• Rating 2.50/10 25 reviews

Insight is not a merchant member
    Insight does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!
  • Insight contact information

"I use Insight routinely for my work, but that's through an account executive. Prices that way are VERY competitive; not so much straight off their website. Shipping is fast and accurate (but not free); never had a problem doing a return or had a mis-shipment in the 60 or so orders I've done with them since 2002."

"Basically their website and ecommerce is one of the worst I've ever had to use. Order process was ridiculous with the amount of screens it takes to get through an order. After about a 20 minute order process that was painful to navigate(and I'm of generation Y with extensive knowledge of online shopping, technology etc.) the site finally stops giving me an error and the order goes through. For days they hold $100+ in my account only to send an email that they must cancel my order. 3 days later and my money is still pending in their archaic system. Never again!"

"Not sure what people are complaining about. Most merchants are setup to handle maybe a few thousand orders a day. If you send 100,000 there way, expect major hiccups.

Insight shipped one order and cancelled the other on me. Shipping confirmation was within a few hours of business day starting and cancellation was by end of business day. Not bad I would say. Insight's customer service responded to my emails within a matter of minutes.

If anyone, HP should take heat for dropping the ball here and catching retailers off-guard.

"I placed my order early in the morning on Aug 23rd, and received an email confirmation. In the afternoon I checked the order status, and it had changed from 'processing' to 'Contact Sales Rep'. Of course they changed the status without notifying me by phone or email.

I called sales, and they said due to unusually high sales volume, the items I ordered might not actually be in stock. I ordered 2 items, one which was listed as over 500 in stock, the other was a couple thousand, at the time when my order was placed. They said to wait and that tomorrow I would receive notification if there was enough stock for my order.

I never received any notification whatsoever. I checked two days later, and it seems my order has been cancelled. Again they did this without notifying me.

There are so many better places to shop online.

"This site is a scam. They advertise merchandise they do not have to obtain credit card information then mysterious charges show up. Avoid at all costs."

"Became victim of HP TouchPad firesale.
Tried to buy 16 GB model. There was 200+ units available. I lost 15 minutes trying to register (site wouldn't work properly in Opera and had problems staying online at that time) and then there was none.
However, there still was 560 units of 32 GB model. I successfully placed an order (money withdraw, confirmation email) and checked product page again. 500+ units left.

Next day i couldn't find my order in site's database. Direct link from email showed order with $0.00 price and "Completed" status. Tracking is not available.

Guess i won't have my TouchPad.
BTW, i never got cancellation email.

"Horrendous experience. Item showed several hundred units in stock. I ordered, they charged my credit card (thanks!) and then several days later canceled it. Meanwhile, a check on the forums revealed that many individuals who ordered the same product AFTER me got shipping confirmation numbers from the courier. I will never use this company for purchases again. Worthless."

"Site displayed plenty of items left in stock, they waited for my credit card to clear, put a pending charge on my card, then marked my order as COMPLETED...only they removed my product from the invoice, so COMPLETED really meant cancelled. Terrible company"

"Ordered the same product as thousands of other people (HP TouchPad 32 GB). My order was placed the evening of 8/22, and people I know who ordered the same item on 8/23 received their purchases (or at least shipping notices). Mine got canceled. This was after phone reps repeatedly assured orders would be processed in a "first come, first served" fashion.

I get that the response to the price drop was overwhelming and the system allowed more orders than they were able to fulfill, but at least honor the orders in the order in which they were received and be fair to your customers.

Never again.

"Same as previous reviewers:

"Company took orders from numerous people. Site showed they had enough inventory to fulfill orders yet they oversold. Extremely poor customer service. Also for a company that promotes and sells Cloud networking systems, they failed miserably. Pathetic organization."

"Terrible. Cancelled order without telling me because their ordering system was deficient and could not tell that they had already taken more orders than they had inventory for. When I called two days later I was told that the order had been cancelled and that I would be notified of that fact by "mail," as in snail mail. When I politely mentioned something to the effect of it did make me feel comfortable doing business with Insight, the representative, Gary Evanston, responded, "You can think whatever you want about Insight, the fact is your order has been cancelled.""

"I ordered Autocad 2011 for Mac from Insight for my company. They quoted my a week for shipping. Ten days later, the product has still not arrived, so i decide to give them a call. Evidentially they just canceled my order without telling me because they didn't stock the product anymore! I received NO notification of this. All the repersentitive could say on the phone was "Sorry, it was not MY fault" Pathetic."

"All I really need to say is WOW! I ordered a Wireless Lan Adapter for a Samsung DVD Blue-Ray disc player. I ordered the adapter on 4/15 and had it in hand on 4/20/2010. From ordering on-line to having it in-hand in 5 days is pretty amazing to me. I would definitely do business with Insight again as well as recommend to others. I picked this company based on the reviews I read on this resellerratings website. The least I could do is rate Insight after my experience.

Keep up the awesome work Insight and thanks for the reviews on resellerratings.com!

"I ordered a flash memory card from Insight UK. I arrived 3 days later and in working order.
Overall a quick, efficient service at a reasonable price. They also responded to my email enquiring about delivery times. I will probably order from them again. 8.5/10
Dave, Bristol, UK