• Rating 6.67/10 347 reviews

Home Security Store is not a merchant member
    Home Security Store does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!
  • Home Security Store contact information

• Address: 1760 Chicago Ave. Suite L21
    • Contact: customerservice@homesecuritystore.com
    • Phone: 1-(888)-501-7870
    • Customer Support: 1-(888)-501-7870
    • Business Hours: Customer Service: 6:00am – 4:30pm PST Mon-Fri Technical Support: 7:00am – 3:00pm PST Mon-Fri
    • Fax: 1-(951)-368-1515

Product & services pricing Rating 3.50/10 3.50/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.00/10 2.00/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10

"Ordered product for a job paid for expedited shipping product showed up a day late and order was incomplete with a note saying back ordered! Bottom of the packing slip there was a note saying contact customer if there is a problem. No contact from them about backorder! If there was contact about the back order I could have changed the product to something they had in stock. SH@#!Y CUSTOMER SERVICE! Called customer service, the b2b sales person who took my order and the manager 7 times in one day with no answer or return phone call. Worst experience online ever DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THIS COMPANY! Lets see how long it takes for me to get my refund!

modified review This review was modified by onlinebuyerfla on April 16 2014 08:30:14 PM

"bought set of 6 intercoms Chamberlain Wireless Intercom Kit of 4
no power supplies no indications of need power supplies on website. called and they said they know an would I like to buy the power supplies. first and last sorry guys and gals you get an F on this one.

modified review This review was modified by PaulBishop on March 28 2014 11:18:50 AM

"Purchased two Adel biometric door locks from Home Security Store in June. Six months later, one of the locks developed a problem that required a replacement part. I contacted Home Security Store and they sent me two replacement parts. Fixed problem. Prices were good. Support friendly when needed. Initial sales person helpful with questions about application and installation."

modified review This review was modified by pigrock on November 22 2013 01:31:27 PM

"Bought a system at the end of September, i've sent several emails but no response, bought a Simon Xti system with GSM, but the GSM wont connect despite showing a good signal, guess i have an alarm that goes off now, but cant get it monitored, disappointed after all the good reviews for home security store. I haven't called yet, but rarely have time in the day, should be easier to get a response via email at their convenience you would expect anyhow. The SIM that came with the module was locked with a pin code, dunno why (unlocked it with PUK code from t-mob), Tried Interlogix support but they wont help an end user but did say they dont have pin codes on their modules?( kinda disappointed with that too, why buy their product? Probably typical though) alarmrelay.com tried to help me get it going and even had alarm.com support on the line but they said the gsm or panel was probably defective."

modified review This review was modified by Romeoixx on November 04 2013 05:18:04 PM

"This is my first order through Home Security Store and so far, I'm not a satisfied puppy(as of yet). I purchased a complete XTI system on 10/17. As of 10/27, I have yet to receive my package, any communication about my order or even a "Thank You for your purchase", but yet they charged my card the same day I placed order. I did call a CS Rep and they just said my product was back ordered and gave no time frame!"

modified review This review was modified by FSU_Seminoles on October 27 2013 09:08:24 AM

"This was my second order with the Home Security Store, and things couldn't have gone more smoothly. I had some pre-purchase questions, so I called the sales people. They answered in a very timely and professional manner with useful information.

Since I am not a tech-savvy person. I called the Tech Support Department for help. I received excellent service with immediate response. What more could I ask for.

I will definitely use homesecuritystore.com again and I would recommend them to anyone as a source of home security products.

modified review This review was modified by EveyMcbride on September 11 2013 02:28:27 PM

"Sent defective product, would not send prepaid merchandise shipping label. Failed to respond to repeated emails."

modified review This review was modified by RAOT on July 09 2013 04:26:22 PM

"great store for home security products"

"So far we have only placed one order with Home Security Store and things went OK. a little show on shipping but no real problems."

"Our house was broken into, so we decided to get an alarm system. I am somewhat handy, and systems are now wireless so I figured I'd save some money and do it myself. Between the fact that I purchased the alarm from Home Security Store, it was manufactured by another company, and another company was handling the monitoring, at the first sign of issue I thought nobody would want to claim accountability. In fact, ALL of the parties involved were very helpful, and even when the issue was the fault of someone else, each was willing to troubleshoot as much as they could. I did have to return the panel I purchased, and Home Security Store had no problem exchanging it. They also had no problem taking back an extra sensor that I purchased but did not need, even though it was past the 30 day return period. I would not only highly recommend going the DIY route, but would wholeheartedly recommend Home Security Store as the first and last stop when shopping for a system.

Thanks, especially to your Tech Support team, who fielded all of my calls and questions with professionalism and patience.

"Frankly, I was very surprised by the other ratings. These guys get it. Follow-up is correct, stock staus accuarate, shipping is very fast. I've order from these folks 5 times in the last 2 months and every order was perfect and fast. This is my prefered vendor for security products. Some of the items may cost a little more but after you figure in the hassle-factor, delays, shipping costs these guys win hands down."

"This is the third time I have ordered something from Home Security and they have done an outstanding job on getting orders out and answering any question I have had."

"Excellent, delivery very quick. Thank you "

"This is my second purchase. I've been very pleased with the sales process and service. My PowerMax Pro system is now complete - I just need to figure out the set up of the PowerLink 2 and everything will be done.

Next stop - video surveillance.

Keep up the great work.

"This is my third purchase at Home Security Store and I can say
that they are a superb business. The way they dispatch and deliver orders so fast and accurate proves that they are real professionals. I am more than satisfied with their services.