Product & services pricing Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.42/10 0.42/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.07/10 1.07/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.71/10 0.71/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.00/10 1.00/10

"I'm posting a second time because I want to make sure everyone considering ordering from HSN knows how they operate. My Discover card information was hacked, so went through the hassle of replacing the card, cancelling it on many sites, etc. Apparently, one of the fraudulent purchases was made on HSN (but caught before delivery). This brazen thief was going to have their purchase delivered to MY HOUSE, which in itself is pretty scary. The Discover issue got resolved.....flash forward MONTHS, and I call to order a pair of sandals on HSN, but was told I'd have to speak to customer service who told me my ADDRESS (yes, address) was on a 'do not sell to' list. I told the rep all about my card info being stolen and assured her that I have since replaced it, but she said, sorry, we cannot sell to this address. Huh?? She told me she'd have a manager call me back to straighten things out. Weeks passed...I never got a call. When I called HSN and told them this whole story, they put me on line with yet another customer service person. Same story....sorry, but we cannot sell to you. I guess I don't spend enough at HSN so they probably don't care about losing my business, which is why I want to make sure to tell everyone and anyone about how they treat a customer. I feel sorry for the people who will one day buy this house - ha - sorry, folks, but this address has been blacklisted. So, bottom line.....I get MY credit card info hacked and HSN is punishing ME for it. What a bunch of idiots. "

modified review This review was modified by TessBlair on October 17 2014 03:26:42 PM

"I order the Bailey Chair the beginning of September now it's the 29 of September the chair was sent back on sept 18 due to no fault of mind HSN did not put a label on the box that UPS could read to deliver the package so I call and they stated another one will be sent out within 3 to 5 days this was on the 22nd so on the 29 I received a call saying my order was cancel due to the chair being sold out . they added $5.00 to my account, they can keep their money this was a Birthday Gift and was order on the September the 2nd Thank HSN for ruining my Birthday gift, I should have read the reviews before I order anything this was my first order with HSN what a SHAME !!!!"

modified review This review was modified by 61wandaj on September 29 2014 02:06:04 PM

"I think HSN is fine for low end stuff cheap, but find quality somewhere else."

modified review This review was modified by mikesmith44 on September 25 2014 01:56:17 AM

"I purchased a Visual Land tablet from HSN and when it stopped working within the 1st year I called HSN. They referred me to the company. I had to send in my tablet because it was not charging or turning on. After paying for registered mail I get an email that the tablet has a large crack across the screen and it voids the warranty. The lady said it happens quite often and I need to file a claim with the post office but they couldn't do anything because the warranty was voided. Sounds like a scam, they won't address the reason I sent it in because it has been damaged. I will no longer shop at HSN and I warn you don't buy a knock off tablet called Visual Land."

modified review This review was modified by jellycloud on September 19 2014 05:06:23 PM

Home Shopping Network (HSN) User

"received email that my order was cancelled due to "cc declined by bank"', I contacted bank and they show charge is still pending and they did NOT decline charge. HSN then tells me that there is a "hold" on shipping address due to unfinished business. Shipping address was my place of employment, explain that billing & shipping address were different due to not wanting package left outside of my home. Was told I did not indicate is was a business, there is no where to indicate that when you enter the shipping address. Was placed on hold then rep tells me will release the hold, but now the item I thought I purchased is no longer available, so I am out of luck! HSN handled this inappropriately, I figure they should have the name of person and billing address that they have this "unfinished" business and realize I am not the same person. They should have contacted me prior to cancelling the order. I will not do business with HSN. By other reviews I see HSN tends to just cancel orders!"

"I had a problem using a coupon because I was told its a problem for people to use the same house number and send it to the same address. I stayed on the phone for who knows how long trying to fix the problem, it's a turn off to buy from here again. I should never have to explain/ argue about multiple people live in my house, it's NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS. Then they charged the wrong account and put my card number on the wrong house hold member. Lastly apparently I'm not allowed to have people who send me gifts to my address and put it in my name, it's a crime too. If I have to explain how I live for one coupon then no thanks, keep your business. Cheapos!"

modified review This review was modified by JazzDiva on July 07 2014 11:18:17 PM

"Horrible Service. I ordered a new phone from them (Galaxy s5 for Virgin Mobile) while they were having a massive sale. It was 492 while the original was 599. I ordered the phone and everything went through. 4 days passed while the order was "processing" and the sale was going one. As soon as the sale was over I receive a call that said my account name and credit card name did not match so they would not send the phone unless I switch accounts. So I asked them if the sale price would go with me. The answer was no. Then I called customer service and first they said the price was 579.99. I told them I bought it at sale price and then they said "we never had that sale price." I called their bull because not only did I print out the receipt of the 492 price, they also emailed me the sale price. Then they said they could not go back and reinstate the original sale price so I would have to pay the new one which is over 100 dollars more at which point I hung up and am never shopping here again. Not only that but they switched the price of my order to the 599 without even confirming with me so it would look like I was crazy and made up the sale. Did they not realize they give us receipts? Horrible company."

modified review This review was modified by Jake143qq3 on June 25 2014 03:21:40 PM

"To say that I have ordered thousands and thousands of dollars worth of merchandise from HSN is an accurate statment!
I have never purchased any item over $79.00, ex a ring $79,00 and didn't like it but returned it within!!!! a week. Yes I have returned jewelry for size purposes.

Mind you I am not kidding I have purchased maybe $10000.00 worth of merchandise. My whole home is HSN stuff that I LOVE. I USED TO TELL EVERYONE ABOUT HSN!!!!!!!!!!!
BUT
THEY SUDDENLY blocked my account WITH NO WARNING, NO LETTER OF WARNING, and all my accounts were completely paid because I used a credit card.
I have written about 5 long letters. I have called and spoken with a few supervisors. I sent certified mail two times to the corporate office. I have called the corporate office.
They say I returned too many items and that is why they closed my account. The one supervisor said to me I am lookng at your account and you do not return too many items. I agreed! I normally bought 2 or 3 of an item and kept at least 2, sometimes returned one for size with all its tags attached and in the original packaging with all the inserts.

OVER 75 PERCENT of time I returned items unopened!!!! in saleable condition.

THEY CANCELED MY ACCOUNT
THEY BLOCKED MY ADDRESS.
MY TWO GROWN DAUGHTERS WHO LIVE WITH ME HAVE THEIR ACCOUNTS CLOSED BECAUSE WE SHARE THE SAME ADDRESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They have not been able to purchase any of their items that they love for make up, acne products, jewelry and they are none to happy.

So now 3 unhappy customers are telling everyone NOT TO ORDER FROM HSN for how they treat their customers instead of having 3 happy customers.

I used to use ebates.com to place my order and save an additional 3 -4 %. I sometimes wonder if I got kicked out because of that, because I was a faithful customer for years!~!!!!! 3 of my computers are from them, etc!
My whole house is HSN
SOME OF MY MOST FAVORITE THINGS THAT I OWN CAME FROM HSN.
I TOLD EVERYONE I WAS A WALKING BILLBOARD FOR THEM,
UNTIL THEY CLOSED MY ACCOUNT TO MY SHOCK AND AMAZEMENT WITH NO WARNING

AND BLOCKED MY ENTIRE ADDRESS AND OTHER FAMILY MEMBERS ACCOUNTS.
NOW I CANT TELL ENOUGH PEOPLE DON'T BELIEVE THEM WHEN THEY SAY YOU CAN RETURN SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!!!
AND KNOW THEY WILL LIE AND SAY YOUR ACCOUNT WAS CANCELED FOR RETURNING WHEN YOU KNOW YOU DIDN'T DO WHAT THEY CLAIMED AND HAD THEIR SUPERVISOR TO TELL ME ALSO.

modified review This review was modified by seekandfind on June 17 2014 06:54:57 AM

"I bought a gold medal from HSN, and they sent me the wrong one. I asked to have the correct gold medal sent by overnight shipment. I was told that they could not do this because it would cost them too much money. What?! It's their error, and they are essentially telling me that it is my problem?! This item was for Mother's Day. So, the item will get here AFTER Mother's Day. This is why I prefer to shop with a major online company that sells books among many other things. At least, the major online book/merchandise company, overnights items when it is their error. HSN: If THEY send you something in error, and you need the item for a special occasion you are out of luck."

modified review This review was modified by TexasDame on May 08 2014 09:51:06 AM

"I was very frustrated with my entire experience from purchasing, having order canceled, to the very poor customer service.

I ordered a Nokia Lumia 925 on 3/13, I had the option of purchasing from another site for around the same sale price. Estimated delivery was 3-7 business days.

On 3/18 (5 days later) I receive a notice that my order was cancelled, saying little more than that's too bad for you. I write an email to their customer service.

3/19 with no reply to my email, I call their customer support to see if they would do anything to remedy their mistake. Their customer service rep blames it on 3 party vendors having a truck accident or warehouse mistake. After that she offers me $5 spendable cash on their site. I found this unacceptable. She could not offer more without supervisor. Another 5 minutes on hold the supervisor was able to offer me $10 spendable cash or the item ever became available again they might be able to offer it at that price.

The order process was mediocre - coupons not working,extremely poor communication after purchase, and horrid customer service. They have taken too many hours of my life and will not be getting a second chance.

"I ordered an Acer Iconia 810 tablet from HSN in July 2013. It will only work for a few days, then it will not charge or come on. Have returned it 2 times at approx. @19.00 each time and it is still laying on a table after last repair, ( which they note on the paper work that there is no problem with it. it only worked for 2 or 3 days then. I was supposed to receive a postage paid label from Acer since Feb.2, 2014. Have not received anything yet, called today and was told to call back Monday. HSN has no interest in helping to solve the problems with the company. I will never order from them and I have the channel blocked off on my tv. I have ordered many items, some expensive ones, but never again

modified review This review was modified by Jnnett on March 08 2014 03:10:11 PM

"Made the mistake of purchasing a Samsung phone last September as a Christmas present for our disabled adult daughter. Tried to charge the battery so she could activate it. Faulty. Sent it back immediately with the return shipping label that came with the phone. They received it on Jan. 6, 2014. My wife called the middle of Jan., and was told we waited too long. They would ship it back and we would have to deal with Samsung. Sure. She called again the 14th., and was told we should receive it shortly. Uh-huh. Again on Jan 28, she was told we should receive it by Feb.15th. On Feb. 13th, I called and told their (so-called) customer service that I wanted the phone and could deal with it three ways. One was with them, two was with Visa, and the third was with "Call Jesse," a service provided by King Television that intercedes for customers with reticent businesses. Told her at the least, I wanted the tracking number. She said she would get that, and immediately came back and said it was never shipped. We are to watch for a full refund on our next visa statement.

WATCH WE WILL !!!

Now, was the difference this time a man called and not a woman??

modified review This review was modified by 815960178 on February 14 2014 08:17:47 AM

"The price for the Lumia 521 phone was the lowest, additional usable accessories were included, delivery was fast."

"I am very unhappy with HSN overall. I have bought many many items over the years. The quality on the DG2 clothing and on Jay King Mine Find jewelry has gone down dramatically. Despite many reviews on the HSN website stating poor consistantcy on sizing and poor quality and quality control issues on these two lines of products HSN hasn't appeared to have addressed these issues. Then when you use their 30 day money back guarantee too many times because of these quality issues they cancel your account without warning. Their customer service told me they had sent a letter, I never received letter. I asked them to review my account and consider reopening given all the products I had bought from them over the years. They indicated that they would review and would let me know by phone their decision. When I called a month later to inquire if they had reopened my account, they indicated that they never review closed accounts and that the previous customer service agent was mistaken. Very poor customer service and very poor communication. Also they need to qualify their 30 day money back guarantee to indicate that that's as long as you don't return too many items. "

modified review This review was modified by cynleigh on September 17 2013 08:58:20 AM

"Ordered a Bodum coffee press plus a few donation items to reach a spending target. They waited ONE WEEK to tell me that my coffee press was not actually available and they could not process a refund for the donation items -- that I would have to contest it with my credit card company."

Home Shopping Network (HSN) is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Home Shopping Network (HSN) is not a merchant member
Home Shopping Network (HSN) does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!