HughesNet Reviews - hughesnet.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 2.50/10 4 reviews

HughesNet is not a merchant member
HughesNet does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"WORST COMPANY AND CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!!!!! See the following:
Hughes Net
To whom it may concern,
We started your service on July 29,2013. We were told we would get 10 gig plan with 5 meg per second and the person on the phone said it would be more then enough for us. We not only started service but paid $345.77 to pay for the equipment. In August we called back and let them know that the speed was not fast enough. 1. They told us our equipment was bad, but they never replaced it. 2. They told us if we went to 20 gig plan we would get faster service, which they never mentioned to us the first time. 3. They offered us the 20 gig at the same price as the 10 gig. Later they raised the price and when we called to find out why they said the lower price was only for 3 months. We were never told that.
We have called several times since and talked to several people. I am on the phone right now. We started our call at 10:03am and it is now 11:22am. My husband started talking to someone who passed him on to a manager who said his name was Randy Johnson. I asked to speak to his supervisor and he passed me on to Aurther Garcia. Aurther said he was Randy's supervisor but his title was the same. I asked to speak with Aurther's supervisor and he said he does not know who that is. Why is that?? At this point I am very upset!!!
1. I want our money back that we paid for the equipment of $345.77
2. I want the equipment removed from our house.
3. I want out of this contract with out being charged a fee.

The equipment has never worked for us. I keep getting the runaround by several members of your staff. We were told we could cancel in 30 days and when we tried, you said you would give us faster speed and more gigs. Your company has been fraudulent, and unethical and I need you to make this right for me. The service is poor and does not work for us.

I will be expecting an email or phone call, by upper management next week.

Leah D

modified review This review was modified by LeahColorado on March 17 2014 09:36:43 AM

"Recently set up service with HughesNet and so far, very satisfied with the product. I have yet to have any problem with my service and the speeds are unlike anything I imagined. So happy to have found HughesNet. "

WVfadedglory's Avatar
West Virginia

"HughesNet is the worst company to get internet service through. I had them for 2 years only because of the contract or I would have cancelled much sooner. The daily bandwidth allotment of 250 megabytes is a complete joke. 250 megabytes gets you like 3 or maybe 4 music videos on Youtube. Once you use up the 250 megabytes your internet will lock up to a snail pace for 24 hours. You cannot play games like the games on FB because it will burn through those 250 megabytes very quickly. Believe me, HughesNet is the worst internet service out there. You are way better off having dial-up if nothing better is available. "

"You're better off with dial up than with Hughesnet. I've never seen anywhere even close to the speeds they advertise. I've called and complained several times and all they ever say is "speeds aren't guaranteed". After 5pm, when most American's are at home using the Internet, Hughesnet's systems are completely overloaded. It's hard to even check email! It's extremely slow with lots of dns errors or web acceleration errors. It's so slow I hardly ever use my daily bandwidth allotment of 250 megabytes. This is not high speed internet by any means."