• Home Decorators

Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.06/10 3.06/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 4.29/10 4.29/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.00/10 2.00/10

"My experience with Home Decorators has been very positive, despite many negative reviews. I purchased two expensive area rugs with deluxe pads. After reading the reviews, I panicked and cancelled my order, but as the reviews described, the process was complicated. One of the rugs had already been sent, and one was pulled back before reaching the shipping company. In the end, I received one of the rugs very promptly, and it was beautiful and undamaged. Further, Home Decorators very promptly issued a refund for the second rug. The service representatives who helped me with this order were professional and courteous, and they delivered on their promises. Bottom line: I couldn't be happier with the products and services I received from Home Decorators."

This review was modified by DannaM on August 14 2015 08:14:22 AM

"I will NEVER order here again. 20 beautiful cushions arrived; incorrect size. My fee was $170.00 to return! Insane!! I ordered a Martha Stewart craft piece...I love it; had to pay $300. for carpenter to assemble!! RIDICULOUS. I have $700. in a $400. piece. "

This review was modified by KSCESM6 on June 27 2015 08:51:16 PM

I think it's outrageous that when I called to order these cushions, I adjusted my order to my secondary or third choice in terms of color or pattern for the sole reason that it was in stock and could be shipped immediately. Then when they didn't arrive, we call back and are assured that the cushions will be shipped on June 10th and then we get this. Maybe I was better off ordering my original choice which was supposed to be out of stock till June 1st but now I have lost all faith in the ability of Home Decorators to tell me the truth.

These are summer items and now a good month has gone by and I could have ordered from another company if Home Decorators would have simply been truthful.

Its disgusting just to think about the number of times you lied to us.

"I placed 3 large orders and am pleasantly surprised in the quick delivery, high product quality, and wonderful customer service. After placing the orders for the first time I went online to read reviews because the prices were too good to be true. After receiving the great products, I am here to defend Home Decorators from the negative posts. I am very happy with the merchandise and saved so much $$$ :-)"

This review was modified by TamiJB on April 23 2015 12:48:23 PM

"Ordered outdoor umbrella and had to exchange it for a different color frame. When I bought the umbrella there was free shipping or else I would have never ordered from them. I had to pay $57.16 to return the umbrella for an exchange. I contacted them about getting a refund since I was exchanging for a different color. They instead sent me a coupon certificate # for $50 credit. I told them I did not want the credit, I wanted my shipping credited since this was an exchange. They said they don't credit shipping charges and said the $50 discount certificate was issued. Really? And what makes them think that I will want to order from them again, NOT! I saw another post where they credited someone for shipping so why the double standard? I told them that they need to change their return/exchange policy, Amazon is great on giving you credit. I am very disappointed. This puts me over in what I budgeted for the umbrella. I could have just as well gotten it somewhere else."

This review was modified by toniq52 on April 12 2015 01:41:06 PM

"I don't understand all the negative reviews. I couldn't be happier with Home Decorators. I ordered a dining room table. I told the girl in customer service I was concerned about returning the table in case the color was not right. She assured me they would pickup the table and pay the return shipping. She immediately sent me a follow up e-mail. The table shipped out within three days. I was provided a tracking number and the table arrived a week before expected. It is absolutely beautiful and is perfect with my other furniture. It was an all around great experience and I will definitely purchase from them again. "

"Inferior furniture than what is advertised. As a matter of fact, HDC should be considered boardering on deceptive trade practice.BUYER BEWARE, they don't even deserve a one star"

"This the worst place to order from! From charging me 2x, to giving one days notice of delivery. Asked for a change of the date of delivery; was promised a new date: IT WAS BS!!!!! It can when I was out of town."

This review was modified by nevenagian on March 24 2015 11:07:59 AM

"Never again! I ordered a $500 rug from this company. It was gratifying to receive an immediate confirmation, but there the positive aspect of the purchase ended. My credit card was charged the $500 on the day the rug was ordered. 10 days after the order was placed, at 7 AM, I received an email informing me that the rug was back ordered and would not be in for a month. I called customer service, verified that this was true, and cancelled the order. I then called Overstock.com and ordered my second choice rug. About 4PM the same day, I received a second email from HDC telling me the rug was on the UPS truck out for delivery. WHAT??!! After calling HDC again, verifying that the first email was sent in error, I called Overstock and was able to cancel the order from then.

The rug arrived the next morning. We excitedly unrolled it. It was the wrong rug. It was a completely different pattern and color than the rug in the catalogue. I called HDC again. Did they even have the rug pictured in the catalogue? No, they responded, the rug they sent was the only rug they carried. Furious at the deception, I demanded they pick up the rug they had sent, at their cost, and return my money. 2 days later, they picked up the rug. Now, 2 weeks later, I still do not have my refund. This is a disreputable company. Do not do business with them.

"I placed my order Jan. 12th. and it is now March 3rd! I still haven't gotten ANY of my items and now they tell me they're estimated to ship out Mid May???? Do yourself a favor and spend your hard earned money elsewhere! They are a sad excuse for a business and even their customer service center was no help, it was one excuse after another!!"

"This website is ridiculous. I ordered a console table on 9/20/14. I contacted them on 10/27/14 that I didn't receive it yet and it wasn't even marked ship and I wanted to cancel the item any more. Conveniently, they said it was set to ship on the next day and sure enough I recieve an email the next day. I told them I don't want it anymore it took too long. They said they were going to charge me approx $100 for return. I was charged for that on 11/28/14 and it's now January 2015 and still have not received my refund. So I not only got charged for the table but also for the return shipping - do not have the table or the refund!!! Horrible never again will order from them."

This review was modified by Antonetta78 on January 14 2015 02:35:33 PM

"Seems common. I ordered a double vanity October 3rd for a remodel project. It's now 12/17 and still not delivered. Extremely poor service. My remodel project is in limbo.....can't paint, can't have plumber finish, can't use bathroom. I would think twice .....three times.....and not purchase critical items from this company. They simply don't deliver.

Update ........now they say it's lost. Pretty hard to loose a double vanity.

This review was modified by DaleOrd on December 19 2014 08:09:39 AM

"This company is the worst! I ordered an item online on 11/14/14 for over $80 which was charged to my credit card even though the item wasn't available to sell. It was backordered and I wasn't notified of this until 11/23/14. It was not to be available for shipping until 12/23/14 so I called to cancel it. It wasn't done. I called to cancel again on 12/2 and have an email from them that says I will receive credit in 5 business days. Now it's 12/9 and no credit yet. I called and was given a song and dance that the vendor had to notify them the item was cancelled. Since I didn't order it from the vendor that makes no sense. I'm now told I should have credit by 12/12. And the customer service people are rude."

This review was modified by egeller on December 09 2014 07:00:48 AM

"I would give them a ZERO if I could. Their return policy for a furniture store is terrible. You have to pay for return shipping. So when you're returning an item that ways almost 100 pounds you'll have to pay over $100 just to return the piece to them. Ridiculous! I will never order from them again."

"Ordered two KENTER SLIPPER CHAIRS in custom fabric. They seemed fine when delivered, but the fabric on both the chairs seat cushions tore at the backs of the seats along the piping. Literally these two chairs we sat in less than 10 times in a year, but because we did not notice the tears until after the warranty and exchange period expired, we got 20% credit back for the cost, and when I asked for the manufacturers information I was told it is against their policy to give that out. Looked it up.... KENTER furniture is made in CHINA!!!! Last time we will order from Home Decorators Collection. Poor quality."

This review was modified by Ambrosetti2 on November 03 2014 01:29:52 PM

Share Home Decorators Collection's store rating

Home Decorators Collection is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Home Decorators Collection is not a merchant member
Home Decorators Collection does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!