Jackson & Perkins Reviews - jacksonandperkins.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 0.75/10 10 reviews

Jackson & Perkins is not a merchant member
Jackson & Perkins does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"A few years ago I ordered from J&P and had a very good customer service and product experience. When we moved to a new home last fall, and the local nursery that carried J&P roses closed, I decided to order online. I ordered a set of small trellises, two six packs of annuals, a rose, and plant food. The trellises arrived in a reasonable amount of time. Then a few weeks went by, the anticipated "ship date" for the plants long past. I emailed and was informed they were back-ordered. I should have been notified of that when I ordered. I got no explanation about the plant food although I specifically asked in my email. Another week or so later, I asked them to cancel the rest of my order and was told that was not possible. My fertilizer and my plants, such as they were, arrived 2 days later. Coincidence? The rose was pathetically small, and even with TLC it hasn't grown much. The 6 packs were a joke, the smallest I have ever seen with spindly tiny plants. While the rest of my garden thrives and blooms, those plants are barely limping along. I wrote a review but it was never posted, nor did anyone respond to my comments. I will never buy from them again."

modified review This review was modified by truckscale on May 29 2013 03:16:24 PM

"Jackson and Perkins may sell nice products but pray you don’t have a problem. Their rose guarantee is only about a month or two and not enough time to see much growth from dormancy. I spent over $100 on 5 roses and when they arrived were just twigs as described. I followed all instructions to the t. There was no neglect here. I called today since the growing season is at its end to inform Jackson
and Perkins that 3 of my roses never bloomed or took off. The other two which were in a row with the other took off nicely. Their reply was that I had to inform them by June 30th. The roses didn’t even touch soil till mid-april and escaped dormancy around mid to end of May. certainly not enough time to bloom. Home depot and nurseries guarantee their perrenial products for a year. I called today. Within the same growing season and the call center rep was nasty and unhelpful. I will never buy from here again and will pass on the word to others. If you want something unique with a guarantee go to your local nursery. They will treat you with respect.

"Don't buy from them. They sent me a disgusting excuse for a rose that they charged me $17 for and it died in one week. I am still trying to get my refund; this is the fifth month since I first requested they honor their warranty and send me a refund. To date they have sent nothing!!"

"I am a professional landscape designer and I have been a Maryland Certified Professional Horticulturist for about 20 years. So I do have some experience in growing plants in my area, the Central part of Maryland. I am no gardening novice and my "loss rate" of the plants I have installed for my clients is less than 3% which for my industry is exceptionally low.

Years ago I purchased Jackson & Perkins (J&P) roses for my own yard and was impressed with their growth and performance in my yard so since then I have advised my clients to purchase roses from J&P. That will no longer be the case.

I moved to another home and this year decided I wanted to grow some roses so I ordered 6 plants form J&P. When they arrived I noted that they were not as robust as the plants I remembered getting years earlier. Though all 6 leaved out five of them never really looked all that vigorous and during the last two weeks of August, despite my careful watering, fertilizing, adding vitamin solutions and other "babying" efforts, two of them gave up and simply died altogether.

I just contacted J&P and they essentially told me tough luck! I should have contacted them within 90 days they said. What was I supposed to tell them, that they were not performing as robustly as the roses I purchased years earlier. They weren't dead within that 90 day period, they were just minimally performing. They could care less! Their rep said that I should have asked them for an extension, just in case. Just in case! They weren't dead yet, so I was to anticipate that they would go from performing minimally to getting worse!? Who are they kidding.

Now I will tell my clients to buy their roses from Lowes or Home Depot. At least if they die within a year they'll either get a new plant or their money back!

modified review This review was modified by tfmdinc on September 09 2010 12:37:12 PM

"Horrible Customer Service. Promised to ship on the 24th. Maybe will ship on the 28th to be received by the 30th. This is going to a 93 year old Aunt. Customer Service could not tell me anything unless I talked to a supervisor and both sup's were busy (probably with complaints). When a sup called back she didn't use the number I left. I didn't get the message until late in the evening bacause of this. I will never order from them again. J & P may have nice plants, somewhat more expensive than others but their Cust Svc takes away from their quality of plants."

"I ordered roses last mothers day for mom. I ordered 3 plants. One arrived dead, the other 2 died shortly after. Their guarantee for roses is one month!!!!! They never replaced the bush that arrived dead. NEVER ORDER FROM THEM>"

"I just received an olive tree as a gift. I went online to get more information on how to care for the plant, and upon seeing the image of the plant on the website, I realized that the plant that I received looked NOTHING like the image. My plant looked like a cutting with very few leaves compared to the photograph. I called the company and the customer service representative told me that the image online was of a plant at least 1 year old and that I should never assume that I will receive a plant that actually looks like the advertised picture. I told her that this was false or misleading advertising and that, for $70 without S&H, the customer should definitely be getting what they see. Although I was sent this a gift, I would NEVER buy anything from this company and I plan to advise my friend to do the same. "

modified review This review was modified by Chasqui on April 03 2010 04:18:31 PM

"The bulbs I ordered did not bloom properly. One has not bloomed yet. I have been given the run around by Jackson and Perkins. The company does not stand behind their complete satisfaction is our guarantee.
You better be happy with what you get, because that is all that you will get.

"It is hard to describe the mess with this company. I placed the order in January for several roses and four Clematis. The charged all the amount at the time the order was placed and shipped the roses in mid January, as promised. The Clematis were supposed to be shipped mid March, when I received two of them. After contacting customer service, I received another one. The, several emails came from them with a lot of mis-information, lies... It is six moth late and they did not ship the missing plant. I will definitely not recommend this seller. "

"Up until now, when they announced they are being privately bought,their CS has been excellent. My current order, which was charged to my card already, is now 3 weeks late and they will not give me a definite ship date. I keep getting the same email telling me my order 'will arrive shortly' yet it never does. I won't shop here again."

Rating 8/104/5

"Good selection, reasonable prices. Note however that they charge your credit card when you place your order rather than when they ship the order. Depending on the season and item, that could be as much as two weeks."