• Address: 2 Auer Ct. Suite EEast Brunswick, NJ

Chance of future purchase: Rating 7.38/10 7.38/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 6.79/10 6.79/10
    Customer service: Rating 8.21/10 8.21/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10

"Furniture was exactly what we expected and in great condition. Delivery is not inside your home. Truck leaves it in your garage and you must move furniture into your home yourself."

"Such good service! My Siesta recliner is like sitting on a cloud. I may have to order the couch. Power lift is definitely the way to go."

"The ottoman I ordered and received was exactly as advertised at a great price compared to several local retailers I received quotes from. Homelement sent timely email updates on the progress of the order which was delayed by manufacturer back-order. I received the ottoman in great shape, on the date indicated in the email notification and it was packaged very wisely and easy to open. I would recommend this online dealer."

"The loveseat and couch I purchase had the look I expected, but was disappointed with the pillows that came on both they are flimsly and will not hold up for long . It would have been helpful if they were filled with something that would make them sturdier. Also the material is also not very comfortable to the skin."

"i'm really satisfied with my order and how they did the job. would buy again from homelement"

"Overall, our experience with Homelement has been above average. The online order was processed quickly with a clearly stated delivery date. However, when we were not available on that date, the shipper indicated that it would be at least another week before the love seat would arrive. Probably not Homelement's direct problem but it does raise some concerns about who they're hiring. Also the love seat was wrapped in blue tarp material with a piece of cardboard strapped to each end - not completely covered as I would have expected. Even the delivery guy wondered how it had arrived in such great condition given the lack of packaging. Generally, the price was great but the after-the-sale process left something to be desired. I would suggest that potential buyers contact Customer Service before buying to verify how their item will be packaged."

"With all of the bad reviews we read AFTER we made our purchase, we thought we'd take a minute to write of our experience. While it was not the best experience we've ever had buying furniture, it was pretty good. 11 days after we placed the order, we were contacted by Homelement and told that the couch that we had ordered was on back order until May 30th. On April 25th, we received notification that our order had shipped. Today is May 2nd, and our furniture was delivered. We knew the delivery was curbside only, so we didn't have high expectations. Unfortunately, the couch was heavier than we expected (for us, two women). The truck delivering the furniture did not come equipped with a lift, or even a ramp and dolly. The first piece (of 3 pieces) was practically dropped from the bed of the truck and was torn a little as a result. The remaining pieces were eased down with the help of the man delivering the furniture. Although we read many delivery horror stories, the man delivering the furniture was very sweet and even helped us get the large, heavy pieces through the front door (which he probably wasn't supposed to do and I hope this statement doesn't get him in any trouble). As for the damage, it was a small tear that we were able to sew up, even as non-experienced sewers. It's not perfect but I don't think anyone would be able to tell unless we were to point it out. Overall, it was a good experience. "

"I ordered bar stools from Homelement and was completely satisfied with their service. I needed to make some changes after order was placed and they were extremely helpful with this. The order arrived as scheduled in perfect condition. The product quality was beyond my expectations. I liked them so much I have a pending order for the matching table and chairs."

"I ordered a clock from Homelements and although they were out of the product it was sent to me at a later date in very good condition. In the meantime I found the same clock at another store for 50% off so though it wasn't Homelement's fault, I could have got the same clock at a better price. I will shop at Homelement again, but will do more price comparison.

"My shopping experience with Home Element was great. The customer service department was friendly and helpful. I received regular e-mail updates on my order progress. The shipping company called ahead and made the delivery to my convenience. The driver was also friendly and helpful."

"Five Stars: It was just what I was looking for. It was well-represented on the web site. It arrived quickly. And the price was the best I could find -- saving about 40% off what I would have paid otherwise. I would definitely recommend Homelement to a friend."

"We unfortunately had a very bad experience with Homelement. We ordered two nightstands and a bed. When everything arrived, the bed was damaged (structural and shipping damages). We were sent a replacement bed and it was damaged as well! This time the damage was not at all due to shipping, it was just a poorly made bed. We wanted to return everything, since it was all a matching set, but were told we'd be charged a restocking fee for the nightstands because they weren't damaged. We instead asked to just return the bed. We were offered a full refund for the bed but not for shipping. We called in and tried to get our shipping costs refunded but had no luck. We asked if they cared about customer satisfaction and were told that yes ... they did ... which is they had 'apologized' for the damaged bed. We were very frustrated to end up with only two nightstands that ended up costing quite a bit considering the shipping we paid. Now we have to try and find a bed to match. Not fun."

"Excellent bed. Could not wait to get it. My son (16) and I put it together in just about 30 minutes. Love the contemporary look and it is very sturdy. Have had it now for about three months and it is still as good as the day we got it!
The bed came with all its pieces and was ready to be assembled. Not difficult at all.

"We were very satisfied with the product being as advertised, timely shipping and great setup from the delivery people. As needed, will chose to order from you
in the future.

"My experience with home element has been the worst of any online order I have ever placed. Their website claims of the providing the most helpful and friendliest customer service are flat out false. Perhaps they may provide helpful and friendly service to a satisfied customer or one with a small problem, but if you have a major issue, such as a piece of furniture that arrives so damaged it must be refused, they cannot help you. The "claims manager" cannot do anything to rectify your situation and there is nobody else with whom you can speak because the "owners" don't speak with dissatisfied customers. To top that off, you go to the "back of the line" if you have had to refuse a piece of furniture even due to damage, as we were told by their "helpful customer service rep." and "claims manager", when it comes to receiving a replacement piece of furniture.

We placed and order on Jan. 7th for a chair and sofa, and now, on March 22, we still do not have a sofa as the sofa was literally broken upon delivery. There is no doubt in my mind WHY it was broken, as it was not packaged for shipping anywhere. It was literally stuck in a cardboard box. Nothing at all to protect from any kind of impact. It was simply in a box, wrapped in a piece of fabric. Not at all suitable for a piece of "fine furniture" shipping from overseas.

After refusing the damaged sofa, it took home element a full TWO WEEKS to even let us know when a replacement sofa would be shipped. This information came to us only after we called them several times requesting an update and after many unreturned phone calls from them after one of their "helpful representatives". Finally we were informed by email that our sofa would ship in another FOUR weeks.

The "helpful representatives" at home element will also blame absolutely everything that has gone wrong with your order on the manufacturer. As if they do not choose the manufacturers with whom they do business. As if they bear no responsibility whatsoever even though they are apparently the customer service side of this business. As if they and the manufacturers whose furniture they choose to distribute are not essentially one in the same considering nobody can actually contact the manufacturer. It seems to me that this business is set up to avoid any customer actually getting in touch with any person who can actually help them in the event that something serious goes wrong with their order.

I've spoken with one person at home element that was mildly understanding to our situation. The other six or seven times we've spoken with someone, the person was rude, unhelpful, unable to provide any resolution and actually became snooty at our nerve to continue to question the situation. It may be possible to receive acceptable furniture via home element, but be aware that they have no say in, and no idea what the actual quality of the furniture is or how it is packaged for shipping, and simply do not care if you receive a quality piece of furniture that arrives in one piece. After they have been paid, you and your problems, go to the back of the line.

I will never order anything from this company again and I would not recommend doing business with home element.

modified review Rep reply posted Mar-26-2014

Homelement, Homelement rep has responded

“We sincerely apologize for the issue that you have with your order. It is definitely a mishap from our end and we sincerely apologize. Based on your order note, our claim department has reached out to you regarding this. If you have further concern, please don't hesitate to contact us.”

Homelement is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Homelement is a merchant member
Homelement participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,880 merchant members.