• Rating 4.00/10 58 reviews

JCPenney is not a merchant member
    JCPenney does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!
  • JCPenney contact information

Product & services pricing Rating 6.67/10 6.67/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 3.75/10 3.75/10

"ordered pants, shoes and socks and they all showed up on time and what a great deal, especially my St. John's Bay shoes...I love these things"

modified review This review was modified by Golfer-94 on March 21 2014 02:24:25 PM

"I'm not one to go and complain. But I feel this is necessary. I ordered shades for my newborns room planning they would be here before I delivered. They said I should receive the package in 4 to 7 business days. Well when I called asking where my package was they told me is was short or damaged!!!! It hasn't even arrived and its already damaged. Not to mention they didn't even have the decency to call me to make me aware of the situation. I will never order from here again. Very disappointed! "

modified review This review was modified by elucas0826 on March 14 2014 02:51:10 PM

"I placed 2 orders online since Nov 2013 and I have not received my orders. I wrote to them several times. When they finally replied they said in the email that they will get back to me with 72hrs. After another 10 days. I wrote to them and requested a refund. Only this morning they provided me ONE tracking number!!! I placed TWO orders!!! The service is horrible, slow and in short LOUSY! Do not shop at Jc Penny unless you want a nightmare as your shopping experience. No other store has given me this kind of lousy, bad, unprofessional service before and it is still an ongoing nightmare! These were intended as Xmas, NY gifts and I have not received them until now and the festive period has passed!
My orders: #2014-0145-4008-8193? AND #2013-3275-8005-0092?

modified review This review was modified by katekhuuratcliffe on February 04 2014 08:17:34 PM

"I ordered shirts for work from here (I'm a waitess) as my last set of shirts had been worn out and stained, etc. I got some stuff I needed for my apartment too, so there was a good amount of stuff. My schedule was such that I figured I didn't need the shirts until the end of the seven business days, but I figured they would get to my house before the seven business days were up since that is my experience with most websites. Instead, jcpenney didn't even mail my stuff out until a week after I placed the order, which is basically unheard of. Its now monday, and I just recieved tracking information for two of the packages. I'm supposed to get everything by tomorrow, but instead, I'm getting two packages that I don't really need Wednesday, a day late, and my shirts which I need by tomorrow night I dont even know when. UPS just got the package and they havent even created a slip for it yet. When I called to ask why this happened, the rep had no answer for me, and told me there was nothing she could do. So basically jcpenneys policy is to cheap out on shipping when they cant get their orders together fast enough, leaving their customers screwed. DONT ORDER FROM HERE IF YOU NEED YOUR STUFF ON TIME."

modified review This review was modified by dottt18 on December 09 2013 11:35:47 AM

"Bought uniforms in the past and they were good"

"I really don't know why everyone keeps complaining about this wonderful store. I had to order twin xl bedding for my college dorm, and jcp was the only store that one at a steal and was really pretty. I was worried though, because I ordered them a week before school started. I shouldn't have worried though, they came three days later. I shipped it to the store because I didn't want to pay the shipping fee. It was beautiful and excellent quality. *One thing that I would complain about is how the tracking works. My order said pending shipment (which I took to mean processing). But when I called they told me when it would arrive at the store and that my order had shipped the same day I ordered it! (and I ordered it at 5:00 pm) Overall, I'm very pleased with this store. They immediately called me when it did arrive, a day early!"

modified review This review was modified by essatwilight19 on August 29 2013 05:23:34 PM

"I am writing to let everyone know that JC Penney is an awesome company and has wonderful customer service. I recently ordered curtains for my dining room. The order did not arrive at my house after about 2 weeks so I sent an email to the customer service email address on their website. Within 48 hours, I recieved an email back with a few questions about the order. After determining that the order did not arrive at my house, they completely refunded the entire dollar amount. I was so pleased and will continue to be a JC Penny online and in the store customer. Thank you!"

modified review This review was modified by kgbrohm on June 18 2013 12:03:45 PM

"JC Penney needs to figure what who they want to shop at their stores/online. Stores are blah, uninviting and not focused on the customer at all. I have recently bought items from sephora and the childrens dept. I will never forget how great the uniform skirt was i bought my daughter but they had only one in her size and i needed six and three pants. Bottom line even though it fit the best and is the ebtter quality of all those i bought, they dint have what i needed. Apparently the stores only carry uniforms two weeks before school and when its gone its gone. I went to the store again and they told me they can order it for me. They took me through the process only to get nowhere, even their warehouse doesnt keep these items in stock. Kids grow, kids move to new schools, kids ruin clothes with stains so why not make these accessible? More of what we need, not what they think we want..."

modified review This review was modified by shannonrd88 on May 02 2013 06:02:40 AM

"Where do you pay for anything at the local JCPenney store? They have taken almost all the cashier stations away and there is no explanation. My daughter and I left what we were going to buy on a shelf because we couldn't wait any longer to check out. Another couple loudly complained about the wait and decided to do the same as us. JCPenney lost 2 sales that afternoon because the consumer is just not important anymore. One more thing, I ordered 6 shirts online for my husband and when I got to the store, I found no catalog department and no instructions on where to get my order. I asked a cashier and she said I could go to any register...why did they take the catalog department away? My order was supposed to arrive within 10 days...it took 16."

"I have been ordering from the JC Penney catalog and shopping in their stores for two decades! Last year, the catalog/on-line center at the Poughkeepsie Galleria mall store closed and now you have to go and compete with the brick and mortar shoppers not only to pick up your catalog/on-line order that came in, but also to return any catalog/on-line ordered items at the same register as the in-store shoppers. What a horrible inconvenience this is. Sure, I could have the packages sent to my home, but it seems to take 3 times as long to arrive than if I have it sent to the store.

Also, I'm finding that the overall quality of clothing and home goods have degraded somewhat in the past five years.

And lately, the past few months, I don't know what is going on with JC Penney's on-line clothing stock, but it seems like virtually EVERYTHING that I like and want to order is NOT IN STOCK anymore. I'm getting ready to completely kick JC PENNEY to the CURB for good!!

modified review This review was modified by DEBORAHLYNN on January 06 2013 05:24:01 PM

"I make several purchases online with jcpenney and I must confess that the products' quality was good and attempt my expectations ,however they have very bad costumer service, they are unfriendly , rude and nervous, they refuse to repeat the information if you miss understand it and they talk like if they will slap you !!"

"It is so sad that JCPenney which has been in business for over 100 years has let it's new CEO run it into the ground. This CEO fired 80-85% of its in-store management nation wide. They run the stores on skeleton crews and expect the few employees to make up the difference. The result is poor customer service, stressed employees and long lines.

JCPenney stores are pulling out cash registers and have announced that by 2014 there will be no registers and customers will be using self serve check outs.

The new pricing tickets look like the ones at Dollar Store or Walmart and there are no more coupons which is what most customers want. The prices have been reduced, but the customer does not see the savings. It also seems like they are catering to the young in the styles of clothing and pushing the older customers out.

At a JCPenney store in Peoria, Illinois they have three television sets outside of the fitting rooms. They have the TV's set on a station called "Current TV" which is a station owned by Al Gore. On this station they have shows with one sided, militant, liberal political views. When I complained to a manager to change the station, she tried, but a message on the screen said "unauthorized change" and she was unable to change it. This is probably set by the corporate office. Whatever your political views, a department store where people are trying to relax and shop, is not the place to force people to watch a one sided political view. They should have a sports station, cooking show or have a remote for people to choose the station they want. I have complained many times and told the management that I will not continue to shop there if they don't change the station, but they refuse to do so. I guess the days of making the customer feel welcome are over, at least at JCPenney. I will find other stores that actually care about return customers and I will spend my money there.

The share holders of JCPenney should cut their losses and get rid of this CEO, then they might get many of their loyal customers back.

modified review This review was modified by dissatisfied7 on August 14 2012 03:26:55 PM

"WORST EXHANGE RETURN EXPERIENCCE EVER (twice, so not a fluke).

Ordering on JCP.com has been an easy and good experience so far, but if you have to return or exchange something be prepared to WAIT FOREVER to get it straightened out. Also, keep good records and get proof of mailing and delivery for your returns/exchanges because JCP seems to never receive what you send back (despite that you have proof of delivery to their exchange center). It takes FOREVER to straighten it out and get your refund or exchange. But keep calling them and they eventually refund you money -- it's a HUGE hassle and takes a long time. But at least the customer service reps are friendly while telling you they have no idea what you are talking about.

"Absolutely deplorable quality in products and service. Purchased a full set of furniture in July of 2011. Advertised by JCPenney as leather and also had a 5-year warranty available, which we purchased that was supposed to cover ANYTHING from frame to leather for five years. Well, that was a lie. Here it is 11 months later and I just got a claim denial from the warranty company. About three weeks ago the arm and cushion of the sofa started to crack and split so I filed a warranty claim. Two weeks later, the technician came out and told me that the leather is bonded, not real, and this would happen to all the pieces over time. The warranty company denied the claim because "the damage was not reported quickly enough" which is crap!! Absolutely disappointed with the quality of the furniture and the sub-par warranty company as well. DO NOT BUY FURNITURE FROM PENNEY'S OR EXPECT THEIR WARRANTY'S TO BE OF ANY VALUE TO YOU!!!!! "

"You need more employees who actually ask you to if you need help and more places to ring up items.. jcp youre not very customer friendly any more... its like shopping at walmart."