Stores > Hot Topic

Product & services pricing Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.50/10 0.50/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.50/10 1.50/10
Voice your opinion! Review Hot Topic by clicking a star below.
2017-10-19

Worst customer service ever

"I'm in Australia and this was the first time ive ever ordered anything from Hot Topic and it was appauling! Ordered two items on 18 October but turned out i unfortunatelt had to cancel the order for money reasons (shipping internationally can be quite expensive). So the next day after searching the website for information on how to cancel the order made less than 24 hours ago i was having trouble finding any information so I contacted their customer service team through Facebook and they were awful. Possibly the most patronising and rude staff I've ever spoken to. No welcome or thank you for contacting us just "As mentioned both online and in your confirmation order email there is a one business hour grace period where the order can be edited." Followed up with screenshots of the website where the highlighted the one sentence in a full page if FAQS notes that you only have one hour to change the order and they will not cancel it. However i responded and explained that nowhere on my confirmation email that I received did it state this but I understood that it does say it on the website. I suggested the take on the feedback that the cancelation isn't very clear or easy to locate the information online and they responded with more screenshots! It's the most ridiculous customer service ive ever received. Not to mention the cancelation policy. One HOUR to cancel the order, it's completely stupid. Never again."

2017-10-14

6 months later and I still didn't receive my products

"I've purchased a skinny jeans, a pair of sneakers and a sweatshirt on July and I still did not receive my order. I called customer service and it was a waste of my time , the guy was nice but he didn't give me any information about my order. I don't even have hope anymore that I will get my package, if you don't want to stress yourself, DO NOT ORDER ON HOTTOPICS.COM"

2017-10-06

Not so hot

"I ordered, had a confirmation e mail and then nothing. 10 days later I asked about my order. They never contacted me in that time and my order was lost. I was out 45 dollars worth of hot cash (store cedit) and all but 1 of the items I ordered were no longer available. There was no attempt from customer service to right their error. They were "sorry" about that. "

2017-10-02

NEVER get my order right!

"I've ordered from them 4 times. They screwed up ALL 4 of my orders. They sell things they're out of. They cancel orders over the phone and then ship them out anyway. They take FOREVER to give refunds. People on the phone always screw stuff up. In the day and age of the internet, they're not going to last as a company if their internet game is so weak. They need to reimagine their inventory strategy and give their customers service reps more training and more tools that connect them directly to the live inventory and the warehouse to better serve customers. If they keep going like this, they'll fail. "

2017-09-30

Do not order online!!!

"Ordered 3 pop vinyls received 2 of them crushed before they were even put in the box and sent to me really! They send out damaged items, reciept stated I could return them thru any store, was told at the store read the fine print you must send them back because you paid with Paypal wasted time and gas on one trip and now must waste more time and gas to the post office no more purchases from hot topic ever again!!! Change your policy on returns and don't send out worthless crushed merchandise!!"

2017-09-12

Gave me the wrong thing

"I ordered a dress and thigh highs and selected that it'd be shipped to my local ht. Instead, I received a pair of boots which were sent to my house. I'm beyond confused. There is never any convenience with Hot Topic. You have to be very very patient lmao "

2017-08-25

DO NOT BUT AT HOT TOPIC! Never got my shipment that i paid PRIORITY OVERNIGHT service.

"DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY AT HOT TOPIC!!!!!
Never got the item we paid for and we paid for overnight shipping. called customer service and was lied to, they said we did not purchase before cut off time, but we were hours ahead of 11am. the LIAR at hot topic said shipment would be delivered by end of the day. it never arrived. the tracking hot topic provided indicates the shipment never left hot topic. my MONEY was taken immediately from my account, but now no one is bothering to resolve this issue.

2017-08-24

Yep terrible

"I ordered an item shipped to store. When I came to get it, it was the wrong item. Now the item is sold out and they said we are making no more.
So they messed up- customer service response - sorry, not sorry. Store service is fantastic. Online reviews were correct- they **** at their job.

2017-07-25

Horrible

"I placed an order 6/21 which was shipped 6/30. I had my order shipped to the hot topic closest to me. Up to now I still haven't received my order, it has already been over a month. They said they'd send me an email once it reached the store. According to their policy it can take up to 14 business days, which have already passed. I spoke with customer service over the phone, polite but they were no help, basically stated exactly what was on the email that the order had shipped and it would take up to 14 business days. I checked tracking but no information available, stated the order is "in process." I tried calling the store to see if they had my package, they just hung up on me. I usually don't make a fuss about things like this, but I online shop and I've never had this kind of experience even with packages overseas. I emailed customer service about the situation, still waiting for a response. Never shopping on hot topic online ever again."

2017-07-19

Customer Service is a joke

"Tried to place an order 2 1/2 weeks ago. They were having some good deals, but as soon as I entered more than $30 worth of merchandise into my cart, the deals were wiped out $15 was deducted from my total. I did not enter any promo codes. Called customer service. They were absolutely useless and very frustrating. Ended up having to split my order in 2, losing my HotCash. A week later, I received 2 emails stating my orders had shipped. The next day, I received an email saying that one of my orders was ready for pickup. No word on the other order. I have called twice now to see what is going on with the second order. The 1st time, they told me it should be in the store the next day. I called again today (6 days later) and they said they have no tracking and cannot tell me when the order will arrive. I would suggest that if you need to receive something within a reasonable amount of time, avoid HotTopic.com. Go to the physical store or order it elsewhere."

2017-06-05

No loyalty

"These guys have no customer loyalty, I've been shopping there for years and most of my clothes and everyday items, were from you guys. Been shopping at the same location for 4 years too. But I never return anything so I didn't read the fine print of the receipt for tags being attached to returns. No one was willing to help me out, even though i had the tags and receipt with me. and I've spent thousands with you guys and was in the process of buying more. I recently lost a lot of weight and need so many new clothes, I won't be getting them with you guys."

2017-04-17

Terrible customer service

"I placed an order on Easter, my daughter informed me that she wanted to switch out one of the three shirts we bought with another item. I called early Monday morning to modify the item for a similar item of the same price. They informed me it was too late, I would have had to have modified within one hour of purchase. They are not shipping my items for ten days...they are clearly unwilling to do right by their customers, the items are not even packaged. I wasn't even trying to get a refund! I spend tons of money in store for my daughter but intend to never shop there again. I will be out the shipping but plan to return everything and never return. I would have understood if the items were on their way, but it was clear they did not even attempt to even try and help me. Reps were pleasant but completely non-effective."

2017-04-05

Really ??

" I don't even know where to begin… I ordered a specifically themed Queen size sheet set for a good friend 3 1/2 weeks ago… Since that time I have been told that it was on backorder, that it had been shipped and most recently that they were sending me an entirely different product instead… A comforter set… I just don't even understand where any of this is OK… The only compensation I was offered was a 25% off my next purchase coupon… I am so over this place… Horrible customer service… "

2017-03-07

Received the wrong item, didn't get a refund

"Ordered a figurine from their website and received the completely wrong item. Asked if I could get it replaced or refunded but nothing was done about it, so now I'm stuck with an item I didn't want."

2017-02-21

They deserve to go under...

"Either they need to fix their online inventory or they cancel orders to void coupon codes and free shipping discounts. Shady business practice. Customer service needs to follow-through on their cases but instead they pass a claim along so one is forced to explain their case multiple times. Their in-store staff need to be trained to mark items as having been picked up. This company needs to go down."

Share Hot Topic's store rating

Hot Topic is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Hot Topic is not a merchant member
Hot Topic does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!