• Impact Guns

Chance of future purchase: Rating 5.91/10 5.91/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 6.00/10 6.00/10
    Customer service: Rating 5.83/10 5.83/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10

"Like so many others who havae worked with Impact on FFL transfers, my experience has been very disappointing. I went with them because they are close and to home, BAD IDEA! I ordered two commemorative deployment guns from the manufacturer while I was deployed in Iraq. After the initial call to get the transfer set up between the FFL's, Impact won't return calls to provide status updates and are generally unhelpful and unfriendly. There are a lot of other places to conduct business with out there. Avoid Impact. They are not interested in providing customer service. "

modified review This review was modified by james_gaskill on May 07 2015 07:06:59 PM

"I just read all the reviews here. There are several 1 Star reviews, most of those due to Internet purchases.
I have not used their website. I walk into their retail store in Boise, Idaho. I deal with one salesguy, LeRoy, a former law enforcement fellow. He knows his stuff and could not be more friendly or helpful.
I've purchased two guns in there and have had nothing but the very best of experiences.
Given the background checks necessary, gun purchases take some time. This is to say, while I have been waiting for the transactions to complete, I have watched the other personnel in there dealing with customers. Their location in Boise is very busy, partly due to the fact that they have an indoor range. All the customer care, customer service "transactions" I have personally seen are just great. The staff bends over backwards to treat their customers well. If anything is "haunting" this business, it is the simply fact that they are busy as hell.

"I ordered a gun from Impact, and then saw this pile of negative reviews and got a little nervous. Thankfully my experience was flawless. They shipped the gun out a day earlier than promised, and the gun was clean and new... just like it should be."

modified review This review was modified by MattW0427 on April 17 2015 03:56:12 PM

"I was very impressed with the quick, flawless service and delivery of my M&P 9MM. "

modified review This review was modified by islandstar on February 25 2015 08:31:40 PM

"I had placed an order with Impact Guns on late Monday afternoon. I purchased a new S&W Shield 9mm pistol as they had the best price that I could have found.

That evening I told my friends of the purchase and one person asked whether I had looked at the reviews of this company? I said no and I reviewed the next day.... I was very much concerned.

Too my surprise, I called the company's customer support and was connected right away to a sales rep as I wanted to verify that the gun was indeed in stock.

The sales rep was able to not only confirm that the gun was in stock but it was slated to be shipped later that night. The next day I received a ship confirmation email and received the run Friday afternoon.

My FFL dealer said that he does a lot of business with this company and never had an issue. I am writing this as to give praise to this company and I would not hesitate to do business with them again. I suggest that you check it out for yourself if you are still skeptical.

"Before I purchased I was VERY apprehensive to buy from impactguns.com due to the many bad reviews. I made my purchase the day before New year's eve and didnt expect much. I even called to check on the order and received a very un-enthused response from the call taker and found out that the gun had to come from THEIR distributer not their factory. All this being said, I received the gun in approx 2 weeks. Not bad for holiday buying, gun arrived in good condition so I really cant say anything bad about them. May purchase again. DONT let the bad reviews keep you away!"

modified review This review was modified by jbfd0736 on January 19 2015 05:47:55 PM

"I called Impact Guns after locating them on the internet while searching for a revolver that was on back order at my local dealer. After double-checking with the lady in their internet sales department that they indeed had the gun, I paid for it. While they don't have a large warehouse area, I was told they would place an order with their supplier to have the gun sent to them for the required paperwork once my local dealer and Impact Guns had exchanged FFL #'s. The exchange of numbers took place the next day and I got confirmation of this via email from Impact. I did get some cold feet after reading a number of negative reviews, so I called Sean Speckman, a guy mentioned by one of the reviewers as being very qualified as well as helpful, who works in the retail store in Ogden, Utah, the same location as the internet sales department. He isn't directly associated with the other sales department, but agreed to walk back to their location and put me with one of the ladies so I would have a name and number of someone I could stay in touch with. Her name, and I'm sure I'm not spelling this correctly, was Taha who proved to be very helpful and understanding.
So here it is 01/14/2015 and my revolver arrived at 3:30 pm. Everything went very smoothly and I'm well pleased with both the price Impact Guns gave me as well as their service. I would buy from them again.

modified review This review was modified by WhoShotLizzy on January 15 2015 12:10:22 PM

"I see all of these negative reviews against Impact Guns, and I'm trying to understand it. Over the years I have purchased guns on 3 separate occasions and I have never experienced these or any problems. The sales staff has been courteous over the years, and my orders have been received in a timely manner. If the item I want is not in stock, I have been given the option and they usually wont charge your card until the item is being shipped..

"I ordered a Springfield XDM on Friday Dec 18th, the money was taken off my card and i ha d a receipt emailed to me, Sunday morning i received an email stating that I needed to have my FFL fax them a copy of his credentials because he was not on file, once they had that they would ship the order. Monday the 22nd I called to confirm that they had received the fax, they looked up my order and told me that it had been voided and canceled because a computer error had caused a mix up in the price, I now have $130.00 night sights for a gun I do not have and the money is not back on my card yet so i cannot replace it. They did not try to make me a deal on another gun, or anything, simply said they canceled my order, never informed me and now i'm out $130.00, this company sucks and the customer service is very rude. Stay away from impact guns!!!!"

modified review This review was modified by Hudflaps34 on December 23 2014 08:10:34 AM

"I have been to Impact for the last time. I went there knowing what i was getting, stood in line at check out while the cashier was B.S.ing with another customer instead of doing his job. Im a pretty patient guy, 15 minutes later i finally found someone to ring me up, Payed with cash and the cashier practically threw all the change on the counter sending it bouncing everywhere. No big deal but i have a broken arm that i cannot use and had to gather the change one by one. I cannot believe how rude and ignorant they are.
Do yourself a favor and go to Kent's Shooters supply on Washington Blvd. They have super friendly staff. Impact is close to my house but for now on i will drive the extra 5 minutes. STAY AWAY FROM IMPACT

"they deceived me on my order to gain my credit card to get my money and lied about my order. don't deal with lairs who care only about getting the sale. three times they bull shi-- me on my order. sad thing is I told everyone at first that I found a honest company. boy was I wrong, lie to me once,its on me lie to me twice its on you but three times. I will go on every blog consumer web site and let people not to deal with liars who only care about getting your credit card number to get that sale.
will be filling a complaint with the BBB and the attorney general's office for fraud deception then every web site I can to let people know not to trust this company.

modified review This review was modified by BrianLJames on November 26 2014 02:26:43 AM

"I ordered a moss berg just in case shotgun. Picked it up at the ffl dealer. Opened it when I got home. The gun had 3 different scratches on the camo. It looked like it had been used. I called impact guns. They told me that since I had left from the dealer I could not return it... And to try thru mossberg warranty. Bullshit. I would not recommend impact guns to my worst enemy ...."

"These people are inept. They can't accurately answer questions about inventory availability, because they don't actually have many of the items in stock, and they do not know their accessories very well."

"Purchased a new 9mm Ruger at Impactguns.com on 7 Sep, it was delivered to local FFL dealer on 16 Sep, new, as described. "

modified review This review was modified by Love-to-Shoot on September 18 2014 03:57:13 AM

Impact Guns User

"I ordered a thousand dollar rifle from them on Aug 20th and they said it would ship ON OR BEFORE Sept 1st, which is almost two weeks after the order. On Sept 2nd they couldn't tell me the status or even if they had the gun in stock, although when I ordered the website clearly stated in stock. So after waiting 13 days I just had to cancel my order. Do not buy from them."

Share Impact Guns's store rating

Impact Guns is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Impact Guns is not a merchant member
Impact Guns does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!