"Bogus website offer.

I made a completed, valid order only to be told that it was cancelled due to "a price mistake" from the vendor.

I suspect fraudulent business practices to drive business to their website. This type of thing ahppens too frequently with them.

I will not be using Insight again.

"A really dismal shopping experience with this company. Goods showing available and in stock, ordered online, paid extra for next day delivery and got an order confirmation email. Then we received an email to state that they wanted to verify our address, which apparently meant we had to fax or scan ID over to them - I've never heard so much rubbish in my life! Why have an online card authorisation service such as 'Verified by Visa' and then ask you to jump through hoops? To compound it all, I then asked them to confirm the item was indeed in stock to be told, 'no and further suppies were not due until September (it's now only the begining of April!). I double-checked their web site again and it was still saying the item is in stock, I queried this and the girl told me that the web site does not reflect their stock situation - so why bother having an 'number of items in stock' identification system built into it then?

Dismal and unprofessional, will take our buisiness elsewhere now and in future.

"I use Insight routinely for my work, but that's through an account executive. Prices that way are VERY competitive; not so much straight off their website. Shipping is fast and accurate (but not free); never had a problem doing a return or had a mis-shipment in the 60 or so orders I've done with them since 2002."

"Basically their website and ecommerce is one of the worst I've ever had to use. Order process was ridiculous with the amount of screens it takes to get through an order. After about a 20 minute order process that was painful to navigate(and I'm of generation Y with extensive knowledge of online shopping, technology etc.) the site finally stops giving me an error and the order goes through. For days they hold $100+ in my account only to send an email that they must cancel my order. 3 days later and my money is still pending in their archaic system. Never again!"

"Not sure what people are complaining about. Most merchants are setup to handle maybe a few thousand orders a day. If you send 100,000 there way, expect major hiccups.

Insight shipped one order and cancelled the other on me. Shipping confirmation was within a few hours of business day starting and cancellation was by end of business day. Not bad I would say. Insight's customer service responded to my emails within a matter of minutes.

If anyone, HP should take heat for dropping the ball here and catching retailers off-guard.

"I placed my order early in the morning on Aug 23rd, and received an email confirmation. In the afternoon I checked the order status, and it had changed from 'processing' to 'Contact Sales Rep'. Of course they changed the status without notifying me by phone or email.

I called sales, and they said due to unusually high sales volume, the items I ordered might not actually be in stock. I ordered 2 items, one which was listed as over 500 in stock, the other was a couple thousand, at the time when my order was placed. They said to wait and that tomorrow I would receive notification if there was enough stock for my order.

I never received any notification whatsoever. I checked two days later, and it seems my order has been cancelled. Again they did this without notifying me.

There are so many better places to shop online.

"This site is a scam. They advertise merchandise they do not have to obtain credit card information then mysterious charges show up. Avoid at all costs."

"Became victim of HP TouchPad firesale.
Tried to buy 16 GB model. There was 200+ units available. I lost 15 minutes trying to register (site wouldn't work properly in Opera and had problems staying online at that time) and then there was none.
However, there still was 560 units of 32 GB model. I successfully placed an order (money withdraw, confirmation email) and checked product page again. 500+ units left.

Next day i couldn't find my order in site's database. Direct link from email showed order with $0.00 price and "Completed" status. Tracking is not available.

Guess i won't have my TouchPad.
BTW, i never got cancellation email.

"Horrendous experience. Item showed several hundred units in stock. I ordered, they charged my credit card (thanks!) and then several days later canceled it. Meanwhile, a check on the forums revealed that many individuals who ordered the same product AFTER me got shipping confirmation numbers from the courier. I will never use this company for purchases again. Worthless."

"Site displayed plenty of items left in stock, they waited for my credit card to clear, put a pending charge on my card, then marked my order as COMPLETED...only they removed my product from the invoice, so COMPLETED really meant cancelled. Terrible company"

"Ordered the same product as thousands of other people (HP TouchPad 32 GB). My order was placed the evening of 8/22, and people I know who ordered the same item on 8/23 received their purchases (or at least shipping notices). Mine got canceled. This was after phone reps repeatedly assured orders would be processed in a "first come, first served" fashion.

I get that the response to the price drop was overwhelming and the system allowed more orders than they were able to fulfill, but at least honor the orders in the order in which they were received and be fair to your customers.

Never again.

"Same as previous reviewers:

"Company took orders from numerous people. Site showed they had enough inventory to fulfill orders yet they oversold. Extremely poor customer service. Also for a company that promotes and sells Cloud networking systems, they failed miserably. Pathetic organization."

"Horrible way to handle orders. First they don't tell you how much shipping and tax will be, then they wait for your credit card to clear, and only after they put a pending charge on your order do they COMPLETE the order. And by COMPLETE I mean CANCEL.

My order said complete with an expected arrival date but with the price zeroed out. This is fraud and an unlawful business practice.

Avoid!

"In this day and age, for a company that sells computer products, you expect some efficiency. Not with Insight. They took my order then held my funds. I called for an order status and was told "no problem, we MANUALLY credit review every single order." Well I ordered a time sensitive item, I used Amex, my card was charged (pending), and I was shipping to the Amex HOME ADDRESS. There is no reason for a credit check. Just send me the product like any other company would. Nope!!

Well later my order just "disappeared" from their site. No email, no response. Totally unprofessional. I'll pay a few more bucks to Amazon, Dell, HP, or any other vendor next time rather than submit myself to their horrible techniques.

Now I have to worry about one more rinky dink company having my name, address, email, and credit card information.

AVOID!

Insight is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Insight is not a merchant member
Insight does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!