Product & services pricing Rating 9.17/10 9.17/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 9.17/10 9.17/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 7.92/10 7.92/10
    Customer service: Rating 8.75/10 8.75/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10

"I called Instrmentalley about this parlour Blueridge BR 371 and, being a fingerstyle player, I asked them to take measurements from the E to E strings at both the neck and at the sound hole for me. Kind of an odd request but Ben did it without hesitation. (Most shops seem a little irritated by this request.)

I bought guitar from them because of their helpful attitude, willingness to put a certain string on for me and they had the best price on the internet.

The guitar arrived when they said it would and it was absolutely perfect. Best sounding and looking acoustic guitar I've ever owned. (And I've owned a few!) Flawlessly setup.

That's it for me. No need to purchase another acoustic guitar. Ever. That's the one.

Thanks Ben.

modified review This review was modified by bschelew on November 24 2014 02:37:08 PM

"As I went searching for the perfect gift for my ukulele-playing spouse, I happened upon InstrumentAlley.com and their Gold Tone Banjoleles. Wow - what a gorgeous instrument and I knew it was the perfect gift. It has not disappointed the gift recipient. She cannot stop playing it! It came packaged beautifully, promptly and in excellent condition. And it sounds fantastic. I will definitely purchase from InstrumentAlley.com again."

"I had been looking for a guitar for my Husband for a while online, and someone told me about instrument alley, so I gave them a look, and WOW they had great prices, great customer service, and the exact guitar he wanted at the absolute lowest price and free shipping, so if you want the best this is the best place to go in my opinion hope you try them the next time you need an instrument or accessory for the one you have thanks and happy shopping"

"Hopefully this review will help you decide whether or not you want to do business with Instrument Alley. I want to share the facts (not simply emotions) and let you decide on the rating.

TWO FACTS:
1. Everything I ordered (the banjo, mandolin, capo, strings, etc...) I received.
2. It took a total of 31 days. Please read my story...

I placed an order for 8 items on July 15 and made payment thru Paypal that same evening. The morning of July 16 I received email confirmation that my order was being processed. I left a voice mail with a question that day but didn't hear back. On July 18 I read the website directions and emailed specific instructions about the stringing of the mandolin but did not receive a reply. I heard nothing until July 23 (8 days later) when I received an email that my order was being shipped. It arrived on July 29 via FedEx.

Everything I ordered was in the box and was well packed. They had following my instructions from the July 18 email. For $15 each, I paid to have Instrument Alley inspect, string and tune the banjo and mandolin prior to shipping. The Recording King banjo was very impressive and sounded wonderful. I began to play the Kentucky mandolin and discovered a faulty fretwire, so I wrote a rather direct email including pictures to help@Instrumentalley.com on the evening of July 29.

On Wednesday afternoon, July 30, I received this reply, "I’ll be in touch regarding replacement. This instrument was set up and inspected before it shipped so this is very odd."

On Monday, Aug 4 (6 days later), I received this, "A return label was sent to you for the KM-380. Please let me know if you have any questions about the return." I received the label via email and printed it, then packed the mandolin in the original box and shipped it. There was no charge to me.

On Tuesday, Aug 12 (8 days later), I received an email that a mandolin was being shipped back from Saga Musical Instruments in San Francisco. The package arrived on Friday Aug 15 with a letter enclosed that said they repaired my mandolin.

The mandolin strings were in place but the bridge was NOT installed (remember I paid $15 for the set up). After a quick search on YouTube, I was able to place the bridge and tune the mandolin myself.

BOTTOM LINE: If you're a patient person, this scenario probably won't be a big deal. If you tend to be nervous (like me), perhaps spending a little extra money at your local music store will save you your peace of mind. Hope this helps!

UPDATE AS OF 8/26/14 - The salesman at Instrument Alley reached out to me today by email. As a customer that helps greatly. A 3-out-of-5 rating means I was neither satisfied nor dissatisfied. One thing I failed to do was reach out to the salesman FIRST before writing my review. Perhaps this changes things for you the reader, so it's worth sharing.

modified review This review was modified by mhh1249 on August 26 2014 04:45:25 PM

"I was fairly nervous about purchasing a guitar that I had not played from an online shop I had never done business with, but it was a heck of a deal, which included case and shipping. I decided to take the chance.

Like an idiot, I was hasty in my choice, and I contacted their customer service to ask if I could cancel that order and place a new one. Ben responded immediately, cancelled my initial order, and filled my new order.

My BR-160A arrived via FedEx. Nice, tight, secure packaging. The guitar is absolutely beautiful -- more so than any of the very few I have seen in guitar shops. I have had it for a couple weeks, now, and it plays and sounds wonderful. Very open and sounds a lot older than it is. Took it to a local jam this week and received many compliments on appearance, tone, action, and overall quality.

Ben was very helpful and responsive to my several questions and concerns. I would definitely buy another Blueridge, and if I buy it from InstrumentAlley, I won't be nervous this time; I would buy from them again without hesitation.

"I was looking for a particular guitar (my first, as I am a bassist) and my buddy happened to send me a linke to Instrument Alley. I was excited about them having the particular guitar. The compare info was helpful as were the videos. I went ahead and ordered the guitar as well as th set up which was invaluable! Having somone knowledgeable set up the guitar for a minimal price was high value. I swapped the case out for a more durable one (that was an option) and was so pleasantly surprised when it arrived. The guitar plays like a charm, very nice action, good strings and the big sound I was looking for in a relatively inexpensive guitar."

modified review This review was modified by tappingtrance on June 18 2014 01:00:59 PM

"I purchased a Blueridge (BR-180A)guitar from Instrument Alley and was totally satisfied with the custome service from start to finish. Communication by email and phone was helpful in determining which instrument I purches. I spent considrable time reviewing all possible sources, on-line and in stores, and did not find any prices that came close to Instrument Alley. The sales person"Ben" was very courteous and helpful. The guitar shipped on Monday ( as promised) and arrived on Sat: Utah/FL."

modified review This review was modified by liveoak41 on March 16 2014 05:42:16 AM

".

I ordered an ROS-627 guitar through Instrument Alley primarily because of their incredibly good deal on both the instrument and the accompanying hard shell case. After I
ordered, I made the terrible mistake of going in search of customer reviews
of their site and found way too many negative reviews. So many, in fact,
that it caused me some consternation.

However, I did read some reviews that spoke very highly of the operation,
so I would like to include my review.

I ordered my ROS-627 Recording King Century Guitar on February 10, 2014,
through Mikkal Butterfield, agent for Instruments Alley. I was pleasantly
surprised to receive an e mail update on Thursday, February 13, telling me
that the guitar had already shipped. In the accompanying report, the Fed Ex
tracking number was included. (I had requested that, as I live in Wisconsin
and we had been having a couple of bitterly cold weeks).

I then contacted Fed Ex and instructed them to drop my package at a nearby
Fed Ex office so that it would not have to ride around in a cold van most of
the day.

Thursday morning, February 18, I received my call from the local Fed Ex
office letting me know that my package had arrived. So, within a week (5
actual business days) I had the guitar shipping box resting on the living
room floor.

Word to the wise: Instrument Alley, in my estimation, is a top-notch
reputable online business, efficient in getting your orders out in a timely
manner, and carrying top notch instruments.

I only attempted to contact them once, and that is when I ordered the
guitar. I requested that if possible, the guitar be packed with a bit more
insulation as it would be heading for one of the coldest spots in the nation
for February. Granted, I did not receive an answer to that request, but
obviously expediting shipments quickly takes highest priority with
Instruments Alley, a philosophy with which I agree whole heartedly, and the
guitar and case arrived in immaculate condition.

You will find their prices pleasantly moderate, if not the lowest on the
web. I certainly could not find my purchase any where near as inexpensive!
I recommend Instruments Alley highly!

Larry Heagle

"After waiting almost 2 weeks on pins and needles my beautiful blueridge 160 lh guitar finally arrived. I must admit,it was worth the wait. She arrived very well packed and safe although they shipped me the case a few days late. They kept me informed the whole way though. If you want a quality instrument and a great deal and don't mind waiting then this is your spot. However, if you're impatient and need something within a few days then spend more money elsewhere. Being I got such a beautiful guitar at such a great price, I didn't mind the wait. Ben and Dave were great even though I bothered them every day! Lol

Ohh...one last thing. Do not get the basic setup. It says 15 bucks but they charged me 20 and when I got the guitar the action was way too high and the neck needed relief do I still had to take her to a luthier for basic setup. They threw in a set of free strings though and tuned the guitar so i didn't mind much.

modified review This review was modified by CarlosSantana77 on November 13 2013 01:49:33 PM

"This is by far the best store I have run across for my music needs. The products they sell are very high quality and the customer service is excellent. I will be buying from them again and again in the future!"

modified review This review was modified by FrankLypp on July 02 2013 11:27:15 AM

"I have to say, I was a little apprehensive at first because the pedal was being sold at such a low price that I thought it might be too good to be true! But these folks delivered big time. I ordered my pedal on Sunday and received it on Thursday(Utah>NYC)! Holy cow! Then I sent a nice e-mail to Ben who responded right away.
As a professional musician I value this kind of speed and customer service. Would I order from Ben again? Hell yes!
Thanks instrumentAlley.com!

modified review This review was modified by borinquenrocker on April 30 2013 12:22:59 PM

"The Blue Ridge guitar and case were priced well below the competition. This shop provided free shipping, great communication and fast delivery. I'll be a repeat customer. "

"I ordered a Gold Tone Dulciborn from Instrumentalley.com I was a little nervous because I'd read some less than positive reviews about their customer service, but no one else could touch their price so I took a chance. My instrument arrived today and I could not be happier. The turn-around time from order to delivery was just under two weeks. I would not hesitate to do business with them again based on my experience."

"I have to say that this guitar showed up in better shape, with quicker delivery then any I've ever ordered online... They had it sent from Liverpool GB to my door in Illinois in 2 days! only negative is they are slow to respond to emails. You need to call. Excellent buy! "

"Martin 0 sized case arrived quickly and as described. Fast and pleasant communication with customer service. A+"

Instrumentalley.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Instrumentalley.com is not a merchant member
Instrumentalley.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!