• J-List

Chance of future purchase: Rating 5.36/10 5.36/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 4.29/10 4.29/10
    Customer service: Rating 5.42/10 5.42/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10

"To everyone out there that keeps complaining about shipping cost and time frames you are idiots. how can you not understand that shipping from and to overseas is not only expensive (based of weight) and time consuming (if your cheap it goes on a freaking boat). Also if the item is past a certain weight i might have to be sent a special way. for instance when shipping a box under 4 pound form the US to Japan you can send it First class which is under $50 if it is over 4 pounds it has to be sent priority which jacks up the price to $80 and up each method ships differently as well. Now to go from Japan to the US it is even more expensive to ship the last package i received from my wife was a little over 5 pounds and coast over $100 to send it came 3 weeks later and that was by plane not boat. learn how the shipping process works before you complain. "

modified review This review was modified by kuzunishi on March 29 2015 11:55:05 AM

"Mostly I have been a loyal customer here. most of the time they are pretty good with all the customer service and all that if you just mail them they usually try to help you. but when it comes to pricing they are higher on certain things that are out in the market. and the shipping it is pretty high up there too. but they say they are shipping most of it from japan so its not that unreasonable. they do have lots of different things and they are pretty nice. i wish they would lower price since certain ones are way up there compared to other markets..."

"I'm not too happy with them right now. I paid 14.45 for shipping, and yet it can take 3-6 weeks for it to get here?!?! What is that!

I put in the order on January 15th, and it was shipped on 28th, and it still hasn't arrived.
The good prices are totally wiped out by the long ass waiting time.

Won't be ordering here again.

modified review This review was modified by Offing on February 18 2015 03:03:49 PM

"I bought from Jlist/Jbox after looking for snack boxes, I was already getting snack boxes from Oyatsu box but wanted to try a different site, but I didn't end up buying a snack box I decided to just buy some snacks, their prices were a little lower than some other sites I looked at so I thought why not? The site is very nice and it looks like a very professional company. I WAS VERY WRONG! It took them AT LEAST two weeks to tell me "this item is in back order" .. I always make sure my items are IN STOCK but this store obviously doesn't tell you that things are out of stock. So I waited two weeks just to have things shipped, I contacted them via support and said what the problem was and why it was taking so long, I got a very long generic robot response, I demanded to be reimbursed for these lack of service and poor customer quality. I ended up receiving a $10 and thought to myself, this must be a one off right? WRONG! I ordered again from them a week later and 4 of my 6 items were backordered.. (I did not receive this email until a WEEK after I ordered them, I made 100% sure the said in stock!

Please, avoid this site if you can.
Horrible customer service.
Horrible shipping rates and horrible shipping times.
They take WEEKS just to ship your item and you actually have no idea if things are in or out of stock.

"I just ordered a full set of Sailor Moon star power pens, 6 pens total. I looked up the price on the bandai site and then searched for the pens on ebay and Amazon first. Jlist had the best and closest prices to bandai. I was reluctant to purchase from Jlist because I had read so many bad reviews but I have to say that my experience was great. I bought the pens and purchased the cheapest possible shipping which did not include tracking. It took about a week for the pens to ship and about another week and a half before I got the pens. They were packaged safely and are in great condition. I would buy from Jlist again."

"i have used jlist 3 times now...out of the 3 times the downloads take about 2 weeks to process, shipments take at least 4 weeks give or take couple of days. if its getting EMS or from japan it doesn't take as long, but i would say i received it within about 4 weeks. and pre-orders will take more time up to 2+months...i still haven't received one of the pre-orders that was suppose to ship last month. and their points system is (for 1 point you earned it is about $.02) and (for every $.14 you spend you get 1 point)."

modified review This review was modified by dongsun_lee on December 16 2014 04:59:43 PM

"I found out recently that j-list gets a ton of negative reviews. This is shocking to me. I've been using them since 2006 and have never had a bad shipment. If something ends up not being available, they don't charge for it and take it off your order or you can have them send it when it's in stock.

I order something at least 2 or 3 times a year from them and everything is in the box and nothing is damaged. The products are pretty great as well.

modified review This review was modified by FirstMover on October 09 2014 06:27:49 PM

J-List User

"This site is extremely difficult to use. They often run out of items but do not feel it is necessary to put this information on the website. So you will be ordering an item they know they have none of but just haven't gotten around to telling you yet. Shipping is horribly expensive and goes up not down with larger orders. It takes up to two months for package to arrive and that's on top of how long it takes them to process the order, sometimes weeks, although they take your money right away. If you have a problem get ready for a fight. It can take anywhere from two or three days to never for problems to be addressed. And when they do not want to address your concerns they label your tickets as "private", as in not their problems to solve. It would be better to order anything you need from other sites or independent sellers then to give money to such a poor service."

J-List User

"Hello everyone,

I know I will likely get flamed for this, but i work for j list in the San Diego office.
i know the japan side needs improvement on their customer service and I am working with them on it. but it is slower then I would like.
make sure to use our trouble ticket system or reply to the tracking mails you get from me for orders from the USA (shirts and games) and I will do what I can to help you out.
i will also say when I have gotten items from the japan side it can be a bit frustrating. i am not here to sell anything or to change your minds, i just want you to know we are listening, and some of us are trying to make it better.

-Shane
Shipping and Warehouse Manager
USA Office

P.S. i am giving us a 3/5 we have room for improvement.
have a great day everyone.

"just dont buy from j-list

they all liar.

modified review This review was modified by s3pumj on August 12 2014 09:06:17 PM

"Wow. For a site so handsomely so put together, the service behind the scenes is shamefully below par. If you make an order, don't even expect them to bother shipping that order for the next 2 weeks.

The items are actually all overpriced compared to any other online retailer, the service is too slow to ever be considered professional or even remotely competent, they give 0 support to buyers who didn't make an account with them, and they don't actually respond to emails.

Everything they sell can be gotten from Amazon for up to 30% cheaper... plus it will be shipped that day, oftentimes from merchants already inside the States.

Do not bother with Jlist.com. It's a deplorable mess run by some lazy and greedy animals. Only giving 1 star because there is no option to give 0.

"This website is just terrible. I ordered a figma figure from them last October and didn't hear from them until late February. "it takes 4-6 weeks" I hear you cry. But that was not the problem. I was expecting a generic "you weren't home, so it's in your local post office" message. This is where shit hit the fan. They said they could not find my home address and is currently sitting in some warehouse in California until I fix my address. Well, after looking at my info and double checking, the address was/is fine and should be located (fed ex and ups find me just fine). I send them a reply stating the address is correct and the order should be sent. I did not receive a reply shortly and thought that they were on top of things. HUGE MISTAKE, instead what follows is the bane of my existence. Every single month now I receive an automated message stating I never replied to them and should contact them immediately. Yet it always states the same amount of time. So they're receiving my messages, ignore them and send me another message doing the same song and dance. I will never recommend this place to my friends and I hope no one shops there again so they don't get ripped off as bad as I did."

modified review This review was modified by UltimaClaw on May 26 2014 10:57:25 AM

"I have bought T-shirts for my son at Christmas time and I was billed twice. They keep telling me it is a Paypal issue. Paypal is telling me to contact J-List. I am not getting anywhere with J-List. I will never buy again from this supplier. First time and last time regardless how nice or original the stuff is. Never had any issue before buying online or paying through paypal. I am not a happy camper, for sure! Update: J-List came through and refunded the overcharge. It was a headache but in the end, it got resolved. Thanks Nicholas Graham from J-List!"

modified review This review was modified by suethepooh on January 10 2014 08:54:15 PM

"I ordered a magazine subscription for Animedia Magazine on October 13th 2013 for $12 and I paid $16 extra for EMS Express Shipping (3-5 days). Total is $28. I get the confirmation email with my invoice details, etc. It's now November 7th and I don't have my magazine, tracking information, or any confirmation that it's been shipped or processed. I go on the website and check to see what's going on and there is absolutely NO information whatsoever about my order.

I've contacted J-List representatives by email (because there is no customer service number..) several (and I mean SEVERAL) times, but they keep telling me that my subscription starts in November. Uhh yeah okay.

So this guy named Nicholas emails me after I demand that my November issue of Animedia be shipped and that I be given tracking information (There is one in stock on the website..or so it says). He tells me that he can get me the October issue and I clearly told him that I wanted the November one. I'd be fine with the October issue, but now that it's November I want to keep up with the new anime. Anyways, he emails back and told me that my card was declined. Why was he trying to charge me? I already paid $28 on the 13th of October. Does this money just get wasted? Basically they wanted me to pay $28 for nothing, and then another $28 for the actual magazine to be shipped. My next billing cycle is November 13th and I will NOT be renewing my subscription if this is how they work (which seems that it is based on other customer reviews).

J-List "You've got an enemy in Japan" is more like it.

modified review This review was modified by jacobjapan on November 07 2013 09:05:17 PM

"The first couple of times they were good, but on the third order they are taking forever and this time I paid extra for faster shipping - I was promised it would only take 2 weeks, it's been 3 weeks since I paid and I finally got an email saying that my order has shipped. What happened? Did it really take 3 weeks just to confirm my payment? :("

modified review This review was modified by arty107 on September 08 2013 09:02:20 PM

Share J-List's store rating

J-List is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

J-List is not a merchant member
J-List does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!