Home Decorators Collection Reviews - HomeDecorators.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 0.00/10 53 reviews

Home Decorators Collection is not a merchant member
Home Decorators Collection does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"Customer service is so nice. Too bad they can't really DO anything to resolve my issue. This mornings "chat' session went like this.

Thank you for choosing Home Decorators Collection. An Associate will be with you shortly.

You are now chatting with 'Stephanie'.

Stephanie: Welcome to Home Decorators Collection. How may I assist you with your order today?

Paul: You can help me by telling me when/if I will ever receive the remaining items on my order 47144000

Stephanie: Hi Paul. I am happy to assist you with your question regarding the status of your order. Can you please confirm your complete name and address?

Paul:********************

Stephanie: Thank you Paul. This is the order for the 4 non-slip rug pads and the Epoch rugs correct?

Paul: Yes. I have received the pads, and two of the rugs. Original order was placed Mar. 3rd

Paul: 4 pads shipped on 03/05, one rug shipped on 03/05, then another on 03/31

Stephanie: I am very sorry for the delay in the Epoch Rugs. We are expecting the remaining 2 to ship 5/30 directly from the vendor. For the inconvenience I am able to offer a $15 discount on the order now or a $25 coupon for a future order. Which would you like applied.

Paul: Apply it to the order NOW. I don't expect to be ordering anymore from this company. This lag time on shipping is ridiculous. Thanks

Stephanie: I am sincerely sorry for the delay. If the item arrive soon we will send them directly. Is there anything else I can assist with today?

Paul: No Thank you.

Stephanie: Thank you for shopping with Home Decorators Collection. Please close the chat window by clicking on the close button on the upper right of your chat window and take a few moments to complete our customer survey. If you would like assistance with your order by phone, please feel free to call us at 800-245-2217. Have a great day. "

Over 60 days, if the last 2 items actually ship when they say, is an absurd length of time to complete an order, especially when they show the item as "available" on their website.

modified review This review was modified by DizZatified on April 18 2014 11:34:41 AM

"Ordered two bathroom vanities online with free shipping offer
Smaller vanity came ok, the larger one has now been shipped and returned FIVE TIMES! Each time the vanity was damaged in the same area (cracked sink and broken legs). Each time we called Home Decorators and although very apologetic and sent out another one, it takes two weeks (from Mexico Missouri to Sacramento) and arrives damaged. Because we got free shipping and the fact we had the smaller matching vanity alreaady set up, we kept letting them ship out more. It was comical until we had enough. We have been promised a full refund for both vanities and they are going to set up a appt time to pick up the small vanity as well. That had to have cost Home Decorators tons of money but they kept sending it the same way, with the same shippers! Not too smart.

modified review This review was modified by Tolley2 on March 07 2014 11:28:07 AM

"I have ordered with Home Decorators in the past, and been generally satisfied. Unfortunately, this time has been a real mess, consistent with some of the other reviews here. I ordered a closet system, with a lot of different pieces, all labeled on the website as "in stock". I got an email a few days later saying items would be shipped in a few days. Then, I got an email stating that one single item had been shipped; then, an email saying that 6 of the items would not be shipped for several weeks. It has been 2 weeks since my order, and I have not received anything. Responses to emails from the company have been delayed, and have contained minimal, incomplete, or incorrect information. They apparently get some information "from the vendor", and relay to me, but the information I get has been terribly poor and I have no idea what the status of all of the different pieces of my order are. Very poor!!"

modified review This review was modified by loranandy on February 01 2014 07:24:18 AM

"The best thing about Home Decorators Collection is the magazine.

My order confirmation email said my rug would ship 10/13/2013 and when it did not arrive I called to find out it would not ship until FEBRUARY! They said I was informed in the confirmation email but that was incorrect, it says 10/13 next to the rug. Who wants products that take MONTHS to arrive? A quality company would have informed me by email of the change and when I declined the order, offered to locate another rug we could get faster. They acted like they could care less I cancelled my subscription to the magazine and will go with West Elm or other type decorating idea book from now on.

modified review This review was modified by SPresident on October 16 2013 07:45:04 AM

"Agree with all the awful reviews...worst customer service ever!! Never again stay far far away from this company!!!"

modified review This review was modified by boxco on October 11 2013 04:19:39 PM

"Do not purchase from Home Decorators Collection! They do not make anything they sell; they act as the middle man between the vendor and customer. They offer no information on tracking your package. I have placed two orders with HDC and had to call multiple times to find out about my items. Their customer service is despicable. They provide you with false information and do not follow through. In my last call to them I asked to speak with a supervisor and she was the rudest person I have ever dealt with. 9 times out of 10 you can find the vendor on your own by Googling the product name. Deal directly with the vendor, it will save you several phone calls and headaches."

modified review This review was modified by JuliaGooliaC on October 07 2013 04:52:54 PM

"Quality is not what HD advertises/claims to be. Dull veneers and the wood work is sketchy at best. It has no backsplash and Home Depot does not carry vanity backsplashes; they only carry the side-splashes. Go figure. The drain pipe that was included is too small for the groove & the actual drain was metric so no replacement drain pipe would work! Really?!! The opening in the back is ridiculously too small to fit the plumbing. Their 100% guarantee is a catch 22... I paid $150 for shipping which would not be refunded and to add insult to injury I would have to pay another shipping fee to return the sink vanity. I would be at a loss of hundreds of dollars because Home Decorators sold me a horrible quality sink vanity! Even though they are owned by Home Depot, they do not allow to return the vanity to a local Home Depot which would at least save me, the customer, further aggravation and money for return shipping costs. I will tell everyone I can to never buy from Home Decorators, ever! It has been a very disappointing experience and the worst $995.34 spent. Truly unhappy with this sink vanity! I later found that there are many other places that are less expensive with better quality. Keep looking. DO NOT BUY!"

modified review This review was modified by Leeza21231928 on April 26 2013 09:17:14 PM

"Horrible customer service!!!!!!!!!!
Ordered drapes on 2/28/13 was told should ship 3/4/13
Called Tuesday 3/5 was told they shipped
and they emailed the vendor to forward the tracking info to me
Called on about 3/7/13 after not hearing anything
And was told that they did not ship them and they should be going out
On 3/11/13. Received email that they were back ordered until 4/9/13
So I called and canceled the order. Was told that it takes 72 hours to cancel
With the vendor then another 7-10 business days to receive a refund.
Called on 3/11/13 to verify the order was canceled because I never received
A confirmation email and to ask why I had to wait so long for a refund.
Now I was told the curtains were not due to be in before 4/15
Still waiting for credit. They gave me some song and dance about
Hurricane sandy which I find odd being I was told they get shipped out of Georgia
I live in Long Island and was hit by sandy as far as I know Georgia was not involved with sandy
So they gave me 4 different ship dates, charged my credit card.
And told me that I have to wait days and days for a refund
This it was not custom made they were stock
Now going to call the credit card company to put a stop on the charge. Also ordered the same drapes from another company and should have them by this Thursday. They confirmed that they were shipped.
Why would I wait 7 plus weeks for this which is not even guaranteed they will
Ever be available. Was told so many lies by them.

"I ordered a rug on 11/12 for Christmas. Smooth transaction online, however I kept getting emails that the ship date was pushed back until when they said ship date would be Jan. 8, I had to cancel because I needed a rug for Christmas. I tried to cancel for 2 weeks! I was told that the vendor had to cancel the order and it would take 48-72 hours. Then after 72 hours I was told that the vendor hadn't responded so Home Decorators would take care of canceling the order which would take another 48-72 hours. After waiting 3 more days I called American Express and told them everything. Then later that same day I got an email saying the rug had been shipped but NO TRACKING number!!! Very very strange.....I'm glad I reported them to Amex.....NEVER buy from them! By the way, they say the vendor is Home Depot....I always do business with Home Depot and have NEVER had any problems."

modified review This review was modified by b-373 on December 21 2012 09:18:03 AM

"Wish I saw this site before I ordered from Home Decorators. Customer Service is terrible, each time I talk to someone they say something different than the last person. I ordered Christmas gifts from them with monogramming and I received an email 1.5 weeks after the order that they would be shipped in January. That is 45 days from my order date and they will not cancel the order. I spoke with someone the day I received the email and she said I would get receive a refund in 5-7 days and today when I called they refused the refund and would not discuss the prior call I had with their Customer Service representative. I would not trust anything they say over the phone - make sure you get everything in writing. I will never do business with them again."

"I've had such an abysmal experience with Home Decorators that I will not do business with them again. I ordered 3 sets of blinds via their arrangement with Home Depot online (blinds.homedepot.com is actually Home Decorators), using my Home Depot charge card. BIG mistake! Measuring info online was wrong, causing me to think the blinds would fit as an "interior" and not "exterior" mounting. As a result, the blinds do not fit & they will not take them back; despite their incorrect info they rely upon their "no returns for custom merchandise" clause. 1 blind never arrived at all yet they will not make an adjustment to the charge. Went through a credit dispute with Citicorp, which runs the Home Depot card, & they insist the charge is legit. I am now back to arguing with Home Decorators about it. I've spent hours on this. They cannot find my order by the #s on the packing slip or order confirmation in order to follow up or check on problems, but they sure know how to tie it to my charge card. About $550 wasted."

"The customer service is terrible, both online and at the Lake Zurich store. I wanted to exchange a California King size headboard with a King size that I ordered online and initially I was told I could not exchange it because it was “custom made” (all I did was pick the style, a standard size and color). After I explained to online customer service that nowhere on their website does it state that headboards are custom made, they agreed to let me exchange it at the Lake Zurich store. I took it to the Lake Zurich store where a store clerk told me that the system would not let them exchange it, but they could process it as a return and order me the King size. To make a long story short, they had actually ended up processing the return as an exchange in addition to ordering a new one, so I had two headboards. I made multiple attempts to explain the situation to online customer service, but they refused to return the first one. I talked to the Lake Zurich store manager who initially lied to me and said that they took care of it, but I continued to receive emails that two headboards were being shipped to me. When I talked the same Lake Zurich store manager to let her know the problem was not resolved, she said the return could not be done and that her store clerk would never return a headboard (even though I had the paperwork to prove it) and that I need to take care of this with the online customer service because it was their error. Also, during this ordeal HomeDecorators also posted an additional charge to my credit card that I never authorized that they said was related to the “exchange”. I did not sign anything or order anything and they did not contact me – the charge just suddenly showed up on my credit card statement. This also took multiple emails to the online customer service before it was removed."

"Ordered two matching rugs for the same area of the house. Online order was accepted. The next day we received notification that one rug had shipped. The following day we received notification that they were out of stock and that the second rug would not ship as the item was no longer available. Who does that? And after spending hours picking these out. Now we have to go through the hassle of shipping the now mismatched rug back... ahhh! Not a good first impression."

modified review This review was modified by PlantedInPlano on May 30 2012 06:37:13 AM

"I would never buy anything from this company again. We bought a $1,800 outdoor furniture set. It was extremely poorly painted. Very thin in many spots then chipping in other areas. The welding was also unprofessional. When we asked customer service how they could fix the paint issue, they said we could paint it at our cost or we could return it. Not very good customer service. We did get our refund but extremely poor quality and weak customer service. We also did not get refunded for the $150 delivery cost to our house. At least they paid for the return shipping. We were amazed at how poor the quality was. Very, very dissapointing."

"Do not do business with these folks. Their customer service is terrible. I returned an item I had purchased (purchased on 3/26 and returned on 4/18 - with a USPS delivery confirmation of 4/20). I followed all of the instructions on their website and then waited two weeks and never heard from them - so I started sending emails. I was told by Tanya that due to their strict return policy (which is advertised on their website as a "no hassle return policy") that they would not be able to issue a refund but would send me a gift card instead. Apparently they held my return in their distribution center until the 45 days had passed so they wouldn't have to issue a refund. I find it totally unacceptable to that they have refused to issue me a refund. At least I can use the gift card at Home Depot because I will never shop with them ever again! "