"I have made about 5 orders from this website in the past. Due to living in a smaller town, the selection of any real punk/alternative music/merchandise is incredibly limited. I'm going to point out the few issues I have had, and then i'll proceed to the good.

CONS
-Twice I was notified a CD was on back-order after having gone through with the initial order. While this can be a bit of an annoyance, they offer the possibility of a split order, or the cancellation of the unavailable item to allow you to proceed with the others.
-Waiting for an item that has been put on back-order can take a couple of weeks, so it depends how badly you want it.

PROS
-Great selection from a wide variety of bands. I have been able to pad my CD/Vinyl collection with artists I couldn't dream of finding around where I live.
-Prices range from pleasantly low to average, never have I found an item to be overpriced.
-LOW shipping. This is a huge plus to someone who lives outside of the US. Honestly the first thing that really convinced me to go through with my first order.
-Quick E-mail response times if you have questions about your order or items out of stock.
-A neat rewards program for returning customers, in the form of store credit being awarded to you based on a percentage of any order you make. While you won't be making a sizable sum, it's a nice little added bonus to shopping with them.

I feel I need to share one of my order experiences to highlight that the people at Interpunk really do try and sort out any issues you have. I ordered 3 CD's and shirt. Soon after, I was notified that two of the CD's were on back-order, and would take a while to arrive before any shipment was sent out. I decided to wait it out. After a couple weeks waiting and a few e-mails back and forth, I decided to cut my losses and order what was available. I was refunded promptly, given some store credit, and my order was sent and arrive in a matter of days despite me living out of country. Apart from my merchandise, Interpunk included some bits of extra merchandise (stickers/coasters/drink cozie) along with my order, free of charge, due to my patience and their inability to fully deliver on the goods I had ordered. I thought this was awesome of them, helping make the experience good overall.

Will continue to shop with them, I have had nothing but good experiences, apart from minor back-order hassles. The pros definitely outway the cons.

modified review This review was modified by LtLedhead on July 25 2013 05:00:38 PM

"Place order for a studded leather collar in early December 2012. Item was not available and I was told in was back-ordered and would be available in a few weeks. So much for the timely gift I was attempting to give. Over the following weeks I have received several emails and each time the item delivery date kept getting moved back ANOTHER couple of weeks. I am now at three MONTHS and have never received my order. I have not canceled the item. Thanks InterPunk, I not only missed Christmas with this gift but Valentine's Day, New Year's Eve, Martin Luther King's Birthday and President's Day. You almost got me to St Patrick's Day. "

"placed an order last week for some vinyl and just received my package. have ordered from them a few times and the records are always packed very well and reach me in great condition. they are my go-to online shop for vinyl. would definitely recommend. "

"parts of the order were cancelled without explanation. had to email them to find out what was going on only to find it was 'no longer in stock'. this is the 3rd time this has happened and I am not happy about it and will no longer be buying things from this site."

"I ordered a shirt for my BFs bday. I got an email saying it had shipped. I look up the invoice on the site and it's for a different band, different size shirt. I contact them and the tech tells me via email that I can return the item just pay for shipping both ways. So I can either keep a shirt for a band I don't know, that I didn't order and for the wrong size or spend 31 bucks on a 14 dollar shirt to fix everything. RIP OFF! And they don't work with you. NEVER using them again."

"I ordered from them after finally getting fed up with rockabilia.com and the difference was night and day. I ordered a hoodie (for half the price) on wednesday, it shipped on thursday and arrived monday. That was using priority shipping and considering friday was vetrens day. The selection was great, the prices dirt cheap, and they clearly show if items are in stock. I will be using them for all my music merchandise purchases from now on."

"Placed order 3 weeks ago, still hasn't been shipped. No phone number to contact them about this. No contact information whatsoever to cancel the order. You have to send a message through their own website, that's the only way to contact them about anything. Very unprofessional."

"I got an email saying a hoodie was back in stock, so i ordered it, then it said out of stock. i went to cancel my order but they had already charged my credit card and would only give me store credit, i send them an email asking for a refunt but tehy never replied, i now have $45 in store credit and no hoodie. I then recieved another email saying it was back in stock, so i ordered again, two weeks later the order is cancelled because it is not in stock, i went to order the next size up, not in stock. that was over a month ago now, im down $45 and still havent heard anything"

"This store is very cheap--that's why I bought from there--but the service is terrible! I ordered shoes (which were in stock) and a CD that it said would come into stock in two or three days. The order finally shipped two weeks late! During that time, I received no communication, the status page on the website kept changing when the CD would come into stock, and when I emailed to complain, I got an obnoxious response basically telling me not to bother them. I wouldn't shop at this store again."

"Of almost any other website I've been to, this one is probably the best. I have made 6 orders, all of which were fairly priced and were always shipped by the estimated date, and many times even before! I've had no problems with them and every time I order the service is great. I would recommend this to anybody."

JRB

"Ordered an independent label CD off their site. Shipped within 2 business days (ordered Friday after 4PM, shipped Tuesday). It was an easy ordering process and would do it again if need be."

"i think this site is pretty good, the best thing i like about them is if what i order is in stock i get them like 2 days after i order them(even after i moved like 1200 miles from where i used to live). the only thing i don't really like about them is if i have like 4 or 5 cds on order and one is on backorder, they don't ship the items that are in stock, so i have to wait for a week or 2 until the other item is in stock for them to ship(with priority mail anyway, not sure about others).

overall it's a pretty good site with good selection and pretty good prices, i usually check here first for cds i want, i just wished they would carry more metal.

"I placed an order on Monday, January 10. After placing the order, the status page said it would ship Tuesday, January 11. On the 11th the status page changed to say Wednesday, January 12. I proceded to ask why the date was changed. They said that they had to verify payment information and that everything was OK and it would indeed ship on the 12th. As I was reading that message, I noticed the ship date on the status page was changed to Thursday, January 13. I have emailed Interpunk again and am waiting for a response. I will update this if any progress is made.

UPDATE: The order has now shipped as of January 13 and I have been given a tracking number. There's still no explanation as to why there was the delay.

UPDATE: The package arrived today, but one of the CDs was missing from its case! I have sent them an email and am awaiting a response. I would advise against doing business with this company until this is resolved.

UPDATE: Today (1/20) I got a reply from Interpunk. They apologized and promise to ship me the disc as soon as possible. Although I had a few problems with this company, their customer service is excellent.

UPDATE (1/23): The CD arrived yesterday (1/22).
---
I placed a second order with Interpunk on 3/4. This transaction went much more smoothly and the order was shipped the following business day.

modified review This review was modified by d4rksh4d0w88 on March 07 2005 04:54:25 PM

"I have completed 6 orders from this site (7th in process right now). All have been shipped on or before the date said (except one that was shipped a day late, most likely due to it being placed during a weekend). Shipping dates are usually the day after you place an order, or two days after. All have arrived, at the worst, on the day specified (most a day or two early). I have never had a problem with a missing item or a wrong item or a bad charge on my credit card.

One time an item was delayed at the warehouse, so they made two shipments (the first with everything that was in stock) without extra charge, both arriving within 24 hours of each other.

The selection is great, the prices are good, the shipping is fast and accurate. I will continue buying from here as long as there is stuff I want to get.

modified review This review was modified by uthor on December 28 2004 12:47:46 PM

"Outstanding!
Very good supply, great prices, and excellent service. I know exactly the status of my order at all times. They list if the item is in or out of stock and provide an email link to be notified when in stock.
Very fast turnaround.
Very reliable.

Interpunk is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Interpunk is not a merchant member
Interpunk does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!