• JCPenney

Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.27/10 2.27/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.00/10 3.00/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.82/10 1.82/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.86/10 2.86/10

"Horrible Service. I placed an order to be shipped to the store on March 8 and till the time of my writing (April 6), its still in the "Pending Shipment" status. I checked in my store after about 10 days from placing my order (which they say should take 4 to 7 business days) and they told me there is shortage. I tried to cancel the order today by chatting with the customer service which was unable to help me and cancel the order saying it's been processed and they cannot cancel it, although the status has been the same with no progress, and they told me to check with my store and they should be able to send it back to the warehouse.

Really disappointed with the service and don't think will be doing business with them again.

modified review This review was modified by cmorris27 on April 06 2015 07:07:50 PM

"Jcpenny really disappointed me, and I hate that they have lost me as a customer; but I would be dumb if I continued to do business with them. So I order a jacket in February. So to the free shipping to the store, I decided to choose the “Ship to Store” option. Estimated delivery date to that store was Mar 2nd. So when I checked online to see if the item was shipped. It stated pending shipment. So I called the store and was advised that my item was “damaged or discontinued” and that I would receive my order by the 6th of March. So when I looked online and saw the same message, I called back and was advised that my item was “LOST” and it should be in the store by the 10th. SOOOOO…. When I checked online on the 10th and saw the same message, I called and was advised that the man who normally scan in shipments had been on vacation and so their “bagged up” and I can check back in a couple of more days…Like why should customers suffer because someone wanted to take a vacation!!!! I was fed up by then and asked for a refund. They informed me to call a 800 number which is the “jcp.com” number to get a refund. So I called the 800 number and was advised that they don’t believe what I was saying so until they get confirmation of that, then they would not refund me, and that I would need to wait until my item come then return it. So I told the man that I believe that he should call them to confirm. They called and confirmed my situation, and then advised me that I will receive a call from the store that will refund the money back to my card. The caller didn’t know when they would do this, so I called the store back just for the manager of .com at that store to tell me that I should get the refund from the “jcp.com” people. I told her that “JC PENNY is MISCONTRUING INFORMATION and is GIVING THE RUN AROUND ABOU MY ITEM AND NOE REFUND”. So the manager said she would call me back in 30mins to confirm everything with everyone to see what’s going on. After all of this stress, the manager calls me back to tell me that my item had been at the store and I could go pick it up. I was like DAMN, ALL THIS FOR NOTHING!!! They are too big of a company to put their customers in such situation. So, I would never go through that with them again."

"JCPenney double shipped and double billed me, and then wanted to tell me exactly what I needed to do to straighten it out. Be aware that many items are supplied by the manufacturer, and they don't seem to have any idea when and if they have shipped, but are happy to charge you up front and on the spot. Refunds are another matter--you wait for days for those"

modified review This review was modified by uioe on March 04 2015 08:16:19 PM

Florida

"I do not understand all the negative reviews. I have been shopping JC Penney for years. I do not think you should let one small episode change your shopping at this store. I have always had great luck. I like their rewards system, only wish it was accumulative like other stores. I do not like that if you order and it ships the next month you loose your purchase points so you loose the 10.00 certificate. Being 2 pts away does discourage one from purchasing. I find the customer service excellent. Our local store is very well decorated and organized. I will shop again.. "

"Broken furniture delivered 4 times from Oct 2014 to February 2015.
On 10/13/14 I placed an order for nursery furniture. The 4 drawer dresser was shipped to me 4 separate times because each time it was damaged. On a 5th time I had all the furniture returned. Each time required me to be home from work to accept the delivery and each time the drivers were late to my house. Throughout this time I was promised by JCPenny customer service that they would contact me and help with the process but that never occurred requiring me to call JCPenny over 10 times for this issue.

I was promised by JCPenny customer service that a check would be issued to me because I did not want it issued to my JCPenny card (the original source of payment). Now that my furniture has been returned I called JCPenny to find out about my check and they said it was issued back to my card. After talking to 2 separate "supervisors" they were not able to fulfill their promise and told me that I had to call the JCPenny credit card company. I now have to wait an additional 5-8 business days to get the check issued to me.

JCPenny has had my $1,027.71 since October 2014 and has not attempted to speed the process up of getting me my money back from this awful experience.

modified review This review was modified by hunk034 on February 23 2015 11:25:08 AM

"For entertainment value alone, this is a MUST read! I predict JC Penny will be out of business by 2018.

We purchased a "Darvis Bonded Leather Reclining Club Chair" online that needed to be repaired shortly afterwards. Fine by us because as we did like the chair and it wasn't terribly expensive. As per JCP, we called to schedule a tech visit. They missed two same day appointments which meant an incredible amount of calls to everyone I could including HQ to get this taken care of! It also meant taking another day from work to reschedule. The chair was repaired and we are now happy. But wait, there's more!

JCP later emailed a request to write a review which I did. In addition to checking poor to average (including avg. for chair quality), the gist of the comment I made was this had been a bad experience and how I was completely dissatisfied with the poor service and the amount of time I had to take in order to get a NEW item repaired! I also mentioned the quality was worth no more than $300.00 (we paid a super special price of $237.00). The listed price is $825.00.

Ready for the punch line? JCP management which I assume is not akin to honest criticism of how they run their business (see news for the last 3 years), sends me an email today that says, "We're sorry, your review was not approved" and "Your opinion is very important to us and the JCPenney community. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review on product. Unfortunately your review did not meet our guidelines for posting on our site."

Very important indeed.

modified review This review was modified by mlcopines on January 29 2015 12:27:16 PM

"Worse shopping experience of all time. I went in to jcp around 12 pm. I signed up for a credit card because of sephora and my love for makeup. I went in there several times to return a concealer. I got naked concealer the first time and lost my recipt . As soon as I walked in and asked If I could exchange it and she told me no. I know for a fact we can't return but can exchange the product especially in the original box and barely used. Anyway I let it go and continued to shop. After I purchased my items I was stopped by the loss provention who grabbed me and rudely asked me to go to the back to check my items . He found nothing and I went home. Wow jcp you're loss provention is thirsty .Worse experience ever ! Never again will I return to your low income store. It's better to have high theft store with high income the a low theft store that's about to shut down. think about that next time you think of saying someone stole especially because everyone knows sephora is why your still in buisness . He didn't even apologize."

modified review This review was modified by Reviewmandi on January 25 2015 08:36:50 AM

"I ordered two mattress sets from JCPenney's website. It took nearly 2 months, a half dozen phone calls, and hours of my time on the phone to receive my order. All this time and not once did the representatives offer to compensate me in any manner for their incompetence. I typically order thousands upon thousands of dollars worth of merchandise online each year. I have never had a more terrible experience than I did with JCPenney. My wife has my permission to kick me in the balls if I ever step foot near a JCPenney again. It boggles my mind that this company is still in business."

modified review This review was modified by Tal1000 on January 24 2015 08:26:10 AM

"I went to JcPenneys on January 1, 2015 and I was trying to buy some jeans and they did not have the correct size for me but thank god that her was there to have patients with me and go over the steps to order them online and he was very nice with my and caring!!"

modified review This review was modified by adames.julin on January 01 2015 06:20:05 PM

"I ordered a necklace from jcp.com before Christmas(Dec. 16) and I received the wrong one in the mail. When I called customer care about it(Dec. 23), they assured me they were sending the correct one out that day via Express delivery so I would have it by Christmas given I expressed how important it was to get it by then since it was a gift for someone else. Christmas Day (thursday) came and went and I never received a package therefore I didn't have a gift for someone special. The following Monday I called jcp.com customer care again to follow up and see if the package had been lost. They said they sent it out and UPS must have lost it. I asked for the tracking number and when I looked it up myself UPS showed that the label had been made but the package never made it to the truck. Besides the fact that they didn't send the it out at all, it was posted to be sent ground shipping only. That's not all though!!! I was already upset that customer care had lied to me and this gift was important to me, so I call back to tell them UPS had never received the package and it must be still there in the factory somewhere. The lady I spoke with said that she would have to contact the factory and asked me to hold, so I held.......for 30 minutes. She finally got back on the phone and stated that she spoke with the JCP factory and that they could not answer my question because they would be closed for the next week due to inventory. By then I was getting really upset....they lied and said they were sending the package via Express and I would have it by Christmas, they lied and said it had been sent when it was still at the factory.....and now they are closed so they can no longer help me until the next week!!! So I contact someone above customer care and explain the details...she does her research and realizes I was indeed right and the package had not been sent and they were closed for an entire week so they could do inventory. I had already paid for the necklace. The lady in management I spoke with on the phone called me back the next day and left a voicemail stating that their was nothing she could do but give me a refund if I didn't want the necklace anymore. I called back to ask for someone above her and she said the best she could do was give me a 20% discount on the item I purchased. During this entire time I spoke with several different people through customer care and not one of them seemed to know anything about customer care!!!! To me, this was a big mistake on their half and I know there was more they could have done to get the package to me ASAP, but they didn't seem to care either way. I still have not seen the package yet and they said it would be closer to the middle of January before it was sent out. They remembered to do the invoice and charge me for the necklace but forgot to send it!!??? "

modified review This review was modified by PoorCustomerService on December 31 2014 06:14:37 AM

"I was shopping for a comforter at JCP in Woodfield, but wanted to open the container for a better view. Clerk opened one, I helped her repack it and she said "I can't be opening all of them!" Really? Why was she there? I know why I won't be again!
Her name was Jaysillie or something similar.

modified review This review was modified by ywilliard on December 11 2014 05:15:23 PM

"Poor Communication Company policy:
During a store return, associate forgot to return my Driving License and I didn't realize this until I need it again in next 8 days. When I went back to Polaris Mall JCPenny store, lost and found employee told me that they kept it for few days and then they sherd it, As a Canadian citizen working in Columbus Ohio, I can not get my temporary DL next day. I wish store could have in their possession for longer or could have mailed it to my Canada address written on DL.
Hope JCP store management can come up with a better policy to help foreign customers.

"JCpenney store at International Mall, Miami, Florida customer service inside store has declined 150 %. The service is awful. I am pregnant and i was looking for curtains for my room, i spend 1 hour looking for someone in person to help me pick some curtains. The store was empty. The customer service on second floor had 3 sells assistants, 3 customers in line and 3 more with sells assistants and the waiting time to buy just one curtain was 30 minutes. I mean, there is no reason. I like Jcpenney but this was really a downfall for me."

modified review This review was modified by evetou03 on October 05 2014 08:04:35 PM

"Received the wrong item and yet JCP policy is that I have to pay for the return shipping? Crazy. No wonder that place is going under. They don't have many customers anymore and they just lost another one."

modified review This review was modified by cooperspooky on October 04 2014 09:46:31 AM

"I wish I had seen the reviews. I ordered a week ago for a trip I'm taking Oct. 11. The order has not departed their warehouse and they don't know when it will. I am praying I get my stuff before my trip but its not looking great after reading all the bad reviews :(. This is too bad because I love shopping there. If they screw this order I'm gone."

modified review This review was modified by YeseniaG on October 03 2014 03:42:21 PM

Share JCPenney's store rating

JCPenney is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

JCPenney is not a merchant member
JCPenney does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!