Stores > Home Depot

2016-03-27

Company of incompetence

"Here is the last conversation from Home Depot to me :
Dear MARK BROOKS,
To receive the warranty information for the A/C window unit purchased in-store, Please contact the Shallotte Store at (910) 755-5444. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause Mark. I hope this information is helpful. Have a great day.

If you have questions, please contact our Online Customer Support at 1-800-430-3376 from 6 AM to 2 AM ET daily and refer to the case number above.
Thank you for being a Home Depot customer.
Sincerely,
homedepot.com Online Customer Support

Here is the letter I replied back to of a string of approx. 6 conversations by email : Sorry but this is WORTHLESS. I have been to the store ( Shallotte N.C. ) that they said I had to go to and look this up which is by the way 204 miles from my house and they said when I got there they could not find it. How can you not find it by , name ,address , credit card or phone number. The store gave me a phone number to call and after calling and sitting on hold for what seemed like a short life time they told me to go to the store ( Shallotte N.C. ) and they could locate the info I needed there. WHAT. I have gotten nothing but the run around and fed B.S. ( Need I explain B.S. ??? ). I am convinced that I should take my business to Lowe's and yes I know I am just a grain of sand in the beach of life to a large company like Home Depot that I have Loved for so many years , but I will go to Lowe's to buy another air conditioner and maybe if I lose my receipt they will have competent employee's that will be able to find my information unlike the incompetent employee's of Home depot that I have talked to in person , on the phone and by email. How can a company of this size not have one person in the avenues I have tried not be able to help me in the slightest. My stress level is at the max allowed till meds are needed. Please let everyone involved know " Thanks for not being able to help me ". Maybe Home Depot can schedule some training on How to Help the Customer that helps pay their salary. Mark Brooks , Clover S.C. 980-722-0747

2016-02-29

Smoker Delivery, The Home Depot, Brinkman #577, 999 North Loop West, 77008

" On Sunday, Feb.21,2016 i bought a Rivergrille smoker and also paid for delivery service that i had set up for Wednesday Feb. 24,2016 at around 4 pm. These smokers are built in store already by a contractor / third party so they say.

On Wednesday, 2-24-2016 the smoker was not delivered and no phone calls were made to me explaining why. At 8:30pm i tried calling and all i got were recordings. I got tired after 20 minutes of listening to there message that someone would be with me shortly.

On Thursday, 2-25-2016 while i was at work, i called Home Depot to find out why my smoker was not delivered. I called at 9 am (on my break) and was on hold for 12 minutes when a customer service woman answered the phone. I told her i was calling to find out why my smoker had not been delivered on Wednesday as i paid for this. She never took my name but placed me on hold. I now had to go back to work and i hung up. This was at 9:26am At 11am i got a voice message from Home Depot telling me that they forgot to put the smoker on the truck for delivery and that it will be delivered today between 1pm and 4pm. At 1pm i got a phone call from Home Depot and they said the girl put the smoker on the wrong truck and it won't be delivered until Friday afternoon between 1 and 4pm.

Friday 2-26-2016 The smoker made it at 1:15pm. I could not leave work the wife met the driver at the house. The driver pointed out that there is a nut missing on the wheel and it will fall off if not careful.
I got home at 3:30pm and looked at the smoker. There was a nut missing off the wheel and yes, the wheel fell off !! There was also bolts & nuts missing on the shelves and on the wood rack. Every bolt & nut was loose. They were not tightened to start with.

Saturday 2-27-2016 I go to Home Depot and want to talk to a manger. The manager for that area was not working so they got me the Supervisor of that area. I explained the situation and told him if he had metric bolts i can assemble the smoker. I also asked for a refund of delivery expense or at least a discount. He acted like he never heard that and took off to get the bolts i needed. He gave me the bolts and did not charge me. I ask for a return of delivery fee and he ignored me and walked off. Not once did anybody say i am sorry for that or we will make it good. I am pissed because they acted like it was normal for that to happen. I spent over $700.00 and get crap for it.

This review was modified by Tlntx on February 29 2016 03:40:52 PM

2016-02-29

Poor business practice for such a large company/poor customer service !!!!

"I purchased a pair of Fiskar garden sheers from the Home Depot in Port Charlotte Florida a few months ago. After using them for the first time, the return spring had broke, I thought no big deal I'll return them to Home Depot and exchange them. That's when the problems started !!! They did not have the pair I purchased in stock, so I brought the next closest pair they had up to the return desk, the associate there said she should be able to zero out the item and make the exchange, she then said I better ask the garden manager. After about 10 minutes the manager comes up while on his phone, after another 5 minutes looks at them, answer's another call on his phone finishes his call then say's "no, they're not the same can't return them, then say's go ask the manager at the commercial desk" she takes about 10 seconds, barely look's at them and say's "no, he will have to ship them back to Fiskar for a replacement pair" I offered to pay the difference in the price, and that was still not acceptable. They said there is an 800 # on the back of the package, call them and send them back. So not to make a scene, because of a $20.00 item I said okay. I called and was told yes ship them back and we'll replace them, well the shipping and return costs were going to be about $23.00 more than what the sheers cost, I emailed Home Depot and told them the issue, and they pretty much blew it off and said they documented the instance and sent it off to the store manager and district manager for review, well guess what, no response... Not that thought I would get one, after all it's only a $20.00 item. Now imagine if you bought a $200.00 or $800.00 item and had an issue, chances are, you're going to get the same treatment. It may sound petty about all of this, but the issue here is, it doesn't matter if Home Depot takes care of their customers or not, they are so big and have so many stores it doesn't matter if you're happy or not, pretty much screw you, so be VERY CAREFULL buying anything at HOME DEPOT because if you have a problem, you're pretty much on your own, if they won't help out with a small item, good luck getting help on a large one.
By the way, I took those same sheer's to Lowe's and told them I didn't purchase them there and if there was a way I could exchange them, since they have lifetime warranty and guess what, they exchanged them for a better pair at no additional cost !!!!! Now that's customer service, they have earned my business for life, Home Depot can put their store's where the sun doesn't shine, I have told everyone I know about this problem and will never step foot in another Home Depot store and urge all of you and my family and friends to do the same, it's pretty bad when a large corporation like Home Depot is so very petty when it comes to making a purchase problem right for their customers !!!

This review was modified by mikej1261 on February 29 2016 12:11:26 PM

2016-02-10

theman

"bought a 20 inch bluemax chainsaw but it wouldnt start so i returned it ."

2016-02-05

3 orders, 3 problems, 0 help from Home Depot

"If I could give 0 stars, I would. We are in the process of renovating our home and have used Home Depot on 3 separate occasions to either order parts (shelving/closet systems) as well as carpeting and installation. We had issues with every experience. Either parts were missing, or parts were already damaged when receiving items. The last straw was when we got our carpet installed. First, they came in with the WRONG carpet and had to come back... Even though the mistake was THEIRS, they still had to go through the installation schedule as if we ordered new carpet - rescheduling the installation was ridiculous in itself as we constantly had to follow up and ask for an update which wasn't always provided. Second, the sales person was nice, but failed to mention the additional charge for installation - they told us the TOTAL price was a certain amount - we signed the receipt with that amount, however, when providing us the 'full' paperwork packet (which we never signed), Page 9 of 10, includeded the additional charge for installation which everyone failed to mention to us. On top of that, this specific page required us to sign, however, this page was never presented to us, nor did we sign this page. We get a call weeks later asking us to pay for the $500 installation charge. To them, it didn't matter that we never saw this, nor did it matter that our signature was not included.

When complaining to their corporate office, we were just told that they would inform management about this issue but could not help us in anyway. Even after we told them we had a lot more work to do with our home and planned on spending a lot more money at Home Depot only if they would rectify this issue. They did NOT care. Hello Lowe's, we're going to spend all our money on you moving forward. Good Bye Home Depot, I hope your bad services continues to diminish your business.

This review was modified by LisaYu on February 05 2016 12:28:12 PM

2016-02-01

AVOID ALL SPECIAL ORDERS

"AVOID ALL SPECIAL ORDERS. Ordered a $4,000 custom front door and had multiple factory and mishandled ordering (HD order entry) issues. Had to pay installer to come back and spend 6 man hours doing repairs to get it fixed but cosmetic issues remain. Vendor gave very small refund that barely covered the additional labor but certainly didn't cover cosmetic issues remaining or many hours of time. HD did nothing at all. Their comical policy is that a door order is considered complete when the local delivery guy drops off. Never mind that many issues can't be detected until the crating comes off and the door is actually installed. I'd like to see a delivery guy wait for 3-5 hours for that all to occur before a customer deems it acceptable. I will take my business to Lowes and never purchase anything large from HD again (or small if I can help it). They hide behind ridiculous corporate policies and leave the customers holding the bag."

2016-01-28

They never delivered

"I was supposed to receive the product in 6-10 days. Three weeks later, I haven't even been billed yet, I called customer service. A very pleasant lady took my information and tried calling the vendor and got no answer, she promised to e-mail them and have them contact me. Two more weeks I waited and still no word from the vendor or Home Depot, I then called and cancelled my order. If you are going to do business on-line, you need to do a better job managing it. "

2016-01-18

Pushy contractors

"Beware of contractors from HD. They will cajole you into signing a contract, then charge penalties if you can't do the project. Apparently there is no such thing as a free estimate from HD."

This review was modified by jibaro on January 18 2016 11:34:19 AM

2016-01-15

Don't waste your time with homedepot.com

"I ordered a generator on homedepot.com and 7 days later, it still shows "Being Processed."

Amazon.com has the same generator for the same price and when I order it "Prime," today, (Friday), I will have it Tuesday.

I called to cancel the homedepot.com order so I could order off Amazon.com and was told they couldn't cancel it.

Never again...................

This review was modified by billbush on January 15 2016 10:26:40 AM

2016-01-12

Frequent Shopper

"We come to you often as it is very convenient for us. But the last two trips have had issues. Items show in stock but are not actually available. I set the pick up to be at the pro desk and they had it at customer service and I was never notified the job was ready for pick up. I had to call to find out what was going on with our order.

The order on1/5/16 was perfect. W448215393

2016-01-08

"Timely delivery. The product arrive undamaged. "

2016-01-06

"Very satisfied with all of my Home Depot transactions."

2016-01-06

"you got questions they have got the answers to help with even the smallest problem you are having with your diy home projects. they have never left me down. And they do really help veterans i should know. i am one. Love Home Depot. they never give up.

Sincerly Harry M.

2015-12-30

"ordered two chrome grab bars 3202044125 on 12-18-15. I received 1 chrome & 1 brushed stainless bar in the same box. I had to postpone the install with my costumer. I ordered the same two grab bars again on 12-23-15 # 3202044125 and received the same mistake again 1 chrome and 1 brushed the same as before. I should not have to order 4 bars to get two that I need and than have to return the two brushed bars that I did not order. "

2015-12-30

"I am always happy with customer service here. Made finding home supplies so easy. So friendly unlike people at walmart"

Share Home Depot's store rating

Home Depot is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Home Depot is not a merchant member
Home Depot does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!