"I ordered goods from this company based on a good experience that I had with them a couple of months previously, and their advertisement in CRN. However, on this occasion things did not go well.

Having ordered my goods, I received an email confirmation (not invoice) that the order was in processing, together with an URL for me to track the order's progress. After two days of seeing nothing but "in processing" I decided to call Infotel to find out if it had shipped yet or not. I spoke to Cheryl, as our previous contact, Melanie had left. Cheryl cheerfully informed me that the consignment had shipped on the day the order was placed and gave me a UPS tracking number. I subsequently checked the UPS site only to find that according to UPS, my consignment had been "delivered" at exactly the time I was talking with Infotel on the telephone. The reality of it was that our consignment may have been delivered by UPS, but not to our address.

As it was Friday and getting late, I decided to e-mail Infotel the information about the non-arrival of our order and assumed that someone would e-mail or call after the weekend. Not a bit of it. That e-mail elicited no response whatsoever.

By mid-moring on Monday, I telephoned UPS and queried the non-delivery or our items. There seemed to be some confusion and the impression I received was that either UPS had delivered to a similar sounding address in another county, or, Infotel had actually put the wrong address on our consignment. Cutting a long story short, UPS put a trace on the consignment and told me that from now on, they would be liaising with the shipper, Infotel; and suggested that I do the same.

I called Infotel and pretty much got passed from one place to another. At first my call was directed to Systemax; it was then re-routed to the Infotel warehouse; from there I believe I was put through to the loading bay, and finally, I was put through to someone called "Jack" in customer services.

Jack was very sympathetic to my plight, but admitted that as a customer service representative, he was a little unsure of what the procedure was with consignments that had gone missing. He stated that he would talk to someone in sales and would call me back. That was the last we heard from Jack or Infotel.

Meanwhile, I have an obligation to a handicapped client for whom the goods were intended. For the moment, my impression of Infotel is very unfavorable. There appears to be a complete lack of any positive customer service, and to me, it seems that Infotel ooze a "take the money and run" attitude. Naturally, our company will not be doing business with them again.

"This company has gone downhill fast. When it was privately owned, it was a great place. Then I believe Global bought them, and then Tiger.

Screen prints are what you get as a confirmation of your order. The screen prints lack information, many times the information does not even tell you the name of the product that you supposedly ordered.
When you want a copy of a real invoice, so you can pay your bills, you get sent to an automated answering system in Florida. Numerous calls go unanswered. I recently called 6 times, to get one call back. Had to call again, as I was unavailable when the return message was left!!

It takes 24 hours frequently to get a fax, sometimes you don't get them at all. I used to get them within 10 minutes of talking to a sales rep. That's when it was an outstanding company.

In one week not long ago, I had placed 3 orders to be shipped by airborne, pay for airborn, and 3 orders in one week come by UPS.

I used to be able to walk in with a defective computer system, and guaranteed turn around time was 24 hours. If they weren't busy, you could go away and come back in a few hours and it would be done. Any long term customers there can tell you about it. It was real, it happened. It wasn't a dream although it seems like it given the current state of things.

Thanks.

INFOTEL is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

INFOTEL is not a merchant member
INFOTEL does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!