• Contact: sales@hysonmusic.com
    • Phone: 877-88-HYSON (49766)
    • Customer Support: 877-88-HYSON (49766)

Product & services pricing Rating 6.25/10 6.25/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 8.75/10 8.75/10

"Very pleased with Hyson Music. We purchased a pre-owned intermediate flute for our daughter. I used their online chat before the purchase and Jesse assured me the instrument would be 'like new', and it was exactly that. The flute arrived still in the original plastic sleeves and packaging with cleaning cloth, etc., cannot even tell that it had ever been used. We saved several hundred dollars over the cost of the same instrument from our local music store and our daughter is very pleased to have a new flute just in time for band camp! Would definitely come back to Hyson in the future."

"I purchased a LJ Hutchen flute for my daughter in Dec 2013. On May 15, 2014, my daughter came from school and advised something appeared to be wrong with the flute. The sound was not good when certain keys were played. We needed immediate solution as she was performing that weekend for two events. I called Hyson Music and was greeted by very friendly staff who advised the President was on the other line but he would call me back asap. I received a call back within 15-20mins from Jesse. He was more than willing to have the flute serviced. The problem we were faced with was the short time frame to get the flute serviced and ready for that weekend. Jesse offered to have the flute serviced by a nearby music store/repair shop but this was not the normal practice for instrument repairs/service needed. Jesse was willing to make whatever needed to be done happen. He just wanted my daughter to have her flute and have two great performances, especially after finding out she was a Senior in HS and this would be her last performances. Jesse made a few phone calls to places in my area to see who could make this happen for me, but was unsuccessful. We had one other solution I could try. Jesse told me he would call me in the morning to find out if I was able to find a trust worthy place to take the flute for service. I did find a music store/repair shop that I was able to take the flute that same day. They were to have the flute checked the next morning and I would receive a call. To end this long story... the flute was repaired and she had it in time for her two performances that weekend. The flute sounded beautiful. Jesse also called me and was pleased to know there was a solution to the problem and he agreed to absorb the cost. He demonstrated great customer service and willing to go above and beyond to assist. I would recommend considering Hyson Music to anyone looking for a reliable, friendly and accommodating business."

"I bought a Yamaha YCL-450N clarinet via Hyson's eBay store. After the one year warranty passed, we found some cracks (probably rough treatment on my son's part?). Our local music store is an hour away and wanted to charge me nearly $500.00 to get a whole new "joint" and put the keys back on it. I called Hyson to see what they might be able to do or suggest. Jesse was quick to assure me that they do care about their customers and could do a great job at a great price. I took his word for it and they did an excellent job at an excellent price! This kind of caring and effort is how customer service ought to be--so long as they don't go broke! I just wish they had a store and repair shop near here!"

"I love this store...I know nothing about music or its instruments. My son is a trumpet player in his High School Band. He needed a better trumpet, I searched the web, E-Bay, chat rooms ect. trying to find an option I could afford and My son would be happy with. I finally ran across HYSON and Jesse Effman. He was very patient and understanding, He was able to match me up with a great trumpet at a price I could afford. My son happy!!!! We even had a very small issue with trumpet Hyson fixed problem with a smile... I'm a long way from New York but Hyson Music will always be my first call when dealing with musical instruments...I have a 10 year old who starts band next year and when she decides what she wants to play Hyson will be called. Dan M. Tennessee"

"Excellent service and product.
After several emails between Justin and me, I purchased the Yamaha ycl-450N intermediate clarinet. (Thanks for being so patient with me, Justin.)
Shipping was fast (2 days) and instrument looks beautiful.
I am 63 yrs. old and have never picked up a clarinet before today. Even with the included Vandoran #3 reed I made a 'pleasant' sound on my fifth attempt, even though I had to blow quite hard. (I think I need #2 reeds.)
I will definitely recommend Hyson Music to my friends and will definitely shop here again.

"I just received my LJ Hutchen Alto saxophone. The fit and finish are fantastic! I have been playing for 50 years and had to sell my Selmer markVI made in France 2 years ago. I was shocked when I went looking on Amazon.com an alto saxophone that received very high and positive ratings for the price.I opened the box put it together, took out my mouthpiece and boy was I suprized how easy it was to play both low and high notes as well as it being in fairly good tune in both upper and lower octaves. needless to say I am thrilled!"

"This is my first time ordering from Hyson music. I ordered a yamaha clarinet ycl-255. Jesse Effman was very friendly and helpful. The clarinet was shipped on time as promised. Hyson music had included their 110% customer satisfaction guarantee with the invoice paperwork. I highly recommend purchasing from Hyson Music and Jesse Effman. "

modified review This review was modified by Gholamreza on September 13 2012 08:43:29 PM

"I don't usually write any reviews. In fact, this is the third review I've ever written, and I've been surfing the Net since 1996. I bought two LJ Hutchen flutes for my daughters from Hyson who were in 6th & 7th grades. One of the flutes needed adjustments twice over the last two years. I called up Hyson but really didn't expect much since these were relatively inexpensive entry level flutes. To my surprise, they stood up behind their commitment and provided wonderful warranty service. They were also extremely courteous and professional. It was "no questions asked" type of service. I highly recommend Hyson Music and hope they'll be around a long time."

"I bought a used Yamaha electronic drumset from Hyson Music and I was worried about the condition it might arrive in. Yet I got an excellent price with free shipping (for a bulky product, mind you) and what I received was, from what I could tell, a brand new item. So yes, I'm very pleased."

"Thanx to Hyson Music, and the telephone contact with Justin Varuzzo, I purchased a Gemeinhardt
flute. The instrument arrived on time (from N.Y. to Calif.) in exactly the condition it was advertised as being in.
I greatly appreciate their integrity of service, and wouldn't hesitate to deal with them again.

Pat Manalio

"I've ordered a Yamaha AVC-7 (intermediate Cello) from Hyson Music. They typically do not send it to Hawaii, but they gladly sent it for me. The packaging was done properly, and my cello arrived safely. Customer service from the time of order and all the follow-ups have been fantastic. I'm so glad that I bought my cello from them. I'm also grateful that Hyson does not carry low quality cellos which might have confused my purchasing decision. My Yamaha cello has been great; no adjustment required and was ready to start lessons under a professional cellist in town. "

modified review This review was modified by Cellist007 on June 29 2012 12:56:41 PM

"It was a wonderful experience with Hyson music. I had ordered a Selmer Saxophone which in tern I did not like for the tonal quality but that horn is made like that. Justin at Hyson music quickly sent me a return shipping label and once they received the item , they processed the Refund immediately. I bought it from Ebay and experience great service from Hyson music. I look forward to have business with them for sure in future"

"I recently purchased a piccolo from Hyson Music. I can't thank Jesse Effman for his patience and committment in helping me find the right piccolo for my daughter. Originally, Jesse was planning to sell me a piccolo that he thought was in perfect condition. However, after inspection, he noted a defect. He immediately called me to let me know that he was not comfortable about selling the instrument to me but that he would work on obtaining another instrument. Within weeks, Jesse informed me that he had obtained another piccolo that would be perfect for my daughter. I can't thank Jesse enough for his honesty and for his committment in getting the job done. My daughter is so pleased with her instrument. Thank you Jesse and the entire Hyson music staff! Maria C."

"Cannot be happier!.. They recommended the best brand and type of product for my son's school music career! The right choice of instrument has given us long-term satisfaction and peace of mind. They give you INFORMATION PRIOR TO YOUR PURCHASE. This is the best type of customer service..."

"I recently purchased a trumpet from HYSON Music for my 8 year old son who is in 4th grade. I chose to purchase because it is cheaper than renting. I was shocked when my husband called me at work and told me the trumpet came within 2 days. I was thrilled when I saw the quality of the product and my son was so excited. Few days after the product arrived, I contacted Hyson Music for instructions and they walk me through the process patiently. I can honestly say I received top notched product and superb customer service from Hyson Music. I am a mother of 3 young boys and 1 daughter and I look forward to purchasing musical instruments for them from Hyson Music in the near future. I certainly recommend this product."

Hyson Music is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Hyson Music is a merchant member
Hyson Music participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,849 merchant members.