• Rating 1.17/10 64 reviews

Home Shopping Network (HSN) is not a merchant member
    Home Shopping Network (HSN) does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!
  • Home Shopping Network (HSN) contact information

Product & services pricing Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.88/10 1.88/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.88/10 1.88/10

"I was very frustrated with my entire experience from purchasing, having order canceled, to the very poor customer service.

I ordered a Nokia Lumia 925 on 3/13, I had the option of purchasing from another site for around the same sale price. Estimated delivery was 3-7 business days.

On 3/18 (5 days later) I receive a notice that my order was cancelled, saying little more than that's too bad for you. I write an email to their customer service.

3/19 with no reply to my email, I call their customer support to see if they would do anything to remedy their mistake. Their customer service rep blames it on 3 party vendors having a truck accident or warehouse mistake. After that she offers me $5 spendable cash on their site. I found this unacceptable. She could not offer more without supervisor. Another 5 minutes on hold the supervisor was able to offer me $10 spendable cash or the item ever became available again they might be able to offer it at that price.

The order process was mediocre - coupons not working,extremely poor communication after purchase, and horrid customer service. They have taken too many hours of my life and will not be getting a second chance.

"I ordered an Acer Iconia 810 tablet from HSN in July 2013. It will only work for a few days, then it will not charge or come on. Have returned it 2 times at approx. @19.00 each time and it is still laying on a table after last repair, ( which they note on the paper work that there is no problem with it. it only worked for 2 or 3 days then. I was supposed to receive a postage paid label from Acer since Feb.2, 2014. Have not received anything yet, called today and was told to call back Monday. HSN has no interest in helping to solve the problems with the company. I will never order from them and I have the channel blocked off on my tv. I have ordered many items, some expensive ones, but never again

modified review This review was modified by Jnnett on March 08 2014 03:10:11 PM

"Made the mistake of purchasing a Samsung phone last September as a Christmas present for our disabled adult daughter. Tried to charge the battery so she could activate it. Faulty. Sent it back immediately with the return shipping label that came with the phone. They received it on Jan. 6, 2014. My wife called the middle of Jan., and was told we waited too long. They would ship it back and we would have to deal with Samsung. Sure. She called again the 14th., and was told we should receive it shortly. Uh-huh. Again on Jan 28, she was told we should receive it by Feb.15th. On Feb. 13th, I called and told their (so-called) customer service that I wanted the phone and could deal with it three ways. One was with them, two was with Visa, and the third was with "Call Jesse," a service provided by King Television that intercedes for customers with reticent businesses. Told her at the least, I wanted the tracking number. She said she would get that, and immediately came back and said it was never shipped. We are to watch for a full refund on our next visa statement.

WATCH WE WILL !!!

Now, was the difference this time a man called and not a woman??

modified review This review was modified by 815960178 on February 14 2014 08:17:47 AM

"The price for the Lumia 521 phone was the lowest, additional usable accessories were included, delivery was fast."

"I am very unhappy with HSN overall. I have bought many many items over the years. The quality on the DG2 clothing and on Jay King Mine Find jewelry has gone down dramatically. Despite many reviews on the HSN website stating poor consistantcy on sizing and poor quality and quality control issues on these two lines of products HSN hasn't appeared to have addressed these issues. Then when you use their 30 day money back guarantee too many times because of these quality issues they cancel your account without warning. Their customer service told me they had sent a letter, I never received letter. I asked them to review my account and consider reopening given all the products I had bought from them over the years. They indicated that they would review and would let me know by phone their decision. When I called a month later to inquire if they had reopened my account, they indicated that they never review closed accounts and that the previous customer service agent was mistaken. Very poor customer service and very poor communication. Also they need to qualify their 30 day money back guarantee to indicate that that's as long as you don't return too many items. "

modified review This review was modified by cynleigh on September 17 2013 08:58:20 AM

"Ordered a Bodum coffee press plus a few donation items to reach a spending target. They waited ONE WEEK to tell me that my coffee press was not actually available and they could not process a refund for the donation items -- that I would have to contest it with my credit card company."

"I've been a customer of HSN for about 20 years. I've purchased a computer; sheets, diamond jewelry, clothing, and house hold goods. I've been very satisfied with most products.
They have an excellent return policy if I'm not happy with any purchase. Their pricing is comparable but I tend to shop on line rather than fight lines in stores and have to drive to several different stores to get all the different items. Excellent warrantees on electronics too.

modified review This review was modified by CherFriedman on June 11 2013 05:47:24 PM

"I ordered and paid for ITEM 244999
Hoover« WindTunnel? Air UH70402 Upright Cyclonic Vacuum
$139.95 on Feb. 7, 2013 and it never arrived!!! I called customer service today and they apologized but told me they are out of the product and will refund my money to my CC. They did not offer to send me any type of compensation for my time wasted in waiting for a gift I purchased for my wife. It was a surprise for her. She saw the infomercial for this Hoover and really wanted it, I said no, we don't need it, I then bought online to surprise her. Well it NEVER arrived and the nice surprise never happened.

HSN is terrible! If I could give them negative stars I would. Stay away from from them. I am extremely disappointed!

modified review This review was modified by John92009 on March 06 2013 12:20:37 PM

"I'm writing because I am disappointed with the efficiency and professionalism I experienced when making a purchase at HSN. I purchased two Dollie and Me outfits for Christmas gifts. I was happy with the selection and both outfits arrived in a very timely manner ( though they did have separate shipping charges), however one outfit was ordered in a size 7 but a size 4 was shipped. I called and the customer service line and they immediately overnighted the correct order so it arrived in time for Christmas. I was pleased with the service at that point, however a month later I received a letter advising me that I was being charged for the original outfit as it was never received. I called the customer service line and they acknowledged receiving the return package and signing for it, however the actual return was not processed. They were quite unhelpful and the issue remains unresolved. I will not use this company again."

"worst company ever! slow shipping and plenty complications to place an order NO RELIABLE company! I bought two Lulu Guinness clutches which I need for new year party on x-mas eve very soon i realize it will be better place a two days shipping delivery ( their regular delivery time is 3-7 days) i called the sale rep i was told it was not way to change the shipping speed after the order was place..really i said even if place the order only a few hours ago and is still in the warehouse? only way she said canceling the order and placing a new one.. which i did despite it sound like a complicated old system to do things..i send the new order within minutes right in the phone with her, to find out one of the clutches were sold out..what! but you told if was still in stock! I asked for a manager, just to hear it was nothing she could do..but put me in the waiting list..but the good new is that the red clutch could be sent in two days, fine that's the one i really need for the new year event. Did I mentioned that my account was charge twice? because the first order they told me to cancel cause they could not do a minimal change and for the second order..the first one droped three days later but mean while hold the money. HSN assured me the clutch will be here by Dec 28..i was waiting for it all day..around 6 pm i tracked to find out it will be here January second! i was livid...not way! i called ups..hsn handle them the item just the night before ( Thursday) knowing ups does not work on the weekend..knowing Friday it will be count as the first day. they sent it on a two days economy ground shipping!!! meanwhile my clutch was setting there for four days! can you believe that company?! ''economical ground shipping" after they waste for days knowing very well i needed before new year or by new year. Not respect or appreciation whatsoever for the their clients..i spent thousands of dollar in this this company and that's how they treat me?? they can keep their bags and their business i don't want nothing to with this company.. i asked a manager -Stephanie- if she can send me another one overnight then i will return the extra when i arrive..she said there's not way she can do that..'sorry miss'. I am done with HSN for life."

"I ordered a Samsung home theater system (HT-4500) and received it yesterday. I went to Best Buy today to pick up some accessories and noticed that the same model number that I had purchased from HSN looks completely different from the model at Best Buy. I decided to look at the Samsung website and it was the same scenario there as well. Not only did I receive last years model... but I also paid $299 for the old model when the new model is selling for $269 from the retailer itself! Typically it would be more on the Samsung website. Then I looked at my other options from HSN and realized that they are selling last year models for more than the current model is selling for in stores for most of the products. I do NOT recommend shopping here unless you do your research!"

"Be careful when ordering Christmas presents from H S N. they lost my package. Did not care. REFUSED to try to overnight a package to me. Then to make it worse Nichalos in customer service hung up on me. NOT what I would call a decent transaction. I will NEVER order from HSN again!"

"Thouroughly dissapointed in HSN. Ordered bars/cookies for my Mom in MN for Thanksgiving. They never got delivered.

Ordered eyebrow filler for my Mom. It got here and was all dried out. She had to pay to send it to me from MN. They sent a 2nd one and it was worse. NOW they have the odasity to ask me for another purchase price to send the 3rd one out. My Mom just called me this morning about the 2nd one. She's sending it back today.

They SUCK. Why not check to make sure your product is good BEFORE you send it out. Lazy, stupid pricks. I'm so embarrassed for you.

"A few years ago I placed an order with HSN, with no problems. Now a placed an order and two weeks later I am still waiting for items to ship. Contacted customer service and all they can tell me is that they over sold the items and that they are being shipped from their partner. They stated they have no way to contact their partner to see when the items will ship. Very unorganized and terrible customer service!"

"I bought a Bissell Steam Shot from HSN by the television. I then checked online the next day, and the one on Bissell.com and Amazon was a different color and had more attachments for the same price! The rating was also better (3.5) than the one on HSN (2.8). I then called HSN to cancel the order, but they said I could not cancel after midnight of the day that I place the order. I then hung up and called back to automatically cancel the HSN card I had just gotten and that the Steam Shot was charged on. I then called back customer service and said I had canceled the card so I did not know how they were going to bill the card. They said the card had already been billed at midnight of the day I had ordered it. It is 2 days later, and the item has yet to be shipped (so why couldn't it have been canceled?) But even worse - from also reading others' negative reviews of HSN, they are billing credit cards before items are even shipped. Some people are getting the credit card bills before they even get the items! How are they getting away with this? It is at least as bad as the banks have just gotten in trouble for. So how can HSN bill customers before they even ship an item and how can they get away with driving up consumer debt like that? I suggest everyone contact their elected officials to complain about HSN in addition to posting online reviews. HSN's shoddy billing practices have to be stopped."

modified review This review was modified by dfocht on October 09 2012 02:02:42 PM