Stores > Improvements Catalog

Product & services pricing Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.08/10 2.08/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10

"Although customer service was very friendly, I am very disappointed to hear that they not only wouldn't replace the broken stand on the pull-up Christmas tree, but they also wouldn't sell me another stand!! I bought it at the end of the season last year with hundreds of dollars of other items, so I never put it up till now. One leg of the stand was pulled off the center, so the tree leans to one side. They suggested I take the stand to a local Christmas tree store to see if they would sell me a stand. So disappointed! What kind of customer service is that?! Guess they don't care about return customers. I won't ever buy from Improvements again."

This review was modified by DrMom2 on November 25 2015 11:24:52 AM

"Customer service is PAINFULLY SLOW to respond to emails. Tried to cancel my order, but CS didn't respond until AFTER the items were delivered. I do have to give them credit for their rapid shipping."

ImprovementsCatalog, Improvements Catalog rep has responded

“Our customers are very important to us, and we want to provide fast and timely service. We’re pleased that we were able to address and successfully resolve this customer’s issue. We were also able to provide an additional discount since the item went on sale. He was so delighted that he decided to keep the items and felt we provided excellent customer service. He was very pleased with the outreach and resolution and he advised that he would revise his post to reflect his satisfaction when he has the opportunity.”

"Return policy is a joke. I bought a dog bed canvass replacement. By mistake I ordered the canopy $14.95 + $7.95 shipping. So I get the return only to have the "label fee" which is NEVER quantified on the site anywhere. of $10.95 applied and I get a refund of $4.04. How's that for a rip off?

Done with these people. It's not like the merchandise is being sold a bargain prices.

"Do not buy from this company.

Bought wood dog crate. . Falling apart. Asked to replace door and they did. My son thru the box out not knowing what was inside. I called and asked to send another and I WILL PAY. They said no.

My problem is the lack of care with this company, the smug attitude that their rep Robert Walton gave me(by the way he is not even with improvements he is with some cover company called connerstone. ) Also when the manufacturing company called me to ask where I wanted the first door sent he said that they had PLENTY of doors as sometimes they break off thru negligence. The connerstone rep Robert Walton, said he cannot sell me parts. I said fine , can I get the name of the company who built it so I can get it thru there he refused.
Let me sum it up. If you buy at Improvements and your warentee is up you are screwed. Not only will they not help you BUT they REFUSE to let you talk to anyone who will. What kind of a third rate company does that.

Things happen. Items break under warrantee and out of warrantee. The company is only as good as how it treats its customers. An imptovements and connerstone are borderline pathetic.

Furthermore I explained to him that the side is also falling apart .I offered to send him photos and Robert Walton said he will see what he can do. I THINK WE ALL KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS.

So I have a crate with no door on it. I have to but a chair in front of the crate to keep my dog in. The are considering sending a warrantee side panel which if I do get it the crate dose me know good since they refused to sell me another door. I feel that they just do not want to be bothered and want to sell you another part. Come to find out that improvements is VERY EXPENSIVE. I found the same crate on Hayneedle.com for HALF the price. It seems that from my experience this is just one of those companies like SKYMALL that have a lot of items you can get somewhere else if you just do the homework. And I am sure you will DEFITNITLY be treated better.

Don't make the same mistake I did by buying from improvements

ImprovementsCatalog, Improvements Catalog rep has responded

“We stand behind our products and want our customers to be delighted for years to come. Although this item was outside of warranty, we’re pleased to report that we were able to address the customer’s issue and send him a replacement dog door at our cost. He was very pleased with the outreach and resolution and said that he would revise his post soon to reflect his satisfaction.”

"EUCALYPTUS FOLDING ARMLESS CHAIR - This chair looks great once put together, but the assembly of this chair is a nightmare! There is so little clearance between the pieces of wood that putting the four washers in place during the assembly took two people and over an hour for each chair...and I had four chairs to assemble. If I had known how difficult, frustrating, and time consuming the assembly would be, I never would have purchased this product. The matching table was ready to go. Why on earth would the manufacturer not sell the chairs the same way?"

ImprovementsCatalog, Improvements Catalog rep has responded

“We appreciate and value feedback on our products. We want assembly to be user-friendly and as easy as possible. We reached out to the customer to provide additional support. She was extremely pleased with the quality of the chairs and table once assembled, and wanted us to have feedback for future products offered. We have passed along her feedback to management for consideration.”

"My wife ordered the Bedrocks Lawn Border System for a flower bed border. Delivery was within five days of the order, but the package was not as represented in the catalog: sufficient stakes needed to fill the holes and hold the border in place were not included in the package. This makes the Bedrocks System unstable and unsightly. I am very disappointed in this purchase."

"I will never order from Improvements Catalog again!!! I ordered a table cloth and it was the wrong size. I decided to return it for a refund. They sent a label that you have to use to return it. My tablecloth was $16.19 and my shipping was $7.95, which is a total of $24.14. They charged $8.95 for returning it. They refunded me only $7.24! Also, I had to pay $3.17 for a bubble mailer to ship it back. I always purchase thing online and I never had a problem with any other online stores. I am very disappointed!!!"

"Ivy Faux privacy fence.
NO way could finish my project without it. great value for great product. Will need more in the next month or two.

Rep reply posted Mar-30-2015

ImprovementsCatalog, Improvements Catalog rep has responded

“Thank you for the nice comment and for letting us know. We're very glad we could help!”

"I ordered several different tinsel lighted outdoor decorations in July. Stupidly, I did not carefully inspect them until we started putting them together yesterday in preparation of putting them up day after Thanksgiving.
I ordered a Bambi and Thumper display as well as some Cardinals. Although I had to glue the ears, Bambi came with directions, the required pieces needed to put it together and stake it to the ground. Thumper on the other hand, looked like it had been sent back used to Improvements and they just resold it. It was worn with holes in it, had no directions, nothing to hold it together, and no stakes to hold it to the ground.
The cardinals are ripped along the seams and need to be completely resewn, the wings are detached and there is no way to attach them to the body of the bird.
I am so disappointed and angry. Angry at Improvements for passing off defective, obviously used merchandise, and mad at myself for not inspecting them thoroughly as soon as they arrived. It is too late to return them so I've thrown a lot of money away. Still have a couple more displays to put together. Have my fingers crossed that they will be in decent shape with all of the parts.Do not remember exact order dates.

***I don't know how to comment on the response to my review by Improvements Catalog, so I am just adding to this original review. I just want to say that I was very happily surprised to hear from Improvements and they were very concerned that I was not satisfied with my purchase. Although, it'd been months since the original purchase, they offered to discount my purchase or accept them as a return and reimburse the payment. I chose the discount because I'd already repaired the items myself, and put them out in the yard.
Improvements promptly credited my discount. I was very impressed at how quickly they responded to my review and offered solutions. I will have no reservations about ordering through Improvements again now that I know if something is wrong, they want to make it right. Excellent customer service!

Rep reply posted Jan-08-2015

ImprovementsCatalog, Improvements Catalog rep has responded

“We’re very happy to report that we were able to resolve this customer’s issue to her satisfaction. As happens with every retailer from time to time, occasionally, despite our best efforts, a customer will receive defective merchandise. We called her, apologized for her experience with the product and gave her the option of replacing it or keeping it at a discounted price. She elected to keep it and we made the agreed upon price adjustment reflecting this. She commented that she was surprised that a company actually cared; we’re surprised there are companies that don’t.
If anyone else ever has a negative experience with an Improvements product, please, first, let us know there’s a problem and give us a chance to resolve it before publishing a complaint. We stand behind our products, our service, and our commitment to the satisfaction of our customers. Thanks!

And thank you Texanna33 for taking the trouble to post the very nice follow up to your original review!
We're very glad we were able to resolve your issue and, again, apologize for the inconvenience.”

I placed an order for 5 lights. 3 were defective. They issued a credit for those three and sent me three new ones (at a charge, of course). When those arrived none of them worked. I called for RA #s and sent them ALL back. I was assured I would receive a FULL refund. After several calls and a lot of time on the phone, I still have not received a refund. I have been given various excuses as to why. Different excuse every time I call.
I will say the lights looked nice - too bad they didn't work. So I guess if you want to order something that has no function other than looking pretty, order away. But, I wouldn't.

Rep reply posted Oct-16-2014

ImprovementsCatalog, Improvements Catalog rep has responded

“We're very sorry for the experience you had and try hard to make sure that our customers are happy with the products they've purchased from us, are treated courteously, and any issues that arise are dealt with quickly and in a satisfactory manner.

As an update to your original posting, we're pleased that we were ultimately able to resolve your issue and, again, apologize for how long it took and how much trouble you had to go through.

We value your business and hope you will consider shopping with us again in the future.”

"Ordered 3 items from them. Had a problem with only one- providence shoe and boot bench. Assembling it was a bit harder than any other shelf ive ever assembled because of the way the pieces locked into each other but I managed. However because the entire back piece of the bench did not fit all the way in, the entire bench
has an unsightly gap on the bottom and on the
top. I took the entire unit apart twice and put it
together three times to try and tighten the pieces
as much as possible but to no avail. Emailed improvcatalog and basically had no reply. Called them and was offered either $25 off or return the unit for a full refund. Was hugely disappointed with the amount of work and time it took when i paid for a new piece of unit. Instead i got a lemon and now i get to decide on the less crappier of the two alternatives im left with.

Rep reply posted May-14-2014

ImprovementsCatalog, Improvements Catalog rep has responded

“Improvements customer service has e-mailed the customer to discuss the situation and work to provide a resolution to the problem with the furniture piece. To date, the customer has not responded to our two inquiries. Improvements is committed to providing products that perform as promised; should a product fail to meet our customers’ expectations, we will work with them to make it right.”

"i ordered on the 8/16 and paid extra for 2 day shipping. its been 7 days and i haven't received my order. i call them today 8/23 and they say it will ship on 8/26 and arrive on 8/28. thats 12 days not 2. they never sent me an email saying there would be a delay. will not order from improvements again.
Update:8/24 after talking on the phone with them and getting a ship date of 8/26, the next day i finally got an email saying there would be a delay the new ship date is 9/2.
Update: 8/30 received email saying my order has shipped

"Ordered a steamer chair cushion from Improvements.com. The cushion arrived in good condition and on time. Didnt have any issues with my order. Cushions were good quality and exactly as advertised!"

"improvementscatalog.com: I received the Cabidor Behind Door Storage (7 shelf) and was extremely disappointed. The unit seems sturdy however it was damaged. On the solid portion that would face everyone, there was an 8"x 3.5" area that was marred. On the top of the same side, there is also a 3" area of a flawed finish. On the very top portion that has the shelves, there is an indented half inch scar that was painted over. It is as if someone damaged it then painted over it without trying to fill it. This is just to the point of where I unwrapped it, only half way. I called customer service; Nicole assisted. I was not pleased with her customer service skills either. She was focused on defending the item and without giving me time to speak she went into great detail on the number attempts for the item to be picked up. She could have saved both of time by just letting me tell her it would be ready for pick up the next morning. She stated that it's a popular item and that this is an uncommon problem. It would be April 20th before another could be shipped. Unacceptable as I had to wait extra weeks for this one. Either Improvements does not quality check items before shipping or they have no qualms about shipping imperfect products. An item of this size and price should be flawless. It was ordered 2/21 with an original availability date of March 13 then shipping was pushed back.; received 4/2; returned for a full refund on 4/3. I am happy that they gave me a full refund, including shipping and I did not have to pay for the return shipping cost. Overall, this was a huge disappointment and a much larger inconvenience!!"

This review was modified by mahreenah on May 01 2013 10:59:46 AM

Share Improvements Catalog's store rating

Improvements Catalog is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Improvements Catalog is a merchant member
Improvements Catalog participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 2,678 merchant members.