Stores > JCPenney

Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.79/10 1.79/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.86/10 2.86/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.86/10 2.86/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 3.93/10 3.93/10
Voice your opinion! Review JCPenney by clicking a star below.
2017-08-17

Horrible company

"Horrible company, horrible customer service, horrible head office, horrible everything. Disgusted with this company beyond belief.

2017-08-10

Good overall experience but..

"I ordered a backpack and had it shipped to store. It came in a week, in great shape. My only problem though, is that the website doesn't get updated, and even though the backpack was already shipped, it still said it was "pending shipment" and that made me a little worried, but I read some reviews online and they said they had the same issue but still received their items. I called customer service a day after ordering because there was an issue with the PayPal and they helped me out with that. I had a pretty good overall experience and got to save as well."

2017-08-03

My online order is messed up and I can't get help from anyone!

"I ordered online 3 sets of bath towels in July. I ordered them to all be sent to my home. The wash cloths and hand towels were shipped to me, but the bath towels were sent to a store more than 30 miles away, and I paid to have them shipped to my home along with the wash cloths and hand towels. I NEVER picked up the towels and I received an email saying the towels were "picked up." I knew that nobody could have picked them up and I surely did NOT. I have called for help on this matter several times and so far, nobody knows what happened to the towels and I don't have them. I've spent a couple hours on the phone in which I have been put on hold, shipped off to other people and nobody can/will help me. I wished I knew what a nightmare this was going to be as I would never have ordered from JCPenney. I won't make this mistake again! Now I'm out the money and only have a partial order. "

2017-07-29

Stole my money

"Paid cash for a $3400 ring and decided to exchange a few days later for a less expensive ring. Long story short JCPENNY screwed up the refund transaction and now my checking account is overdrawn by $850 and I have no money for the entire weekend to feed my kids!!"

2017-07-28

Please DON'T buy appliances!!!!!

"When I got to the store to purchase a washer and dryer they said I couldn't write a check I had to buy gift cards. Which I thought was weird. I should have left then but I went ahead and did It. They said they would deliver the washer and dryer a week later. When the date came they had the dryer and said they didn't know where the washer was. I called the store and the manager (Chris) said he would call me back an hour later. He never did. So I called customer service they said they didn't know where the washer was either and I would have to call the company that sold the washer. I asked them for the number and they said they didn't know the number. So I went to the store and found out that the manager took it upon himself to order another washer without my consent. By this time I was furious and said give me my money back. They said I would receive a check within 3-5 business days. Well 25 days later still no refund. I called customer service and they don't know what's going on. I called the store and that same manager said he's going to call me back and still haven't. Please please choose another store. Don't shop here for appliances their managers and customer service is horrible."

2017-07-20

Shipping

"So I ordered 2 pair of shoes online had them sent to the store got a phone call and a email saying my items have arrive at the store only to find out the items was cancelled and never came in and my money was not refunded nor was I notified. I went up there today and they said they had to refund the money cause they didn't have the items here it is a week later and still haven't gotten my money back it took them 2 mins to take the money from my account and over a week they haven't put it back I will never order online from here ever again "

2017-07-06

Dying business employing dirty business tactics

"I ordered a tv stand with several other products on jcp.com. I tried to modify my order 10 mins after I placed it and saw I had to call jcp.com customer service to do so, and that's when I noticed just how low and dirty jcp.com has become as a business. I tried to have the tv stand removed from my order because it is too wide for the bedroom I planned to put it in (a simple overlook on my part), and I was told I can do such thing because basically a customer is not allowed to modify or cancel their order after it's been placed. I told the customer service rep I just placed the order 10 minutes ago and it clearly states on my account that the order is in process. She told me there's nothing she can do, she placed me on the phone with a supervisor who told me the same thing. My only option was to ship it back after it arrives. I explained to them that will be a great inconvenience considering my work schedule, and it'll be much easier to just cancel the tv stand from my order being that the order just got placed and just started processing. They refused told me that's not an option I have and to return the product was the only option available to me. So upon further research about jcp returns policy I find there will be a $75 restocking fee on furniture purchases. I called back to customer service and explained to them that's very unfair considering the product is not needed and it doesn't have to be removed from the stock to begin with. Long story short.......there was nothing I could do. Either I accept the product or ship the product back and be charged the $75 restocking fee. Mind you I only paid $153 for the tv stand, so to pay jcp a $75 fee for a product they could've easily removed from my order left me very dissatisfied. I'm truly disgusted with jcp, and I will go out of my way to make sure every and anyone I meet avoid spending their hard earned dollars with them. "

2017-06-19

futon

"I order a futon for my son, when i placed the order it told me it would be delivered 12 to 15. what i didnt realize they have a third party that will deliver it. but the third movers dont give you any emails to tell you any thing.so i called jcp again 1hr 40 min later.i talked to someone. got connected to the movers to have them lose the connection on the phone . so with no number to call them back, but they have mine!!!!!!!! im forced to call jcpenny who have me on hold for an operator again for 1hr and some minutes very unhappy and disappointed with both. special the third party movers mxb the phone number for the is 855 296 4476 "

2017-06-19

BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE

"I came the day after Father's Day to see if anythings on sale under 9.45 for my dad and I ask if there's anything for my dad and they told me go to clearance and I told them there's only extra large clothes then I ask another employee and I ask I she she could show me were the inexpensive clothes were a she said she couldn't because she was over there and I am like if she's there then what is she doing here with the other employee so she told me to go to the men cashier and he was going to show me on the computer what's at low price and when I got there he said to go to clearance and I told him there's only extre large then another employee past by and he call her and she said look in the computer and he's like but trying to make an excuse I was so mad cause I'm trying to buy something to my dad and no one helps me they told me to go to the kids side didn't they understand that is for my dad and I also ask if I could remove the money from the gift card and they said I couldn't I've always had like Jc penney I use to buy my clothes there but since this happened I'm never going to shop at Jc penny it's very sad that a kids going to buy something to he's Dad and no one helps him my eyes got watery but i didn't cry I should've call the manager to tell her she has bad service!! Thanks for reading "

2017-06-01

Buyer beware

"I had be searching for a steamer. I finally decided to get the fissler steamer from JC pennys. I did received it. It is huge. The detail information provided by JcPenneys is misleading. It states used for steaming meats and vegetables . The steamer is the size perhaps someone can use in a restaurant . I am very dissappointed with Jcp . They didn't provide the detail that this would only fit into the fissler wok that retails for$249 plus tax. And shipping."

2017-03-29

Bad customer service!

"Ordered a kitchen aide mixer on the 13th of march on line in store. Was to be shipped to store. Still not here on 29th of march and no one has answers, just it has been shipped!"

2017-03-28

So Sad My Store is Closing

"I have always had great experiences at JCP. Our local store is closing so I will be doing all my shopping online now. I love the 25% coupons I get and I use them often without any issues.

I hope the company is staying around for a while.

The selection, the prices, the customer service, I will miss my local store tremendously.

2017-03-19

Tyronnes appliances

"My microwave went out on me so I decided to order a microwave from JCP and immediately they pulled the amount from my PayPal account. On Saturday 3/11 I placed an order for the stainless steel but my husband really liked the black stainless steel. I called an hour later to switch the color and the young lady said I would have to cancel the order and reorder. Since I waited and hour to call she no longer had the ability to cancel the order. She said the department the information gets sent to takes up to 24hrs to show up in there system and since they're closed on Sundays I would have to call on Monday 3/13 to cancel the order. After talking it over with my husband, we really needed a microwave, I didn't want to order another microwave and have 2 pending transactions on my card so I decided to keep the microwave and never called back that Monday to cancel. Plus the microwave was suppose to be delivered 3/15 so trying to cancel on the 13th was cutting it too close for me. 3/14 I call to get a time window for delivery for the next day and they tell me the order had been cancelled. No one notifies me of my order being cancelled no email no nothing. I end up talking to 3 different department with no one having any answers for me on why the order was cancelled and why I wasn't notified. I guess the young lady took it upon herself to cancel the order without notifying me at all. At this time I'm not upset just a little disappointed because now I have to reorder a microwave and wait atleast a week for it to get delivered. An hour later I get a call from the delivery department confirming my delivery with a time frame for an order that was allegedly cancelled. I confirm the delivery and the next morning I get hit with another charge for the same microwave. This charge is just for the microwave itself and not the install and haul away fees. Mind you I still have the other charge pending on my account from 3/11 that includes the microwave, the install and haul away fees. So now theres two fees for the same microwave. The delivery guys show up and measure the old microwave Im replacing. He never removes the microwave and of course didn't haul it a way. He tells me the new microwave wouldn't fit in that spot. He never even removes the new microwave out of the box let alone attempt to install it. He shows me how to measure the microwave so I can get one that fits into the space. They have me sign a yellow piece of paper stating they didnt install the microwave and they're taking the new microwave out the door with them. At this point Im frustrated at myself for assuming that any microwave would fit in the space I have. I take my tape measure and head to JCP so I can measure a microwave before I purchase it. They have the new microwave I bought on display and guess what the microwave measured in length the same exact measurement my old microwave measures out to. Now I'm mad. I call the delivery department and explain to them what happened. She tells me the order had been cancelled so its no way the delivery guys attempted the delivery. I tell her look you guys charged me again this morning for the same microwave, the delivery guys were physically in my house and I have the yellow paper work to prove they left with the microwave. Long story short on that conversation she tells me she can't send them back out because they shouldn't have been out making the delivery in the first place, even though I now have 2 pending transactions for the same microwave the very thing I wanted to avoid in the first place. I call JCP to tell them they need to release my funds. They said its nothing they can do because its still pending that it will fall of on its on. At this point I'm done with JCP I ordered a microwave from homedepot and as long as they release my funds I wasn't going to worry about it any longer. 3/16 I wake up to 2 more pending transactions the delivery fee and the haul away fee (my credit card notifies me of any transactions made on my account). I have a total of 4 pending transactions on my account from JCP on an order that was allegedly cancelled. Now I'm ****. I have been calling JCP to make sure they don't make any more charges and to try to get them to release the hold they have on my credit card and again theres nothing they can do because its still pending. This morning 3/19 I wake up and one of the charges is no longer pending it has been charged against my credit card and of course theres nothing they can do about it because today is Sunday. I have called my credit card company and they said give it 3 to 5 days to see if JCP will remove the charges on their own then they'll start a claim and I've started a claim through PayPal. Its ashame I have to go through this on an order that everyone says has been cancelled but they keep removing money out of my account for. Buyer beware when with Dealing with this company. I have never in my life experienced anything like this and will never deal with JCP again.

2017-03-08

**** off customer

"We purchased dining set from JCP.com on line on August 2, 2015. The chair that came with the set broke in February 2016. The repair person came and repaired it. The same chair broke again. Now it is over 16 months and JCP refuses to fix this chair. I called JCP head quarter at 972-431-1000 and explained the issue. I discussed it with someone called Laporsha. She was unyielding. She says it is now my issue not JCP. A piece of furniture do not brake if it is correctly repaired.

I am glad JCP is going out of business. They deserve it. Their customer service **** and there are several Laporsha working at JCP. I am not visiting their store any time soon.

2017-01-24

could care less Penny's

"Viewed earrings on line, ordered said earrings on line, FINALLY received NOT SAID earrings. Tried chatting but realized I was dealing with the bottom of the Pickle barrel squad. JC Penny's could care less about their customer satisfaction. I live a great distant from a JC Penny store. Inorder to return the garbage they decided to send me instead of what I actually ordered, I must now drive 100 miles to return said crap. Penny's wi;ll shut down before Sears/K-Mart and Creepy Perverted Target Stores."

Share JCPenney's store rating

JCPenney is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

JCPenney is not a merchant member
JCPenney does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!