Product & services pricing Rating 5.50/10 5.50/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.14/10 2.14/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10

"I was shopping for a comforter at JCP in Woodfield, but wanted to open the container for a better view. Clerk opened one, I helped her repack it and she said "I can't be opening all of them!" Really? Why was she there? I know why I won't be again!
Her name was Jaysillie or something similar.

modified review This review was modified by ywilliard on December 11 2014 05:15:23 PM

"Poor Communication Company policy:
During a store return, associate forgot to return my Driving License and I didn't realize this until I need it again in next 8 days. When I went back to Polaris Mall JCPenny store, lost and found employee told me that they kept it for few days and then they sherd it, As a Canadian citizen working in Columbus Ohio, I can not get my temporary DL next day. I wish store could have in their possession for longer or could have mailed it to my Canada address written on DL.
Hope JCP store management can come up with a better policy to help foreign customers.

"JCpenney store at International Mall, Miami, Florida customer service inside store has declined 150 %. The service is awful. I am pregnant and i was looking for curtains for my room, i spend 1 hour looking for someone in person to help me pick some curtains. The store was empty. The customer service on second floor had 3 sells assistants, 3 customers in line and 3 more with sells assistants and the waiting time to buy just one curtain was 30 minutes. I mean, there is no reason. I like Jcpenney but this was really a downfall for me."

modified review This review was modified by evetou03 on October 05 2014 08:04:35 PM

"Received the wrong item and yet JCP policy is that I have to pay for the return shipping? Crazy. No wonder that place is going under. They don't have many customers anymore and they just lost another one."

modified review This review was modified by cooperspooky on October 04 2014 09:46:31 AM

"I wish I had seen the reviews. I ordered a week ago for a trip I'm taking Oct. 11. The order has not departed their warehouse and they don't know when it will. I am praying I get my stuff before my trip but its not looking great after reading all the bad reviews :(. This is too bad because I love shopping there. If they screw this order I'm gone."

modified review This review was modified by YeseniaG on October 03 2014 03:42:21 PM

"Ordered some jeans from JCPenney.com. Website stated in stock and any order would in by 2:00 cst would ship in 3 days. I payed for 3 day shipping. Waited 6 days and contacted customer service. Item had not shipped and is "in process". Was told that their is a 4-7 day processing time before items ship. This was not stated on website or on receipt that I received after they charged my card right away. Cancelled order and have to wait 5 days to get card credited. Funny they can take the money right away and not provide any merchandise. I will never shop from JCP again. I used to get great service until they changed their business practices after new CEO. Too Late and goodbye!!!"

modified review This review was modified by barsco on September 18 2014 01:52:16 PM

"I ordered a 10k gold 2mm wedding band. A tungsten thick huge ring was delivered. I called the 1-800 number, and they said I can send it back and re-order the gold ring. That's it! I asked if I can take it in and return it. She said yes, so that's what I did. The lady at the counter tried to up sell me on a 4mm ring, and a warranty so I could get the size I needed (9.5). I told her I am not paying for anything else, and I just want my money back. I went through 3 different areas of service with jcpenney with this transaction, shipping, over the phone customer service, and in store customer service, and all 3 were TERRIBLE!"

JCPenney User

"for $9 shipping, my jeans were sent cheaply by UPS SurePost (usually slow) and packaged arrived just in plastic envelope, which I think kind of unsafe"

"Easy to order on line with a good price."

"We ordered custom shades and blinds on March 7. Our order came in 2 months later. It arrived with one curtain missing, and one shade was measured wrong. It is now June 17, and my husband has called three times since last Monday, but no one returned his call. We were told the job would be done last Thursday, but no call or appointment.
One more thing. We had treatments made for 9 windows, and only one installer showed up, telling us there was a scheduling error, and he was here all day. I will never do business with these people again. I would give them no stars, but I have to give them one.

modified review This review was modified by Leeny1221 on June 17 2014 11:06:27 AM

"I used to think JCPenney was a brand name I could trust and that held quality to the highest. For my grandparents, parents, family and so on JCPenney was THE place to go for home items and clothes so naturally when I moved out of my childhood home I went straight to JCPenney for everything, including my very first mattress, box and bed frame. The ladies was very nice and helpful and I had no doubt in my mind that I would be getting something that would last and even if it didn't I would be taken care of. It's been seven years since I bought the mattress and I started having some major back pain due to a Dip. I called, as it was under warranty, to get it fixed or replaced. This took a week just to schedule because I had bought it out of state, this I understood. Took another week for the tech to come out and another week for a call back. Three weeks I was out of a bed, sleeping on the couch, the floor, at my mother's house, and even just on my box frame if only to get a call saying that I had to clean my mattress before they can send yet ANOTHER TECH out. NO ONE told me I had to clean my mattress before they would do anything, not even the tech. My mattress is seven years old, OF COURSE IT HAS STAINS. Every single person I spoke to about this acted like they did not care about my issue, I was just another number, no empathy what so ever. My grandparents would roll over in their graves to know that their trusted go-to company duped me. I am appalled by the customer service and complete lack of care this company takes in products they carry. Now I have to shop for a new mattress somewhere else where they actually give a crap about their customers. I will never buy anything else from JCPenney ever again and I will tell everyone in my family about this."

modified review This review was modified by mattressnightmares on June 16 2014 11:09:05 AM

"Dont order from JcPenny.com!!! We ordered a keurig for Mother's Day. They had a promotion going in that if you purchased the keurig you got the drawer to hold the kcups for free. It took a week to come in but when it came in, it arrived without the drawer. I called customer service and they said they would ship the drawer within the next two weeks!!! So I waited patiently. Still no drawer, so I called customer service. Now they tell me I need to get put on a waiting list!!!! What?!?!? Terrible service. What sealed the deal was I got an email to write a review for their website. I wrote a review similar to this one and they replied to me telling me my review was not approved!!! "

modified review This review was modified by Meka3 on June 15 2014 02:20:17 PM

"ordered pants, shoes and socks and they all showed up on time and what a great deal, especially my St. John's Bay shoes...I love these things"

modified review This review was modified by Golfer-94 on March 21 2014 02:24:25 PM

"I'm not one to go and complain. But I feel this is necessary. I ordered shades for my newborns room planning they would be here before I delivered. They said I should receive the package in 4 to 7 business days. Well when I called asking where my package was they told me is was short or damaged!!!! It hasn't even arrived and its already damaged. Not to mention they didn't even have the decency to call me to make me aware of the situation. I will never order from here again. Very disappointed! "

modified review This review was modified by elucas0826 on March 14 2014 02:51:10 PM

"I placed 2 orders online since Nov 2013 and I have not received my orders. I wrote to them several times. When they finally replied they said in the email that they will get back to me with 72hrs. After another 10 days. I wrote to them and requested a refund. Only this morning they provided me ONE tracking number!!! I placed TWO orders!!! The service is horrible, slow and in short LOUSY! Do not shop at Jc Penny unless you want a nightmare as your shopping experience. No other store has given me this kind of lousy, bad, unprofessional service before and it is still an ongoing nightmare! These were intended as Xmas, NY gifts and I have not received them until now and the festive period has passed!
My orders: #2014-0145-4008-8193? AND #2013-3275-8005-0092?

modified review This review was modified by katekhuuratcliffe on February 04 2014 08:17:34 PM

JCPenney is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

JCPenney is not a merchant member
JCPenney does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!