• Instrumentalley

Chance of future purchase: Rating 5.63/10 5.63/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.31/10 5.31/10
    Customer service: Rating 5.56/10 5.56/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10

"Bought a Blueridge 341 Parlor Acoustic Guitar. It was out of stock and was backordered but they communicated when it was expected and offered to refund my purchase if I wasn't willing to wait a few weeks. I decided to wait, they delivered when promised, and I am very happy. This guitar is exactly what I hoped it would be. Slightly wider neck for finger style playing. Looks great, plays better. I was very surprised that this 0 sized Parlor would have as much volume as it does. Mahogany for a slightly warmer tone. Bone saddle and nut give great sustain, and the ebony fingerboard and fret finish is a bit better than my Martin 000-16. The size is much more comfortable than a dreadnaught or 000. Nice case. It has become my most played guitar. Just one mild complaint was there was a slight finish build up by the edge of the neck that was missed at Blueridge and Instrument Alley was able to obtain a satisfactory adjustment in price for me.
Would have bought locally, but they didn't set it up at all, and in fact the frets were protruding a bit leaving a sharp edge. Further, the local price was significantly higher with no case included. I ended up saving about 25% through Instrument Alley. Was able to buy a better guitar than otherwise I would have been able to afford. Blueridge's are high quality guitars and Instrument Alley is a convenient and cost effective way to procure a guitar.

"Very Prompt Service. Excellent Customer Service. Price was amazing. When they didn't have my exact item available they contacted me immediately and suggested s better model at only $10.00 difference. Delivery was fast and on time for a birthday party. The drum set I purchased was of great quality. Delivered Fed Ex - Everything about this experience was first class. Ben ( the owner?) even contacted me later to make sure everything was ok. I would definitely buy from them again. Highly recommended. "

This review was modified by mjmwingnut on July 22 2015 11:58:21 AM

"I ordered an Oscar Schmidt OE30 from them thinking i was getting the model with the Washburn 421 and 423 Humbucker pickups and trimmed in a little darker blue than the main body of the guitar. What I received was an OE30 trimmed in black and standard chrome Humbuckers. When I tried to contact them I received no reply, (guess they just want money and then screw you). From where my guitar was shipped from I can reasonably assume that this site is simply a broker taking your money an then getting the product shipped from somewhere else. I don not recommend buying from them, buy from someone more reputable like Musicians Friend, Ebay, Amazon, just to name a few and you may pay a little more but at least if something goes wrong they will help resolve your problem. "

This review was modified by lt1955 on July 15 2015 04:30:32 PM

"I have the impression that this company takes orders then rings around to manufacturer's to see if they have any stock, if not they say the item is on Backorder. After a 7 week wait I started my quest to cancel my order and have my cash returned to my PayPal account. It wasn't easy.
I had to pester the life out of them with telephone calls, emails and 'chatline' conversations. The chatline conversation were all mysteriously cut short, none of my telephone calls were returned, one of my many emails was answered with a terse "It's been cancelled". I feel very fortunate to get my money back, but I had to work hard to achieve it.
The moral of the the story is find somewhere else to buy your instrument even if it means paying a little extra. Phone the seller to find out whether they actually have the instrument in stock by talking to a person, this is not possible with Instrument Alley.
To deal with Instrument Alley is being lead up a Blind Alley.

"I ordered a Blueridge BR-180A with basic setup & what a beauty! I received the guitar & case in just a few days & it was perfectly set up. Not only that, but a brand new tuner was included. The price, service & communication were all outstanding! I'll buy again soon! "

This review was modified by Mkh3536 on May 14 2015 07:19:56 AM

"No static shopping.. like most other online retailers. Got exactly what I paid for, fast shipping. Delivered conveniently on a weekend. Oh and did I mention it was cheaper than any other advertised price.. I'd gladly recommend them to friends and others. If I need anything else instrument related they definitely will be my first stop. "

This review was modified by Germskee on March 06 2015 09:50:58 PM

"So I ordered an autoharp, it came to me not working (new and not working). I asked for a refund, but it wasn't offered, I was offered a warranty replacement. I felt ripped off because his website clearly says that returns are allowed up to 45 days and I requested the refund. Due to the fact I could never reach him on the phone we apparently had a miscommunication. After we started the warranty replacement program, it turns out he can't get the original item I ordered. He requested that I change my original review and I have done so at his request. He felt that I misrepresented his side of the story."

This review was modified by samantha.sieverling on March 09 2015 05:42:23 PM

"I ordered some Grover tuning pegs. They were allegedly processed on 2/13/15, but after two weeks, I hadn't received them. Finally arrived 3/9/15. I contacted Ben about it after the initial delay. The initial response was slower than I would have liked, but he refunded me and did make a sincere effort to work it out."

This review was modified by woodygunns on March 09 2015 09:22:22 AM

"I placed an order for a guitar that was not yet in stock. The timeline did not end up working out for me and I had to cancel. It's my understanding that they are a small company and so do not have a giant inventory on hand. However, if you are willing to wait they have good prices on lots of harder to find instruments."

This review was modified by chessers on February 25 2015 11:14:35 AM

"Great communication, and best price online. Did a lot of searching, found they had the very unique Minarik guitar I was looking for. Their site was current, still had the beauty. Was told it may take a few days, as they were small, but within a couple of days, FedEx tracking and got the beauty today. Well protectively packed, even FedEx didn't drop kick it here, like they did another guitar I got earlier this year. Couldn't be more pleased. Great folks. Will keep their site in my view. Dale Leichsenring"

This review was modified by GibsonNut on February 19 2015 08:54:37 PM

"Great website and great prices. My order was processed as promised and arrived when promised. Good transaction."

"I looked everywhere both locally and online for an Octave Mandolin. I found the one I wanted at instrumentalley.com at about 1/2 the price anywhere else. Free shipping, and an additional $10 off. It arrived in perfect condition, three days after my order! The packaging was excellent -- easy to open the box and easy to slide out the packing and the instrument. It is wonderful. I wrote an email to them and Ben there, wrote me back a very courteous email. Thank you!"

This review was modified by MarianD on December 17 2014 10:43:25 PM

"Had a Problem with this order but the company decided to return my payment and did so very nicely. i will shop with them again."

This review was modified by Fitbb on December 17 2014 07:14:20 PM

"I've been taking bluegrass banjo lessons for about a year on Skype and decided to upgrade. When I asked my instructor for recommendations, he suggested that I might think about getting a Gold Star. I found Instrumentalley when I looked for banjos on line, and their prices for Gold Stars looked good. I asked my instructor about the models & he said the price of one of them (which I ended up getting) gave me a lot of value for the money. I ordered it & it arrived in perfect condition in a beautiful case. I couldn't be happier & would recommend Instrumentalley to anyone."

This review was modified by rfolger on November 29 2014 02:26:09 PM

"I called Instrmentalley about this parlour Blueridge BR 371 and, being a fingerstyle player, I asked them to take measurements from the E to E strings at both the neck and at the sound hole for me. Kind of an odd request but Ben did it without hesitation. (Most shops seem a little irritated by this request.)

I bought guitar from them because of their helpful attitude, willingness to put a certain string on for me and they had the best price on the internet.

The guitar arrived when they said it would and it was absolutely perfect. Best sounding and looking acoustic guitar I've ever owned. (And I've owned a few!) Flawlessly setup.

That's it for me. No need to purchase another acoustic guitar. Ever. That's the one.

Thanks Ben.

This review was modified by bschelew on November 24 2014 02:37:08 PM

Share Instrumentalley.com's store rating

Instrumentalley.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Instrumentalley.com is not a merchant member
Instrumentalley.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!