceptable customer service. I would recommend purchasing anywhere else but here, especially if you value honesty from a company and timely service. UGH!!!!"

2014-06-28

"I will never shop here again and I will also let my friends know not to use this site. First I order some roses that when I got them, they were already dead after trying to get my money back for 2 months. I then re-order different flowers and it's been a month and I still haven't seen them. I Contacted the company and they said it would ship out in a week, well it's been three weeks since I called them and it still hasn't shipped. I contact them again and they said you will have to call us back on a weekday since we are unable to help you over the phone today. NEVER SHOP HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Share Jackson & Perkins's store rating

Jackson & Perkins is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Jackson & Perkins is not a merchant member
Jackson & Perkins does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!