Home Depot Reviews - homedepot.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 1.80/10 254 reviews

Home Depot is a merchant member
Home Depot participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,865 merchant members.

"What a lousy store! Shop elsewhere. I ordered a storm door simply because the junk they sell today only lasts a few years. The self storing doors are just not up to par. The plastic pieces are not strong enough to "tilt in" for easy cleaning and plastic pieces start falling off. Finally found one I liked at Home Depot. It will take 3 weeks to install. I was ok with that but I ordered the door a week ago and was told I need someone to measure. Fine, a drive buy measure of the door and check out the condition of the brick molding NEVER happened in over a week. If it takes over a week to measure it, I wonder how long it will take to install it! Probably never. I am definitely shopping somewhere else. Odd too, that since I didn't have to pay up front there is no date on the paperwork! What a shoddy company and sloppy service! "

"Tried to get laminate flooring installed in my house on the Outer Banks. It has been a nightmare, the contractor--Romanoff Renovation--refused to install it and Home Depot will not send another contractor. I would not recommend getting Home Depot to do anything. This will be the last time I purchase anything from them."

"Floor installation Las Vegas, NV. Buyer beware. Flooring took 4 weeks to come in then only part of the order was correct. Waiting another 4 weeks - and still wrong. Back and forth from July thru November until I finally compromised and solved the problem myself. Flooring personnel are completely incompetent. Not the contracted laborers - but they can only do what is provided for them. I have to admit I was given my own special corporate customer service agent - but all he was good for was listening to me b***h. Never again Home Depot. No discount or anything provided for their screw ups. They have lost my business forever."

"Recently, I went to home depot to purchase a new front door. The employee who tied the door to the top of my truck tied the twine horizontally across the door, not vertically like a smart person would, doing this while acting in an inappropriate manner. Driving home, the door slid off my truck down my hood into the road, no twine was broken. I called and the assistant manager said he would replace my door because it had been damaged. When I went up there, he said even though he told me he would replace it, he could not because of policy. He said it was my fault because I did not make sure the door was secure to the truck before leaving. So, even though I entrusted the employee to secure my door to my truck, it is still my responsibility if it fell off, and in this case it did, so i should of done it my self! As for the employee who actually tied it to my truck, he said he was being nice not flirting, just as he is to all customers. Of course! Stupid Jerks!"

Rating 6/103/5

"Ordered 2 spyder traps for $10.68.On sale at Menards for 99 cents each.No thanks Schlomo.Refund was painless but a waste of my time."

"I ordered a new washer/dryer and refrigerator from HomeDepot.com. In the special notes section I noted that we could only have delivery between 8:00am and 2:30pm during the week. Delivery was scheduled initially for 2/26/14. We received no 30-min pre-call and the delivery service showed up at 7:00am. When contacting the delivery service they were rude and unprofessional. Talking with the manager I was assured a rescheduled delivery for 2/28/14 in the afternoon before 2:30pm. They again scheduled the delivery for 7:00am on 2/28/14. Again in speaking with the delivery company they wanted to reschedule for another weekday. When declined and made arrangements to be there as close to their delivery time of 7:00am as possible. Because we would not bow to the delivery companies whims, we were labeled as "hostile". Our appliances were instead delivered to the local home depot. We have to rent a truck and pick up the appliances ourselves, and arrange for disposal of our existing washer/dryer. We will never again order from Home Depot."

"I ordered a washer and dryer online as a set. The HD reviews were great. The set was delivered and the washer did not work out of the box. I called the online support and they said someone would call in 2 days to arrange pickup. I have a washer full of water with my clothes locked inside and that is the best they can do. I called the St Aug HD and the Manager Mike suggested that I had buyers remorse or that I had installed it wrong. All I wanted to do was return it to the store for a refund. Was told that there would be a 15% restocking fee for a broken washer and a dryer I have not been able to try yet. After several calls to St Aug HD and the online help desk here is the convoluted customer service answer. The online help desk will call in a couple of days to arrange to pick up the washer at their convenience. St Aug HD called "corporate" and got the ok to take back the dryer and are doing me a great favor by not charging me the restocking fee. The online online desk refuses to pick up the dryer because I have not been able to establish whether it works yet or not. St Aug HD will not take the washer because that is the online service desk's problem. Several hours and phone calls and this is the best they can do. It even took a call to "corporate" by them to get permission. For great customer service go to the Jax Beach Home Depot. They have not decided that their customers are the enemy. Hey Mike not every customer is out to steal from you. "

"Ordered some driveway sealer and crack patcher from Home Depot for a driveway refinish. Order arrived okay, so no problems there. The product itself is completely defective, it completely disintegrated during the harsh winter despite claims that it's not damaged by cold weather. I don't blame Home Depot for the product being bad, but I do blame Home Depot for rigging their online reviews to make it look acceptable. I *attempted* to write an honest review to hopefully prevent others from wasting their time and money and it was rejected. Checking into the matter further I looked at reviews on other sites for the same item and the reviews were similar to my own, people did mention problems with the product failing in cold weather. But on homedepot.com the reviews are overwhelming positive. If Home Depot is not willing to allow honest negative reviews of sub-par merchandise not a single word written about any of the products on the site can be trusted and every word must be viewed as a potential shill to increase their sales rather than the intended use of warning other buyers about problems. I have attempted to contact HD customer service about the matter and they have not had the courtesy to reply. The next time you're looking at a product on homedepot.com, be warned. Those 5-star reviews may not be honest and the negatives are being suppressed. "

"I am very disappointed with homedepot.com, very bad customer service. I place an order for area rug at homedepot.com for $422. They have a delivering set up with UPS. After 2 weeks i am checking order status for not receiving order. UPS shows they have deliver it a week back.
UPS opened an investigation on this. But, home depot did not do anything to help pay my money back of the send me another rug. I need to wait for 8 days before the investigation complete. I did not authorize the rug to be dropped outside my front door. But, UPS did it and it’s not there. Home depot should take responsibility and pay my money back or send me another rug. I was in the call with home depot customer care for more than 90 mins, total waste of time.
I will never place an order at home depot web site and do not recommend to anyone. Home depot does not know how does business in web and set up a good partnership deal with UPS.
http://www.amazon.com/ is the place to order things; the customer server at amazon is amazing.

"A few months ago, I special ordered bamboo flooring for my living room. I was so impressed with the professionalism of the sales staff. I never felt pressured to order more than what was needed and the gentleman conducted every aspect of the order. He even contacted me a few weeks after the install was completed just to see if everything was to my complete satisfaction. I will definitely order from them again!"

"I am so disappointed with the service I received after purchasing new appliances from the Home Depot. I had so many problems starting with the shipping company that delivered the appliances causing damage to my hardwood floors which they would not take responsibility for and the Home Depot did not assist me in any way. Then the fridge I received (GE Cafe) was leaking water from the side. I called the Home Depot and they told me the warranty is not with them it is with GE and I would have to call them directly. I ended up having to call them numerous times because they needed to replace the fridge. The second fridge I got had a problem with the water dispenser. Basically the Home Depot took alot of my hard earned money and then washed their hands of me. I will never again shop at the Home Depot. Do not buy appliances there. Go to a store that takes care of their customers. Home Depot does not. "

"I orginally had written a review of Home Depot when they canceled my order without telling me. Then telling me it was out of stock.

I am now changing it because they did handle the situation and they once again have proved to me that they do care about the customer.

I hope eveyone on here had tried to contact them and speak to a manager or someone other than customer service to let them know the situation. That is what I had to do and it was taken care of.

Thank you HOme Depot!!

"This review is not so much for the washer because I never was able to use it! I ordered the washer dryer and pedestals ! When the delivery guys showed up and installed the appliances I noticed something was wrong with the was they were acting when they finished! They were in a hurry to leave my home so I went to look at the appliances and notices very large scratches and dents! I immediately went into bitch mode because I couldn't believe my eyes!! The men were yelling at me in Spanish being very disrespectful cursing at me!! I honestly almost had a nervous breakdown because I almost signed the paper releasing them liable from any damages!! Just the nerve of these guys bringing damaged goods into my home after I paid almost 3000 was unexplainable! Im Still shocked and lost for words! I'm praying this is a bad dream and I'll wake up and have a washer and dryer!!! I really feel bad for anyone received damaged appliances and signed the paperwork because it almost happened to me!! Here are photos taken within 10 minutes after installation!!! Oh my gosh the same thing was happening yo me when I would call and the agents would act as if they couldn't hear me through the phone!!!!"

"I bought a vanity that had a damaged box. I was told at the store during pickup that although the box was damaged, there was no internal damage...WRONG! It looked like a fork lift went right through the back after I took the box off. I received no compensation, wrote a negative review that was rejected (surprise) and was told it did not describe a "product experience". Isn't receiving a damaged product, without compensation, a product experience? What else is it? No more Home Depot! Basically, I paid them hundreds to haul their garbage away."

"As one who grew u in and often made my living in the building trades, I am no stranger to the field. I have never had a satisfactory experience with any Home Depot. For some years it was the only large store near (Rochester, NH) my family vacation property but the store had poor stock, mostly ignorant salespeople (found one retired electrician who did know his stuff, and shoddy quality (three small power tools crapped out in just a few hours' use). At another, near Framingham, MA, the hardware people didn't even know what I was looking for (farm gate hinges) but the Lowe's in the next town a few miles away knew immediately and had them in stock. In the past 6 weeks I have tried to buy four different products from HD on the web only to find that they did not have them in stock for web delivery or at any store within a hour's drive. All were being discontinued from their inventory, although I found them readily elsewhere. I have a commercial charge with HD but I see no reason ever to try to use it again."