• Address: 1000 Shiloh Rd. Ste 100 Plano, TX 75074
    • Contact: info@htd.com
    • Phone: 1-866-483-2834
    • Customer Support: 1-866-483-2834
    • Business Hours: 8:00am - 6:00pm Central Monday - Friday Closed Saturday/Sunday

"I have placed several orders from HTD over the past four years. My recent order was for a full refit of the audio components in my home theater and included (3) HD-W80 in-wall speakers, (2) HD-R65AIM in-ceiling speakers, (2) Level 2 surround dipole / bipole speakers, and a Level 3 powered subwoofer. For the in-wall and in-ceiling speakers I custom built boxes that are concealed behind the drywall. The boxes are built from birch plywood with the recommended interior volume for each of the respective speakers, and contain convoluted foam to minimize cabinet resonance. I designed the system with recommendation from an HTD engineer, and made minor placement adjustments during installation to accommodate room dimensions.
The resulting 7.1 system is very smooth across the entire sound field, with a deep authoritative low end. It took some adjustments at the receiver to achieve the smoothness I wanted for movie audio. For the record: I operate the surrounds in dipole mode and adjusted my receiver's subwoofer crossover point to allow the front channels to deliver more of the low mids. Overall the system performance is very good and has impressed my audiophile friends. Movies with DTS audio tracks (e.g., Pacific Rim) really show off the detail and sensitivity of the full system, plus the mighty wallop of the sub for action scenes. My friends are shocked when I reveal the total price for the speaker system! Granted, I did spend a lot of time and some additional money building the custom boxes, pulling wire, and making careful choices in speaker placement.
Prior to this purchase I gave HTD an extended multi-year test by installing (5) pair of HTD MP-R65 in-ceiling speakers throughout the upper level of my house, and (2) pair of HTD Q50-B speakers outside on the deck. Based on the great sound from the whole-house system, I knew this would be a good choice for the dedicated theater room.
For the price/performance ratio, these speakers are astonishing. You can certainly spend a great deal more on boutique branded speakers if you wish. I had the opportunity to listen to a number of options before deciding to go with HTD on this project and I'm very satisfied. Another good test of the system is my 5.1 DTS audio CD of Bach's Toccata and Fugue in D minor. The system (still in dipole mode) reveals the clarity of the fundamental bass, plus the dimension of the air movement in the upper register pipes.
HTD speakers are very good, and very high quality. I chose HTD for this install because I knew the results would be fantastic, and everyone who experiences movie night at my house asks for details on how mine was built.

"This merchant provides top notch customer service to match their level of product quality and design. They typically ship same day and their double-boxed packaging and internal foam protects product against the rigors of shipping such heavy merchandise - in my case 55 lbs each (Level Three Towers). In my experience, they really care about their customers and I look forward to going to HTD for all my future audio equipment needs. I will also recommend them first to anyone seeking great sounding, high quality equipment."

"High quality products that you will not find in retail stores. Excellent customer service, order processing and delivery. I needed help and explanation several times and received courteous and effective explanations that allowed me to resolve the issues I was having.

I purchased the MC-66 mltiroom controller and the DMA-1275 amplifier. They are a great tandem to deliver up to 6 different music sources to up to 6 different zones. Of course, you can pipe the same music to all six zones for "party mode". I have speakers in the kitchen, den, dining room, upstairs hall, deck/gazebo and basement. The flexibility is great and the sound is outstanding. I used the flush mount ceiling speakers inside and their all-weather speakers outside. Finally, don't skimp on the speaker wire. Again, the indoor and outdoor wire is of much higher quality than you will find at retail.

I find HTD to be a reputable company with a high-quality product line and outstanding service and technical support.

"I purchased the Home Theater Direct 12 discrete channel amplifier (MA-1235) back in 2008 to power a 10 speaker, whole house stereo system in 5 rooms. It's been a WONDERFUL piece of equipment and performed flawlessly until a recent lightning storm which caused 3 of the 12 channels to stop working. Since I was only powering 10 speakers, I could have continued to operate with just 10 channels but not 9.

I requested a return order from HTD and received instructions to return it to them. After they received it, they determined that the main board was fried, AND THAT THEY WOULD FIX IT FOR FREE!! This company has my everlasting support as they fixed it OUT OF WARRANTY for FREE.

Don't think twice in buying from this company. They're products are tops and they stand behind what they sell.

Rich in Atlanta

"This company Rocks! They have awesome products and unbelievable support. I purchased a whole-house sound system with 22 speakers and seriously saved thousands of dollars for great quality. I only had one minor glitch with some partially defective keypads and replacements were cross-shipped immediately at no charge.
I would (and have) recommended this company to several friends, family, and co-workers. When it comes to "under-promise, over-perform", Home Theater Direct could be the poster child.
Bob Samson, Mesa, AZ

"This is my second order from HTD and it was a great success. I am now the VERY happy owner of 8 HD-R80 speakers. HTD Rocks!"

"I am most pleased with the service and product from HTD. I cautiously ordered a pair of speakers from them based on independent reviews, and have sinced ordered other products from them 3-4 times over the past 4 months. Their service & products are outstanding. Mike in their customer service is outstanding. He is patient and most helpful, and is very responsive by eMail and telephone. I would not hesitate to order from HTD again."

"HTD had very fast shipping and I was very pleased with my purchase from them. There was a little confusion because I ordered white speakers which were sold out. I called because I did not receive any information for two days and they said they sent me an email saying they were out of stock which I never received. When I called we worked it out and I just got a different color and it was shipped to me very quick. I am very pleased overall and maybe purchasing the wall mounts shortly. "

fv3

"My order was shipped very quickly, and I think the speaker wire I bought was a great value for the price!"

"Purchased HD-W 80 speakers to put in my kitchen ceiling. Took a chance on HTD and this pair of speakers and was pleasently surprised. Instalation is a breeze with supplied templates and detailed instructions. Sound is surprising for the price and would still be a good value at twice the price.

Ordering was a snap, delivery was very quick and having contacted customer service by email for some technical advice response was timely , detailed and very helpful. Would highly recomend this company and there products.

Mike Palmieri

"Exceptional quality, fast shipping, great customer support. It may seem hard to buy speakers without listening to them first, but after getting them hooked up and hearing them it was the best decision. Very cost effective, too often overlooked by other manufacturers with big ad budgets. These guys put their money where it counts: building and selling great products."

"This is my second time to order HTD. I was so happy with my first purchase, I knew that if and when I had to make another purchase, it would be through HTD. When it comes to electronics, I am VERY cautious and do indepth research. The HTD products are very simular to the high dollar name brand speakers you can purchase at a retail store. When it came time to place the order, it was very simple. The best part was HTD was very informative as to when my order was shipped and gave the specifics so I can follow the shipment. Word of mouth is the best advertisement. I have told any and everyone that they need to vist HTD before looking at other places. I have proof. I have a GREAT sounding surround sound! "

"Ordered a pair of in-wall speaker for my bathroom. Most (if not all) their speakers are designed to be installable in shower / bathroom.
Email acknowledge the order, shipment notification, tracking number, etc... All was very good! Received the product as expected!

modified review This review was modified by pdn1212 on March 05 2011 07:21:53 PM

"I placed three orders with HTD between 11/05 and 1/06. Each transaction went smoothly. I ordered speaker wire and in-wall speakers. These were very reasonably priced and the quality seems very good. The speakers sound good to me although I don't consider myself to be an audiophile. The speaker build quality seems excellent.

I emailed questions about which size speakers would be right for my situation and also about the size and insulation of an in-wall enclosure. HTD answered all my questions. There was also helpful information on their website.

"I bought the HTD Level 3 system in a "Z" configuration (they call it model Z30) - center speaker, 4 tower speakers and the subwoofer. I saw good things about the company all over the web and though I wasn't entirely sure I'd be happy with the speakers since I'm fairly picky, I decided it was worth the risk to give them a try. Though overall the speakers looked great and sounded nice, it turned out I just wasn't quite as happy with them as I hoped I would be (I wanted more brightness at high frequencies). Right at the end of the 30-day evaluation, I decided to return the speakers. And even though I had actually blown a tower tweeter (my fault)during testing and even though it took me about a month before I actually returned the speakers to them, they gave me a full refund (minus the shipment on the towers, which I knew about going in - it's their policy).

Anyway, throught my experience with them, even though I wound up returning the speakers because I wanted to pay more for even better speakers, they were 100% competent, 100% friendly, 100% professional and 100% honest. Top recommendation - and I might even wind up buying another system from them - the next step up (Level 4) - because my experience with them was so good.

Home Theater Direct (HTD) is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Home Theater Direct (HTD) is a merchant member
Home Theater Direct (HTD) participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,861 merchant members.