Stores > JJ Games

Customer service: Rating 2.14/10 2.14/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.00/10 2.00/10

2016-04-20

ITS A SCAM!!!!!!

"DO NOT BUY FROM JJ GAMES!! I ordered a game from them and a month later I still have not received my purchase! They did not provide tracking and every time I have tried to contact them all they say is they have no way to track it so they cannot do anything about it. I finally just said I wanted a refund and now they will not respond back to me and I have not gotten my money back. I just want to warn anyone who is thinking about buying from them. It is not worth the hassle you will just be throwing your money away. "

This review was modified by alwally on April 20 2016 02:10:50 PM

2016-04-14

DO NOT TRUST

"I bought four games from them, one arrived a month late, one arrived with a broken box, the last one was just never sent to me. And for areason I don't understand, I won't get a refund. "

This review was modified by zdrek on April 14 2016 07:09:39 AM

2016-03-27

Best prices and great selection!

"I've been ordering games from jjgames for the past 2 years and everytime I know exactly what I'm getting. Their selection on the site is accurate and I like how you can select which type of game you want (great condition, scratched label, no box, sleeve only, etc.). They always have the lowest prices for retro games. The games always arrive a few days earlier than expected (and I'm in Canada!!). If they don't have an item in stock and you click to "notify me when stocked", they normally get the game in stock within a week. Fantastic site! "

This review was modified by Bethydean on March 29 2016 09:50:38 AM

2016-02-11

Live and Learn

"If I could give this company less than one star then I certainly would. First, I was less than impressed with the shipping time however it did fall into the time period that was stated therefore I honestly can't hold it against them. The issue which is a huge issue in my opinion was this: the game arrived cracked. It didn't even come in a case but instead a paper sleeve. My son put it in his system and low and behold it did not work. It would spin and occasionally the system would say it didn't recognize it. He was devastated. He spent his own money on the game and waited over a week for it. I sent an email to their customer service department the same day it arrived. I attached pics of the disc. I was sent an email that stated the company was sorry and I could return my order or any part of my order by using a link. It was obvious this was a copied and pasted response. I ordered one item therefore I could not return "part" of it unless I decided to return half of the disc which considering the sizeable crack I suppose it would've been possible. I checked out the link to find some instructions about breathing on the disc and cleaning it with a cloth. Yes, that would certainly fix said crack right up. I was instructed to print out the label and send it back. If they found the disc to be faulty then I would receive my money in 2-3 weeks. I plan on abiding by this absurd policy (I'll send it back in a PADDED envelope) however I did send another email with the a video of the severity of the crack. I received no response. I'm not surprised. I couldn't get an original response the first go round. I have several concerns. 1. I will send the game back and be told it was never received. No worries. I'll be sure to have a signature required. 2. I will not receive a refund. 3. They will have the nerve to say the game is not broken. That's okay. I have proof. 4. I will get only a partial refund. 5. (The biggest concern) These people will have the audacity to send this game to another child. Come on, the odds are a Spiderman game is for a child. At first I thought it was possibly damaged in shipping due to its lack of protection but upon further investigation I noticed the crack appears to have a film over it. Is it possible they tried to fix the crack? I can't say for sure however in the end, the game was a total waste of my child's money. My mother had it right when I was child. Kids should play outside more and video games less. Live and learn. Buyer beware."

This review was modified by JenniferRose on February 11 2016 04:59:10 PM

2016-01-14

Great company!!!!!

"I think tthis company is awesome!!!!! They have great prices and free shipping! My merchandise was in great shape and everything worked! I will order from them again."

This review was modified by amom32 on January 14 2016 05:50:54 AM

2016-01-02

"I haven't received this order or shipping confirmation for it to track it buts was told it was shipped and originally ordered this on 12/17/15 this is extremely frustrating dealing with your company please respond ASAP with some kind of explanation of what the new difficulty could be.

Order #671641

SHIPPING $0.00
TOTAL $0.00

This review was modified by Alston1000 on January 02 2016 10:46:07 AM

2015-12-16

"I bought Dragon age Origins ultimate edition and was advertised as ultimate edition only received disc 1..I got ripped off no DLC and there is no one to talk to on the phone no one returns your call. I sent the game back 3 weeks ago checked the tracking number,,they have it and never refunded my money"

This review was modified by zerd695 on January 18 2016 12:48:43 PM

2015-12-15

"I ordered a game disc as a gift. It arrived so scratched and damaged that it was totally unreadable. Tried two different Xboxes to be sure. I have had a constant hassle trying to get a replacement. The web site returns page is not working, but they refuse to issue a replacement unless I go through their web site return procedure, print out a return label and return the defective disc. I think the guy who runs it is running a scam. I am still fighting with him over this issue. If I ever get any satisfaction, I will update this, but I am not hopeful. I think he makes a lot of money by ripping people off. BEWARE of this seller. The free shipping is an enticement to buy, but next time I will buy through Amazon where I can be assured of satisfaction. "

This review was modified by sewcial on December 15 2015 03:54:05 AM

2015-09-29

"What a wonderful company. First I brought the Kinnect game, Adventures, for $2, free shipping! It game within days, in excellent condition. Then, I ordered an Xbox 360 with Kinnect for $140, with a $15 credit from my game order- how nice! It also game quickly, missing the power supply. I emailed, received an apology within less than 2 hours, and a notice that the power supply was on the way. Wow!"

This review was modified by LYRIC9812 on September 29 2015 10:29:53 PM

2015-09-11

"Ordered a 360 game and it cane deeply scratched. So scratched the xbox wontweven recognize it. Wonder why they sell things that they don't even check? Returning it and will update with return experience later."

This review was modified by stephaniegarcia on September 11 2015 03:28:19 PM

2015-08-25

"Make sure to play your games fast. They sent me a defective disc and I did not start playing the game for about 6 weeks. Now they say it's too late. I never asked for a refund, just a working disc and their replied was to order and pay for another disc."

This review was modified by mjdurand150 on August 25 2015 01:41:41 PM

2015-07-27

"What a scam!!!! Purchased items from me, asks for a refund because it's not as described and eBay refunds no questions asked and fails to send all items. Keeps expensive items and gets full refund.
***Follow up*** after speaking with an Ebay appeals customer service supervisor and showing him this site, as well as several others, and the seller's feedback on ebay as well as BBB files (I'm in the legal field so had a vast file of this company while researching), they refunded me my $$ for items not received and will be looking into this company doing business on Ebay. JJGames then promptly contacted me after Ebay reversed the decision and was nice as pie...insane you have to get all worked up and get higher officials involved over games/consoles but fraud and scamming is still theft of some sort.

This review was modified by Ricknjamie on July 28 2015 12:17:52 PM

2015-07-24

"I ordered a used controller that turned out to be defective. I have to go though all the trouble of sending it back. I won't be buying from them again. and the shipping was very slow. I am assuing the ratings they have on there website are not real or fake. there was not that many you live and learn "

2015-07-17

"From what I have heard, I would like to meet JJ himself, and thank him with a nice sock on the nose. But I have one question, should I trust the website for buying 4 games for my PS1 worth $16.45 total?"

This review was modified by CuriousGuyBob on July 17 2015 01:33:59 PM

2015-06-23

"Here is a summary of my experience from the start. Please read it, it will save you a lot of hassle and money.

This is THE WORST place I have even done business with in my life.

There were two reasons I ordered from JJ Games.
#1. Best prices and
#2 Free shipping on all orders inside the USA.

After selecting my games I went to my cart. Upon checkout I triple checked that I had selected free shipping. which I had. When I received my order I checked the receipt inside the box and it had a $20.90 charge for shipping. The extra charge prompted me to write JJ Games stating they had charged for shipping when I had selected the free option. After much back and forth (along with two exact copies of the emails, one of the receipt and one shipping) the issue was taken to JJ himself (supposedly) who said I had selected expedited shipping.

If what he said is really true, how come my PAYMENT CONFIRMATION email states Shipping $0.00 and my SHIPPING CONFIRMATION email has a $20 charge for shipping? Even though the SHIPPING CONFIRMATION email was sent A FULL DAY AFTER the PAYMENT CONFIRMATION email. I made this point to them in my email and they simply said I must have accidently hit expedited shipping. If this was the case, why wouldn't BOTH email summaries state the $20.90 charge for shipping? I also made this point to which they did not answer.

Besides that, they did their absolute minimum to help. They simply said "If you are not happy with your order you may return any part or the whole order for a full refund." So I returned the whole order for a full refund. I received an email April 30, 2015 stating my return had been received. It is now June 23, 2015 and I have yet to see a penny returned. I have decided to send my complaint to the Arapahoe County District Attorney George H. Brauchler. Which seems like overkill but one internet search turns up page after page of instances like mine. It is theft to keep the $169.20 for the games that I returned and was promised a full refund.

JJ Games is a scam wrapped up in a Ponzi Scheme for the digital age;good looking and easy to navigate website, best prices and advertised free shipping.

But in reality JJ Games is a great looking and easy to navigate website with games that are in deplorable and non-working condition with a website that has rigged software, incredibly unhelpful yet friendly customer service and they keep your money on returns after promising FULL refunds.

They did pay for the return shipping which was nice. Although it would be even nicer if they refunded me for my return like they promised!!! I am only putting a star in the ratings system because I have to. Otherwise I would put negative stars if I could.

To give you an idea of what a poor condition the games were in, I ordered 12 games and only 4 worked properly.

NEVER AGAIN will I buy from JJ Games!

This review was modified by GeoffreyTheSeahorse on June 23 2015 05:04:27 PM

Share JJ Games's store rating

JJ Games is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

JJ Games is not a merchant member
JJ Games does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!