• Address: 5566 West Chester RoadWest Chester
    • Contact: custserv@improvementscatalog.com
    • Phone: 800-634-9484
    • Customer Support: 800-634-9484

"DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS SITE!
I placed an order for 5 lights. 3 were defective. They issued a credit for those three and sent me three new ones (at a charge, of course). When those arrived none of them worked. I called for RA #s and sent them ALL back. I was assured I would receive a FULL refund. After several calls and a lot of time on the phone, I still have not received a refund. I have been given various excuses as to why. Different excuse every time I call.
I will say the lights looked nice - too bad they didn't work. So I guess if you want to order something that has no function other than looking pretty, order away. But, I wouldn't.

modified review Rep reply posted Oct-16-2014

ImprovementsCatalog, Improvements Catalog rep has responded

“We're very sorry for the experience you had and try hard to make sure that our customers are happy with the products they've purchased from us, are treated courteously, and any issues that arise are dealt with quickly and in a satisfactory manner.

As an update to your original posting, we're pleased that we were ultimately able to resolve your issue and, again, apologize for how long it took and how much trouble you had to go through.

We value your business and hope you will consider shopping with us again in the future.”

"Ordered 3 items from them. Had a problem with only one- providence shoe and boot bench. Assembling it was a bit harder than any other shelf ive ever assembled because of the way the pieces locked into each other but I managed. However because the entire back piece of the bench did not fit all the way in, the entire bench
has an unsightly gap on the bottom and on the
top. I took the entire unit apart twice and put it
together three times to try and tighten the pieces
as much as possible but to no avail. Emailed improvcatalog and basically had no reply. Called them and was offered either $25 off or return the unit for a full refund. Was hugely disappointed with the amount of work and time it took when i paid for a new piece of unit. Instead i got a lemon and now i get to decide on the less crappier of the two alternatives im left with.

modified review Rep reply posted May-14-2014

ImprovementsCatalog, Improvements Catalog rep has responded

“Improvements customer service has e-mailed the customer to discuss the situation and work to provide a resolution to the problem with the furniture piece. To date, the customer has not responded to our two inquiries. Improvements is committed to providing products that perform as promised; should a product fail to meet our customers’ expectations, we will work with them to make it right.”

"I have bought COMFORT DEEP SEAT CUSHION SET. I was not happy with the items quality. ORIGINALY I HAVE PAID $24.95 FOR SHIPPING. WHEN I RETURNED THE ITEM THEY HAVE CHARGED ME DOUBLE THE PRICE FOR SHIPPING. THIEFS, THEY MAKE MONEY ON SHIPPING.
THINK TWICE WHEN YOU DEAL WITH Improvements.
DO NOT RECOMEND. COSTUMER SERVICE IS NOT VERY FRIENDLY.
WILL NOT DO BUSSINESS EVER AGAIN WITH Improvements.

"i ordered on the 8/16 and paid extra for 2 day shipping. its been 7 days and i haven't received my order. i call them today 8/23 and they say it will ship on 8/26 and arrive on 8/28. thats 12 days not 2. they never sent me an email saying there would be a delay. will not order from improvements again.
Update:8/24 after talking on the phone with them and getting a ship date of 8/26, the next day i finally got an email saying there would be a delay the new ship date is 9/2.
Update: 8/30 received email saying my order has shipped

"Ordered a steamer chair cushion from Improvements.com. The cushion arrived in good condition and on time. Didnt have any issues with my order. Cushions were good quality and exactly as advertised!"

"improvementscatalog.com: I received the Cabidor Behind Door Storage (7 shelf) and was extremely disappointed. The unit seems sturdy however it was damaged. On the solid portion that would face everyone, there was an 8"x 3.5" area that was marred. On the top of the same side, there is also a 3" area of a flawed finish. On the very top portion that has the shelves, there is an indented half inch scar that was painted over. It is as if someone damaged it then painted over it without trying to fill it. This is just to the point of where I unwrapped it, only half way. I called customer service; Nicole assisted. I was not pleased with her customer service skills either. She was focused on defending the item and without giving me time to speak she went into great detail on the number attempts for the item to be picked up. She could have saved both of time by just letting me tell her it would be ready for pick up the next morning. She stated that it's a popular item and that this is an uncommon problem. It would be April 20th before another could be shipped. Unacceptable as I had to wait extra weeks for this one. Either Improvements does not quality check items before shipping or they have no qualms about shipping imperfect products. An item of this size and price should be flawless. It was ordered 2/21 with an original availability date of March 13 then shipping was pushed back.; received 4/2; returned for a full refund on 4/3. I am happy that they gave me a full refund, including shipping and I did not have to pay for the return shipping cost. Overall, this was a huge disappointment and a much larger inconvenience!!"

modified review This review was modified by mahreenah on May 01 2013 10:59:46 AM

"I will never use Improvements.com again and will tell all of my friends and family, etc. about my bad and costly experience with them.
I ordered a pet protector for my sofa and chair and it was impossible to put on and fit as the arms hung down to the floor and other parts hung over as well. Not at all as depicted in the catalog. Called and was told to return for refund.

It cost over $93.00, $13.95 for shipping (high I thought).

They deducted the S&H PLUS $8.95 TWICE!!!

It took a lot of calling and writing to get someone to admit that I should have been charged $8.95 only once and the credited me as such.

When I asked why was I charged $8.95 at all, I was told it was because I used their return label (What else was I to do when they include it?)

The bottom line is that I spent over $22.00 on items that were very misleading.

Beware before you use them.z1107393-00011

"I ordered several items, didn't like the color of one, returned that item, reordered and received exactly what I wanted. It was 1/4 the price of anything like it that I had found elsewhere. I got it through one of those BradsDeals sites or something and everything worked exactly the way it should. It was a fabulous deal and I've watched their site for similar deals. I'd buy from them again in a flash."

"I have many things from these people over many years and have never had any problems"

"Unlike many companies that provide a return label. I found returning something to these people a huge hassle. I wound up paying almost as much for the ups charges as it cost for the item. I will not be using them again.

When I called them orginally to find out how to send it back, the customer service person said just say you are refusing to accept the item, but UPS refused to accept that and made me pay. I have sent things back to other companies and never had this problem.

"I'm a new customer to the Improvements Catalog, and the product I ordered from the company was EXACTLY what I wanted!! I purchased a bench cushion for my porch swing, and it's the PERFECT color and size. I was a little nervous about ordering it online because the depth wasn't specified there. In addition, I wasn't sure if the discount code I had would kick in, but it did. I was happy with the purchase experience, and I'll enjoy my comfy cushion for a long time to come."

Baton Rouge

"I don't understand the negative reviews here for this store/website. I've been ordering from them for years now and I have never had a problem unresolved.

You just need to communicate with them! I see comments here about coupon/promo codes. It's true they rarely work or show up (if ever), but all you need to do is email them to be sure the code is applied, and it will be. (They say it's applied, but for some reason they don't always let you know this at the site while ordering, and that should be fixed). But again, they'll confirm this in an email if you just ask.

I've also always received order confirmation and shipping emails from them.

On my last order with them, one item on the order didn't work properly. (A set of 3 motion detecting auto-sensor LED lights, where the middle light is supposed to "communicate" with the outside two and automatically come on. It does not, but the outside two work fine). While emailing them about this on how to send it back and trying to determine if this was a problem item for them, (and they said it was not), they just shipped another set out to me FREE OF CHARGE. They said I could either keep the other set (and be charged for ONE), or send it back using the INCLUDED return label for a refund, while keeping the second set they sent.

Prior to placing this order I got a email promo code from them that I wanted to use, but couldn't order until a question was answered about a product I potentially wanted to order. By the time they replied, the code had expired but they offered to give me FREE SHIPPING on the order, which was even better than the original promo!

I've found these points to be typical of my experiences with them and why I keep coming back to order.

"OMG NEVER ORDER FROM Improvements! This company totally gave me the run around when it came to being reimbursed for my outdoor curtain panel order. There was nothing wrong with the panels themselves they just did not work out to be what I needed for my outdoor space. I followed the return policy form provided with my purchase. The item was shipped back in its original packaging and the provided return label was used. After waiting and waiting and still not reviving my money back I contacted improvements directly. After multiply calls on many different days and being given the run around and different answers every time I called I did receive partial reimbursement. Now I'm dealing with why I did not receive my full amount back and was told I would receive an email 24 hours later explaining. Try five days later I received promised email, which by the way explained nothing. All it did was state the obvious, and that was how much I was reimbursed. Grrrrr!!!! Finally after several more frustrating calls I did receive the rest of my money minus shipping. Well it has yet to show up in my account so lets see if this is the end of my dealing with a POORLY ran company. It should not be this difficult to do proper business. Head my words NEVER TRUST IMPROVEMENTS!!!!! YOU WILL REGRET IT!!!!! "

"Do not order from this site"

modified review This review was modified by ralph3113 on June 11 2010 07:42:58 PM

"HORRIBLE customer service. First, sent the wrong items after giving the proper item # and a CLEAR conversation about which item I needed for a bad back. Then, was told I had to ship the heavy chaise lounge and cushion back to them via UPS myself...which I did....with that same bad back. Bottom line: I was lied to about their return process and then charged for returned shipping when I was told I would be reimbursed. In truth, I should pursue them for physical therapy charges since they told me to lift the chaise and mail it myself. DO NOT ORDER FROM IMPROVEMENTS.COM. If they decide to give good customer service, I will be back to edit this comment. For perspective, this is the first time I've ever been angry enough to comment on a customer review site."

modified review This review was modified by Chaise on May 23 2010 10:09:45 AM

Improvements Catalog is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Improvements Catalog is a merchant member
Improvements Catalog participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,861 merchant members.