Stores > JKM Ribbon and Trim

• JKM Ribbon and

Product & services pricing Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10

"Oddly enough, Carmela Fusco, President of JKM Ribbon and Trim, seems to think her company is above reproach and that all this silliness about bad service is the fault of her customers and a money hungry Better Business Bureau.

I was supposed to receive a critical shipment yesterday. I had even spoken to customer service (Dom) to ensure that I would have it by 10/28 because my production could not move forward without it. I was assured by him, "We will deliver by 10/28." So I didn't cancel the order as intended. Subsequently, I alerted my manufacturer that I would have everything ready for production by 10/28 and would drop it off on 10/30. I'm a small business owner so every penny and every delay is impactful.

On 10/28 no package arrived by 4pm CST. I went on the JKM website and saw that my order was being processed - not a good sign. So I emailed customer service stating that the package had not arrived and requested a tracking number. At 4:37 CST I received an email stating that the package had shipped that morning followed by a tracking number. While reading this I received an email from USPS stating that the package had been picked up. That email was stamped 4:28pm CST.

So I sent an email stating the obvious, asking when the package was supposed to arrive because I could not yet tell in USPS (it was that new), and asking if they had overnighted it because I needed it FOR Friday. This morning at 10am I received an email saying it would be delivered Friday. Production is delayed.

Realizing that I might need to do some due diligence I looked on the web and immediately found numerous complaints about the company. The BBB of New Jersey has an 'F' rating for them. The NJ.com site has a one star rating for them. The ResellerRatings.com has a one star rating for them.

Granted, I understand that JKM has a unique model to keep prices low. I also understand that "stuff" happens. I'm even impressed that the president of JKM herself took time to teach me about how BBB works, the fact that 2012 had a slow economy with more delivery issues, and the reality of their stats - though I'm thinking those were a little skewed. And had my package gone out on time and been delayed due to USPS I'd chill. Or had their been a natural disaster that prevented my package from going out, I could have understood too. I miss deadlines because life happens. But to disregard my concern, half-ass apologize and then blame everything on me not understanding ratings is just down right ridiculous.

A few of choice lines from Ms. Fusco's email:

"Our production department thought it had to be shipped on 10/28 and in fact did ship on this date. If we were confused on the ship vs delivery date then we apologize for the error." - This took me three emails to get and was followed by a lesson in the evils of rating systems and the BBB.

"Regarding the BBB, we do not support this organization because they require $ to give good ratings." - So I guess the "378 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 55 closed in last 12 months" that the BBB posts on their site is just a lot of bad apples out their trying to bring JKM down.

"For example, if you look up JKM, you will find that in the last year our complaints are less than 1.5% of our total transactions which is a 67% decrease from the previous years when the economy was soft and our suppliers continued to change production dates." - I don't know about you but closing 55 complaints out of 378 just in the last 3 years doesn't sound like a good track record. And the email I got sounded strangely similar to the excuse they gave the BBB in 2012.

AND THE KICKER WAS...."Most of our customers understand back orders and delays in our business. Although the BBB complaints represent a very small number of the order transactions (55 over the last 12 months is less than 1.5%), we take them seriously and respond to each one. More important than numbers is the fact that over 99% of the complaints were resolved satisfactorily." - I would have understood for the above-stated reasons. But I was assured that I would receive it by 10/28. I did not. And now Carmela blames everyone but JKM. Oddly enough, she states that 55 complaints is 1.5% of their business. But that is only the number of complaints that were resolved last year. A YELP reviewer as of today states that they have an outstanding issue from 2012. So which is it?

Again, I realize that issues arise but when 270 of 378 issues are delivery issues - you might want to make sure that the ones that are solvable are addressed and not just swept under the rug. Her words say it all, "If we were confused on the ship vs delivery date then we apologize for the error." She still doesn't own it. How about the fact that Dom assured me that I would have it on 10/28 and now I will have to wait to be put back into the production schedule.

Lesson learned - beware and do not trust them to stand by their promises.

Update: Order didn't show up until late Saturday.

"This company is the WORST. Just THE. WORST. I ordered trim from them in June and needed it by a deadline. Their "fine print" was nowhere to be found on the checkout page, but it turns out that they sell items based on what is in stock and if it is not in stock it does NOT say "out of stock"or "backorder" They simply just backorder your item and send it after they have enough requests for that item to order more stock from China. Could be one month or one year. When you request a cancellation, they will only give you store credit. They stole $55.88 from me. I paid shipping on an order never received. I have been in correspondence since 6/2015 about a refund. I threw a fit about not wanting their stupid merchandise and wanting my money back. They promised a refund but were having "technical problems" and a "storm blew out the power," etc, etc, etc. My most recent correspondence was 9/1/2015, requesting more info about a refund. "Customer Service" responded that they were having other "problems" and would have the refund within 7 business days. Six weeks have passed. I am the owner of a very small business and the amount of money they stole from me makes a big difference in the balance of my books. Do not do business with JKM Ribbon and Trim. They are thieves!"

"I too, wish I would have done my research on this fraudulent company before placing an online order. Stay away and buy from someone else! Crooks...."

This review was modified by dissatisfiedcustomer25 on August 11 2015 11:21:55 AM

"I wish I had read all these reviews before I had placed an order with this company back in July 2013. I never received the order, like many others, and have followed up with them regularly since then. Finally, when they couldn't supply the replacement ribbon they guaranteed they would by the date they stated, they offered to refund my money because I told them store credit would not work for products I cannot get from them. They offered a pay plan over a four month period, with payments to be May through August of 2015. I've yet to see a penny; all I get are excuses that they having web site problems or a rain storm has damaged their computers and files. Never seen a company hit with so much bad luck. As others have said...DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY! They are dishonest and will just steal your money."

"I ordered product November 2, 2012. Still have not received it. I used to get the occasional email thanking me for my patience. Now they just ignore me unless I email them. My last email was December 2014. They told me that they would send what they could. Apparently that meant they have nothing as that is what they have sent. This is not a business. They are just thieves. "

"I have never dealt with a company so untruthful. I placed my order in june 2014 and now its jan 2015 and I still dont have my order. My responses from the company is "WE are not placing a order for that ITEM until we have so many orders" the didnt say that when i placed my order and es.t shipping for that item was 2-3 wks. They asked me did I want a refund but I had already invested money into my project using their product . I have contacted them multiple times but they keep saying they havent made their order. HORRIBLE!!!!! "

This review was modified by gingerbreadz on January 13 2015 03:38:24 PM

"I wish I had seen this site before I placed my orders.
I place two orders in Sept, 2014, and one order in November 2014.

Their website says that they ship in 2 to 3 weeks.

It's now been 4 months since my first order was placed, and it STILL hasn't been shipped. They company doesn't have a phone number, and they just keep giving excuses through emails.

I order thousands of yards of ribbon every year from many suppliers (for weddings), and I will never, never order from this company again!

"Worst company I've ever dealt with. What a mistake. They charged my credit card in September. I haven't received the order! Now, in December, I can't get them to refund the money they've had for 4 months. "

This review was modified by c.alley on December 30 2014 12:21:21 PM

"RIPOFF ARTIST----SCAM SCAM SCAM! DO NOT ORDER FROM THESE CROOKS! They have figured out how to take peoples money and supply no product ever. They could not supply my product and would only issue a store credit which was worthless when I attempted to use it and they will not respond to emails and do not answer phones. "

"This is the WORST place ever for service. Their store should be closed!!! More than 18 months ago, I order a substantial amount of ribbons, they never came. JKM Ribbons and Trim kept on postponing the date for delivery and the ribbons never arrived. I have contacted them MANY times, and found out that they DO NOT refund your money!!! and now they do not respond to my emails. They are a disgrace as an internet-stores"

This review was modified by mlvlg on August 04 2014 09:03:41 AM

"I used to order from them for custom printed ribbons, but not sure who has taken over the company. Either they are sending to China for cheap version or they are cutting corners. It took me 3 months and multiple e-mail complaints to get my order and it arrived today and is NOT the same high quality of our past ribbons, so cheaply printed and not the correct script size. They even warn not to handle the ribbon too much because the print will flake off! It is laughable and I'm out over $150. for 5 rolls of crap!
DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!! They have to be kidding terrible service and 0 quality!

This review was modified by flowerfairy on July 19 2014 10:26:34 AM

"DO NOT PAY a single $ to them.

A lot of excuses, never delivery what I paid for.

I lost business and time trying to believe the never ending backlog story they have created every four weeks since March

Filed a complaint through BBB and asked JKM to give me my money back.

Do not order from JKM Ribbons and Trim. I believe they are a fraud ...

This review was modified by mirleta on June 10 2014 12:24:37 PM

This review was modified by ftimpone on February 20 2014 11:52:19 AM

"This place is a scam!! I ordered ribbon with them for my wedding. Finally after sending e-mails after e-mails they responded that my order would not ship until after my wedding. After numerous e-mails, again, they agreed to issue a refund. It is now December 3 1/2 months after the said I would get a refund and I still do not have it. I have been given every excuse in the book!! If you cannot ever speak to a real person, then that should of been my first clue! Please do not waste your time & money,"

This review was modified by ChristieMays on December 27 2013 03:24:07 PM

Share JKM Ribbon and Trim's store rating

JKM Ribbon and Trim is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

JKM Ribbon and Trim is not a merchant member
JKM Ribbon and Trim does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!