Stores > Hot Tub Warehouse

866-724-6240

Product & services pricing Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.33/10 8.33/10
Voice your opinion! Review Hot Tub Warehouse by clicking a star below.
2017-05-31

Terrible short ship and no customer service

"6 emails, 4 phone calls, 6 on line chat attempts, no response from anyone. They good reviews on Google but that is BS. If you look around they have a terrible reputation"

2017-05-02

Terrible Customer Service

"I have ordered multiple times from Hot Tub Warehouse (HTW) and received what I ordered for a good price. On 3/26/2013 I ordered a Deluxe Spa Cover and it came with the wrong skirt length. I called customer service and they had me send back just the covering and rebuilt it to correct length and sent back. Happy so far.

Fast forward to 2/6/2017 and I order another Deluxe Spa Cover which I copied the dimensions from the 1st order from 2013 with the exception of adding 1" to dimension B. Received the cover and went to put it on and it has to be turned 90 degrees to fit my spa which means my opener won't work.

I called customer service and spoke to Alexis to see why ordering the same dimensions made the cover backwards from my first cover. Supervisor Kim Winick emailed me a picture of my order dimensions while I was on phone with customer service. They said I ordered it wrong. I asked how is was backwards from the same dimensions of previous cover and they couldn't explain. When I asked to speak with the supervisor, I was told they were gone for the day which was Friday, 1/24/2017. They said supervisor would call on Monday. When Alexis said good by, she didn't disconnect the call and I listened as she starting speaking to a coworker very unprofessionally about me for about 25 seconds before call was disconnected.

No call on Monday 1/27/17. I emailed the supervisor Kim Winick at 8:15 p.m. and she replied to my email the next day with: "I'm sorry about the delay yesterday. I can call this afternoon after 3:30 PM. Thank you for your patience! Kim Winick
Customer Service Manager, www.sunplay.com"

That is where their communication stopped. I emailed multiple times and there has never been a response.

2017-01-03

Not Pleased!

"My hot tub is built into the ground and I was excited to receive this item so I could hopefully vacuum sand and small debris that gets walked into there. I unpacked the Spa Wand and immediately tested it out. This is when I thought to myself; "What a piece of junk". Upon pumping the handle per the instructions, the whole body of this thing filled with water and sprayed out of the top of the handle all over me. being as it's cold here in the winter, this was a very unpleasent experience. I called Hot Tub Warehouse right away to request a return, as obviously this thing is totally defective and they said since I used it that I couldn't return it and had to deal with the manufacturer direct. I'm not happy with the un-usable product and how was I to know that it was defective without trying it, hence, I am not happy with the Hot Tub Warehouse either! Oh and another thing, the email HTW sent me to review them and the product wouldn't submit when I marked "one star" so I had to place this review a different way!!

Update; I contacted the Zodiac Co and they are sending me out a replacement and a shipping label to return the defective one. They said it should not spray water out the handle like this. So, great customer care from the manufacturer. I am just not use to a retailer in this case Hot Tub Warehouse not taking back a defective product that they sold.

2016-12-22

Shipment arrived quickly!

"Great company to do business with. Items in stock and competitively pricing. Free shipping too! I expected the order in a week or so but actually had everything within 3 days!"

2016-12-18

Several calls No promised Returned calls!!

"Ordered shocks for my cover valet, item name and picture were the same as my old shocks. Delivery was quick, but i recieved 2 shocks and only one set of new hardware. The shocks were different then what was ordered. After 4 calls and each person telling me they would work, but they would call the manufacturer and see and then call me back. Not 1 time did i recieve a call back. Now i will call again to get a return shipping label and rma number if they will even do it. Terrible liars and terrible customer service, I WILL NEVER DO BUSINESSWITH THEM AGAIN. I already cancelled my $220.00 dallor order for new jets and will purchase them somewhere else!!!!"

2016-09-12

Patience and Positive Dialog Works Best

"I had a defective Waterway pump that failed about 10 months into the 18 month warranty period. Hot Tub Warehouse contacted Waterway who agreed to replace the pump. I should have sent RMA paperwork and motor labels via registered and insured mail but used 1st class mail instead. The paperwork got misplaced somewhere for the better part of a month. Luckily I had made copies of all the paperwork and was able to provide the digital copies in addition to the originals. After several positive but persistent email exchanges with the warranty group they either found the original paper of decided to do the right thing and I received the replacement pump. Kudos to the company for making good on the warranty despite the rocky road to get there. "

2016-04-25

cheap products, crappie warranties, poor customer service

"Save your money, time and a lot of humiliation
Remember you get what you pay for and if you buy here you deserve what you get.

2016-01-29

Don't believe warranties

"Well, don't believe their warranties. I have a leaking pump that is 1 year 5 months old and am told it is not covered although it has a 3 year warranty per below. It has been an increasing leak that is now an almost solid stream. Perhaps it is Waterway, perhaps it it Hot Tub Warehouse. Either way I am less than half way through the stated warranty time below.

The assertion that it is covered for three years then is simply not true. See, for example,
which says "3 Year manufacturers warranty"

Here is my order info:
Your order number is 96116, placed 08/11/2014 at 12:45PM.
Code Item Qty Price Grand Total
3410610-1A Waterway Executive 1.5 HP 1 Speed 48 Frame 115 Volt Pump 3410610-1A
1 $204.95 $204.95

Per hot tub warehouse on 1/29/16:
We are emailing you, to update you letting you know that Waterway has replied. Unfortunately, this claim has been denied as the pump serial number proves this pump warranty is now expired. Due to this, they will be unable to allow us or themselves, to send you any replacement free of charge. We do apologize.

So, after writing back I got this, justifying why it was not covered. Problem is, I am under 2 years also....

Hi Anne!
We do apologize for this inconvenience. We take into consideration, that Waterway added an additional year to these warranties as of 2015, for our vending to customers. Yours being purchased in 2014, is why it was unable to be honored. As in that year, they were still being sold with only 2 year coverage. If you wish to replace the wet end, we will be happy to discount this by $10.00 so you are not obligated to pay our full price. Should you desire to purchase it, through us.
Please let us know how you wish to proceed.

Anne Arendt
5:02 PM (37 minutes ago)
to info
Well, I am actually still under 2 years to so that explanation doesn't fly. I shall just post my reviews and go elsewhere for another product with companies that do follow their warranties hopefully.

2015-08-01

"Several un-eventful transactions, then A heater jumper strap was received on an order with a separated retention nut. I notified them right away - "sorry its now out of stock - expecting them next week" Multiple follow up contacts and emails always initiated by me- and now the 3rd round of query and they are not even responding. It's been months and they are ignoring me. Only a $2.95 part, but they have now lost a customer over it- I'll take my future business elsewhere. Buyer beware."

2015-05-18

"Ordered a Wavemaster pump on a Wednesday and requested expedited shipping. Hot Tub Warehouse immediately deducted funds from my bank account and sent an order confirmation. After that nothing. Had to call three times to get a real person since they don't return phone messages or emails. Real person said they had been having phone problems and had a lot of emails to go through. Also said item wasn't in stock contrary to web site when I ordered. Had no explanation for not contacting me. When I asked to speak to a manager was told they were too busy. Didn't even ask for my phone number to followup re complaint. Nice website to lure you in, way below par service can't meet claims made on website. Asked to cancel order and told it would take at least two days to return money. Getting pump repaired was to be a surprise for my wife for wedding anniversary, guess no surprise until I get a pump from elsewhere. Thanks Hot Tub Warehouse!"

2014-08-11

"I ordered a Waterway pump from Hot Tub Warehouse. I was charged for 2 pumps, only recieved 1, but did not notice this until later because a pool and spa company installed the pump and had all the paperwork with them. Upon realizing the bogus charge, I contacted their customer service and was told they can prove I ordered 2 pumps, 2 pumps left their warehouse, and FedEx delivered 2 pumps. I was told to take it up with FedEx. I assured Hot Tub Warehouse that I only ordered 1, as my hot tub only uses 1 pump, and I only recieved 1 pump they proceeded to tell me I was wrong and had an Oh well attitude. So, I will be fighting this to the bitter end....$315 overage is a bit too much.."

2014-05-19

"I ordered Part # 3410830-10 they instead sent me # 3410830-15. I reached out to them to have them to do one of the following:

A. Send me correct wet end so my hubby can fix it and return the other wet end.
B. Send me a return authorization
c. Refund

They opted for none of the above. They insisted on me sending them pictures to PROVE that I was not lying. Why would someone lie about a pool pump? I sent them a picture. They wanted me to return the 50lb pump at my cost and pay a 10% restocking fee. They also hung up on me Three times as well.

Obviously I contacted my credit card company AND the Better Business Bureau.

2013-10-01

"I bought a spa cover lifter for our new hot tub. Our hot tub is located at our cabin so once we received the lifter at our home it took a few weeks to get it to the cabin and install it.

After a couple of hours and getting literally to the final step, it was evident that the product was defective. I de-installed the unit, requested and received an RMA # and sent it back. They denied the return. I requested in writing on multiple occasions to call me to discuss. They ignored the requests, they were non responsive to my emails. Instead they sent it back to our home saying return rejected.

They had multiple times to properly handle this customer issue and each time refused. They ignored the customer.

I would never purchase anything from them again. The worst on line purchasing experience I've ever had. They don't stand behind defective products. They don't respond to customer inquiries. They don't stand behind their own actions when they did provide an RMA #.

2013-03-05

"Fast shipping and Good Prices!"

2013-03-05

"Hot Tub Warehouse is my go-to place for everything related to my hot tub. They have great prices and fast shipping, what more could I ask for?"

Share Hot Tub Warehouse's store rating

Hot Tub Warehouse is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Hot Tub Warehouse is not a merchant member
Hot Tub Warehouse does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!