Stores > JCPenney

Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.00/10 2.00/10

2016-04-23

Customer Service ****

"On hold for 20 minutes to get the status of an order that shipped 10 days ago. No tracking number provided. No email address for JC Penney's Customer Service. I got tired of waiting and hung up. To cancel an order one has to call. I will just dispute the charge on my CC bill."

This review was modified by tedennis on April 23 2016 11:14:34 AM

2016-04-05

How are they in business

"Ordered a king size blanket from the website. Took a week for the order to process and when it did the order was wrong! Sending me a twin instead of a king and claims to be my fault. Too bad for me they said. Will never do business with them again"

This review was modified by Hammer68154 on April 05 2016 09:37:44 AM

2016-04-01

The company has become racist

"I just went online to look at the ads and EVERY single person in their ads is non-caucasian. Do you think Caucasian people do not shop there too? I have heard the CEO insists on only marketing to hispanics and african-americans, but this is still racism. You can figure that out pretty quickly with a quick google search. I do not understand how they get away with this. Employing or contracting with people based on race is illegal. Do you not have an HR or legal department??"

This review was modified by maggiegrace on April 01 2016 07:43:48 AM

2016-03-25

rude personnel

"I used to be a frequent customer of jcpenney. I chose the last order to be delivered to the store. It has been more than 10 business days and it is still pending. I called the store (I was told to do so by the online rep), I had to keep the phone ringing for about 3 mins till someone picked it up. I started to describe my situation in a nice manner and I was told ''dont give me that info and i will transfer you to the .com'' when I said that I was specifically told to call the store, so she transferred me to someone who was as rude as she. They couldnt find my order by phone number or its #. Only after finally listening to my situation, they took my number down and said they would call me back in 30 minutes. They did call me within 5 minutes, nicely said that they fixed the issue. OK, nice thanks. But why to be so rude to the customer (me) at first place? I dont want to go back to ordering in jcpenney again."

This review was modified by jul12345 on March 25 2016 12:41:02 PM

2016-02-17

HAPPY BIRTHDAY POOH BEAR

"GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE! VERY EASY ORDERING AND WAS SHIPPED TO MY HOME VERY QUICKLY. PRICES WERE REASONABLE. WE WILL BE LOOKING TO JC PENNEY AGAIN WHEN WE ARE LOOKING FOR QUALITY ITEMS. THANKS AGAIN FOR EVERYTHING!"

2016-01-16

Charged but No Package

"After placing an online order, I got an email notice from UPS 2 weeks later saying that the order had been delivered to my house, but nothing had actually shown up. I called JCPenney customer service to discuss the issue. A "Sarah" in customer service in Ohio very rudely told me that this was my problem, that I needed to call the US Post Office as their agreement with UPS involves USPS as its last stage, and, since Penney's had received a notice that the package had been delivered, they didn't intend to be involved any more. She had no interest in helping me, felt the company had no obligation, and was very nasty and insulting when she addressed me. I will never order from Penney.com again, but so far, I am still out time, money, and humor."

This review was modified by snuzzy4 on January 16 2016 09:51:41 AM

2015-12-18

"This is one of the worst online store I have seen. There is no trace available on the orders placed. I did placed order for BOOTS for my daughter on Nov 27 (ship to store). Expected to receive on Dec 7th. I did wait 2 more extra days & reached customer service (CS). CS says we shipped products to store. When I go to store, they do not receive any thing from JCP.com. Did wait for 3 more days and called CS on Dec 14, Lady in CS says we shipped long back, let me open a case. And she mentioned usual wait time on the case is 24 - 48 hrs. Again did wait 2 more days and reached CS on Dec 18th. This time first level of CS picks up call and repeated the same story. As i was arguing, she transferred to 2nd level. That lady looked into my case and before talking to me, she deposited money back to my card. And says somehow my order didn't shipped out and we do not have one product. REAL BAD thing is CS do not really have a idea on the status of the orders and keep bluffing me that order has been shipped. And the lady do not have a solution on what the next step is. She simply say we returned your amount now. You can place order again. I DO NOT RECOMMEND JCP.COM to ANYONE. In total it took 22 days to figure it out whether you get your items ordered or not.
I'm okay, if I they give clear information on my first attempt. After many follow-up calls (each time there is a wait time around 15 - 20 mins) and finally says items are not available. THIS IS WHAT I DO NOT LIKE.

This review was modified by sbhuma on December 18 2015 02:28:28 PM

2015-10-26

"Wow. What a mess their website is. I made the order, added the coupon - and took a print screen so I'd be reminded of what the total should be. Got almost finished and it said "you have an error on the page. Correct what is highlighted in red." Nothing was. I used chat and she couldn't find anything. Went back, did it all again - and this time it went through. Got almost to the end - and same thing! Entered everything again, and this time it went ONLY NO COUPON - it was $45 bucks more! So I called customer service and she said "I can't add the coupon it's already been released for shipment." Can't cancel it - can't fix it. Can't do the right thing in the first place. NOT USING JCP AGAIN!"

2015-10-21

"Ordered 2 items online. I then found out that Kohl's has the exact same thing $11 cheaper. I called to cancel, less than five minutes after I had placed the order with jcpenny.com, they wouldn't allow it! Said it was 'too far into the system'. Ridiculous!! Last time I'm ordering anything there. "

2015-09-25

"I actually don't shop at Jcpenny one time i even let my credit card go it looks low quality and cheap material and discontinued stuff from the past but recently I started shopping there at brea mall in the bedding department no body ask for that you need help then let me make it short I end up returning what ever I bought I paid as a debit it's been four days money is still not credited they don't have the money to give me in cash when I been to inquire about it she stated it might take one week more that s not nice now my money is stuck I have no access to my money I will never or ever shop at Jcpenny again I dislike the jcpenny so much I will not even pass by jcpenny "

2015-06-19

"Do not purchase online and have shipped to store. All they will do is lie to you. I ordered my son new sheets for his new bed on a Wednesday, got a confirmation email stating they would be delivered to the store Friday. They were in stock and not back ordered. Not available in store so I ordered. Got no updates on my order so I called the store directly on Friday and they had no record of my order. Was mad I had already paid for the item and needed it. Called the main customer service number and she said they haven't shipped yet and won't ship till the following Wednesday or later. I would not receive them for another few weeks. I was not allowed to cancel my order even tho it was days away from being shipped. I had to wait till they arrived and no one would tell me when they did. I had to repeatedly call rude employees not finding my info. I have been a jcpenny customer for years and they have now lost all my business and my families business for good. My poor son has a brand new bed that he can not sleep in till he gets sheets. Had to go to the store get a color he didn't like and wait for my other order. He is special needs so just getting him to bed is an ordeal. Thank's penny's for making life that much harder on our family. Do not state in an email that I will get something before it's even shipped. "

This review was modified by lillysamson on June 19 2015 01:08:56 PM

2015-06-16

"Sarah, from customer service is a fantastic representative. She went above and beyond for me when my registry package was being sent to the wrong address. Thank you very much."

This review was modified by caitlinmitchell4 on June 18 2015 10:48:15 AM

2015-06-15

"I do hope our sales person gets credit for this review. His name is Michael. He works in the furniture department at the White Marsh Mall in Maryland. The day we decided to order the sectional sofa, he was fairly new in his position. He was friendly, helpful and if he himself had a question, he got the answer immediately from a co-worker. We proceeded with our order. Michael has called us more than once to see if we heard from the delivery company and to check on the status of our delivery. He has to continued to be polite ,helpful, and has done all follow-up necessary. "

2015-04-29

"Totally please with the placed order. All fit well and arrived right on schedule!!"

2015-04-06

"Horrible Service. I placed an order to be shipped to the store on March 8 and till the time of my writing (April 6), its still in the "Pending Shipment" status. I checked in my store after about 10 days from placing my order (which they say should take 4 to 7 business days) and they told me there is shortage. I tried to cancel the order today by chatting with the customer service which was unable to help me and cancel the order saying it's been processed and they cannot cancel it, although the status has been the same with no progress, and they told me to check with my store and they should be able to send it back to the warehouse.

Really disappointed with the service and don't think will be doing business with them again.

This review was modified by cmorris27 on April 06 2015 07:07:50 PM

Share JCPenney's store rating

JCPenney is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

JCPenney is not a merchant member
JCPenney does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!