Store Information Store Info
  • Rating 7.70/10 336 reviews

Homelement is a merchant member
    Homelement participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,877 merchant members.
  • Homelement contact information

Shipping & packaging: Rating 6.32/10 6.32/10
    Customer service: Rating 7.32/10 7.32/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 4.17/10 4.17/10

Rating 8/104/5

"I ordered a clock from Homelements and although they were out of the product it was sent to me at a later date in very good condition. In the meantime I found the same clock at another store for 50% off so though it wasn't Homelement's fault, I could have got the same clock at a better price. I will shop at Homelement again, but will do more price comparison.

"My shopping experience with Home Element was great. The customer service department was friendly and helpful. I received regular e-mail updates on my order progress. The shipping company called ahead and made the delivery to my convenience. The driver was also friendly and helpful."

"Five Stars: It was just what I was looking for. It was well-represented on the web site. It arrived quickly. And the price was the best I could find -- saving about 40% off what I would have paid otherwise. I would definitely recommend Homelement to a friend."

"We unfortunately had a very bad experience with Homelement. We ordered two nightstands and a bed. When everything arrived, the bed was damaged (structural and shipping damages). We were sent a replacement bed and it was damaged as well! This time the damage was not at all due to shipping, it was just a poorly made bed. We wanted to return everything, since it was all a matching set, but were told we'd be charged a restocking fee for the nightstands because they weren't damaged. We instead asked to just return the bed. We were offered a full refund for the bed but not for shipping. We called in and tried to get our shipping costs refunded but had no luck. We asked if they cared about customer satisfaction and were told that yes ... they did ... which is they had 'apologized' for the damaged bed. We were very frustrated to end up with only two nightstands that ended up costing quite a bit considering the shipping we paid. Now we have to try and find a bed to match. Not fun."

"Excellent bed. Could not wait to get it. My son (16) and I put it together in just about 30 minutes. Love the contemporary look and it is very sturdy. Have had it now for about three months and it is still as good as the day we got it!
The bed came with all its pieces and was ready to be assembled. Not difficult at all.

"We were very satisfied with the product being as advertised, timely shipping and great setup from the delivery people. As needed, will chose to order from you
in the future.

"My experience with home element has been the worst of any online order I have ever placed. Their website claims of the providing the most helpful and friendliest customer service are flat out false. Perhaps they may provide helpful and friendly service to a satisfied customer or one with a small problem, but if you have a major issue, such as a piece of furniture that arrives so damaged it must be refused, they cannot help you. The "claims manager" cannot do anything to rectify your situation and there is nobody else with whom you can speak because the "owners" don't speak with dissatisfied customers. To top that off, you go to the "back of the line" if you have had to refuse a piece of furniture even due to damage, as we were told by their "helpful customer service rep." and "claims manager", when it comes to receiving a replacement piece of furniture.

We placed and order on Jan. 7th for a chair and sofa, and now, on March 22, we still do not have a sofa as the sofa was literally broken upon delivery. There is no doubt in my mind WHY it was broken, as it was not packaged for shipping anywhere. It was literally stuck in a cardboard box. Nothing at all to protect from any kind of impact. It was simply in a box, wrapped in a piece of fabric. Not at all suitable for a piece of "fine furniture" shipping from overseas.

After refusing the damaged sofa, it took home element a full TWO WEEKS to even let us know when a replacement sofa would be shipped. This information came to us only after we called them several times requesting an update and after many unreturned phone calls from them after one of their "helpful representatives". Finally we were informed by email that our sofa would ship in another FOUR weeks.

The "helpful representatives" at home element will also blame absolutely everything that has gone wrong with your order on the manufacturer. As if they do not choose the manufacturers with whom they do business. As if they bear no responsibility whatsoever even though they are apparently the customer service side of this business. As if they and the manufacturers whose furniture they choose to distribute are not essentially one in the same considering nobody can actually contact the manufacturer. It seems to me that this business is set up to avoid any customer actually getting in touch with any person who can actually help them in the event that something serious goes wrong with their order.

I've spoken with one person at home element that was mildly understanding to our situation. The other six or seven times we've spoken with someone, the person was rude, unhelpful, unable to provide any resolution and actually became snooty at our nerve to continue to question the situation. It may be possible to receive acceptable furniture via home element, but be aware that they have no say in, and no idea what the actual quality of the furniture is or how it is packaged for shipping, and simply do not care if you receive a quality piece of furniture that arrives in one piece. After they have been paid, you and your problems, go to the back of the line.

I will never order anything from this company again and I would not recommend doing business with home element.

modified review reply posted Mar-26-2014

Homelement, Homelement rep has responded

“We sincerely apologize for the issue that you have with your order. It is definitely a mishap from our end and we sincerely apologize. Based on your order note, our claim department has reached out to you regarding this. If you have further concern, please don't hesitate to contact us.”

"We had a very nice experience with ordering our floor-to-ceiling bookshelves through Homelement. The customer service was courteous, helpful and informative. They kept us updated on our ship date and the company they used for their white-glove delivery was very professional and provided good service. We are very happy with our purchase."

"Everything is very nice. Only complaint is they were going to drop the furniture off in front of the drive way instead of in front of the house?? Wife finally talked them into dropping it off up the driveway and out of the snow"

Rating 8/104/5

"Price was decent, but made better by the offered military discount. I appreciate when companies honor those who serve.
Shipping was below average. The order did not leave the warehouse on its intended date therefore making it arrive on the following Monday vice the previous Friday per its listed arrival date. This was made into a problem because I was not informed that it wouldn't arrive on the scheduled date until I called to ask where it was in the delivery process in the late afternoon after taking the day off from work to meet the delivery truck.
The quality was as I expected. Good material in good condition. We are highly enjoying our new furniture.

"Good experience ordering online. Item arrived within the estimated time frame, actually on the early side, and in good condition. would order from this vendor again. "

"The furniture was very nice and a GREAT price! Delivered on time and a great Christmas surprise for my son!!"

Rating 8/104/5

"I love my Catnapper! It is so comfortable, which is good since I will be sleeping on it for 24 hours after my sinus surgery! My brother has 2 catnappers and highly recommended them.

I did not, owever, ave a good experience with delivery. VRC Freight called me to set up delivery time for 1/24 between 4:30 and 8:00PM. I Got home a little before 4:30 to find my chair sitting on my front porch. The box was in good condition, but it took over an hour for this 5'2" 66 year old woman to get that chair inside. Then I had to put it together and there were no directions for how to do that. All I can say is thank goodness it did not rain that day.

"I was looking for a dual rocker/recliner loveseat (which is not easy to find). In searching the web, I found HOMELEMENT. They had two beautiful Catnapper loveseats which met my needs, AND at a much better price than I had expected. The ordering process was very easy, and HOMELEMENT continually updated me as to my order status. The loveseat was delivered within a month and it is beautiful and extremely high quality! I am so happy with the product and the service. I am sitting in my comfy loveseat as I'm writing this, with my cat next to me (she quickly claimed half of the loveseat as hers), and I am a very happy customer!"

"From the placement of the order to the delivery the process was smooth and easy. We are very happy with the product as well as as the Homelement customer service we had. Before we ordered the product we called to ask details not already listed on the web page. They were patient with us and even called the manufacturer to make sure all the information we asked about was correct. The boxes that arrived were a bit dented, but the actual items inside were free from any damage. We had originally saw the product we ordered with another company, but Homelement matched the price (we were hoping they would beat the price, but they would only match it),they also guaranteed a faster delivery time so we went with them. Over all Homelement has earned our business for future purchases."