Stores > Jackson & Perkins

• Jackson & Perki

Product & services pricing Rating 1.88/10 1.88/10

"Ordered 5 amaryllis bulbs with saucers. No saucers came with bulbs. Customer service agent had me open all of the boxes; No saucers in any. Agent told me that order would be replaced completely & to keep bulbs. Bulbs with open boxes pushed up through open boxes &, as a result, cannot be given as gifts. Now, Jackson & Perkins has decided to just send saucers.

Have ordered Christmas presents from Jackson & Perkins for many years. Never again. Beware!

This review was modified by jcbroda on November 20 2015 07:41:33 AM

"Jackson & Perkins won't tell you but DO NOT SEND LILIES to anyone who has a CAT. Even if they just eat a couple of leaves or lick a few pollen grains off their fur, cats will suffer acute kidney failure within a very short period of time. Lily toxicity is a devestating toxicity which despite aggressive treatment, many cats die.

All parts of the plant are considered toxic including flowers, leaves, pollen and the stems. Only small amounts of the plant are required to cause toxicity. Even a kitten mouthing a plant should be considered a serious and potentially fatal ingestion.

If you keep cats you should never have lilies in your house or garden.

"Please DO NOT order from this company. Their product is inferior and they will overcharge you. I order 3 rose bushes ("Our Lady of Guadalupe", "Wildfire" & "Gemini") as well as a few other plants. I followed the instructions they sent with the plants. All plants had sufficient sunlight, drainage, soil, fertilizer, water, etc... The entire order failed with the exception of the Guadalupe rose bush which was planted in the same flower bed as the other bare root rose bushes. The Gemini and the wildfire did not even leaf out. They were dead upon arrival. When I attempted to contact them on this issue, they stated that the product was not properly cared for so they couldn't issue a credit, send healthy roses/flowers, or refund 80% of purchase price knowing that one of the rose bushes was healthy and was cared for in the exact same manner as the others that were dead upon arrival. They were not listening to my concerns or paid any attention to what I said. It was all my fault. Their customer service is poor. They will shift blame at all costs to avoid loosing money to their business when in fact they will loose more business and money by treating their customers unfairly. Very unsatisfied and disappointed with this company."

This review was modified by Kyrakaos on September 08 2015 08:05:24 AM

"I ordered three roses from J&P and when they arrived they were covered with a white fuzzy fungal growth over the entire upper part of the plant. When I called to complain they said it was a standard result (!!!) of their being shipped across country, and that I should carefully wipe off the fungus, being careful to avoid the thorns. They refused to send me a shipping label, refused to refund me the shipping costs (more than one rose plant), and seemed not to care at all about the situation. I would never do business with them again. The bargain was no bargain. "

"Beware buying from here! I purchased a decorated Christmas tree for my grandparents. I ordered it a couple months in advance as we budgeted our Christmas money at that time. We were not charged until December, when it shipped, and were then overdrawn on that account. I called to cancel the order and was told it was too late, then a minute later the lady said she had cancelled it and our money would be refunded. Come to find out IT WAS NOT CANCELLED and shipped. I was irate! I called again and was told there was no way she could have cancelled it, thus she lied to me saying she had. The customer service rep then said they would recall the order and we would be refunded when they received it back. They received the order back on Christmas Eve. I waited for the refund. Today, JANUARY 6 I called as we had not received a refund. I was told that it would be 3-5 MORE DAYS to get our refund. When I asked why this was taking so long, the customer service rep said that no one had alerted them that the order had come back. WHAT IN THE WORLD?!?!? This has been a terrible experience and I will never order again from Jackson and Perkins. It still remains to be seen if and when we will get our refund from them. It's been weeks since I initially requested it, and 2 weeks since they received our order back. Totally unacceptable customer service. I would recommend purchasing anywhere else but here, especially if you value honesty from a company and timely service. UGH!!!!"

"I will never shop here again and I will also let my friends know not to use this site. First I order some roses that when I got them, they were already dead after trying to get my money back for 2 months. I then re-order different flowers and it's been a month and I still haven't seen them. I Contacted the company and they said it would ship out in a week, well it's been three weeks since I called them and it still hasn't shipped. I contact them again and they said you will have to call us back on a weekday since we are unable to help you over the phone today. NEVER SHOP HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

This review was modified by anelso9 on June 28 2014 10:48:49 AM

"Don't order from jackson and perkins online!! I ordered a plant for my brother for his birthday 2 weeks before his birthday. A month later it still hadn't shipped and the company made no effort to contact me. When I finally got in touch with their customer service department, they told me the order would ship on the first of the following month. I was frustrated, but felt I had no choice but to wait. On the 12th of the following month, when he still had not received the order, and I had received no information whatsoever from the company, i finally got in touch with customer service again. they told me the plant I'd ordered was unavailable from the vendor and that my order had been canceled--but no one had bothered to get in touch with me!! when I expressed my frustration, they asked that i give them some leeway as this is a very busy time of year for them. Who are they kidding?? I really wish I had read these reviews before I ordered from them..."

This review was modified by Gillian23 on May 12 2014 12:18:58 PM

"A few years ago I ordered from J&P and had a very good customer service and product experience. When we moved to a new home last fall, and the local nursery that carried J&P roses closed, I decided to order online. I ordered a set of small trellises, two six packs of annuals, a rose, and plant food. The trellises arrived in a reasonable amount of time. Then a few weeks went by, the anticipated "ship date" for the plants long past. I emailed and was informed they were back-ordered. I should have been notified of that when I ordered. I got no explanation about the plant food although I specifically asked in my email. Another week or so later, I asked them to cancel the rest of my order and was told that was not possible. My fertilizer and my plants, such as they were, arrived 2 days later. Coincidence? The rose was pathetically small, and even with TLC it hasn't grown much. The 6 packs were a joke, the smallest I have ever seen with spindly tiny plants. While the rest of my garden thrives and blooms, those plants are barely limping along. I wrote a review but it was never posted, nor did anyone respond to my comments. I will never buy from them again."

This review was modified by truckscale on May 29 2013 03:16:24 PM

"Jackson and Perkins may sell nice products but pray you don’t have a problem. Their rose guarantee is only about a month or two and not enough time to see much growth from dormancy. I spent over $100 on 5 roses and when they arrived were just twigs as described. I followed all instructions to the t. There was no neglect here. I called today since the growing season is at its end to inform Jackson
and Perkins that 3 of my roses never bloomed or took off. The other two which were in a row with the other took off nicely. Their reply was that I had to inform them by June 30th. The roses didn’t even touch soil till mid-april and escaped dormancy around mid to end of May. certainly not enough time to bloom. Home depot and nurseries guarantee their perrenial products for a year. I called today. Within the same growing season and the call center rep was nasty and unhelpful. I will never buy from here again and will pass on the word to others. If you want something unique with a guarantee go to your local nursery. They will treat you with respect.

"Don't buy from them. They sent me a disgusting excuse for a rose that they charged me $17 for and it died in one week. I am still trying to get my refund; this is the fifth month since I first requested they honor their warranty and send me a refund. To date they have sent nothing!!"

"I am a professional landscape designer and I have been a Maryland Certified Professional Horticulturist for about 20 years. So I do have some experience in growing plants in my area, the Central part of Maryland. I am no gardening novice and my "loss rate" of the plants I have installed for my clients is less than 3% which for my industry is exceptionally low.

Years ago I purchased Jackson & Perkins (J&P) roses for my own yard and was impressed with their growth and performance in my yard so since then I have advised my clients to purchase roses from J&P. That will no longer be the case.

I moved to another home and this year decided I wanted to grow some roses so I ordered 6 plants form J&P. When they arrived I noted that they were not as robust as the plants I remembered getting years earlier. Though all 6 leaved out five of them never really looked all that vigorous and during the last two weeks of August, despite my careful watering, fertilizing, adding vitamin solutions and other "babying" efforts, two of them gave up and simply died altogether.

I just contacted J&P and they essentially told me tough luck! I should have contacted them within 90 days they said. What was I supposed to tell them, that they were not performing as robustly as the roses I purchased years earlier. They weren't dead within that 90 day period, they were just minimally performing. They could care less! Their rep said that I should have asked them for an extension, just in case. Just in case! They weren't dead yet, so I was to anticipate that they would go from performing minimally to getting worse!? Who are they kidding.

Now I will tell my clients to buy their roses from Lowes or Home Depot. At least if they die within a year they'll either get a new plant or their money back!

This review was modified by tfmdinc on September 09 2010 12:37:12 PM

"Horrible Customer Service. Promised to ship on the 24th. Maybe will ship on the 28th to be received by the 30th. This is going to a 93 year old Aunt. Customer Service could not tell me anything unless I talked to a supervisor and both sup's were busy (probably with complaints). When a sup called back she didn't use the number I left. I didn't get the message until late in the evening bacause of this. I will never order from them again. J & P may have nice plants, somewhat more expensive than others but their Cust Svc takes away from their quality of plants."

"I ordered roses last mothers day for mom. I ordered 3 plants. One arrived dead, the other 2 died shortly after. Their guarantee for roses is one month!!!!! They never replaced the bush that arrived dead. NEVER ORDER FROM THEM>"

"I just received an olive tree as a gift. I went online to get more information on how to care for the plant, and upon seeing the image of the plant on the website, I realized that the plant that I received looked NOTHING like the image. My plant looked like a cutting with very few leaves compared to the photograph. I called the company and the customer service representative told me that the image online was of a plant at least 1 year old and that I should never assume that I will receive a plant that actually looks like the advertised picture. I told her that this was false or misleading advertising and that, for $70 without S&H, the customer should definitely be getting what they see. Although I was sent this a gift, I would NEVER buy anything from this company and I plan to advise my friend to do the same. "

This review was modified by Chasqui on April 03 2010 04:18:31 PM

"The bulbs I ordered did not bloom properly. One has not bloomed yet. I have been given the run around by Jackson and Perkins. The company does not stand behind their complete satisfaction is our guarantee.
You better be happy with what you get, because that is all that you will get.

Share Jackson & Perkins's store rating

Jackson & Perkins is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Jackson & Perkins is not a merchant member
Jackson & Perkins does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!