"STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE IF YOU WANT DELIVERY SOON!

I am an avid bargain shopper. When a speaker was selling for about 20% less on this site, I decided to order it despite knowing how poorly this company was rated. I thought, "how bad could they be?" Other sites like Buy.com have a relatively bad rating on this site and I have never had any problem with Buy.com. Well, live and learn. I placed an order on 5/10/07 for an "in stock" item that was listed as "Usually ships in 2-3 days." My credit card was charged the full amount the same day. It is my understanding that it is illegal to charge a credit card for an item and not ship it.

I called the one generic 800 number on the site and I was told that I would get an email with an update in 12 hours. No one emailed. In fact, there is no way to email anyone at this company.

I am pretty sure that HPAVDirect.com owns nothing, has no warehouse or storefront. They are likely a broker that works with distributors.

It took 4 weeks to get UPS tracking number. I expect delivery in about 1 week. Therefore, if you can wait 5 weeks for your item (or longer) and price is the main priority, this may be an option.

modified review This review was modified by business.receipt.ar on June 06 2007 06:53:44 PM

"I bought a Yamaha AMP I paid for 2 day shipping they shipped it ground but charged me 2-day air shipping price. The amp arrived broken, they refused to take it back and Yamaha said they would not honor any warranty because they were not an official distributor. I have proof that Howard Pierce's Direct Audio Video claims the warranty would be honored. I was very unhappy with the service I received from them and only after Yamaha and another party got involved did that Howard Pierce's Direct Audio Video offer to let me return the product for a partial refund.

I decided to pursue other options rather than deal with these people anymore.

"First, they sent me a silver DVD player instead of a black one. They sent me a return authorization number and said they would send me out a black unit when they got the silver one. I needed the unit earlier than that so I suggested they send out a black one, charge my VISA and reimburse me in full for the silver unit when they receive it.

They then proceeded to send me 2 black DVD players. When I called and made them aware of their mistake they said no problem just return one and gave me a second return authorization.

Shipping costs on each unit were $20.26 using UPS and insuring them for the proper amount. I scanned the receipts into pdf format and e-mailed them, asking for reimbursement of shipping.

First, they tried to blame the return shipping on me, stating that it was my error that resulted in the need for return shipping. Once I provided them the documentation to prove it was their fault, they simply stated that they do not refund shipping regardless of the reason.

I am done with this company. They have been nothing but unprofessional and rude during the entire transaction process and even though they were clearly at fault (and admitted to such), they refuse to refund me my money. I urge everyone to spend their hard earned money elsewhere with merchants that provide good customer service.

"My experience was not as horrible as the rest, but I would not order from them again. If you read the fine print on their site you should know that they don't warehouse any merchandise, so if you're in a hurry or need it before christmas look elsewhere.
They took their sweet old time getting my order to me, but it did arrive intact, undamaged, and in a new factory sealed box. It took more than a month from the day I placed the order, and a confirmation e-mail with a tracking number arrived after the package was deliverd.
I was pressured to buy a extended warranty at the time of purchase, but after I refused it was never mentioned again. Bottom line is you get what you pay for, they were several hundred dollars cheaper for the plama tv I ordered.

"I placed this order 7 business days ago today and item still has not shipped. Website stated that item would be shipped within 2 to 3 bussiness day. Tried to contact customer service and it seems they only have one guy who answers the phone and is no help what so ever and will not let you speak to anyone else. Site does not even have the item in stock and will not let me cancel the order without paying a processing fee as well as a restocking fee for something they don't even have in stock. This company is a scam!!!!!! I will NEVER order from this company again. This is the worst online purchasing experience I have ever had and customer service is very unprofessional. I buy almost everything online so have delt with many online companies and never had an issue until now.
Save yourself the headache and avoid this company like the plague, I wish I would have.

"BUYER BEWARE !! This company seems like a total rip off and a complete fraud. I ordered a Harmon Kardon AVR635 AV receiver from them when I called them to confirm that the unit was indeed "in stock" and was told it was. I also confirmed with the sales agent that with 2-3 day express shipping, I would receive the unit by a certain date as I needed to install it for a client before going out of town on business. When it didn't show up and there was no confirmation email for my order I called them and was told "well there is a 2-3 day processing period with them BEFORE they turn the order over to the actual shipper which then also has at least a 1 day processing time before they ship and that actually, they can't ship the unit express delivery because it's to heavy so it will take 5-7 days by ground. This is after I paid the extra $40+ for express shipping. A few days later I received an email telling me that the item is on backorder from the shipper for an additional 7-10 days. When I finally did receive the unit which was a pain as well do to their "signature in person" requirement, I got to the clients house and opened the box only to discover the unit was severely damaged. When I called, after 20 min. on hold and being hung up on twice while talking to a rep., they offered to have it picked up but told me a refund claim would take several weeks to process.
They were unwilling to offer me another unit because the price had gone up and I'd have to pay the difference. When I demanded to speak to a supervisor, mysteriously, there wasn't one available anywhere at anytime, and then they said "actually we no longer have that unit available"
I would NEVER recommend this online company to anyone! and after reading all of those what are almost surely fake, positive reviews, the few negative ones I've read have me concerned as to whether or not I'll ever see a refund.

"I ordered a TV set one week ago. I had been phoning about not being able to track the package. I phoned 3 times today alone. The first two calls, I was told someone would call me back. But no one did. On the third call I was told my TV was still in their warehouse and the shipper had not picked it up and they don't know why. My credit card has already been billed. They have said the TV may be picked up for shipping today. May? We'll see ..."

"Having been assured I could get an in stock item, factory new, not refurbished, in a factory sealed box, I ordered an HDTV for a total cost of $2358.83,the unit price plus shipping. On a lowered offer to buy a 4 year insurance plan, I accepted on the basis I could get all the free-repair details first. I was promised a next day delivery of the information and a next day shipping of the in-stock item and all the tracking information. I agreed and did not get any details, in spite of my repeated emails. Finally, after calling, I got an email of the order showing an unauthorized 3 year warranty(still no details of coverage) costing $279.99. On top of that, was an unauthorized "Platinum Protection Shipping Insurance of $232.93. I repeatedly emailed and called in objection but was ignored and, therefore, cancelled the order after nothing was received inside the quoted time of delivery. They then sent an email that I would be charged a fee $1052.32 in fees for the refusal. This is a shyster company practicing shameful tactics. I will gladly promote a class action suit and a report to the FTC and various credit card companies of their practice if any wish to join. One can see the type of business the represent by visiting a site I stumbled on.
http://donwiss.com/pictures/BrooklynStores/h0026.htm Do not c ontemplate any buisness with them.
Dr. James Gaskins

"Atrocious. I ordered a microwave oven (Sunday, 7/9/06) after being told on the phone that the item was available for immediate shipment. The next day my credit card was charged. The following day, they e-mailed me to contact them, which I did; they told me the item was “good to ship” pressured me to buy an expensive extended warranty. Over the next two weeks, various ‘customer service’ guys told me the item had shipped or was to ship that day and that I should I should expect e-mailed UPS shipping information any minute. Four or five of these guys told me the item was about to ship, or shipped this past Friday. On my first call this morning, I was told the item had indeed shipped last Friday and that shipping info would get to me within the hour; on the second call a guy told me it had shipped Friday and he would immediately e-mail me shipping info; on my third call at days end, a guy told me they’d need another week.

I dug around and found out these sleazes are the same people as the disreputable Hype Audio, Dealz net, and other Brookly storefront liars.

"Orrible experience!!!! Don't buy from them!!! They caled me several times to convince me to buy extended warranty. They keep telling me that they have shipped my order (every representative says a different day) but they are unable to give me a tracking number. They are totally unreliable."

Howard Pierce's Direct Audio Video is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Howard Pierce's Direct Audio Video is not a merchant member
Howard Pierce's Direct Audio Video does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!