• Rating 4.67/10 108 reviews

Ibuysonline.com is not a merchant member
    Ibuysonline.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!
  • Ibuysonline.com contact information

Chance of future purchase: Rating 6.67/10 6.67/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 6.67/10 6.67/10
    Customer service: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10

"I buys called me because of an issue with my shipping address. To my surprise they were very knowledgable about the product and got me set up with a better package and helped me get the price down as well. By the way it was for a Nikon D3200 THANK YOU WILLIAM in Customer Service. You guys are great."

modified review This review was modified by jwarren111 on December 09 2013 09:09:43 AM

"DO NOT BUY FROM THIS STORE. I ordered a camera. They tried to upsell, and when i refused they apparently never put the order in. They never billed my credit card, but I also waited weeks with no contact from this merchant. When I called customer service (twice) they left me on hold then hung up on me both times. "

modified review This review was modified by larv on November 07 2013 08:50:46 AM

"Very helpfull,knowlegable about the product I purchased."

modified review This review was modified by Buddy3776 on October 31 2013 08:53:22 AM

"Fast shipping, Great prices, Will purchase more again thank you for the great customer service."

modified review This review was modified by MichealA on September 27 2013 11:10:36 AM

"FRADULENT SITE/SCAME SITE. Stay away. I ordered a plasma TV and they called to upsell me other items and never notified me of shipping the TV. I emailed to cancel my order and am contacting the BBB"

modified review This review was modified by adenny on September 11 2013 07:33:10 PM

"The website was easy to use and navigate. The product that I received was exactly what was displayed on the website"

"Similar to the review right before mine, I ordered a T3 Canon package on 4/30/13, and as of today, 06/27/13, it has not arrived. I also got the "verify" call, where they tried to upsell me into buying other products. I'm guessing since I did not buy any add-ons, my satisfaction is no longer their concern.

I have spoke with their customer service 3 times and have e-mailed them 4 times, and the only response they have given me is that they are "waiting for a new shipment to arrive." Well, I have been nearly 2 months without a good camera and have missed capturing photos of several events with my kids. I just e-mailed them to cancel my order and that I will be contacting the BBB, which I intend to do. Please do not do business with this company!

modified review This review was modified by UnhappyinOmaha on June 27 2013 05:25:17 PM

"To start off I purchased a Canon T3 bundle package and received an email saying I needed to call in to "Verify" my order. After I called in I was informed that my Bundle didn't include a battery or charger & had to purchase that seperatly. After contacting Canon I was informed that they do not sell the T3 without a charger and battery so they are taking them out of the box's and selling them back too you. I went ahead and placed my order anyway on May 12 it is June 11th and still have not received my order. I contacted ibuysonline through their website twice with no response other than the "we have received your e-mail" confirmation. I also called and spoke with customer service ( I use that term lightly ) and was told they were going to find out what happned and give me a call back or an e-mail. Guess what I got back........That's right you guessed it nothing. No phone call, No e-mail. So I have contacted someone that does listen to me. My bank and had to dispute the charge in order to get my money back. I wouldn't buy anything from these people again. Terrible Customer Service unethical sales practices. If I could give them a negative rating I would."

modified review This review was modified by Cplmackk on June 11 2013 09:11:20 AM

"Issues with ibuysonline resolved and I am now satisfied."

modified review This review was modified by Goldbeda on June 07 2013 10:44:19 AM

"This is a SHAM business! And for the record, I WILL BE FILING A COMPLAINT TO THE BBB. They are selling their listed items for a very cheap price compared to other businesses. To begin with, when you order an item, they require that you voice verify your credit card information and use opportunity as a tactic to pressure you into making extra purchases. This is the first time i've ever felt genuinely uncomfortable making a transaction online. They don't take NO for an answer. The gentleman I dealt with initially (Alan Parrott), was so persistent on making an additional sale. When he told me that the camera wasn't going to come with a battery or charger, not only did I find this odd, but I quickly decided I will just purchase these on eBay instead; he still tried to sell me on these items-- claiming that I would not find genuine CANON parts on eBay (which is highly untrue). I was on a particular budget and I made it VERY clear that I simply could not afford any extras at the moment. He still felt the need to try and sell me on a warranty. So after he abruptly ended our phone call, the next day I noticed the transaction was still pending and I called them AGAIN to find out that the item was suddenly "out of stock" and the distributor is going to send it A MONTH LATER. What I don't understand is how this item was available YESTERDAY but not TODAY! I looked into the reviews on this website, and found that although they were given mostly positive reviews, those few like myself who got scammed, had very similar, if not identical problems. They will successfully conduct transactions with people they can get to purchase extras, therefore the listed prices are FALSE. It's impossible to get an item they're selling at the listed price WITHOUT spending any additional money. I feel like I was cheated, I should have gotten the camera I wanted at the price that was listed! Based on my experience and those who also wrote a negative review, the way ibuysonline conducts business is FRAUDULENT and should be shut down immediately."

modified review This review was modified by rayahx on May 22 2013 08:12:07 PM

"I ordered Nikon D3200, it was showing as $579, but after ordering, the guy calls up and says the entire package is $669 the camera came, there was a scratch on the lens and the customer service guy wouldn't replace , if replaced they would charge15% re stocking fee.... They are big cheaters... There customer service sucks and they are not transparent like amazon. Anyday it's amazon. Ibuysonline, if you are reading... Here is the message, you guys will run out of business very soon....ibuysonline sucks....."

modified review This review was modified by Raghuharshi on May 02 2013 02:33:19 PM

"I ordered a T3i w/ lens from Ibuysonline. Got the predictable call to inform me it didn't have a battery or charger. Anyone who has read these reviews knows that it's part of their game. Told them "no" to the $150.00 surcharge for adding the battery to the kit. They informed me either way my product would ship in 2 days.

Turns out their "distributor" didn't have the product and it's drop-shipped. Good thing I called asking for a tracking number. Be careful with these guys.

You've got make a character judgement at some point. I understand they've got a "clever" selling strategy to make up lost profit with their cheap prices. However, if the guys that don't make it clear on their product page that the item does not have a battery or charger, and don't make it clear that the item isn't "In Stock", and they don't make it clear that the item is on backorder at their distributor, do you really trust them with another two weeks on your order?

They called me back a few times to right their wrong, but I'd already placed the order with eBay. It's also fishy that they raised the price of the unit. Here are some screen shots that summarize my problems with iBuyOnline,

Deceptive product page, with notes:
* http://ecgur.evancarroll.com/reviews/ibuysonline.com/2013_04_29_Canon_T3i_Bundle_deception.png

Deceptive description page, with notes:
* http://ecgur.evancarroll.com/reviews/ibuysonline.com/2013_04_29_Canon_T3i_Details_deception.png

modified review This review was modified by EvanCarroll on May 16 2013 07:40:07 AM

"I just completed my order and originally found this reseller through Google. I had made the purchase online though called the next day to confirm the order. IBuysonline had the best price on the Canon 6D and they were cheaper than B&H by more than $200. What I found however is this is for an import model with only a 90 day in-store warranty. Since I put my equipment through some fairly hard conditions I opted for the US warrantied product that offered a full one year warranty. If you are a amateur or a semi-professional looking for a full frame camera I might recommend the import to save yourself some money. Using a full frame is a game changer. In addition to receiving the camera for about $50 less than B&H offered, I also received free two day shipping. One thing to note, if you choose to purchase the import it does not come with a battery or charger so be certain to either purchase them. They also have additional warranties available to purchase.

I wish I knew more about the import models since these are products I have not used before. On occasion they might be missing features like Wi-fi or GPS though based off the specs this does not seem to be the case. I'd like to learn more to update this post, perhaps in the near future I can get my hands on a model and then I can compare them side-by-side.

The only thing I would caution is this, they are a fairly young company when it comes to retail so a lot of the information might be cut and paste. Because of this I might caution - check everything before buying so there aren't any surprises. If in doubt call and ask for William - he can help you with any questions you might have.

I will update this posting once I receive my product since the 6D and let you know how the overall shipping went.

*NOTE: I revised this based in part on communication that I had with the company. It would seem that some of the information that was put up was place hastily by part-time employees that didn't pay attention. They since have corrected the postings. This didn't affect my original purchase decision as they had the best price for a US warrantied camera. -Brian

-----
04/08/2013
Okay, update time. So I lowered my rating for a few specific reasons. First packing, while they used packing peanuts they place the box into a another box that is just a little bigger. While the product doesn't seem damaged it was poorly packed.

Secondly, the original package was opened. This was the kit camera (http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/892354-REG/Canon_8035b009_EOS_6D_Digital_Camera.html/mode/edu). All they did was pull the lens out of the box, perhaps to resell to make their money up. On other thing, the books and CD were not wrapped in plastic raising some addition questions about this product.

While I am certain this company is reputable if you are like myself and you order a product you do not expect a company to do something nefarious like buying bulk products at a discount, pull them apart and represent them as something they aren't. If you are selling a kit lens, sell a kit lens. If you are selling a body, sell a body. But don't take a kit lens, separate it out and sell each piece separately. I am certain that in the grand order of things this is unethical.

Once i delve into the camera a bit more and can have it checked out I will update this post once more...

modified review This review was modified by bkrecik on April 08 2013 11:55:57 AM

"Issues resolved as of April 11, 2013."

modified review This review was modified by Es447 on April 11 2013 02:10:56 PM

"I was in the market for a Canon 6D and didn't care if it was grey market or not - I watched several of the Brooklyn camera shops' websites and settled on ibuysonline since they had it for within $10 of the lowest price. Having read the reviews, I called to order as I did not want to place an order online and fool around with them calling for the upsell. I made it quite clear that I was only interested in the sale price 6D body only, and yes, they did push to upsell - but not as hard as some other places have in my experience. The surprise came at checkout - they wanted to add 3% for insurance, instead of the promised free shipping. After some discussion, they agreed to waive this and ship the 6D for the base price after I mentioned that I'd be posting a review on resellerratings - I suggested this, not them, but it sounded like they were happy to hear it so take that however you want.

The camera came via UPS and as expected it's the kit box with the lens taken out - I had told them that was okay, so no big deal. I was actually surprised - the camera is the USA model, with the USA warranty card enclosed! I had expected a grey-market import, but got the USA warranty and everything - and for a bargain-basement price!

Yes, it took some negotiation, but I'm ultimately very happy with my purchase and will probably shop with them again.