Stores > Home Depot

Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.48/10 1.48/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.11/10 1.11/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.35/10 1.35/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.79/10 1.79/10
Voice your opinion! Review Home Depot by clicking a star below.
2017-08-20

Worse service in USA

"Last year we changed all the doors and windows in our house. The project cost more than $35,000.00. We are still dealing with them to finish off the project due to the installation service being incredibly bad. City Inspectors cannot pass the inspection. Since then nobody cares after they collected the money. We been sending messages to home Depot and calling the 1 800 # yet no solution. They have sent different contractors three times to solve the problem taking the doors and or some windows out and putting them back in without solving the problem. They make the appointment with the Inspectors to come and the contractors don't show up for the Inspection. Or they call for the inspection but they don't call me and tell me that the inspectors are coming so I can be there to open the house. It has been almost one year and we are still with some window parts in our living room without been install, because they don't pass the Inspection. At this point I think my only solution will be a legal act, because not even managers care about the service that they give to us. I'm even thinking to report them in Customer Service Bureau. "

2017-08-19

Terrible

"I've had a terrible experience during my first visit at Home Depot located in Matthews, North Carolina. I had already bought a twin mattress from a store, and was looking to buy a nice bed frame. I was recommended from friends and family to go to Home Depot, which was the worst mistake I've made so far. We ordered the bed frame and built it twice. Following that we went to the store to check about a screw because it turns out that a few were missing. Unfortunately, the screws weren't available. Following that, I decided to enquire about the top wooden piece of the bed frame. After a few minutes at customer service it turned out that they delivered it incomplete, and it would take another 2 weeks to deliver. So I had to un-do the entire bed frame and return it, making it the third time to assemble the bed."

2017-08-14

"Lost" 2, Toto Toilet shipments!

"I ordered a Toto Ultramax toilet from Home Depot.com. The item was in stock and gave me a delivery date for "ships to store", 10 days out. I ordered, it shipped the next day and then I waited, and waited, and waited. Called the Auburn, Ca store 2 weeks later, where it should've been delivered. They contacted the shipper, Estes, and advised that the toilet was lost. They reordered. Great, right? No.... the identical thing happened on the second one. I canceled after 2 weeks and a date that just kept moving out. What a nightmare, I won't be ordering from HD again!"

2017-08-12

Buy and use a local appliance store

"You may save a little money buying an appliance at Home Depot but you'll waste a lot of time that is far more valuable on hold with customer service and waiting for the delivery. Home Depot uses a third party for delivery (GE) who then uses another 3rd party to deliver ( in my case Spirit Delivery). Pay a little more and have a less headaches. .Stove was never deliveried today and to avoid more time being wasted wI'll be canceling order and going elsewhere."

2017-08-10

Rude Sales Associates

"I went to this store to buy appliances and carpet, I was able to purchase appliances but they over charged me, when I went through receipt I found they over charged me by 126.00 on my credit card, I called to find out why. supervisor stated that he would replace the money, I then went to carpet department, the associates are more worried about lunch and being rude, I also let their supervisor know, I did let her know that if her people do not want to work then they should leave. She let me know that I would not fine a better deal on Carpet, she was wrong Lowe's is having the same advertisement on free installation and their people are very helpful and friendly I am sorry I did not get my appliances from them. I will never refer any of my friends or family to HOME DEPOT."

2017-08-09

Online order delivery

"We ordered a refrigerator online from Home Depot. We had a delivery date set for the next week. We had an email confirmation that they were going to deliver it that day and at a spicific time. The time came and went with no delivery, so we called Home Depot and were told that the delivery was attempted. That wasn't true because we had been home all day. Then they said that they had tried to call Us to verify the delivery but that there was no answer. The phone number they had for us was an old number that was no longer in service however on the delivery instructions we gave them a phone number to call and they just didn't bother to call it. Plus, as we had already confirmed for delivery day and time via email the phone call was unnecessary. We set another delivery date for the next week. We got a call A couple of days before the scheduled delivery verifying that we still wanted the refrigerator and we told them yes and they said it would be delivered in two days. When the delivery day came around again we had not received an email or phone call verifying at a time so we called them to see when they were going to deliver a refrigerator. We were then told that we were not on the schedule for delivery that day and that there was no Way that they could deliver it that day. We escalated to see if there was anyway we could get it delivered and we were told no. The soonest we could get delivered was in another three days. At this point, we are at over two weeks without a refrigerator. Home Depot doesn't seem to care that their delivery process is a problem, they have made no effort to make things right with us. The best they can do is say "oh we will reschedule it" but even that is days away. "

2017-08-07

Have to pay for something never received

"I made an order online. The product was never received but showed "delivered', so I called Home Depot Online & Home Depot Credit Card to find out what was going on. They started dispute process & now 2 months later I am being told that the case was closed in favor of HOME DEPOT ONLINE only because their record shows the product was delivered. So now I am being told to pay for over $320 for the product I NEVER RECEIVED. This was not the only one I had bad experience with their online order, but this is just unbelievably terrible experience & I am responsible for something I don't even have a possession on. DON'T BUY ANYTHING HOMEDEPOT.COM, their delivery from store is also terrible."

2017-08-02

Unsafe Tool Box

"I bought the 52inch husky tool chest, it buckled and became unstable just a few weeks after the three year warranty expired. Home Depot / Husky did nothing about it because the warranty expired. I asked if they would sell me just the lower box, considering the upper and lower box comes in separate packaging. Home Depot refused to sell me just the lower portion. I wrote a review of my experience and included pictures of the tool box and how it broke, Home Depot rejected the review to prevent other customers from seeing it. I just want to inform other potential customers of the dangers associated with the poor quality of the box and Home Depot's disregard for customer safety by not providing safe tool boxes that perform to the specs, the 1,000 lbs capacity for example."

2017-08-02

Refused to deliver and refused to refund

"I placed a 2800 order for delivery. They flaked twice for delivery from the store. Both were no call no shows. They told me it would cost $90.00 more if I wanted the delivery that week. I was sent poorly packaged and damaged goods from their distribution center. I spent over seven hours on the phone trying to get my money back. This is the most pathetic Home Depot I have encountered. I would not even recommend it to someone I do not like.

They are now calling me to change my reviews but they wont refund me for the items they did not deliver. They are stating that they did make the delivery.

t_backstrom's Avatar

Colorado, USA
2017-07-30

Online Delivery To Store Horrible!

"Ordered a CB radio antenna online for pickup at my local store. The tracking says it is due for pickup tomorrow, but the UPS tracking number supplied by Home Depot says the antenna hasn't even been given to them yet after 5 days. I'll update this if they ever do decide to deliver the antenna I bought from them."

2017-07-25

Home Depot Exteriors Nightmare

"Day 272 of Home Depot Exteriors Nightmare. Hired Home Depot Oct 25, 2016 to professionally install James Hardie Board on our home. 272 days later the installation is still not complete and what has been installed is not a professional installation. The original installation team has been fired. Trying to contact some one with Home Depot Exteriors is impossible. When a Home Depot employee has been to the house they state that installation is not professional, installation does not adhere to James Hardie installation guidelines, would not be happy if this were their home, but don't say I said that I would lose my job. 272 days of Home Depot Exteriors Nightmare!

2017-07-16

SET NEVER SHIPPED AND CUSTOMER SERVICE WAS AWEFUL

"I am giving this a one-star because of my experience with the order fulfillment. The actual set is nice and comfortable. I originally ordered this set from Home Depot.com and they royally screwed up this order that I nearly waited 1 month before I was able to get my hands on this set. The only time I was able to receive the correct product is after I went into a store and asked for a manager to locate this item and have it delivered because it was apparent that Home Depot.com was not going to fulfill the order.

Before this happened, I waited nearly a month for delivery of this item and it never came. It was scheduled to arrive at my home in early June, but a few days after the latest estimated arrival date has come and gone, I began to call the service line continuously. I was first told they didn't know what happened to the item and will call me back when then find out. A few more days went by and I had to call in to be told that the item was lost by the shipper! I was told that they will reorder the item. Another few days go by and instead of reordering the item, I was told that the item was never shipped in the first place and is on back-order (this was never explained earlier and it quickly became clear that Home Depot had no idea what was happening). I had to call several more times just to have them follow through on their promise and actually refund the money for this product. At the end of this ordeal I had spent hours of total time on the phone over 7 different phone calls and got nowhere. The most ridiculous thing is they acted like this was no big deal the entire time and it aggravated me!

2017-07-14

horrible

"It is the worst in whole world. We bought a washer and dryer on home depot website.
The promise of delivery is on Wednesday 12th.
The deliverer said that there is your dryer but no washer. so you have to call home depot.
we called, home depot said
"I will look it up and call you."
it's Wednesday.
never call!
so we again call Thursday.
the operater, she's names Raby, she same said again. ofcourse never get call.
we called again, we talked to the manager on Friday.
manager is ""I will look it up and call you."
yes, there is no call.
WTF!!!!!
refund it if lost.
we are furious.

2017-07-14

Not Military Friendly

"content://media/external/file/8225
Did any of your management ever serve in the military.
Evidently not

2017-07-13

Horribble costumer service

"I bought a dewalt tool it has life guarantee after 4 days it broke so i went to home depot to replace it At elgin 95 north randall road cashier alexandra gave me attitude and refused to replace it. They need to train their workers to give better service because they dont have a clue what life guarentee means, so i bought another tool in the same store only because i dont have time to search for another store. Very poor quality service "

Share Home Depot's store rating

Home Depot is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Home Depot is not a merchant member
Home Depot does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!