Stores > Improvements Catalog

Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.00/10 3.00/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.06/10 3.06/10
    Customer service: Rating 3.00/10 3.00/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10
Voice your opinion! Review Improvements Catalog by clicking a star below.
2017-04-05

Lies, poor everything

"I ordered a mobile desk that features a slide out tray. The tray is the reason I ordered this desk. I put the entire desk together and discovered the raised lip on the tray was broken (this is the last piece of the assembly). I called customer service immediately and was told they would ship me a replacement. 10 days later I received the part, ALSO broken in exactly the same way. There was no padding in the box to protest this very vulnerable raised lip. I called customer service again and was told they would send me another one. After not hearing from them or receiving another part, I called THEM again Monday and was told they would "escalate" the request and would contact me with an update yesterday. I called TODAY and was told there was no record of my request for a new part! I "escalated" to a supervisor who apologized and found out that the manufacturer would not ship the part for six weeks. She could, however send me one in another color that does not match.
I am ready to tear this beautiful desk apart and send it back. Yes, tear it apart since it is screwed and bolted together. I understand this is a big company and things happen, but to lie to me and then lose the order!

Rep reply posted Apr-11-2017

A rep from Improvements Catalog, ImprovementsCatalog1, has responded

“We are so sorry to hear about your experience. Due to the popularity of this product, we are not able to get the part you need for a few weeks. While we know things don't always go as planned, we are here to help and make things right for you. After communicating with you, we are glad to hear that you were able to make the existing unit work. Please let us know if there's anything you need. We want all our customers to be 100% satisfied with all our products for years to come. Thank you for your feedback, as it allows us to focus on continuous growth and improvement. ”

2017-04-03

customer service ****

"How about making sure the parts are in the box when you send out your products"

Rep reply posted Apr-24-2017

A rep from Improvements Catalog, ImprovementsCatalog1, has responded

“Thank you for your feedback. After reaching out, we were able to determine the parts that were missing. We were successfully able to provide a replacement product that resolved the concerns and provided satisfactory resolution. While we know things can happen, we were responsive and committed to providing an exceptional experience until fully resolved.”

2017-03-29

Customer service issues have been resolved with excellent outcomes.

"the review that I wrote concerning customer service with improvements catalog needs to be amended. Since my earlier review I have been provided with complete and total resolution to my issue that follows. I have been provided a replacement and it arrived yesterday. The piece of furniture is beautiful and has no damage. Customer service contacted me and ordered a new unit to be shipped to me overnight. Improvements catalog truly went above and beyond to resolve my issues. I have had a total change of heart about the customer service that I have received period improvements catalog goes above and beyond to make customers satisfied with their purchase when there is a problem. Do not hesitate to order from this company because if there is an issue it will be resolved. Based upon this experience I will resume ordering from improvements catalog."

Rep reply posted Apr-07-2017

A rep from Improvements Catalog, ImprovementsCatalog1, has responded

“I'm so glad to hear we were able to successfully resolve your issues. Thank you for giving us a chance to make things right for you! I hope you enjoy your furniture.”

2017-03-12

Console Consolment

"I wanted the Dover File Console SO badly, because it "would" have added a problem solving solution to putting a pretty file cabinet in my home! HOWEVER, I CAN NOT even put it together, because the drawer rollers do NOT have places to put the screws! Then AFTER calling customer service and being PROMISED replacement pieces, THE REPLACEMENT PIECES DID NOT COME! I would NOT recommend Improvements TO ANYONE!!

My mother used to say, Get what you pay for - this quality of the materials AND the customer service surely stand up to what my mom said!

I WILL be reporting Improvements Catalog to the OHIO ATTORNEY GENERAL! AND I will be getting my money BACK - ALL OF IT!

Rep reply posted Apr-11-2017

A rep from Improvements Catalog, ImprovementsCatalog1, has responded

“We are so sorry the Console assembly did not work out. We hoped that pre-assembling the pieces you had questions about and overnighting them to you would resolve the issue, and was deeply disappointed that it did not help. We have refunded you for the item, and hope that our efforts to make things right are satisfactory even though you were not able to successfully assemble the product. We value our customers and are passionate about the quality of our products and providing exceptional service. We hope you’ll give us a chance in the future.

2017-02-20

Product misleading, rude, and ripped off

"The product that I ordered was misleading. Ordered 12.5 inch lid for frying pan, the lid they shipped was 11.5 inches. How can they not measure the diameter of a pan??? Then I had to pay $8.95 to return the item, on top of the $7.99 I paid for initial shipping. Customer service was rude, and basically told me too bad. Never shop there. They are the worst online retailer I have ever encountered. With so many online options. Shop some where else!!"

Rep reply posted Feb-24-2017

A rep from Improvements Catalog, ImprovementsCatalog1, has responded

“We apologize for the discrepancy of the product and were as disappointed as the customer to learn of the customer service experience and incorrect information given. We contacted the customer immediately to provide resolution. We are grateful for the opportunity to resolve the issue and make things right. We want our customers to be 100% satisfied and take feedback as an opportunity to further improve our products and experience. We hope we have regained trust back!”

2017-01-18

Won't give me a refund!

"I bought sunshades from this company and when I returned the items ( the shades would not retract properly) I was issued a gift certificate instead of a credit to my Visa card. I contacted the company and was told they would void the gift certificate and would credit my Visa. I checked with my card company and there was no credit from Improvements. When I called them again I was told that I had the shades over 90 days and a gift certificate was all they could do. I don't want the gift certificate because I'm never going to buy anything from Improvements after this. ***I was contacted by Diane Haberstich at Improvements corporate office, she arranged for a full refund plus a $50 gift certificate. Talk about going above and beyond! I plan on purchasing from Improvements in the future. This is how you retain a customer. Thanks Diane!"

Rep reply posted Jan-30-2017

A rep from Improvements Catalog, ImprovementsCatalog1, has responded

“Thank you so much for giving us the opportunity to provide a satisfactory resolution for you! I hope you find something wonderful that delights you!”

2017-01-15

Customer Service Manager Redeemed

"I am updating my review from 1 to 4 stars. After submitting this review a Manager contacted me and took care of the situation. They credited my account for the complete pair of reindeer. They did not have stock as it is seasonal, but the fact they credited my credit card in its entirety is great.
My only comment is it would be better overall (and I would have provided 5 stars) if the first level customer service reps at least checked with Supervisor or management level before just responding with a hard and fast "No". Ultimately, they took care of the situation and because of that I will be back.

We ordered the glittering, light up champagne reindeer Dec 1, 2016. These were expensive ($100 each, so $200 total). So for light up reindeer, the most expensive I have seen as compared to Target, Home Depot, Ace hardware and other places. We got around to decorating and plugging them in on December 15. On Jan 2 when we went to take down the decorations noticed the front leg lights of the reindeer were not working. We tried to replace the bulls, tried to tighten bulbs all around, but could not get the lights to work. The products, only 2 weeks into functioning, just weren't working. I WOULD EXPECT FOR $100 EACH THAT THEY WOULD LAST MORE THAN 2 WEEKS!!!
Despite Improvements web site stating " At Improvements, we're committed to providing products that perform as promised." That is a complete falsity!!!! They are not committed to providing this and they flat out said "sorry you claimed this after 30 days and there is nothing we can do."
Even though this companies Exchange policy is " If you're not happy with your purchase for any reason, let us know and we'll make it right. Simply return it within 90 days and we'll gladly replace it (providing the product is in stock) or refund your money (excluding S&H). The choice is yours. In addition, for up to a year from the date of purchase, you can exchange any item for the same product (providing it is in stock) or for a merchandise credit in the form of a gift certificate."

AGAIN, A FALSITY! Zero willingness to exchange a product less than 2 months old. I WASNT EVEN ASKING FOR A CREDIT....JUST A PRODUCT EXCHANGE. But they would not help!!
BE WARY OF DEALING WITH THIS COMPANY. THEY CHARGE TOP DOLLAR BUT PROVIDE BOTTOM LEVEL CUSTOMER SERVICE

2017-01-07

False Promises

"I received their IMPROVEMENTS Winter 2017 catalogue just after the first of the year. They were offering different sizes and types of storage bags for Christmas ornaments. I put together an order that added up to over $250, The catalog has a black band on the bottom of the cover which advertises 20% off of any purchase over $75. When I entered the code in at check out, it did not deduct anything. I called their number and explained to the nice lady in their order department. She entered my order into her system, then entered the Promo Code. She told me that the offer does not begin until January 17th. I have read the catalog cover to cover. On the back cover next to my address it tells the postmaster to deliver between January 3rd - 5th. It gives an expiry date of January 30th. The only indicator of when the offer starts is the 'Order Now' on the back cover. I cannot believe that I am the first person to try to take advantage of this offer and that the problem has not been addressed! The person who tried to place the order for me could do nothing about it because the system says the deal begins on January 17th. This comes across as dishonest. I am fed up with companies who come across as dishonest or throw out conditions after-the fact. I have decided to do business elsewhere. It is a shame because there were several other items in the catalog for the home that I was interested in."

Rep reply posted Jan-16-2017

A rep from Improvements Catalog, ImprovementsCatalog1, has responded

We reached out the customer immediately to understand what happened. The offer in question was valid at the time of the catalog, and we are very sorry that the promotion did not ring up correctly. We are always open to feedback, and appreciate the opportunity to make things right. We encouraged the reviewer to contact us so we could provide a satisfactory resolution. We would love the opportunity to fix the situation and stand behind our service.”

2016-12-21

Bait & Switch!

"I ordered a 14" x 48" x 2.5" cushion. It arrived and only measured 12". I notified them of the problem and of my intention to return/exchange it and they said " It was noted in the listing that "there will be slight variations in sizes due to stuffing." That's a 15% difference in the advertised dimensions and it's not gonna work on a 14" bench. They had a disclaimer so they didn't care. Don't do business with this company. I could have found a 12" cushion anywhere but I paid more from this company because they claimed to have a 14" deep cushion. They lied. ****A full refund was processed after I posted this review***""

Rep reply posted Dec-21-2016

A rep from Improvements Catalog, ImprovementsCatalog1, has responded

“We were very concerned to hear that an item did not meet expectations. We stand behind every product we offer, and appreciate the feedback when an item does not measure up. We reached out to the customer immediately to discern the situation and provide quick resolution. We hope that the resolution was satisfactory and that we can be given another opportunity to delight!”

2016-12-17

Christmas Scrooge

"I bought urn fillers and will never buy from Improvements Catalog again. They cost me $91. I bought identical ones yet they looked different. One had two big pine cones on it yet the other had none. One had an ornament that was peeling and that was horribly mis-shaped. When I called customer service they rebated me $9! Said I had to pay to ship it back myself if I wanted to return it. I guess that is what my loyalty is worth to them: $9 or nothing. I chose the $9. "

Rep reply posted Dec-19-2016

A rep from Improvements Catalog, ImprovementsCatalog1, has responded

“We are so sorry to hear about your negative experience. We understand how disappointing it would be to get a damaged product after looking forward to displaying it for the holidays. After speaking with you and providing a satisfactory resolution, we hope that you'll give us another chance to delight you! ”

2016-12-13

HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE

"I placed an order on 11/24/16 for ONE Giant Inflatable Color Changing Christmas Tree (Item SKU: 418442). I never received a detailed order confirmation, just a generic one stating that my order had been received so I didn’t see the duplicate product until I received the package on 11/29/16. When I received the package(s) there were two of the same item(s) and I only ordered one. I have sent three e-mails, the first two inquiring on how to proceed with returning the duplicate item. I never received a reply but I found out how to proceed with a return on their website. I shipped the item back to the company with the included pre-paid return label (that comes out of your refund, which shouldn't since I only ordered ONE item) on 11/30/16 and I tracked the package and it arrived six days ago on 12/07/16 and I have still yet to receive a refund or any communication from the company regarding the return. The item is no longer on their website so I can't leave a review directly on their site. Once this company gets your money they don't care to even respond to customer e-mails unless it takes over 3 weeks to write back to a customers emails!!!"

Rep reply posted Dec-16-2016

A rep from Improvements Catalog, ImprovementsCatalog1, has responded

“We are so sorry to hear about your experience! We looked into your order and was successfully able to fully refund you for the return on 12/13. Since this was our error, we did not deduct any return fees. We tried to reach you via email and phone and left our contact information. Hopefully, this resolves any concerns and we've regained your trust in us! Thank you for your feedback, as it helps us to identify opportunities to continuously improve the customer experience. ”

2016-10-27

The worst customer service ever and bad product

"Sent me a defective chair. Then, wanted me to disassemble the defective chair, send it back to them in a flat box, and assemble a new chair. I tried to do that (after waiting months for the new chair to arrive), and I found that the paint/finish was pealing off. I called them back, and they wanted me to send that chair back. I even talked to a supervisor, and they said I might have to pay someone to disassemble the chairs, and that they wouldn't reimburse me to do that. They said if I didn't do that, they'd charge my credit card for the replacement chair. I explained how outrageous this was, and they didn't care. They said to either pay them for the replacement chairs, or pay someone to disassemble them and mail them back to the company. They said if they had to, they would send this issue to Collections!
This is the company that sent me a defective and a pealing wood chair. They didn't care how inconvenient what they were doing to me was. I am shocked at how badly they dealt with this situation. They wouldn't refund me, and actually threatened to charge my credit card again.

Don't buy from them! They have poor quality items, and will try to get you to pay more for replacing the bad items they sent you.

This company should be ashamed of itself. I worked in customer service for 15 years, and would never treat a customer this way. If you make a mistake, you fix it, you don't make your customer fix your mistakes.

Rep reply posted Oct-31-2016

A rep from Improvements Catalog, ImprovementsCatalog1, has responded

“We were sorry to hear about your disappointing service! We have an exceptional product offering, and our goal is for 100% satisfaction with our products and our service. After speaking with you and reviewing your situation, we were able to provide you with a resolution that you were pleased with. Thanks for your feedback! We hope you'll continue to shop with us in the future.”

2016-04-11

Sadly suckered

"Words cannot express how disappointed and disgusted I am with how you do business. If shipping was 13.95 to send me an item of obviously poor quality and inconsistent color, how in the world is it double that amount to return ship the very same items to you? I will never order from you again and will take every opportunity to provide honest negative reviews and feedback on multiple forums about your business and missing customer service and dishonest practices. You give online shopping a bad name!

Kelly

Rep reply posted Apr-12-2016

A rep from Improvements Catalog, ImprovementsCatalog1, has responded

“At Improvements, our mission is to provide exceptional products with quality service. We were saddened to hear about this negative experience, and reached out to the customer immediately to rectify the situation. We researched and confirmed the customer was given a full refund for all items returned, including shipping fees. We were pleased to provide immediate resolution and hope she'll continue to shop with us!”

2016-04-07

Resolved! Thank you!

"On February 3,2016 Improvement Catalogs had a sale of 40% off of their entire outlet store. My order consisted of:
2-Fleece bed protectors full/queen Burgundy Item: 486079BRG total: $16.74
1-Fleece bed protector full/queen Chocolate Item:486079 CHC total: $8.37
1-Zippered Vinyl table cover-Med Watercolor Item: 457909 WAT total: $2.98
1-Zippered Vinyl table cover-Med Burlwood Item:457909 BUR total: $2.98
1-Plush Furn. Protector-XL Sofa Chocolate Item: 443689 CHC total: $14.99
Shipping & handling $13.95
Total - All with a shipping date of Feb. 5 $60.01
When I had not received my items by February 29th I emailed customer service and Emily R stated it had been held up in shipping and that for my trouble she had removed $10.95 from my total which then brought my total to $49.06, I thought this was nice, little did I know that when she went into my invoice and added that credit all my items then reverted back to the "FULL PRICE". So I finally received my order on March 23, 2016 with an invoice of $83.83! and without my Couch Protector and not even mentioned on the invoice in the order! I thought I will just call and get this cleared up, WRONG! Shelly M was quite brief putting it mildly and stated that the couch protector was no longer available (really, a month and half later) and that she had enclosed a new invoice and guess what it was $83.83 as well!!!! So at this point I have emailed and spoken to customer service 3 times (Jeananne, Denise , Shelly). Their only response is sorry for the confusion and I still don't have my billing corrected! My original bill was $60.01 - $10.95 (courtesy refund, ha) - $14.95 (couch protector I never received) = $34.07 but my bill is still $50.81. I don't get it, I have emailed them my original bill and have gotten nothing but the run around!! This is basic math people and I would think that my original invoice from my online order should have cleared this up! Nope they are still not responding with any clear answers! The sad thing is that I have order a few time before from Improvements Catalog but NO MORE NOW! It is now April 8th and I still have not gotten anything but "I am sorry for the confusion". This will be my last order with them! Received a call from customer service Friday "at work" 4:14PM. Have left one message on Monday. Tried calling Tuesday voicemail again, hopefully 3rd times a charm! RESOLVED, the Woman who is in charge of issues whether billing or product concerns fixed the problem. She was very, very nice. I understand that the computer just kicked it back to full price after the first time I contacted Customer service. I do understand this was a very complicated issue and am very thankful that it has been cleared up. As I said before I have ordered from Improvements Catalog before and have "ALWAYS" been satisfied before both with pricing and quality. Thank you again Diane for resolving this issue. I do really appreciate it!

2016-04-05

Extremely Poor Customer Service!

"Placed a fairly large order on Saturday. At the time of the order they were offering a promotion discount of 15%. I utilized this discount, but the following Monday received an offer for 25% off. The order had not shipped on Monday, but I was unable to call until Tuesday. They stated that because the order had shipped the day I called, they were unable to honor the increased discount. I'm not sure what shipping has to do with any discount, but feel that I am getting ripped off and they are providing extremely poor customer service. I will NEVER order from this company again!!"

Rep reply posted Apr-21-2016

A rep from Improvements Catalog, ImprovementsCatalog1, has responded

“We were very disappointed to hear about this experience, and reached out to the customer to help and provide resolution. We're committed to 100% satisfaction of both our products and customer service experience, and always want to do the right thing. We appreciate the feedback, as it helps us to grow and perfect the overall experience.”

Share Improvements Catalog's store rating

Improvements Catalog is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Improvements Catalog is a merchant member
Improvements Catalog participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 3,407 merchant members.