Product & services pricing Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10

"Rudest people I ever tried to do business with. I placed an online order for a $200 bottle of whiskey on 12/11 with the assumption they actually had the product to sell. After 5 days I had not received any shipping information. When I called to check on the status, a very rude individual told me it may arrive today or i'll get an email saying it's back-ordered. I was patient and called at the end of the day. Once again Mr. Rude informed me the truck was there and it "may" ship. All the while I was politely trying to ask to confirm if the product had arrived because I needed by Christmas. His only response was that he could cancel the order or it will pack and ship. Never once listening to a word I was asking until I told him to cancel the order. It was like talking to a pissed off robot!"

Jefferson1830's Avatar
Atlanta, Georgia

"These guys are awesome! Best internet wine and spirits purchase I've ever experienced. Super-fast shipping. $1.00 for insured. Very reasonable shipping rates. Great selection. Awesome communication through email with tracking. Perfect packing with sturdy boxes and bubble wrap. You have a customer for life. Thanks to their wide selection, I now have a cabinet well stocked with fine bourbons! Thank you,"

modified review This review was modified by Jefferson1830 on March 25 2014 02:32:15 PM

"Truly awful.

I ordered a bottle of brandy from these guys. I called every few days and was given the brush off with no apology each time. Finally, on day 9, they tell me that the product was out of stock on the day I ordered it from their website because--they claim--someone else placed an order on the same day and took their entire stock.

(1) This is highly unlikely, as the product in question was a very expensive and obscure bottle;

(2) Even if they are telling the truth, they should have (a) told me this information at the time--perhaps with an aside that they're still looking just in case, but given me information and the option to cancel and make the purchase elsewhere; and (b) been much more polite given the huge and needless delay.

They do have great prices and low shipping, but I cannot comment on their order fulfillment, except to say that they're very bad at handling complications and somewhat rude to boot.

"I have ordered more than once, they are completely non-responsive to customer service emails. The orders are rarely shipped in time. If you call, and the fellow answering the phone is not in a bad mood, you may get some resolution.

It's a shame, they have good prices.

Buyer Beware!

"Horrible holiday experience here!!! I order 3 bottles of pricey wine for holiday gifts for my husband's co-workers. SIX days later they sent me an e-mail saying order was cancelled since they can not ship to the state of TX!! I understand they can't because of the law, but to wait 6 days before TELLING me they couldn't do it is ridiculous! Now I have to rush ship the same wine from another vendor. Thank God for Wine.com."

"Great experience. I placed order online late thurday and so they technically didnt get my order til friday. Two business days later with ground shipment I received exactly what I ordered packaged perfectly. Thank you so much! Will definitely order again."

"Good experience overall. Ordered 11/04, processed 11/08 (after weekend), shipped 11/11, arrived 11/15. Ordered three bottles of the same wine. Even if that seems slow (I picked slowest shipping/processing), they had the best price on the wine I was looking for and I was in no rush."

"I recently placed an order for three bottles of my favorite gin that our local stores never carry. The package arrived as promised, well packaged with nice padding to prevent breakage. I have no complaints with their service."

"DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS WEBSITE! Let me save you the trouble. Ordered a product on last Thursday, January 20th around 8pm. Had previously called on Monday to talk with them to see when they suggest I order the product if I wanted it delivered on the 25th (today). Guy on the phone immediately cut me off as I was trying to ask the question, was very rude, acted as if he was bothered with having to pick up the phone to answer a potential customer's question. That should have been my first warning sign not to order from them. Regardless, he told me he would order it by Friday if it were shipping ground. So I ordered on Thursday night.

Website claims "Over 95% of our orders are processed the same day." Website also says "Please allow 2 business days for processing." Well, which one is it?

By Tuesday, the day before I wanted it delivered, I'd still receive no tracking number or notification of shipment. Called and once again encountered the very rude staff (guy named Jase), who constantly cut me off as I was trying to ask why I hadn't received a shipment confirmation. Because I really wanted my friend to receive the gift, I changed my shipping from ground to overnight, paying $35 instead of $13. Asked Jase if I could get the tracking number, he said it would be emailed no later than 8pm, which is also what the website claims.

Of course, 8pm comes around with no email. Call back the next day, Wednesday (today), the day I wanted it delivered, only to encounter Jase again who ONCE AGAIN cut me off as I was trying to ask why it hadn't shipped. Could not tell me why it hadn't shipped, kept rudely interrupting saying it hadn't shipped and did I wish to cancel the order. Denied that he had told me the previous day that it would ship on Tuesday. Just flat out lied. Asked if I wanted to cancel, as a suggestion. It was almost like he wanted me to cancel the order so he could just hang up and not have to deal with me anymore. Put me on hold for a FULL 15 minutes, only to return to say that "he'd done all he can do to make sure ii shipped today, and the only thing that would stop it is if your card is declined." The nerve! I asked him was he gonna remember this conversation if it indeed did not ship. He responded "Yes, and you can call back and cancel your order." Asked for a tracking number, responded "You do understand that there actually has to be a shipment to have a tracking number, I just can't create one." Talk about HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE! This company acts as if they are doing customers a favor! Never came across more rude business people in my life! Never once did anyone offer an apology.

At this point I have no idea if my order will ship or not, but please, PLEASE, save yourself the trouble and DO NOT ORDER FROM INTERNET WINES AND SPIRITS!

modified review This review was modified by waterwalker on January 26 2011 11:05:45 AM

"Very poor customer service. Totally unreliable. Not even friendly. If you want your product don't order from them. I ordered on 01/03, 10 days later I call to be told the order will ship the same day. A week later, still nothing (no email, no call, no shipment) so I call again, this time they told me that they couldn't ship the whole order but the partial order will ship the same day. Today 01/25, still nothing so I call again to be told that the order was cancelled because they didn't have the product. Never received any notice, no apologize, nothing. I'll make sure I never go back to that store."

modified review This review was modified by travleur on January 25 2011 09:55:29 AM

"Although this website has good prices on some wines, it took a few weeks to actually have the items shipped. They blamed it on the snowy weather they were having,even though they always have snow in there state. It came quick once shipped and was packaged very well. I would buy again from them. "

Internet Wines & Spirits is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Internet Wines & Spirits is not a merchant member
Internet Wines & Spirits does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!