• HouseOfBeautyWo

• Address: 2191 Hornig Rd.
    • Contact: help@houseofbeautyworld.com
    • Phone: 1-800-588-0266
    • Fax: 215-576-7382

Product & services pricing Rating 6.04/10 6.04/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.26/10 2.26/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.6/10 2.6/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.72/10 1.72/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1/10 1/10

"This was my first time ordering from the House of Beauty World, my product came quickly, and I was a satisfied customer, I would reorder something from them again in the future."

Rep reply posted Jun-29-2015

“Dear Customer,

we would like to THANK YOU for your kind review!

HouseOfBeautyWorld Team”

"This product was so amazing all my friends said they liked it and they said they were going to order from there the shipping is very fast and i am still going to order so many produts there please hide my name and put Elizabeth

Rep reply posted Jun-29-2015

“Dear Customer,

we would like to THANK YOU for your kind review!

HouseOfBeautyWorld Team”

"Don't order from this company! They send you an email saying your order was received and then they take your money. You wait and wait for your product to arrive and it never does. when you finally get someone on the phone they tell you that your product is out of stock. An email to that effect would have been nice. They say they will refund your money but no, they won't send you an email confirming that. I am currently working with my credit card company to dispute this charge. Save yourself a major headache and order elsewhere! HOB is less than honest at best.

And now they have the nerve to reply to my review with inaccuracies! They never reached out to me via email to offer me other products, they never replied to my multiple requests for status reports. Their reply to my review is a further attempt to make themselves appear righteous. DO NOT order from this company. At the time of this writing my credit card has not been refunded. Appalling!

“Dear Customer,

we deeply regret your order was not fulfilled to your satisfaction.

we have made an attempt to reach out to you through the email address, as was provided on your order, to advise you that the item was sold out, and to offer you a range of compatible products as substitute, however, we did not receive any reply;

as per telephone conversation with HOB customer service rep on 6/25, due to out of stock product, your order was passed to our credit department for refund, which was completed in less than 24 hours.

HouseOfBeautyWorld Team”

"The item pictured on the website was not the item I received. I request a RMA number to return the item, waited approximately two weeks for a response ended up paying to have the item returned. Contact customer service to get a statues update and was provided a number which when answered which seem to be a house number. Customer service is horrible I had to end up contacting PayPal. Once PayPal made contact with the seller I finally received a return label. Ended up escalating the claim with PayPal before it was resolved. I do not recommend doing business with this company "

“Dear Customer,

we deeply regret your order was not fulfilled to your satisfaction.

the product we have sent to you, Revlon Colorsilk Color Light Ash Brown 50, is same as you have ordered, same brand, same color;
manufacturers often update their packaging, adding words such as "high deff", to make product sound/appear up to-date, and has no reflection on the product's composition/formula whatsoever, as you may read from the itemized ingredients, as listed on the box.

in addition, the return label was provided upon your request, however it was not used.

your return was well received and processed, we would like to finalize your refund for the returned item, however, we no longer have access to your credit card information, we only have a 30 day window for it's access, which since 05/05/2015 (date of your order) has expired.

please, kindly call us at 267-938-8135 with this information so we may be able to complete the refund today.

HouseOfBeautyWorld Team”

"I placed an order for yaki pony hair (6 bags) - I received 6 bags of regular yaki - the regular yaki cost $1.46 less then the one I ordered - sent an email (the only way to contact) and over 2 weeks later I haven't heard anything. "

"Please REMOVE my email address from your mailing list. I absolutely, will Never EVER conduct business with this company again. The staff are very unprofessional and rude. The person that I spoke with accused me of lying when I explained that I never received my products. When I asked to speak with a manager, she hung up on me. I called back several times and no one would answer the phone. This entire experience was very frustrating and tacky! The issue was NEVER resolved and I never received a refund for items that I'd paid for but NEVER RECEIVED. I Simply decided to give up and not waste anymore of my valuable time with the issues, so I ended up losing my money to products which I never received!!! several of my friends and family consults me for advice on which company to use when seeking beauty products, and I simply advised each of them to NEVER use HOUSE OF BEAUTY for anything! "

“Dear Customer,

our goal is to provide timely delivery to our customers.
packages are being packed as early as 5 am so that they ship same or next day.
your order was shipped out in 7 am, while cancellation you have requested day earlier was still processing through the system.

you could have refused delivery and your order would have been fully refunded upon receipt of "return back to sender" package.

according to USPS tracking 9405511899223424141642, your parcel was delivered to your door within 3 days, but was not returned to our warehouse.

you've kept the product, there is nothing remains to refund.

HouseOfBeautyWorld Team”

"The wig I received was not the one I ordered. Sent two emails requesting a "RAN" so I could return it and get the right one. Never received it or a reply. Tried calling the customer service number and no one ever answered. Gave up and ordered from another website.

6/26/2015: In response to HOBs reply to me: so if you don't show I received the wrong wig that means I didn't receive it?!? I could take a picture of it and send it to you. As far as the emails I have still my email copies of when I sent you an email as far as the phone calls I have records on my phone when I called you. And yes you didn't get the wig returned because I'm not returning it. I paid for it and I'll sell it if I have to. I'm a cancer patient and this was a hardship for me. Thanks for nothing.

“Dear Customer,

we regret to let you know that we have no record of sending you incorrect item.
If you were in receipt of incorrect item, Return Authorization was not required, instead, we would've provided you with a prepaid return shipping label, so that the incorrect item may be return at not cost, as a standard practice.
in addition, we have no record of you calling House Of Beauty with your issue, looking for exchange or refund, as all calls are monitored for that very purpose.
phones are unfailingly answered Monday through Friday 9am - 6pm, everyone who needs customer assistance gets through.

we also do not see the item being returned to our warehouse.

HouseOfBeautyWorld Team”

"After submitting a review (below) on no communication for two months on my item, I finally get a response on this review site from HOB about some story about shipping mix up. If HOB had actually read my concerns in the review, it was about lack of communication for two months. And their response on this site is what they should have sent to me 2 months ago when I inquired about my item - to which I have not received a response until now. Responding to a review and offering 20% off on my next order (which, by the way will never happen) is not customer service. Save it and check my inquiries from May and process my refund as requested. And please, have the decency to contact and deal with me directly rather than trying to save face on a public/review site.

*******************************************************
Ordered an item 1st week of May - after hearing nothing for two weeks, I decided to contact HOB on the status of my order and heard nothing back. Ordered my item from another merchant and got it within two weeks. Emailed HOB to request a refund as it was end of May with no response or acknowledgement of my emails and I had not received my item. Initiated a case with PayPal to get my money back. 6 weeks later, I got an automated message stating ' order has shipped'?? Seriously?? They did not honor their shipping time frames. And I understand that things go wrong and delays happen. But that is where communication with clients is important. Again - almost two months, yet to hear from them or even get an apology. If you are considering buying anything from them, and just reading my review makes you feel exhausted, then its enough to save your precious time and steer clear. Unless you don't mind waiting a year for an order (in this day and age), then be my guest.

“Dear Customer,

we deeply regret to let you know that there was a mix up with your order, which resulted in such delay with your parcel's delivery.

your parcel was mistakenly shipped to another one of our customer's with same last name Mitchell.

It took us a few weeks to realize our error, and your parcel was immediately reshipped.

this is an isolated incident in our company's practice, does not happen all the time, and was due to a trivial human/computer error.
we could not be more sorry it had happened to your package.

we would like to ask fore a chance of making it up to you by offering you a 20% discount with your next order, regardless of it's subtotal.

HouseOfBeautyWorld Team”

"Customer service needs a lot of improvement. It took over a month for a resolution regarding expired products they sent me. Out of a handful of representatives I spoke to over the course of month, two were outright rude, two indifferent, and one helpful. The supervisor was never available and did not call me back when I requested one. Although I was told that I would receive a refund for the expired products, I received another set of good ones. At least there was that good. Their products were low-priced but the customer service was so abrasive that I would rather not do business with them again"

“Dear Customer,

we would like to extend you a sincere apology on behalf of Houses Of Beauty for your unpleasant experience.

it took a long time to replace expired product you have received with fresh one, as we were in ongoing dispute with manufacturer of the product due to receipt of expired shipment. we have reshipped fresh product to you as soon as it was replaced in our warehouse.

once again, we are deeply sorry for not being able to fulfill your order to your complete satisfaction.

HouseOfBeautyWorld Team”

"This way my first time purchasing from HouseOfBeautyWorld.com and I would probably order again. I found the prices to be comparable to other sites. I also received my items within the 3-7 days (Standard Shipping) time-frame. Upon arrival, my items were packaged securely and in A1 condition."

"Great shopping experience! Received the product faster than expected. Really appreciated the emails to let me know the progress of shipment and when I could expect delivery. Very pleased and will definitely shop again! Kudos to you!

I don't know why House of Beauty received so many negative comments on Yelp, just goes to show sometimes you have to take a chance and see for yourself when shopping on line. Keep up the good work!!!

"I ordered Black Opal Pore Perfecting Liquid Foundation Au Chocolat . I received Black Opal Liquid Foundation Au Chocolat. Due your return policies I kept the wrong item. I would like to order more however my first experience precludes that"

“Dear Customer,

the order number you indicated in your complaint, hob-331308, belongs to another customer, and was not placed on 6/02/15.
your contact email address, Mrs.dointitwell as indicated in your complaint, does not correspond to any orders on our system.

HouseOfBeautyWorld Team”

"My experience with the House of Beauty World was HORRIBLE...

I placed an order on April 14, 2015. I only received part of the order, but was charged the full amount. I also paid an addt'l $8.95 for expedited shipping (UPS) but the "PARTIAL" order was shipped via the Post Office & didn't arrive until April 23.

I wrote to them numerous times, and called more times than I can remember. I requested a refund for the 2 pks of hair they didn't send & the expedited shipping fees. See the verbiage below. It's a copy of one of the emails I sent.

Email*************

1) I only received part of my order, however, I was charged the full amount. I am missing (Que Deep Braiding Human Hair Bulk 18" - Color 4/27, Qty = 2)
** Please refund the cost of the 2 packs of hair that were NOT shipped - $37.91 (18.95 x 2)

2) I paid $8.95 for "UPS Ground Shipping", however my package was shipped via the United States Postal Service. The email below is what you sent after the package was mailed; it is proof that the shipping method used, was not what I paid extra for. It has a United States Postal Service tracking number, not UPS!
** Please refund the $8.95. The order was not shipped in accordance with the amount paid, therefore I am justifiably due a refund.

This is the fourth time that I have contacted you regarding this matter and no one has replied. This is unacceptable business practice. I have been a regular customer and I'm appalled by the fact that you are treating me this way.

Refund Amount due me: $46.86 ($37.91 for Items NOT Shipped) + ($8.95 Expedited Shipping Fees)
*********************************************************************************

During one phone conversation the representative acknowledged that the items were on back order & had not been sent, but couldn't explain why they charged me anyway.

They refunded me $17.05 on May 14. Where in the heck did that amount come from? That didn't even cover 1 of the 2 pks of hair that wasn't shipped, nor the shipping fee. I have no idea how they came up with that amount. I should received (2 x $18.95 plus $8.95) for a total of $46.86. I called once more after the "PARTIAL Refund", but got no resolution. I became exhausted with the whole situation and just stopped calling.

I will NEVER do business with House of Beauty World again, however I would like for them to refund what they owe me.

with all due fairness:

1) your have received 2 email replies to your order status request you have made on 4/16 on the same day, one saying your order was processed, and another later same day that your order was shipped.

2) your order was placed late in the evening of April 14th, and did not begin processing until next day morning. it is a 24 business hour process, and your order was ready for shipment on time, on April 16th!

a) we have meticulously kept records of what is not included in customer's parcels, including video surveillance, your order was only short only one pack of QUE DEEP braiding hair, for which you have been refunded in timely fashion.
b) the amount of $17.05 represents your cost of one pack of Que Deep Braiding Human Hair Bulk 18" - $18.5 with 10% discount coupon "save10" for which you yourself applied, but neglected to mention your complaint, possibly due to poor math skills (?)

4) due to your location in the state of Arizona, in addition to weight and dimension of your parcel, the ACTUAL cost of UPS ground (3-5 day) for would be around $28.00, you have only been charged $8.95 which was the reason your parcel was sent using USPS ground (3-7 day). your parcel was delivered on 4/21 - 2 days ahead of schedule.

judging by the amount of unfounded negativity in your complaint against HOB, we can only conclude that you have been paid by out competition to post your negative review.

HouseOfBeautyWorld Team”

"Item as described, shipped quickly, and attractive packaging."

"Are you kidding me!!!!!! I never received my order or my money back and I've sent at least 5 or more emails cornering this and have been ignored so I gave up. So there's my shopping experience!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for asking. And that hair was for a special event and I had to buy another kind somewhere else!!!!!! Again Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Share HouseOfBeautyWorld.com's store rating

HouseOfBeautyWorld.com is a Merchant Member! Learn more

HouseOfBeautyWorld.com is a merchant member
HouseOfBeautyWorld.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,848 merchant members.