• Rating 6.00/10 10 reviews

J. Crew is not a merchant member
    J. Crew does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!
  • J. Crew contact information

Rating 8/104/5

"They have a great return policy. I ordered 2 pairs of the same shoes for my friends wedding. I am wearing 6.5 or 7 depending on the shape of the shoes. So I ordered one pair 6.5 and the other 7. The 6.5 one would fit me but unfortunately they send it in a different color although I ordered both in black. So I contacted them and told my problem and asked if they could send me the right one as soon as possible because the wedding was in 3 days. They told me that they are not sure if they could make it in two days but I can go to any of the j crew shops and change it by myself. I would go to the shop in the first place if I wanted that but still, I think it is a great opportunity to be able to change the items that you bought online from any of their retail stores."

San Francisco

"their designs great but size is terrible... -1 point

great return policy. u can returned an item (purchased online) to a retail store

KLee_Texas's Avatar
Flower Mound, TX
Rating 6/103/5

"Ordered a top on sale, looked WAY smaller online - in fact it was a medium which should have fit perfectly...it was too big and of course I could not exchange it as it was a "final sale." I could not dry and shrink it because it had bead embellishments on front :( Order process was ok, it took a litte while to receive the product but not too bad. Love J. Crew, just have better expierence in-store I would say."

Rating 4/102/5

"I used to love jcrew. I wish they stuck to their sizing and quality. I am tired of switching between sizes even though I am the same size for years, I am not shrinking THAT much! I am small 4/6 but some tops run so huge I need an xxsmall. It takes a few orders before you get something that fits because the sizes are so incosistent, it wastes a lot of money and time. I would like to note that I totally agree with some of the reviewers below regarding the fit and color. I ordered a few tees and they were way too narrow in the shoulder area but fit well on my body, they are also much longer than pictured, if it's below waist on model, it's going to hit below hip in reality, and I am not short, larger size is too big but shoulders are still narrow. The colors on their web are often inaccurate, ie I ordered shirt in red which looked pretty barn red, it was awful neon bright pinkish tomato red, still laying in my closet, embarrassed to wear. I recently bought a pair of boot cut corduroy jeans, according to their web I am size 2 regular, and that is true, I wore j crew size 0 and 2 last year, I did not get skinnier, well let me say, these pants looked enormous, I also did not know 5.7" considered short? I bought "regular" pants, they are 3 inches longer than they should be. J.crew is known for a general cut but these are way too big, wide, long, baggy. It doesn't matter what size I get, they do not look like pictured on model at all! They fit like men's pants, no butt, no hips, no waist, no nothing, just like I put carharts, common jcrew?? I don't need clothes marked as xs or small that would fit a larger person, then what size should I buy? What's up with vanity sizing business?? Why large sizes are marked so small? Who sees your label except of you? Large that say small on the label doesn't make anyone look slimmer in reality. I put three orders last two months, everything (pants, tops) was huge. My xsmall top (looked fitted on a model) would easily fit my large mom with a lot of extra room. Outerwear (numeric sizes) does run true to size.
edit. I bought a few tops and pants for my son, and everything was very small. He is 12 slim, and I ordered size 14, tops are way too narrow, the body length and sleeves are too short, pants are so skinny and looks like everything should fit 10 yo. It's opposite with the children's clothes, no generous cut here anymore, everything is skimpy. In addition to that two tops had holes in them. The quality has gone down comparing to the previous years. I purchased a couple of favorite fit t-shirts for myself, while they were true to size this time, the fabric is different, they stretch out a lot, wrinkle like crazy, and look cheap, something I would expect to get from walmart for less $$$.

modified review This review was modified by thepretty on March 13 2013 12:25:27 AM
Rating 8/104/5

"I ordered a few items which were shipped for free with the use of a promotion code. J.Crew processed my order about a day later, and an e-mail was sent informing me that it would be shipped via UPS Ground. The tracking number they provided showed that my order had actually been shipped via UPS 2nd Day Air, though. I received the package 2 business days later.

One of the items I had ordered was waitlisted, which I knew at the time of my order because the website clearly stated it. However, I checked the website again after I received the other items in my order and found that the expected ship date had been pushed back by almost 4 weeks. I was a bit disappointed that I wasn't notified.

I ended up canceling the waitlisted item, though. The other tees that I ordered in my usual size fit very well in the body, but they were much too small in the shoulder area. I had actually anticipated this while I was ordering and had ordered the same styles in a size larger. However, they were also too small in the shoulder area, and they were a bit looser in the body.

I called their Customer Service to cancel the waitlisted item. The Customer Service rep I spoke to was polite and canceled it right away. She also looked up the shoulder widths of the tees I had ordered, and I was surprised to find out that the widths are much smaller than average.

I will be returning the tees to a retail store. It's more convenient for me this way since I live fairly close to the nearest store. Also, J.Crew deducts the cost of return shipping from the amount refunded.

In the end, I'm disappointed that the tees didn't fit as well as I hoped they would. However, I didn't have any problems placing my order or canceling an item in my order, and their Customer Service was helpful. They processed my order quickly, and shipping was fast. I would consider ordering from J.Crew again in the future.

modified review This review was modified by linnie on December 26 2008 03:18:36 PM

"They can't keep track of their inventory and have no idea what good customer service is.

I order two polos on sale. I get an email two full days later telling me that they're out of one of them. The following day I reply and ask them to just go ahead and cancel the entire order.

They refuse. "Once an order has been submitted changes cannot be made."

I complain and get another reply saying I could just return the order. This was a lie because the receipt clearly says "This item is final sale and cannot be returned or exchanged."

The email also suggested next time I want to change an order I should contact them as soon as possible. Ironic since JCrew took two days to figure out what's actually in stock.

1. They can cancel any part of your order and you can't do anything about it.
2. Don't trust what the website tells about what's in stock.
3. They are not going to go out of their way to help you.

"I ordered a pair of summer flip-flops on July 8. The estimated time of delivery was 4-7 business days. As of today, July 18, there has not been an update to the status of this order since July 8. I contacted customer service via email and received a reply saying that the order is schedule to ship in 4-7 business days, but if we had not received it by the 10th business day, let them know. Now 3 days later, no movement. I tried to call the 800 number to check with a live person, but the estimated wait was 25 minutes. I have sent another email to customer service and am waiting for a response. If this is the service I get fro J Crew, I won't be ordering again. "

"Last year I bought a couple J Crew sweaters and loved them so much that I waited this year to buy a few more and see what new colors they offered.

They had a large sale in November around the holidays so I decided to jump on it and I ended up purchasing 4 sweaters. (in hindsight I wish I waited until december because they had an even bigger sale). Now I know for next year.

The website is nicely laid out, however, in my opinion the colors on the website inaccurately represent the colors of the actual items. Many were dark on the website and upon visiting the store found out they looked much better in person. They need to brighten the photos up or adjust the levels on them.

That aside the transaction went smoothly. I ordered my 4 sweaters and they were processed promptly.

They arrived a few days later very nicely packaged just like you would buy them at the store with the paper wrap and the nice sticker on the wrapping. Great product and will continue to shop with J. Crew.

"JCrew is my safety net when trying to find a great gift for my wife. I have made many orders with them and have not been disappointed with a single part of any of them. I have no experience with their customer service so can't comment on that. As almost everyone knows by now JCrew is known for their quality products. By quality, I mean, more than just well-made clothing -- I mean, fashionable, tasteful, current, some times even trend-setting, and of course well-made. My wife absolutely loves their stuff. She can pick up some of the newest and hottest items and/or take a dig around the sale items and always walk away happy every time. As for billing and shipping, I'd say that they're right at, if not just above average for competitive etailers. No complaints there."

"Awesome company. They went out of their way for me when i needed a suit immediatly!"