"Easy to order on line with a good price."

"We ordered custom shades and blinds on March 7. Our order came in 2 months later. It arrived with one curtain missing, and one shade was measured wrong. It is now June 17, and my husband has called three times since last Monday, but no one returned his call. We were told the job would be done last Thursday, but no call or appointment.
One more thing. We had treatments made for 9 windows, and only one installer showed up, telling us there was a scheduling error, and he was here all day. I will never do business with these people again. I would give them no stars, but I have to give them one.

modified review This review was modified by Leeny1221 on June 17 2014 11:06:27 AM

"I used to think JCPenney was a brand name I could trust and that held quality to the highest. For my grandparents, parents, family and so on JCPenney was THE place to go for home items and clothes so naturally when I moved out of my childhood home I went straight to JCPenney for everything, including my very first mattress, box and bed frame. The ladies was very nice and helpful and I had no doubt in my mind that I would be getting something that would last and even if it didn't I would be taken care of. It's been seven years since I bought the mattress and I started having some major back pain due to a Dip. I called, as it was under warranty, to get it fixed or replaced. This took a week just to schedule because I had bought it out of state, this I understood. Took another week for the tech to come out and another week for a call back. Three weeks I was out of a bed, sleeping on the couch, the floor, at my mother's house, and even just on my box frame if only to get a call saying that I had to clean my mattress before they can send yet ANOTHER TECH out. NO ONE told me I had to clean my mattress before they would do anything, not even the tech. My mattress is seven years old, OF COURSE IT HAS STAINS. Every single person I spoke to about this acted like they did not care about my issue, I was just another number, no empathy what so ever. My grandparents would roll over in their graves to know that their trusted go-to company duped me. I am appalled by the customer service and complete lack of care this company takes in products they carry. Now I have to shop for a new mattress somewhere else where they actually give a crap about their customers. I will never buy anything else from JCPenney ever again and I will tell everyone in my family about this."

modified review This review was modified by mattressnightmares on June 16 2014 11:09:05 AM

"Dont order from JcPenny.com!!! We ordered a keurig for Mother's Day. They had a promotion going in that if you purchased the keurig you got the drawer to hold the kcups for free. It took a week to come in but when it came in, it arrived without the drawer. I called customer service and they said they would ship the drawer within the next two weeks!!! So I waited patiently. Still no drawer, so I called customer service. Now they tell me I need to get put on a waiting list!!!! What?!?!? Terrible service. What sealed the deal was I got an email to write a review for their website. I wrote a review similar to this one and they replied to me telling me my review was not approved!!! "

modified review This review was modified by Meka3 on June 15 2014 02:20:17 PM

"ordered pants, shoes and socks and they all showed up on time and what a great deal, especially my St. John's Bay shoes...I love these things"

modified review This review was modified by Golfer-94 on March 21 2014 02:24:25 PM

"I'm not one to go and complain. But I feel this is necessary. I ordered shades for my newborns room planning they would be here before I delivered. They said I should receive the package in 4 to 7 business days. Well when I called asking where my package was they told me is was short or damaged!!!! It hasn't even arrived and its already damaged. Not to mention they didn't even have the decency to call me to make me aware of the situation. I will never order from here again. Very disappointed! "

modified review This review was modified by elucas0826 on March 14 2014 02:51:10 PM

"I placed 2 orders online since Nov 2013 and I have not received my orders. I wrote to them several times. When they finally replied they said in the email that they will get back to me with 72hrs. After another 10 days. I wrote to them and requested a refund. Only this morning they provided me ONE tracking number!!! I placed TWO orders!!! The service is horrible, slow and in short LOUSY! Do not shop at Jc Penny unless you want a nightmare as your shopping experience. No other store has given me this kind of lousy, bad, unprofessional service before and it is still an ongoing nightmare! These were intended as Xmas, NY gifts and I have not received them until now and the festive period has passed!
My orders: #2014-0145-4008-8193? AND #2013-3275-8005-0092?

modified review This review was modified by katekhuuratcliffe on February 04 2014 08:17:34 PM

"The workers at the register are great, especially the Men's Department, but I personally think that the supervisors treat them in a bad way and I can see why they are not as happy at the register. This JCP store ratings is pretty low but I think it's because of the supervisors and not the sales associates. Thanks for your time."

modified review This review was modified by markphillips23 on December 15 2013 11:38:57 AM

"I ordered shirts for work from here (I'm a waitess) as my last set of shirts had been worn out and stained, etc. I got some stuff I needed for my apartment too, so there was a good amount of stuff. My schedule was such that I figured I didn't need the shirts until the end of the seven business days, but I figured they would get to my house before the seven business days were up since that is my experience with most websites. Instead, jcpenney didn't even mail my stuff out until a week after I placed the order, which is basically unheard of. Its now monday, and I just recieved tracking information for two of the packages. I'm supposed to get everything by tomorrow, but instead, I'm getting two packages that I don't really need Wednesday, a day late, and my shirts which I need by tomorrow night I dont even know when. UPS just got the package and they havent even created a slip for it yet. When I called to ask why this happened, the rep had no answer for me, and told me there was nothing she could do. So basically jcpenneys policy is to cheap out on shipping when they cant get their orders together fast enough, leaving their customers screwed. DONT ORDER FROM HERE IF YOU NEED YOUR STUFF ON TIME."

modified review This review was modified by dottt18 on December 09 2013 11:35:47 AM

"Never Again will I order from them.
I ordered a nursery chair from them and realized seconds later that I ordered the wrong product. I called them immediately back to ask if I can cancel this order and replace it. The customer service rep did not even let me finish talking and said I could not cancel the order even though it was not scheduled to ship for +3 weeks from order date. The customer service rep was super rude and very short with me. I told her I will dispute the charge if she is not willing to work with me. (Note there is no notification at time of order that you can not cancel your order).
I asked my husband to call another rep and see if he has more luck. The first call the rep told him no problem we will cancel the order. I got a voice mail from them asking which item to cancel. So he calls back a second time and they rep tells him the order can not be canceled and hung up on him. Third call he spoke to another rep (since the previous one hung up), and she told him that the order will be canceled and to call back the next day to confirm it. I get another voice mail asking me about which items to cancel (I had 3 voice mails by then). So my husband called again spoke to another rep who assured him that the order will be canceled for both items.
SRLY????
My initial request would have been just to trade off the product (which was even more money then the original item). But with how rude this company was to us, the hassle they have put us through I will refuse to purchase or do any business with them in future. For a big company such as JC Penny, I would have really not expected this type of treatment. NEVER AGAIN and I suggest you find another place that has MUCH better customer service.
Good Luck.

modified review This review was modified by dgavric on December 02 2013 02:55:50 PM

"Bought uniforms in the past and they were good"

"I really don't know why everyone keeps complaining about this wonderful store. I had to order twin xl bedding for my college dorm, and jcp was the only store that one at a steal and was really pretty. I was worried though, because I ordered them a week before school started. I shouldn't have worried though, they came three days later. I shipped it to the store because I didn't want to pay the shipping fee. It was beautiful and excellent quality. *One thing that I would complain about is how the tracking works. My order said pending shipment (which I took to mean processing). But when I called they told me when it would arrive at the store and that my order had shipped the same day I ordered it! (and I ordered it at 5:00 pm) Overall, I'm very pleased with this store. They immediately called me when it did arrive, a day early!"

modified review This review was modified by essatwilight19 on August 29 2013 05:23:34 PM

"I am writing to let everyone know that JC Penney is an awesome company and has wonderful customer service. I recently ordered curtains for my dining room. The order did not arrive at my house after about 2 weeks so I sent an email to the customer service email address on their website. Within 48 hours, I recieved an email back with a few questions about the order. After determining that the order did not arrive at my house, they completely refunded the entire dollar amount. I was so pleased and will continue to be a JC Penny online and in the store customer. Thank you!"

modified review This review was modified by kgbrohm on June 18 2013 12:03:45 PM

"JC Penney needs to figure what who they want to shop at their stores/online. Stores are blah, uninviting and not focused on the customer at all. I have recently bought items from sephora and the childrens dept. I will never forget how great the uniform skirt was i bought my daughter but they had only one in her size and i needed six and three pants. Bottom line even though it fit the best and is the ebtter quality of all those i bought, they dint have what i needed. Apparently the stores only carry uniforms two weeks before school and when its gone its gone. I went to the store again and they told me they can order it for me. They took me through the process only to get nowhere, even their warehouse doesnt keep these items in stock. Kids grow, kids move to new schools, kids ruin clothes with stains so why not make these accessible? More of what we need, not what they think we want..."

modified review This review was modified by shannonrd88 on May 02 2013 06:02:40 AM

"Where do you pay for anything at the local JCPenney store? They have taken almost all the cashier stations away and there is no explanation. My daughter and I left what we were going to buy on a shelf because we couldn't wait any longer to check out. Another couple loudly complained about the wait and decided to do the same as us. JCPenney lost 2 sales that afternoon because the consumer is just not important anymore. One more thing, I ordered 6 shirts online for my husband and when I got to the store, I found no catalog department and no instructions on where to get my order. I asked a cashier and she said I could go to any register...why did they take the catalog department away? My order was supposed to arrive within 10 days...it took 16."

JCPenney is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

JCPenney is not a merchant member
JCPenney does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!