Stores > JCPenney

• JCPenney

Product & services pricing Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10

2016-11-30

Desperate for sales they force your cart through

"Sat the 26th at about 8 pm I was reviewing your application on my i-phone, and I was placing some items in a cart for my daughter for Christmas. My husband and I were to go over the list and narrow it down. I told him I had it all ready for review and we went to my Mac in the family room. When I pulled up your site and signed it my basket was empty! I was so confused, however, thought that maybe it was because one was an ap and the other was computer. Then after less than 5 minutes I received an email stating I had placed an order! I was so mad I placed a Twitter rant. I representative told me to Private message them and they could assist. I sent them all the information to only be told no one would help without tracking.

I was shocked I never entered any information like shipping or payment and I never consented. I immediately called your (UN)customer service team. I was placed on hold for only a short time during this call, but I was told they could not help me…They stated that I must have pushed the order through. I was very upset and asked them to please call and cancel the order if they could not reroute to its proper location (My daughters house). Heck I even told them I was even willing to take the whole order (as I was only going to be getting a small piece of it). They told me NO stated I must wait for a tracking number to be assigned and then they would assist me!

Monday 8AM or so a shipping notice was emailed to me so I called again. I was on hold 11 minutes before a woman told me again she could not help. This time she gave me a ticket number #T2020****, took the route information and told me she would forward it to senior management to correct the issue. She also told me someone would call me.

Monday 9:15 PM I received tracking information from my UPS account stating a package was being delivered to my house today from close of business. I looked up the provided information, and can you believe it was this order YET AGAIN!!! I immediately called your Un-customer service team again. This I waited 14 minutes before being disconnect on…Next call 10 minutes and again disconnected…Last call on hold 16 minutes. This time the woman on the phone told me that I needed to call UPS myself. I explained I had a ticket and that I wanted a supervisor. After a 5 minute hold she came back and asked me for the re-route information. I again gave her my daughters address. She stated that the ticket was blank and nothing had been done. She told me she was calling ups and would call me right back. BIG Surprise no call back! I sent a twitter message again and asked them to help. They now were replying I needed to call ups myself.

10:59 Monday night I went to UPS to change delivery address. I was charged $18.58! So now I have spent hours on my time…Extreme frustration and disappoint…as well as more money to fix an issue your system created!

I really feel like I should be receiving at the very least the re shipping cost if not the entire order compensated for your this disaster!!!!!!!!

I am wring you before I write channel 4 news because I want to give you a chance to make this right. I have attached my receipt from UPS for the correction.

2016-07-15

Will help thoose who steal your idenity.

"I am a victim of identity theft. I have been a JC Penney card holder for some time. JC Penney allowed fraudulent charges on my account not once but 5 times with in three days in the amount of over 1500.00. This was not done online but right in the store. I have my valid ID and my JC Penney card on me. They allowed someone to use my social security number and birthdate without proper identification to use my account. So beware they make it very easy for the thieves. "

2016-05-31

ONLINE FURNITURE SHOPPERS BEWARE!!

"I ORDERED A MATTRESS ONLINE IN FEB 2016 WHICH I CANCELLED SHORTLY THEREAFTER BEFORE IT WAS EVER DELIVERED. ALTHOUGH THE MATTRESS WAS NEVER DELIVERED TO MY HOME MY ACCOUNT WAS CHARGED.
THE REPRESENTATIVE I SPOKE WITH SAID SHE WOULD FORWARD THE CANCELLATION INFORMATION VIA EMAIL (WHICH I NEVER RECEIVED!) CONFIRMING THE CANCELLATION.
3 MONTHS (AND NUMEROUS PHONE CALLS LATER) I AM STILL FIGHTING TO RECEIVE A $1000+ CREDIT FOR A MATTRESS THAT WAS NEVER EVEN DELIVERED. EACH TIME I HAVE SPOKEN WITH ONLINE CUSTOMER SERVICE THEY HAVE VERIFIED AND CONFIRMED AND TOLD ME THE CREDIT WOULD BE POSTED TO MY ACCOUNT. AFTER 3 MONTHS OF THIS i HAVE HAD TO RESORT TO FILING A DISPUTE WITH THE CREDIT CARD PROVIDER. TRULY A DISAPPOINTING PERFORMANCE FROM THE JC PENNEY ONLINE FURNITURE DEPARTMENT. DO NOT ORDER FURNITURE ONLINE FROM JC PENNEY. DEFINITELY NOT WORTH THE HASSLE!

This review was modified by MattressBuyerBewaRE on May 31 2016 06:45:52 PM

2016-04-23

Customer Service ****

"On hold for 20 minutes to get the status of an order that shipped 10 days ago. No tracking number provided. No email address for JC Penney's Customer Service. I got tired of waiting and hung up. To cancel an order one has to call. I will just dispute the charge on my CC bill."

This review was modified by tedennis on April 23 2016 11:14:34 AM

2016-04-05

How are they in business

"Ordered a king size blanket from the website. Took a week for the order to process and when it did the order was wrong! Sending me a twin instead of a king and claims to be my fault. Too bad for me they said. Will never do business with them again"

This review was modified by Hammer68154 on April 05 2016 09:37:44 AM

2016-04-01

The company has become racist

"I just went online to look at the ads and EVERY single person in their ads is non-caucasian. Do you think Caucasian people do not shop there too? I have heard the CEO insists on only marketing to hispanics and african-americans, but this is still racism. You can figure that out pretty quickly with a quick google search. I do not understand how they get away with this. Employing or contracting with people based on race is illegal. Do you not have an HR or legal department??"

This review was modified by maggiegrace on April 01 2016 07:43:48 AM

2016-03-25

rude personnel

"I used to be a frequent customer of jcpenney. I chose the last order to be delivered to the store. It has been more than 10 business days and it is still pending. I called the store (I was told to do so by the online rep), I had to keep the phone ringing for about 3 mins till someone picked it up. I started to describe my situation in a nice manner and I was told ''dont give me that info and i will transfer you to the .com'' when I said that I was specifically told to call the store, so she transferred me to someone who was as rude as she. They couldnt find my order by phone number or its #. Only after finally listening to my situation, they took my number down and said they would call me back in 30 minutes. They did call me within 5 minutes, nicely said that they fixed the issue. OK, nice thanks. But why to be so rude to the customer (me) at first place? I dont want to go back to ordering in jcpenney again."

This review was modified by jul12345 on March 25 2016 12:41:02 PM

2016-02-17

HAPPY BIRTHDAY POOH BEAR

"GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE! VERY EASY ORDERING AND WAS SHIPPED TO MY HOME VERY QUICKLY. PRICES WERE REASONABLE. WE WILL BE LOOKING TO JC PENNEY AGAIN WHEN WE ARE LOOKING FOR QUALITY ITEMS. THANKS AGAIN FOR EVERYTHING!"

2016-01-16

Charged but No Package

"After placing an online order, I got an email notice from UPS 2 weeks later saying that the order had been delivered to my house, but nothing had actually shown up. I called JCPenney customer service to discuss the issue. A "Sarah" in customer service in Ohio very rudely told me that this was my problem, that I needed to call the US Post Office as their agreement with UPS involves USPS as its last stage, and, since Penney's had received a notice that the package had been delivered, they didn't intend to be involved any more. She had no interest in helping me, felt the company had no obligation, and was very nasty and insulting when she addressed me. I will never order from Penney.com again, but so far, I am still out time, money, and humor."

This review was modified by snuzzy4 on January 16 2016 09:51:41 AM

2015-12-18

"This is one of the worst online store I have seen. There is no trace available on the orders placed. I did placed order for BOOTS for my daughter on Nov 27 (ship to store). Expected to receive on Dec 7th. I did wait 2 more extra days & reached customer service (CS). CS says we shipped products to store. When I go to store, they do not receive any thing from JCP.com. Did wait for 3 more days and called CS on Dec 14, Lady in CS says we shipped long back, let me open a case. And she mentioned usual wait time on the case is 24 - 48 hrs. Again did wait 2 more days and reached CS on Dec 18th. This time first level of CS picks up call and repeated the same story. As i was arguing, she transferred to 2nd level. That lady looked into my case and before talking to me, she deposited money back to my card. And says somehow my order didn't shipped out and we do not have one product. REAL BAD thing is CS do not really have a idea on the status of the orders and keep bluffing me that order has been shipped. And the lady do not have a solution on what the next step is. She simply say we returned your amount now. You can place order again. I DO NOT RECOMMEND JCP.COM to ANYONE. In total it took 22 days to figure it out whether you get your items ordered or not.
I'm okay, if I they give clear information on my first attempt. After many follow-up calls (each time there is a wait time around 15 - 20 mins) and finally says items are not available. THIS IS WHAT I DO NOT LIKE.

This review was modified by sbhuma on December 18 2015 02:28:28 PM

2015-10-26

"Wow. What a mess their website is. I made the order, added the coupon - and took a print screen so I'd be reminded of what the total should be. Got almost finished and it said "you have an error on the page. Correct what is highlighted in red." Nothing was. I used chat and she couldn't find anything. Went back, did it all again - and this time it went through. Got almost to the end - and same thing! Entered everything again, and this time it went ONLY NO COUPON - it was $45 bucks more! So I called customer service and she said "I can't add the coupon it's already been released for shipment." Can't cancel it - can't fix it. Can't do the right thing in the first place. NOT USING JCP AGAIN!"

2015-10-21

"Ordered 2 items online. I then found out that Kohl's has the exact same thing $11 cheaper. I called to cancel, less than five minutes after I had placed the order with jcpenny.com, they wouldn't allow it! Said it was 'too far into the system'. Ridiculous!! Last time I'm ordering anything there. "

2015-09-25

"I actually don't shop at Jcpenny one time i even let my credit card go it looks low quality and cheap material and discontinued stuff from the past but recently I started shopping there at brea mall in the bedding department no body ask for that you need help then let me make it short I end up returning what ever I bought I paid as a debit it's been four days money is still not credited they don't have the money to give me in cash when I been to inquire about it she stated it might take one week more that s not nice now my money is stuck I have no access to my money I will never or ever shop at Jcpenny again I dislike the jcpenny so much I will not even pass by jcpenny "

2015-06-19

"Do not purchase online and have shipped to store. All they will do is lie to you. I ordered my son new sheets for his new bed on a Wednesday, got a confirmation email stating they would be delivered to the store Friday. They were in stock and not back ordered. Not available in store so I ordered. Got no updates on my order so I called the store directly on Friday and they had no record of my order. Was mad I had already paid for the item and needed it. Called the main customer service number and she said they haven't shipped yet and won't ship till the following Wednesday or later. I would not receive them for another few weeks. I was not allowed to cancel my order even tho it was days away from being shipped. I had to wait till they arrived and no one would tell me when they did. I had to repeatedly call rude employees not finding my info. I have been a jcpenny customer for years and they have now lost all my business and my families business for good. My poor son has a brand new bed that he can not sleep in till he gets sheets. Had to go to the store get a color he didn't like and wait for my other order. He is special needs so just getting him to bed is an ordeal. Thank's penny's for making life that much harder on our family. Do not state in an email that I will get something before it's even shipped. "

This review was modified by lillysamson on June 19 2015 01:08:56 PM

2015-06-16

"Sarah, from customer service is a fantastic representative. She went above and beyond for me when my registry package was being sent to the wrong address. Thank you very much."

This review was modified by caitlinmitchell4 on June 18 2015 10:48:15 AM

Share JCPenney's store rating

JCPenney is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

JCPenney is not a merchant member
JCPenney does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!