J&R Music and Computer World Reviews - jr.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 8.50/10 8,988 reviews

J&R Music and Computer World is not a merchant member
J&R Music and Computer World does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

All Customer Reviews (9,125)

"Excellent! Every time I have ordered something from J & R my experience has been terrific. Great prices and quality service. And they are not located in my state so that's an additional 8% discount because of no sales tax.

modified review This review was modified by dlgjr on February 09 2014 02:12:42 PM

"We always order from J&R because the prices are great, delivery is prompt and as promised. Good quality and variety. Way better than shopping locally."

modified review This review was modified by flanbyjan on February 09 2014 07:29:54 AM

"this shop is very interesting . "

zeta's Avatar
Arizona, US
Rating 8/104/5

"Back in 2010, I made a purchase for a Sony Laptop with rebates and it came timely with no problems. That's the only time I have made a purchase from them. I'm kinda surprised they're still alive at this age.

Recently in 2014, I noticed that they carried an ASUS laptop with a higher price than another store that I wanted to pricematch. I see their link in the front page about "Low Price Guarantee", so I call them to pricematch and they said they can't because it's below the original cost of the item. They could offer me $325 but that's still at least $50 more than the other site. I called lies on their "Low Price Guarantee".

I emailed them earlier for pricematching and since I didn't receive a reply fast enough I had to make the phone call. It took them 3 business days to reply to my email, which in my opinion it's slow. I usually expect a turn around of 1 business day.

modified review This review was modified by zeta on January 23 2014 02:57:47 PM

"I am very happy with the total process from viewing the products, ordering and the shipping. The product arrived on the date stated, packaged perfectly. Overall and excellent experience. I will use this site again and recommend to my family and friends."

modified review This review was modified by Francesj13 on January 24 2014 07:32:05 AM

"This company is fantastic. I hardly got my order placed with Amazon when I received notification of the item shipped. Great work!! I would recommend this company to everyone. Thanks for the great service. I look forward to doing more business with you in the future."

modified review This review was modified by fsu10027 on January 20 2014 07:35:09 AM

"Great deals and quick shipping! I would definitely recommend to a friend and would use them again"

modified review This review was modified by Kwas28 on January 12 2014 01:48:57 PM

"The buying process is quick and prompt. It is when you try to return an item is where they make you jump through hoops while they get to float your money. You have to call them to get an RA number. Then you have to make sure it is written on the outside of the box,etc. I feel like you are being set up for a 'gotcha' Then instead of crediting you with the same speed as the charge, they need to ....get this...'inspect'your item for 7 days?? Is there someone there whose sole function is to stare at an unopened box? Then after this joke...you will get the credit back on the card."

modified review This review was modified by jgfitzge on January 05 2014 11:41:45 AM

"The shipping process was speedy by J&R. Ups lost my package and this is after I've tracked it every day. I called ups about the delay and contacted customer service with your company and they told me the package was on the truck on the way to my place which was not true because I was told by ups they could not find my package and need to investigate. I asked customer service to contact ups per ups direction and to file a claim . The claim was filed by J&R and was told it would take 10 business day. I asked if customer services can email me the updates of my package, I never received one. I proceeded to email J&R and also did not get a reply . I called again the 8th day of the investigation and when I spoke to customer service they stated that the claim was still being process . The worse part of this whole process was when I asked if the item I had purchase could be expedited to me at no additional cost, she told me that item was out of stock!! Mind you I stated in my first conversation with the customer service department that I still wanted the item even after the claim. It had been about a month now since I initial order the product. Customer service didn't think to hold on for me since I did already pay for it and ups was going to pay them for losing my package. So this order was place on the nov 19 claim filed on the 27th, claim received dec."

modified review This review was modified by Yacar on December 13 2013 08:22:02 PM

"Great pricing and free shipping. I got the items fast and cheap and everything worked great. contacted customer service to make the order and they matched the online competitors with shipping and overall item totals. Fantastic experience!!

"J&R has a wide choice of products so I nearly always find what I am looking for. The on-line order process is easy and shipping is prompt. On my last order, I received it 2 days earlier than anticipated! I've had similar good service when I have called them with questions or unique service requests."

"The employees at J&R Music and Computer World were very helpful when I was looking for my products."

"Good product great price/"

"Everything went smooth with the purchase, until I received the box. I called before and talked to the customer service guy and what he told me was not what I received. He said that everything was on the box as if was new. But the article was missing the power supply, even though the website had it advertised and the seller assured me that it was complete.

I called JR with the complaint and the customer service rep this time a lady told me that she was sorry but since it was an open box they couldn't assure that it was complete (different from the guy on the selling side) and also said that if I want it I could just return it. Pretty disappointing and bad conflict management. She could simply offer a discount on a future purchase or sent the power supply and it will be all good.

At the end of the day, it was a great discount and the power supply costs only 20 bucks, so I could solve it with a trip to a local store. But still I feel disappointed and cheated since the seller assured me it was all there and the customer service did a sloppy job resolving the issue. that's why I cant give them 5 stars.

Update: Just received a call from JR and they did an excellent job resolving the issue, they will send a refund for the amount I spent on the power supply which is very pleasing. And also is a nice touch from them to take the time to read the review and make things right with the customer. They deserve the five stars for that. Definetly, will check JR when purchasing other equipment, very good job.

"Very helpful, easy to work with, answered all questions in a helpful manner. The product recommended was a big hit and well received and appreciated."