"I purchased a Canon lens and flash on-line and was very pleased with the price.

However, there was a problem with the credit card. I had entered an incorrect billing address (by mistake). I was sent an E-mail to contract them. When I contracted them to correct the billing address issue, I was informed the flash required batteries, which weren't included. They suggested I get some rechargeable batteries & a charger. On the spur of the moment I said, "Yes."

Everything arrived factory sealed and in excellent condition. However, the batteries & charger were grossly over priced -- I was charge 350% over the highest price I could find on the Internet for the same model. They knew what they were doing wasn't above board, because they lumped everything under one charge instead of breaking out the cost of each item. Thankfully, I had printed out a copy of the web page which showed individual prices for the lens & flash.

I contacted them and expressed my dissatisfaction in the gross over charge. I got a partial refund. [I could have gotten a full refund by returning them, but I chose to settled for the partial refund.]

I will purchase from them again, but I will be extremely cautious of adding anything to my on-line order without doing some research first!!!

modified review This review was modified by Wrecks31415 on January 28 2011 07:51:42 PM

"I purchased the Sony digital camera and everything arrived intact. I'm very happy with my purchase and the speed of delivery."

"Horrible experience. These people are crooks. I bought a Nikon Camera that was listed as "USA Model" with a description that said includes full manufacturers warranty. Was subjected to the bait and switch phone call with the aggressive selling tactics. When I contacted Nikon they informed me that NO equipment purchased from this vendor was authorized for sale in the USA and there was no manufacturers warranty. I contacted the merchant and they were terrible to deal with and refused to accept a return."

"AVOID AT ALL COST!!! You will get an email message the day after you place on on-line order telling you to call them to "expedite" the order. You'll get a salesman who will try to get you buy something else because what you ordered is backordered. When you refuse, he will say OK, but it could take months to get what you want. If you try and cancel, he'll tell you there is a 15% restocking fee.

I hate these slimeballs.

"My Denon AV receiver arrived as ordered . Was concerned that they were not authorized dealer so I payed about $60 more for a 2 year extended warranty. Hope I wont have to use it. Unit works fine since purchase over a month ago. "

"I purchased a Canon 5d mkii on 10/29/09 via the phone at what I believe was an excellent price - it was (I think) about $300 less than the B&H price. During my phone conversation, they made it clear that this was indeed a 'gray' market product and it would only come with their warranty card. Their accounting department confirmed my order the next day and they did ship it out that very day - they are very quick to ship. However, I must say that my box was missing the software CD and full manual. I called about the CD immediately and followed up about this once per week for a month before realizing that they (actually Tommy) were just giving me the run-around ('it's in the mail', 'oh, we just ordered it', etc). I called Canon directly and they are shipping the items to me. Also, they seemed to indicate that as long as I had my receipt, they'd help me with any issues I may have with my camera. Summary: I'd buy from these guys ONLY if there's a BIG difference in price."

"Great Service, Great Product and price, received a day before promised date....Would shop here again !!"

"I ordered my Nikon 70-300mm f4.5/5.6G IF-ED from Bob. IbuyDigital was not my first choice as I had not done business with them before. However, after trying to buy the lens from another re-seller that tried to charge me for the Nikon 5 year extended warranty that comes with every lens I decided to try Ibuydigital.
I was impressed with the ease of order placement, the personality of the salesperson and the expeditious manner in which the transaction was handled.
Bob did try to up-sell me on a number of things related to the lens, which is his job, and convinced me to take the extended 3rd party warranty that extends the warranty to seven years.
I would not have a problem ordering from them in the future.

"Ordering was easy, the product I have received is just what I expected, and the price was excellent, and people are courteous, however after sale communication is lacking. I ordered two items (a camera and camera kit). I received the camera, but there was no mention of the kit or that anything was on back order or that it was a partial shipment--so I called to verify that the order had been received. It had been ordered, but they were waiting on a battery--which is an item in the kit. Following my call, they sent the kit--less battery. I just made my third call to them and again got the “it’s due by the end of the week” answer. I ordered the items well in advance of a major overseas trip—that was three months ago! We are leaving in two weeks; and I don’t have a lot of faith that I will get the battery in time."

"Best price by far! I ordered a Canon 580 EX II Flash. Fast shipping, everything came as expected. I would buy from this place again! Thanks!"

"I work for Jostens Printing company, and often times one or more of my schools are looking for a great camera. This is the first time buying from ibuyDigital, and I am very pleased. I went to the website, found the camera the school wanted, called ibuyDigital, the representative informed me that currently the camera was on sale in their catalog for a little more money the school could receive some extra items. The ibuyDigital representative was attentive to the schools needs. Here is what the school had to say "We got the camera on Friday!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!! I used it on Friday right away because our boys and girls soccer teams were playing in the Section X final playoff game.I have used it every day this week. The kids are excited!""

"The order shipped quickly as promised; unfortunately, the customer service rep (I had to call because the website was down) made false claims about the battery life of the camera in order to sell me an additional battery (which he also made false claims about).

I purchased the additional product, but was able to return it for a nearly full refund. I would check out IBuy Digital again in the future, but I will be very careful.

"This seller is not worth the drama. They had the best prices, but were quite manipulative when it came to trying to upsell me on shipping. I HAD to have my camera by a set date, and they didn't make me feel confident. I thought I might've even been scammed when I received these random emails that had no info about my order. After emailing twice, I called. The guy first wanted to give me the 'you're getting a good deal' attitude. He then finally sent me an invoice--from his personal email address! The product arrived on time in one piece. The packing slip inside said I had two days--not the two weeks I was told when I ordered--to return the product. And I took the camera on my trip and hated it. It's possible it's a refurbished/defective item. For one example, expensive cameras should give crisp shots in auto mode in full light. This doesn't. Lots of bowing on poles and such...SO suspicious..."

"Ordering online was fast & easy especially when I order at 11pm. I checked with customer service the next day to see when I would be emailed with the tracking info. Customer Service confirmed my email and sent me the tracking info within the hour. I rec'd my Garmin without a problem. All in all It was a smooth transaction. I am ofering another product from this comapny because of their prices and their service.
W.H. Southern Calif.

"I bought a Canon 5D mkii for the lowest price I found on the net but placed the order over the phone just to be sure. I expected the hard sell for the other usual suspects (extra batteries, lenses,etc) but the salesman was low key about it. He did make the sales pitch (that's what they do for a living) but he wasn't obnoxious about it and all I had to do was say no and he moved on.
We were polite and no one's feelings got hurt.
The only hitch came when I got a message from the accounting department asking me to confirm the sale which, because of the time difference, I could not do until the following day. Early the next morning, they called back. I confirmed and the camera was on its way, albeit a day later.
Not a big deal for me, though the confirmation process did seem a little badly timed.
Though the camera was the lost leader they certainly insure my future business when they don't do the hard sell.

IbuyDigital.com (dbuys.com, centraldigital.com, digitalmegastore.com, ibuyplasma.com, realdealshop.c is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

IbuyDigital.com (dbuys.com, centraldigital.com, digitalmegastore.com, ibuyplasma.com, realdealshop.c does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!