"Ordered something 5 days ago; just got a notice that it's been sent to their shipping center - not shipped, just, maybe, about to be shipped.
Not a good sign.

modified review This review was modified by fredkatz on March 09 2014 03:02:41 PM

"While searching for a particular lock I found Ideal True Value. They had the best price, but I was a little concerned about the bad reviews. I decided to purchase a small amount just to be sure. The locks arrived very quickly and were exactly as ordered. I received great customer service from the first order and Robert goes above and beyond to make sure I get my order quickly and that it is accurate, as well as the best price. He is very customer service-oriented and has responded quickly at various hours and even the on weekends. I have ordered from a lot of companies online and this company cannot be beat for its great customer service. Ideal True Value has a customer for life! I am glad I found them."

modified review This review was modified by JMAC2013 on August 27 2013 03:59:37 PM

"Received quick email indicating shipping information would be forwarded but nothing a week later. No response from their email for shipping inquiry either. Interestingly most reviews are "negative" on here while Amazon rates them 4 out of 5. Obviously Amazon encourages buying from these people to bolster their sales. Once is enough for me."

modified review This review was modified by Sunshine8 on August 02 2013 05:42:35 AM

"I am POed about the length of time it is taking to receive an order. I placed it 1 week ago and just received notice it had shipped. Like others the phone number they gave for customer service put you into voice mail with no satisfactory responses. I wouldn't deal with them again. I thought AT&T was tough to deal with. These folks are very difficult."

"I purchased some shelf brackets from their website on July 1 because they seemed to have the best deal. Two days later I received a "confirmation email" and it stated that a seperate email would be sent to me with a tracking #. On July 7th I still had NOT received a tracking # and emailed the company. Today, July 9th (48 hours after my email) I tried calling the company by the # listed on their webpage - none of the extensions worked & when I got to a voicemail it would hang up on me every time. I searched the internet & found a different # & was transferred to a friendly girl named Brittney who told me my items would ship out this Wednesday (July 11th). I feel that 10 days is an unreasonable amount of time to have item shipped out, especially when its not a large order. I am highly dissatisfied with the ease or UN ease of contacting customer service. I was almost positive that this company had ripped me off for my money. Next time, I will probably pay the extra few dollars to a different company so that I can have my items sent to me in this lifetime. "

"Ordered product on 06/02/2012. Credit card was charged on 06/02/2012 (same day). Received order confirmation on 06/05/2012 indicating the order had been processed and would ship from their Crossett, AR warehouse. Was further advised that I would receive a tracking number when my order shipped. Heard nothing further for over ten (10) days. Sent email on 06/13/2012 requesting status of the order and a shipment confirmation number. Received a canned email on 06/14/2012 stating that my order had shipped and providing me a USPS Priority Mail Tracking Number. I checked with USPS and there was no record of the tracking number they provided. I wrote back that same day (06/14/2012) requesting the precise date it shipped. Received a response from Brittney Taylor on 06/15/2012 providing me the same USPS tracking number and advising me to go to the USPS site to track the order. She did not answer my specific question regarding exactly WHEN THEY SHIPPED IT. A check of the USPS tracking site on the evening of 06/15/2012 shows the shipment was just accepted in their system on that date (06/15/2012) for shipment - TWO WEEKS AFTER IDEAL TRUE VALUE CHARGED MY CREDIT CARD!!! It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that they took my money on 06/02/2012 and did absolutely nothing until I questioned them about the status. They probably would not have shipped if I didn't call them on it. Now they won't give me a straight answer to a simple yet direct question. This place is shady. There is nothing special or unique about the products this outfit supplies. There are plenty of other sources available for the same exact products. I would recommend using someone else. I know I no longer trust IDEAL TRUE VALUE and I would recommend you steer clear of them."

"I was somewhat leery of ordering from Ideal True Value after stories of late shipping, but I decided what the heck since I had four weeks before I needed to use the items I ordered. I ordered on Monday evening and I had my order on Friday the same week."

"I give this company a 6/10. From what I can infer from the e-mails I rec'd, it took them 5 days to notice my order, 7days to finish the order, and 3 days to ship it to me. 15 total to get from AK to Vancouver WA. I'd give this company 10/10 if they could shave 5 days off of the process!? Amazed the shipping was so fast?

Pro's:
Great Prices
Very reasonable/sensable shipping cost

Con's:
Poor communication
Very slow in getting product in timely manner
No packing list (so print out your order)

NOTE: I saved about 40% on these items so the wait was worth it and I will use again but will plan for a timely lead time to rec'g items.

Deatails:
I placed my order on 03/08/2012 (Thur)and didn't get any kind of feedback until I got a processing confirmation e-mail on 03/13/2012 (Tue). I then received a "Tracking/Shipping" notice on 03/19/2012 (Mon). Received the items complete on 03/23/2012(Fri). 15 days total?

"Probably like you, I placed my order, then, concerned about the length of time with no ship notification, started reading reviews. I have to say, I was quite discouraged. Eventually, like 3 weeks or so later, the order came. It was complete and correct.
So, if you are ordering from Ideal, don't purchase anything you need soon. If you are an impatient person, don't order from them at all. Apparently they don't understand the expectations most internet customers have.
The positives: Their prices are very good. I stocked up on a bunch of items I know I will need in the future, and a couple items I can't buy around here at any price. That's why I didn't freak out about the shipping time. The items were well packed. Because I read about the sketchy phone support, I didn't bother trying to call. I just waited and hoped for the best. Apparently being mean, threatening, insulting, kind, sweet, or respectful has no effect on the speed at which your order will be filled.
Now that I know this, I may indeed order from Ideal again, because I like low prices and a good selection.

"Don't purchase from this company. I think this company is very shady. Horrible customer service. I purchased items, they charged my credit card immediately and when I logged in to my account to attempt to review my order, there was no record of my order or history information listed. I contacted the customer service number "Britany" several times and they refuse to call me back. I tried another number and still no return call. I even told them if I didn't hear from them I was contacting the credit card company. I have yet to hear from anyone. It's been 12 days, no calls and no merchandise. I ended up having to contact my credit card company to dispute and to help me get my money back. "

"I ordered a sprinkler part on the 10th and I still dont have it on the 21st. I will never do business with them again"

"I ordered a cooler. Product was excellent and so was the price. Service and shipment were fast.
Will use again.

"I ordered from true value. Immediately got an order confirmation and received my shipment in 3 days.
Very fast service. Very pleased with order.
Will use this store many times in the future.

"Customer support absolutely terrible. Won't answer phones OR return voice mails. I returned an item to them following their procedures and they have not refunded my money, nor have they answered any phone calls or return any voice mails or emails. I am currently out $40+ because of this.

STAY AWAY!!!!!! FAR, FAR AWAY!!!

EDIT: I finally got ahold of them by calling their store's phone number- 1 870 364 4145

"The price was right on a special replacement door handle that I can't find in any walk in stores. It has been 20 days, and no sign of my order being shipped. I received an email immediately after placing the order then.. cricket... cricket... cricket (nothing).

I actually called the 800 number and left voicemails for them to call me back several times, but no one has returned my calls. I was wondering if they might be a phantom company just taking orders without delivering anything, so that is how I ended up on this website.

I need the product i ordered for a deadline that is now fast approaching. I think I am just going to have to order again from another company, then I'll be stuck with duplicates if ITV delivers my order. I just want a full refund from them, including shipping. I don't trust that it's on it's way.

If they do follow through, I would only order from them again if i don't need the item quickly.

Ideal True Value Home Center is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Ideal True Value Home Center is not a merchant member
Ideal True Value Home Center does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!