Stores > HomeTech Solutions

888-257-4406
      408-257-4389
      presales@hometech.com
      408-257-4406

Voice your opinion! Review HomeTech Solutions by clicking a star below.
2017-07-18

Rip Off

"Shady business practices: Home-Tech, Totally took advantage of my 95 year old mother
I write this because I really believe that Home-Tech ripped off my 95 year old mother. Their unfair and shady business practices show their real character and what they think about their customers.
My mom who has actually been a long term customer of Home-Tech and has done business with them for many years. She recently needed a new home air conditioner and purchased it from the people who she had been doing business with over many years, Home-Tech.
After a year and a half the air conditioner broke down. Of course right after the warranty ran out. Well OK, parts are covered, we just have to pay the labor to replace the MAJOR COMPONANTS (Blower motor and Module) of her air handler, the part of the unit that is in the attic. Here is where the shady part comes into play.
Their first trip was to diagnose the problem and they charged her by charging her a trip charge, $159.00 and then so much, $35 for every 15 minutes thereafter. Again OK it was after hours and it is the middle of July (2017) but it still wound up being $194.00 to tell her that they sold her something defective. They spent a total of 35 minutes at her house FOR $195.00. That includes arriving, set up, diagnosis, and paperwork and clean up, everything 35 minutes, $195.00. Pretty high but OK.
Now that they know what’s wrong they say it was going to be another $389.00 to replace the defective blower motor and the module. So that was kinda of a hard pill to swallow considering of the age of the unit, but it was the middle of July and my 95 year old mother needed air condition. So OK (again) go ahead. I thought it was an obscenely high price and said so. She asked to make sure she was only paying the labor portion and not parts because it was so high. We talked and I picture the tech coming to her home and having to work in the furnace of the attic, struggling to replace the motor. With their service rates are $159.00 trip charge and $35.00 for every fifteen minutes thereafter. I figure the price is so high because he is going to have to spend a couple of hours up there. BOY WAS I WRONG!! He spent just 10 minutes repairing her unit and 20 minutes on everything else (set up, clean up and paperwork) so $389.00 for 30 minutes!!! I thought what the heck is going on here.
So I called. I was not able talk to anybody but I was able to leave a message for the Service Manager, Ryan Thibaudeau and waited for a call back. Well no call back that day so I decided to go by the office to discuss my concerns. I was able to speak to Ryan and he apologized that he was too busy to call me back but we could talk about my concerns. I asked for his help in understanding the charges and maybe some assistance for my 95 year old mother who has been a long term customer of theirs. We spoke about what happened and all of a sudden it changed from hourly rates to a Flat Rate to change the parts. That was the first time anybody said anything about the change of rate from trip/hourly to flat rate. Really $389.00 for 30 minutes of work. Well not really, again we need to talk about set up, clean up and paperwork. My mother said he was in the attic for less than 10 minutes. If someone, anyone had said it was a flat rate charge of $389.00 for the work I would have defiantly shopped that price. It sounds like they are charging me for the parts too. He said he could not do anything for me but he would talk to his manager and call me back the following day with their decision about my request for assistance.
So I waited for Ryan to call back. The next day goes by and I guess Ryan is too busy to call me back again. At the end of the next day Ryan called me back and said he had talked to Tom Rohde the General Manager and they decided that there was nothing they would do about their charges and that the charges would stand. I told him I was unhappy and that I was not going to be silent about this and his response was to tell me that the President of Home-Tech thinks they did not charge her enough… What? Really? Didn’t charge her enough? What kind of business are they running here? I dare say if they would do that type of business practice to my 95 year old mother, they are doing it to others too.
Buyer Beware!! Home-Tech is Shady and should not be trusted. Shame on you Home-Tech. Do not do business with this shady company, but if you do don’t let them rip you off like they did my 95 year old mother.

2013-01-22

"Product came quickly and is perfect. Best price too!"

2013-01-22

"Slow Shipping....it took them nine days to deliver. Sent customer service an email requesting a shipping date but never heard back. "

2013-01-18

"Got my order as expected."

2013-01-16

"I was lead to believe the product was in stock and would arrive within 2-3 days. Fine print does say stock status and shipping dates are estimates. I did receive e-mail updates during the process. Price of product was awesome! Shipping cost was higher than others (almost twice the product cost). "

2013-01-08

"I have ordered from them several times and am happy each time. I also had to return some items from this last order and that went well.

sometimes pricing isnt the lowest but my positive past experience gives them the advantage over a lower cost but unknown supplier.

2013-01-08

"HomeTech had all the QuickPort parts I needed, at better prices than HomeDepot and they got here fast!"

2012-11-20

"I've been their customer since they opened for business. Their customer service ranks with the very best and yet their pricing is highly competitive. This is a very rare combination and is the reason I go to their website first for my home automation and A/V needs."

2012-11-07

"exactly what i wanted at a fair price"

2012-10-22

"Great transaction. Ordered some Lacing Bars for my Middle Atlantic Server. Product was just as described. Home Tech shipped out the next day after I ordered (It was after shipping cutoff), and the product arrived as they forecasted. Couldn't be happier. "

2012-09-25

"Good product, great service, people are considerate and care about the customer. "

2012-09-11

"Order arrived quick and no issues. Would definitely order from again."

2012-09-06

"The ordering process was well orchestrated, the check out was simple, and the service was as-promised. Follow up emails kept me informed, and the product was exactly what I was looking for.

Excellent experience.

2012-08-29

"Fast, as advertised, completely satisfied!"

2012-08-12

"They filled my order very promptly with exactly what I ordered.

My only criticism is how long it took the UPS "Pony Express" to travel across the country. Eight dollars for < one lb, and to take a week to be delivered I feel is a bit much for such slow delivery.

Share HomeTech Solutions's store rating

HomeTech Solutions is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

HomeTech Solutions is not a merchant member
HomeTech Solutions does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!