Stores > J.C. Whitney

• Address: 111 E. Wacker DriveSuite 3000Chicago, IL
    • Contact: customerservice@whitneyag.com
    • Phone: 312-431-6000
    • Customer Support: 1-800-469-3894
    • Business Hours: •To Place an Order: 6:00am -12:00pm Sun-Sat•Customer Service: 8am - 8pm Mon-Fri and 9am – 2pm Sat.
    • Fax: 312-431-6199

• checkmark icon COD

Product & services pricing Rating 7.70/10 7.70/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 7.42/10 7.42/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 7.46/10 7.46/10
    Customer service: Rating 6.50/10 6.50/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 5.88/10 5.88/10
Voice your opinion! Review J.C. Whitney by clicking a star below.

DFA

"Ledi Ayala? is was great
Haven't received refund yet!
So far so good!

This review was modified by VioletStoat on March 29 2017 07:45:02 PM

Bad experience

"Ordered brakes & rotors for my 2000 F150 7700 truck on 3/13/17 . Didn't hear anything until 3/20/17 which I was informed that they were out of stock & for me to call in to see if they had a replacement which I did on 3/20/17 & they found what I needed out of an outsource store.. But parts would be over $80.00 more! I responded back saying that was an Inconvenience & they needed to drop the price, but it would still be $40.00 more.. which I said ok, because my truck was on the rack at the garage waiting on parts & I was being charged because mechanic could make any money with truck on rack... It is now 3/27/17 & GUESS WHAT? The part is out of stock again & I'm now scrambling to find the parts for my truck... Thanks but No Thanks for this Issue.... Over 2 weeks & my Truck still isn't fixed..... I will not order anything else again from JC whitney.. Ira Roland"

This review was modified by CoolGreyBarnacle-88784 on March 29 2017 04:00:02 PM

2017-03-27

still waiting for catalog to come

"Catalog never arrived. Still waiting. "

This review was modified by MountbattenPinkBuzzard on March 29 2017 02:15:02 PM

2017-03-27

"The item I bought didn't fit my car like it said it would in the description. I still have the same problem I was trying to solve and since it an adhesive backing it was stuck in place and I could not return it. I am not happy at all and I can not even get my money back since I can not return the product. I will not shop at JC Whitney again."

This review was modified by MikadoYellowCarp on March 29 2017 12:15:01 PM

2017-03-27

centerforce clutch and pressure plate

"good experience. helpful associate. fast shipping"

This review was modified by BrilliantLavenderReindeer-9726 on March 29 2017 07:00:10 AM

Customer Service Nightmare

"I was referred to J. C. Whitney by a manufacturer that they distribute for. Initially I thought this was a good thing, especially since their website touted the fact that they had been in business for many years. I will admit that the price they offered on the dash kit I was looking for was a good price and the discount they offered on their website only helped to further appeal to me along with the fact that they claimed the item would ship within 3-5 days. I went ahead and ordered the dash kit and immediately after I began to feel like I had lost control of the situation. When I got the "order confirmation" it was sent to the wrong email address and my name was missing from the "ship to" address. I called them about this and they told me not to worry about it, the order was still showing up under my name in their system. Ten days later I still hadn't received a tracking number or even an update on the order. When I called to find out what was going on, which i did several times over the course of a few days, the reps kept putting me on hold for long periods of time only to come back and inform me that they didn't know the status of my order, didn't have tracking info or asked me about specific details of the vehicle I was ordering for. Seeing as I filled in the info in order to place the order ,it was extremely aggravating to me to be asked things like "what model of vehicle is the kit for?" and "what is the part number?" when this item should have been shipped out days before and yet here they are asking for the vehicle model and asking me for a part number that is provided by their website. The customer service reps were frustrating, unhelpful and downright irresponsible, they kept insisting that they had to call the manufacturer as if the fault was with the manufacturer but clearly they were just making excuses because every time I called they gave me the same story and provided no update from the manufacturer, even after I told them I would call back in an hour and they tried to tell me they couldn't reach the manufacturer that quickly. All in all, I placed my order on the 1st and it wasn't delivered to my U.S. address until the 18th which meant that I was unable to receive it until the 23rd. This experience has turned me off from J. C. Whitney and I doubt I would use them in the future; their pricing and discounts were good but the poor customer service and failure to meet promised shipping dates and failing to notify me was more than I could bare. I'd rather pay more and get what I was promised than to pay less and get dragged through the wringer."

This review was modified by BahamaAutoMama on March 29 2017 06:30:01 AM

Good Job

"Fast shipping good product"

This review was modified by PaleVioletRedPartridge-84511 on March 29 2017 02:45:02 AM

Excellent Company!

"I have been purchasing from the most excellent J.C. Whitney Company since 1960...yes, I am an octogenarian! They are on time, merchandise as described, excellent service as usual!"

This review was modified by OldOwl on March 28 2017 08:30:01 PM

Able to see

"Bought new headlights for my daughters car. Parts arrived promptly and were a perfect fit ."

This review was modified by MountainMeadowDamselfly on March 28 2017 07:45:02 PM

2017-03-26

Sold Out of Stock Items!!

"Sold me out of stock items. Then shipped only a part of the order without contacting me about the entire order. IF THE ITEMS ARE NOT IN STOCK, DONT LET THE CUSTOMER COMPLETE THE CHECK OUT! "

This review was modified by ClassicRosePlatypus on March 28 2017 07:00:09 PM

Perfect fit

"Ordered for 2007 Lexus RX350. Fit correctly, cost was good and was received on time. Great experience overall"

This review was modified by LightFuchsiaPinkPuffin on March 28 2017 06:45:02 PM

no part

"I ordered the car top that I needed to be call days later to be told they do not carry that and that my money would be refunded 10-15 days. Why have the part on there that you do not have. Why take the money if you do not have the part....."

This review was modified by DeepSaffronDormouse on March 28 2017 04:45:02 PM

Power lifts

"Needed new power lifts on rear door on Ford Edge. Local Ford dealer wanted $370 for the parts. JC wanted $40+. Shipping was fast. Items fit properly. "

This review was modified by TanSquid on March 28 2017 02:15:02 PM

Great product & Service

"Prompt, fair price, good service."

This review was modified by DarkTurquoiseTrout on March 28 2017 01:30:01 PM

Great!

"Fit perfectly, installed in my 95 accord in less than a minute."

This review was modified by AureolinRabbit on March 28 2017 01:15:01 PM

Share J.C. Whitney's store rating

J.C. Whitney is a Merchant Member! Learn more

J.C. Whitney is a merchant member
J.C. Whitney participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 3,426 merchant members.