Product & services pricing Rating 3.57/10 3.57/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.36/10 0.36/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.14/10 2.14/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.00/10 1.00/10

"Ordered two KENTER SLIPPER CHAIRS in custom fabric. They seemed fine when delivered, but the fabric on both the chairs seat cushions tore at the backs of the seats along the piping. Literally these two chairs we sat in less than 10 times in a year, but because we did not notice the tears until after the warranty and exchange period expired, we got 20% credit back for the cost, and when I asked for the manufacturers information I was told it is against their policy to give that out. Looked it up.... KENTER furniture is made in CHINA!!!! Last time we will order from Home Decorators Collection. Poor quality."

modified review This review was modified by Ambrosetti2 on November 03 2014 01:29:52 PM

"Ordered a rug that website said was in stock. To make a long story short, 3 weeks and numerous emails and phone calls later, the rug is out of stock for extended period of time yet it STILL says in tock on the website, the charged my CC and I have yet to receive a return call about my refund. I will NEVER order from this company again and while their customer service people have been pleasant and have tried to be helpful, they are also left scratching their heads at the way business is done there."

"The WORST. A HOME DEPOT Co. FYI. Ordered desks Aug 2013. Promised every month would get. Thought I would never get so purchased one desk elsewhere. The HD desks arrived Aug 2014. Only need 1 sending other back. No opportunity for them to give a prepaid shipping label. So at my expense with an Amex dispute resolution. They also charged me this years price (full price) Not 2013 price plus 20% off. Dispute that too. Internet reps clueless idiots they give you canned responses and really don't care to resolve anything. Shop elsewhere, found other places less expensive."

modified review This review was modified by merchant36 on September 18 2014 07:04:43 AM

"The design help was excellent. The customer service was excellent. The cabinets I ordered were good quality. The problem was in the shipment of a matching toe-kick. The item is 8ft long and 1/4inch thick but packaged in a long triangle box with no reinforcement. First one arrived in 2 pieces with one piece partially crushed. second one arrived in 3 pieces. Third one which was supposedly specially packaged was badly scratched by staples closing box. How hard is it to package the piece with extra cardboard for protection/reinforcement? I'm now waiting for the 4th attempt. "

modified review This review was modified by milwaukeediy on September 17 2014 09:30:31 AM

Home Decorators Collection User

"My advice is not to deal with this company - at least not over the internet. They are timely at responding to complaints regarding replacement of defective material with promises which come to nothing. I have come to feel that HDC Home Decorators' modus operendi is to drag you along until you give up all the time having no intention of sending a replacement. (The part was so noticeably defective, it should never have been shipped in the first place!)"

"HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE... I purchased a decorative model airplane made of solid metal on the Home Decorators Collection website to display in my home... Several days later I received the item, but it appeared to be very used and/or possibly a display model with many dings, dents, and scratches (and even some rust spots on it)... I called Home Decorators Collection and asked for a replacement, which I did receive a week later... However, the replacement was actually in worse condition than the one they had sent me previously! I called Home Decorators Collection again and asked for a refund this time... They said they would go ahead and mail me a pre-paid shipping label and claimed that I would get a refund when they they were in receipt of the returned item... So, I shipped the item back to them and confirmed that they had received it using the UPS tracking number, but a week later, I still hadn't received my refund... I called them AGAIN today and they said they would try to expedite my refund and that I should expect it within the next 5 days... At this point, I'm not holding my breath... I will never buy anything from Home Decorators Collection again."

modified review This review was modified by JoePelle on July 31 2014 01:51:43 PM

"I was told I'd have my order in 5-7 days, all was in stock. Received half the order with paperwork saying all was sent. Called company 2 times now and lied to about a delivery date. 2 1/2 weeks and still don't have it. Got a new delivery date told to me today. Don't believe them. Was supposed to have it all before the holiday to spruce up my patio decor for my guests:(
They've lost my business and I'll make sure everyone knows!

modified review This review was modified by Katiestyle on July 08 2014 12:19:20 PM

"Customer service is so nice. Too bad they can't really DO anything to resolve my issue. This mornings "chat' session went like this.

Thank you for choosing Home Decorators Collection. An Associate will be with you shortly.

You are now chatting with 'Stephanie'.

Stephanie: Welcome to Home Decorators Collection. How may I assist you with your order today?

Paul: You can help me by telling me when/if I will ever receive the remaining items on my order 47144000

Stephanie: Hi Paul. I am happy to assist you with your question regarding the status of your order. Can you please confirm your complete name and address?

Paul:********************

Stephanie: Thank you Paul. This is the order for the 4 non-slip rug pads and the Epoch rugs correct?

Paul: Yes. I have received the pads, and two of the rugs. Original order was placed Mar. 3rd

Paul: 4 pads shipped on 03/05, one rug shipped on 03/05, then another on 03/31

Stephanie: I am very sorry for the delay in the Epoch Rugs. We are expecting the remaining 2 to ship 5/30 directly from the vendor. For the inconvenience I am able to offer a $15 discount on the order now or a $25 coupon for a future order. Which would you like applied.

Paul: Apply it to the order NOW. I don't expect to be ordering anymore from this company. This lag time on shipping is ridiculous. Thanks

Stephanie: I am sincerely sorry for the delay. If the item arrive soon we will send them directly. Is there anything else I can assist with today?

Paul: No Thank you.

Stephanie: Thank you for shopping with Home Decorators Collection. Please close the chat window by clicking on the close button on the upper right of your chat window and take a few moments to complete our customer survey. If you would like assistance with your order by phone, please feel free to call us at 800-245-2217. Have a great day. "

Over 60 days, if the last 2 items actually ship when they say, is an absurd length of time to complete an order, especially when they show the item as "available" on their website.

modified review This review was modified by DizZatified on April 18 2014 11:34:41 AM

"Ordered two bathroom vanities online with free shipping offer
Smaller vanity came ok, the larger one has now been shipped and returned FIVE TIMES! Each time the vanity was damaged in the same area (cracked sink and broken legs). Each time we called Home Decorators and although very apologetic and sent out another one, it takes two weeks (from Mexico Missouri to Sacramento) and arrives damaged. Because we got free shipping and the fact we had the smaller matching vanity alreaady set up, we kept letting them ship out more. It was comical until we had enough. We have been promised a full refund for both vanities and they are going to set up a appt time to pick up the small vanity as well. That had to have cost Home Decorators tons of money but they kept sending it the same way, with the same shippers! Not too smart.

modified review This review was modified by Tolley2 on March 07 2014 11:28:07 AM

"I have ordered with Home Decorators in the past, and been generally satisfied. Unfortunately, this time has been a real mess, consistent with some of the other reviews here. I ordered a closet system, with a lot of different pieces, all labeled on the website as "in stock". I got an email a few days later saying items would be shipped in a few days. Then, I got an email stating that one single item had been shipped; then, an email saying that 6 of the items would not be shipped for several weeks. It has been 2 weeks since my order, and I have not received anything. Responses to emails from the company have been delayed, and have contained minimal, incomplete, or incorrect information. They apparently get some information "from the vendor", and relay to me, but the information I get has been terribly poor and I have no idea what the status of all of the different pieces of my order are. Very poor!!"

modified review This review was modified by loranandy on February 01 2014 07:24:18 AM

"The best thing about Home Decorators Collection is the magazine.

My order confirmation email said my rug would ship 10/13/2013 and when it did not arrive I called to find out it would not ship until FEBRUARY! They said I was informed in the confirmation email but that was incorrect, it says 10/13 next to the rug. Who wants products that take MONTHS to arrive? A quality company would have informed me by email of the change and when I declined the order, offered to locate another rug we could get faster. They acted like they could care less I cancelled my subscription to the magazine and will go with West Elm or other type decorating idea book from now on.

modified review This review was modified by SPresident on October 16 2013 07:45:04 AM

"Agree with all the awful reviews...worst customer service ever!! Never again stay far far away from this company!!!"

modified review This review was modified by boxco on October 11 2013 04:19:39 PM

"Do not purchase from Home Decorators Collection! They do not make anything they sell; they act as the middle man between the vendor and customer. They offer no information on tracking your package. I have placed two orders with HDC and had to call multiple times to find out about my items. Their customer service is despicable. They provide you with false information and do not follow through. In my last call to them I asked to speak with a supervisor and she was the rudest person I have ever dealt with. 9 times out of 10 you can find the vendor on your own by Googling the product name. Deal directly with the vendor, it will save you several phone calls and headaches."

modified review This review was modified by JuliaGooliaC on October 07 2013 04:52:54 PM

"Quality is not what HD advertises/claims to be. Dull veneers and the wood work is sketchy at best. It has no backsplash and Home Depot does not carry vanity backsplashes; they only carry the side-splashes. Go figure. The drain pipe that was included is too small for the groove & the actual drain was metric so no replacement drain pipe would work! Really?!! The opening in the back is ridiculously too small to fit the plumbing. Their 100% guarantee is a catch 22... I paid $150 for shipping which would not be refunded and to add insult to injury I would have to pay another shipping fee to return the sink vanity. I would be at a loss of hundreds of dollars because Home Decorators sold me a horrible quality sink vanity! Even though they are owned by Home Depot, they do not allow to return the vanity to a local Home Depot which would at least save me, the customer, further aggravation and money for return shipping costs. I will tell everyone I can to never buy from Home Decorators, ever! It has been a very disappointing experience and the worst $995.34 spent. Truly unhappy with this sink vanity! I later found that there are many other places that are less expensive with better quality. Keep looking. DO NOT BUY!"

modified review This review was modified by Leeza21231928 on April 26 2013 09:17:14 PM

"Horrible customer service!!!!!!!!!!
Ordered drapes on 2/28/13 was told should ship 3/4/13
Called Tuesday 3/5 was told they shipped
and they emailed the vendor to forward the tracking info to me
Called on about 3/7/13 after not hearing anything
And was told that they did not ship them and they should be going out
On 3/11/13. Received email that they were back ordered until 4/9/13
So I called and canceled the order. Was told that it takes 72 hours to cancel
With the vendor then another 7-10 business days to receive a refund.
Called on 3/11/13 to verify the order was canceled because I never received
A confirmation email and to ask why I had to wait so long for a refund.
Now I was told the curtains were not due to be in before 4/15
Still waiting for credit. They gave me some song and dance about
Hurricane sandy which I find odd being I was told they get shipped out of Georgia
I live in Long Island and was hit by sandy as far as I know Georgia was not involved with sandy
So they gave me 4 different ship dates, charged my credit card.
And told me that I have to wait days and days for a refund
This it was not custom made they were stock
Now going to call the credit card company to put a stop on the charge. Also ordered the same drapes from another company and should have them by this Thursday. They confirmed that they were shipped.
Why would I wait 7 plus weeks for this which is not even guaranteed they will
Ever be available. Was told so many lies by them.

Home Decorators Collection is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Home Decorators Collection is not a merchant member
Home Decorators Collection does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!