Stores > J. Crew

Chance of future purchase: Rating 9.17/10 9.17/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.33/10 8.33/10
    Customer service: Rating 5.83/10 5.83/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10

"Their online store is at the top of apparel brands and shopping experience. Always reliable"

"GREAT buying experience. Shipped product fast and free when my size wasn't found in store. Honored several discounts."

"Only store i know that the crew doesn't know how to reverse or void transactions after he mistakenly charged my account. Even blamed Chase for his mishap."

This review was modified by fuzionzell on July 17 2015 02:30:53 AM

"I ordered an XL Tall polo from J.Crew to use at work, I had it monogrammed with the company's letters so it could be a work shirt... well, it came and it turns out that J.Crew's XL Tall is thinner (by inches) and shorter (by a little) than a Brooks Brothers regular XL (and many other brands) - this is before I have even washed the J.Crew. It so thin and so short that I can't even wear it. Why is there such a difference in sizes? The only thing I can think of that happened is they mis-tagged a large as XL. But I can't even return it because I got it monogrammed."

This review was modified by bfranklin825 on April 25 2015 06:57:03 AM

MattGagnon60's Avatar

Fort Lauderdale, FL

"Normally when I online shop it takes days to get the ordered fill if they offer you free shipping. Not the case with J. Crew. Ordered it Monday, shipped within 48 hours. Haven't seen the products yet, but very happy with how fast they process the order."

"Recently I have many times of bad experience with J.crew !!

1) I have an eyeglasses returned to them, however, eyeglassess which is difficult to clear custom in US as some other documents will be needed!! J.crew never mentioned about it.

The package was returned at two weeks ago and now is still pending at DHL to wait for custom clearance. DHL said they need information from J.crew to do this, however, J.crew follow up super slow. I tried to sent so many emails to them but never have a satisfied response. They even asked me to wait for longer than a month to get back the refund!! It is totally ridiculous !!

2) for another returning order, they gave me an RMA and waybill nos. but the address on the waybill doesn't match with the one DHL's system had. Not only waste my time to go to DHL, J.crew pushed me to wait for DHL come to pick up the package. I have sent Email to J.crew to tell them I dont need DHL pickup before this, they replied they will follow, however, they never follow! Finally I need to fix out my time to wait for DHL.

3) In average, their time frame of refund is very long!! Someone even replied me that they have many returns need to handle..., it means like they are very busy and customer shouldn't bother them. I think for many people, refund need took longer than a month which is totally unacceptable!

4) When I placed an order, I always check whether they are pre-order items or not, coz I don't want to wait too long. Unfortunately, when I chased them why the item haven't shipped, they told me that the item is a PRE-ORDER item and that's why late!!! They are getting very messy now!!

5) The prices they sell are getting more expensive than before but the quality of most of their products are getting poor!

Most likely I shouldn't shop from them anymore.

This review was modified by reijae on October 27 2014 08:42:25 PM

"i bought a pair of sweatpants at the Santa Monica store. They were great and on sale, so I bought them in another color without trying them on. When I put them on at home i realized that they were completely flawed- one leg was a bigger size than the other! So I took them back expecting them to be so understanding and sorry about it. Instead, the manager, Blake, told me, rudely, that this time he'd take them back but next time all sales were final. He didn't even let me show him the problem. As this was the manager (!) I had no one else to complain to. I will be complaining to the company- but I will not be shopping there again. Outrageously bad customer service!!!! They did send me a new pair, though."

This review was modified by Emily223 on October 21 2014 11:41:42 AM

"Terrible service!!! It was a waste of time. I will never order again.

I placed order twice and it was cancelled both times without any reason. Customer service agent Linda kept telling me that my card is bad and not going through ( used 2 credit cards and paypal), which is ridiculous.

This review was modified by osciros on May 23 2014 12:30:46 PM

"I purchased a leather satchel for $300 from them. It arrived in a crushed box. The packaging looked like it had been trampled by a herd of elephants. I figured I could overlook this as long as the product, itself, was in good condition. That wasn't the case.

The product has many blatant defects. There are creases on various parts of the leather. Two corners of the bag are bent. There are various scratches on the leather. The metal parts of the bag have various scratches as well.

I bought the item in new condition. There is no excuse for a broken item to be shipped to me.

Ordinarily, I would forgive poor quality control if there is good customer service. However, J. Crew's customer service is highly disappointing. I am a loyal customer, having made 10+ purchases in just the last year. Yet, they insist that the item I received must be inspected by a specialist before they will even consider offering me a refund.

"WARNING - J.Crew discriminates against Canadian online shoppers! You used to be able to just go on the site pay what was listed on the website and put in the Canadian address for delivery. You even got to choose shipping method. If there were any taxes or customs owing it was minimal and you paid the post office. Then the created the .ca site where the pricing is still in USD but is now over 20% if not more higher for no reason. Now you have no choice but to use UPS - the most horrible shipper to Canada. J.Crew has no integrity. Given the fact that Canadians have more money to spend because our economy did not tank, does not mean that you have the right to rip us off."

San Francisco

"their designs great but size is terrible... -1 point

great return policy. u can returned an item (purchased online) to a retail store

"This was my letter of complaint. Their site sucks, I tried to order once and will NOT try again.

I wanted to order the Tillary tote from the website but was unable to do that because of a flaw in the checkout process. I tried to fix it but was unable to do so. I entered my shipping address which is my work address. Then I entered my billing information but there was NO area to put in my billing address. It automatically assumed my shipping was my billing and I could not attach an address to my card. I do NOT want to ship the item to my home address as it cannot be guaranteed the driver will not just leave the package on my doorstep.

Then I tried to click on live chat. I'm working so calling that toll free number wasn't something I was going to do or WANT to do. Hate the phone. After waiting for I forget how long, the service rep messages me but of course since I was waiting that long I forgot the window was still open. When I returned, the rep was gone. THEN when I go back to try to get on queue again the LIVE CHAT feature was off.

Seriously the experience was SO off putting. This was my first time trying to order through the website and the experience was horrible! The bag isn't worth it for this much hassle and I'll be sure to advise others when then consider ordering through the website. As a web developer - I find this REALLY unacceptable especially with amount of traffic and revenue the site I assume generates.

KLC_2006's Avatar

Flower Mound, TX

"Ordered a top on sale, looked WAY smaller online - in fact it was a medium which should have fit perfectly...it was too big and of course I could not exchange it as it was a "final sale." I could not dry and shrink it because it had bead embellishments on front :( Order process was ok, it took a litte while to receive the product but not too bad. Love J. Crew, just have better expierence in-store I would say."

"I used to love jcrew. I wish they stuck to their sizing and quality. I am tired of switching between sizes even though I am the same size for years, I am not shrinking THAT much! I am small 4/6 but some tops run so huge I need an xxsmall. It takes a few orders before you get something that fits because the sizes are so incosistent, it wastes a lot of money and time. I would like to note that I totally agree with some of the reviewers below regarding the fit and color. I ordered a few tees and they were way too narrow in the shoulder area but fit well on my body, they are also much longer than pictured, if it's below waist on model, it's going to hit below hip in reality, and I am not short, larger size is too big but shoulders are still narrow. The colors on their web are often inaccurate, ie I ordered shirt in red which looked pretty barn red, it was awful neon bright pinkish tomato red, still laying in my closet, embarrassed to wear. I recently bought a pair of boot cut corduroy jeans, according to their web I am size 2 regular, and that is true, I wore j crew size 0 and 2 last year, I did not get skinnier, well let me say, these pants looked enormous, I also did not know 5.7" considered short? I bought "regular" pants, they are 3 inches longer than they should be. J.crew is known for a general cut but these are way too big, wide, long, baggy. It doesn't matter what size I get, they do not look like pictured on model at all! They fit like men's pants, no butt, no hips, no waist, no nothing, just like I put carharts, common jcrew?? I don't need clothes marked as xs or small that would fit a larger person, then what size should I buy? What's up with vanity sizing business?? Why large sizes are marked so small? Who sees your label except of you? Large that say small on the label doesn't make anyone look slimmer in reality. I put three orders last two months, everything (pants, tops) was huge. My xsmall top (looked fitted on a model) would easily fit my large mom with a lot of extra room. Outerwear (numeric sizes) does run true to size.
edit. I bought a few tops and pants for my son, and everything was very small. He is 12 slim, and I ordered size 14, tops are way too narrow, the body length and sleeves are too short, pants are so skinny and looks like everything should fit 10 yo. It's opposite with the children's clothes, no generous cut here anymore, everything is skimpy. In addition to that two tops had holes in them. The quality has gone down comparing to the previous years. I purchased a couple of favorite fit t-shirts for myself, while they were true to size this time, the fabric is different, they stretch out a lot, wrinkle like crazy, and look cheap, something I would expect to get from walmart for less $$$.

This review was modified by thepretty on March 13 2013 12:25:27 AM

"I ordered a few items which were shipped for free with the use of a promotion code. J.Crew processed my order about a day later, and an e-mail was sent informing me that it would be shipped via UPS Ground. The tracking number they provided showed that my order had actually been shipped via UPS 2nd Day Air, though. I received the package 2 business days later.

One of the items I had ordered was waitlisted, which I knew at the time of my order because the website clearly stated it. However, I checked the website again after I received the other items in my order and found that the expected ship date had been pushed back by almost 4 weeks. I was a bit disappointed that I wasn't notified.

I ended up canceling the waitlisted item, though. The other tees that I ordered in my usual size fit very well in the body, but they were much too small in the shoulder area. I had actually anticipated this while I was ordering and had ordered the same styles in a size larger. However, they were also too small in the shoulder area, and they were a bit looser in the body.

I called their Customer Service to cancel the waitlisted item. The Customer Service rep I spoke to was polite and canceled it right away. She also looked up the shoulder widths of the tees I had ordered, and I was surprised to find out that the widths are much smaller than average.

I will be returning the tees to a retail store. It's more convenient for me this way since I live fairly close to the nearest store. Also, J.Crew deducts the cost of return shipping from the amount refunded.

In the end, I'm disappointed that the tees didn't fit as well as I hoped they would. However, I didn't have any problems placing my order or canceling an item in my order, and their Customer Service was helpful. They processed my order quickly, and shipping was fast. I would consider ordering from J.Crew again in the future.

This review was modified by linnie on December 26 2008 03:18:36 PM

Share J. Crew's store rating

J. Crew is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

J. Crew is not a merchant member
J. Crew does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!