Stores > Home Theater Authority
  • Home Theater Au

Voice your opinion! Review Home Theater Authority by clicking a star below.
2011-09-13

"I was searching for a modern elegant home theatre seating every where and visited all local stores with no luck what so ever, I desided to search online, I was hesitating to buy furniture online because there was no way you can try it and see if this is the right one for you, I am sooooo glad I did, I ended up buying the fortress Californian model and.. WOW.., what a beautiful seating I ended up with, very well made and very luxurious look, leather in very nice and soft to touch, loved them from the first sight, I am sooo happy with everything, the purchase experience, the updated during the waiting period, the delivery, ... Everything :)
I would like to thank Serge sooo much for giving me such a happy ending experience.

2010-03-18

"Very good company to work with. Serge did not lag in providing communication on the status of my order - I've never encountered a company that responds to e-mails on a Saturday! The only gliche was with delivery, which I think was the shipper's fault. I never was contacted for a delivery schedule and they sent a semi tractor trailer in my tiny neighborhood that was not designed to accommodate large trucks. I never saw a driver as good as this one - he backed the rig into the neighborhood and all the way down my street! The Coaster 4 seat recliner I got in red is fantastic and better than I expected! Shipment is fast! "

2009-08-13

"We purchased a row of three costar theater chairs and two individual chairs. I can't tell you how easy this company made things. First let me start by saying that I had ordered these from another online company and was told it would take 3 weeks to deliver. After the third week I called that company and they said the chairs were back ordered. I cancelled the order and called Serge at the Theater Authority.
Not only did he email back almost immediately, he also called me. Every day I received an email or phone call. I received the chairs just over one week from my initial contact with Serge.
The chairs arrived and one of the singles has a small problem. Serge arraigned for a new chair to be shipped out. As I was leaving for a vacation he put a hold on the order and had me call him when I returned home. Just received a call from the trucking company and the chair will be here tomorrow.
I will defiantly refer this company to everyone I speak to and will order from them again in the future.

2009-05-27

"This is in reply to our review from October 2008, to receive negative feedback from an unknown poster is not exactly fair. If we know a customer is coming we make sure to be available to not let anyone come for nothing, this is obvious. Who would run any type of reputable business, speak to a potential customer over the phone, know he or she is coming then not be there on purpose? However as we always specify over the phone, we do appointments only. Hope this clears up some confusion. Our business is run from home, we are not a typical store front, this customer would know this from our phone conversation. In other words in our opinion this review is unfounded. And we are answering this review as neutral as we could possibly be...We take very good care of our customers and we will take a defensive position in regards to this review hence the reply!"

2008-10-27

"If you buy from this company, proceed with caution as I went to the Windsor store to view the chairs and was stood up. No one ever answered the door so I could view them. I had called Serge and he knew I was coming. I guess he had something to hide in the quality of these chairs. I will be shopping elswhere."

2008-10-18

"I have been shopping online for years now and prefer to do in most cases. I was hesitant about ordering furniture online but after reading reviews and checking reseller ratings I decided to put my faith in Home Theater Authority. They appeared to be well respected by AVS forums community which weighted heavily in my decision. (If you are shopping for any home theater equipment then you will most likely come across AVS).

Anyways I placed my order with HT Authority and immediately had to request a delay in the shipment. My basement was in the process of being finished and I was unprepared to take the delivery.
Everytime I emailed HTA I had a response on the same day, well within 8 hours. This was impressive to me because even my favorite retailers typically take at least 24 hours.

Obviously communication levels were excellent. I was notified of the shipment then was able to schedule a delivery.

I was at work during the delivery which occurred on a Monday. My contractor received it for me. After the shrink wrap was removed 2 of the components had minor damage. Due to the nature of the damage it certainly appeared to be "truck rash". Two of the corners of the wedges which sit between the seats were worn through the leather, each split was approximately an inch long. This was definitely not the fault of the manufacturer nor the reseller, and certainly was due to shipping.
I had pics taken and emailed to me at work which I forwarded to Serge with HTA. He responded within minutes that he was on top of the situation.
By Friday I had the replacements. I was absolutely amazed by this time frame, less than 5 days.
For me, the measure of a company is not when thing go right but how quickly they respond and take care of issues when things go wrong. Even though this issue was clearly not the fault of HTA they responded and handled better than expected. I wouldn't hesitate to order from them again, and if you are reading this, then I firmly recommend that you do.
Thanks!

2008-02-12

"I bought 2 rows of 2 Coaster Showtime recliners from htauthority.com.

I must say I was surprised at how quickly this sales transaction went. I expected it to take weeks, but it actually took less than one week from the time I completed my order on-line to the time I was reclining in my home theater and watching a movie.

The great communication throughout the process kept me comfortable with the whole transaction. There were three options for delivery: standard curbside - the least expensive; inside delivery - gets the boxes into the garage; and "white glove" - where they bring them into your house and set them up. I paid for curbside freight delivery to save money. I received several e-mails shortly afterward as Serge from htauthority explained how delivery would take place and provided tracking information. He also wanted to make sure that I would be properly prepared for the delivery.

Other than wheeling the boxes up my driveway and setting the chairs up in my basement, this was by far the easiest furniture buying experience I've ever had... and I didn't pay an arm and a leg to get this great service.

I'll be checking with Serge when I need more home theater stuff.

2006-06-25

"I bought 3 theater chairs from the Home Theater Authority last August. It was an excellent experience. They arrived on time and in perfect condition. Last month my son broke off the handle that reclines the seat. HTA sent me a new on to replace it at no charge. These are very good people to work with and I recommend them highly."

2006-03-07

"I placed an order for 3 rows of 3 seats via email on November 30th, 2005. (Heard about the merchant from reviews on AVSforums.com) No invoice number was provided by the company. The experience was great. Seats arrived in time for Christmas. Of the 9 seats, one seat had some slight aesthetic damage and the merchant rectified the situation better than I would have in his shoes. Very appreciative of his service and prices. Would highly recommend him to other home theater enthusiasts."

Share Home Theater Authority's store rating

Home Theater Authority is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Home Theater Authority is not a merchant member
Home Theater Authority does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!