Stores > Home Decorators Collection
  • Home Decorators

Product & services pricing Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
Voice your opinion! Review Home Decorators Collection by clicking a star below.
2017-06-11

Junk

"I bought a jewelry armoire and waited 5 months for it. It just came the other day. The corners of the top were all broken. All the doors fell off just taking it out of the box because they used such tiny screws. Never ever again."

2017-02-24

Liars and crooks

"Shady and rude people.after you purchase your items on their website, they send you an email later that its not available.when you buy on amazon from them,they ship you 6 instead of 8,and when called,they say that its discontinued and i should make do with 6.getting a refund for missing items is a nightmare.They keep telling me to ship items back and then reorder from them. yeah,right.They are selling stuff that they do not have andhave no intentions of shipping it.let everyone know"

2017-02-23

Shipping delays, the worst ever... still waiting

"Ordered some bar chairs mid January of 2017. After a week or so we called them as we received no updates or response from anyone on delivery. They said we had given the wrong contact phone number... we updated our contact number. Still no response, called back the first week in February... still had the same wrong contact number, updated again. Called again today, well over a month has passed since the order was ready to ship, they had the wrong number, again. I told them to refund us our money if this is not resolved in 24 hours. You'd think they would have sent an email if the phone number didn't work, 3 times... Terrible experience. RAM"

2017-01-12

Excellent Customer Service

"Ordered 12 lanterns to be used at my daughters wedding Took me a few weeks to unpack to inspect all if them 1st I almost hesitated bec someone gave the a neg reviewed saying they were poorly packed This coukdnt be further frim my experience They were more than protected and wrapped perfect & 2: 1 lantern was not quite right I contactec customer service via email Was contacted and offered $ off or exchange/refund. bec they are to be used at a wedding I wanted it replaced Not only are thet sending a replacement I do not have to return the lantern in question. I will donate to a Resale shop that benefits a Womens crisis shelter By the way I LOVE the lanterns!"

2016-07-12

Worst Shipping Delays I've Ever Experienced

"All of the reviews about shipping delays are spot on. I ordered 18 curtain panels for my patio on June 9th. On July 5th, I still hadn't received them, and 1/2 the order was cancelled without notifying me. I re-ordered another set on July 7th, and on July 12th I got an email that the first set of panels were being delayed and wouldn't ship until Aug 11th. That's unreal - order on Jun 9th and still won't get shipped until Aug 11th? I have no idea why they even put a ship date on their website when it's painfully clear that they have a history of not meeting those dates. What's more shocking is that this company is owned by Home Depot - which actually has pretty decent customer care. I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone."

2016-01-23

Stay far away

"Stay far away from this company! There's a reason for the scores of scathing reviews here on Yelp. I wish I came here before I placed an order. All seemed to go ok at first; I got a confirmation, my card was charged and the item was expected on time. Weeks went by. I called to learn that the order was cancelled without alerting me. After they assured me a similar item was in stock, I reluctantly placed another order. Same wait, same story. I called again to learn the order was cancelled without having received an email, a call, whatever. Order at your own risk and you may get lucky and actually receive the item you ordered. What a joke. "

2015-10-03

"Ordered two rugs. Shipping was very slow for both. Weeks. One I kept but the other didn't look like the photo in the catalog so I needed to return it. Had to pay return shipping which was 1/4 the price of the rug. Two weeks later I checked to see if it had been credited to my Home depot account. It hadn't so I called, gave them the tracking number and said it had been received over a week prior. They said that when I mailed it I should have given them the tracking number because otherwise they don't know when the manufacturer received it. There is no communication between them and the manufacturer for returns ?! Unbelievable. Since I called they said they'd issue a credit and it would show on my account in 5 to 7 days. A week later, still no credit. They sent me a voucher for a credit on a future purchase but I'll never buy here again. If Home Depot has them as affiliates on their website customers should be able to return at the store and be credited immediately."

2015-08-14

"My experience with Home Decorators has been very positive, despite many negative reviews. I purchased two expensive area rugs with deluxe pads. After reading the reviews, I panicked and cancelled my order, but as the reviews described, the process was complicated. One of the rugs had already been sent, and one was pulled back before reaching the shipping company. In the end, I received one of the rugs very promptly, and it was beautiful and undamaged. Further, Home Decorators very promptly issued a refund for the second rug. The service representatives who helped me with this order were professional and courteous, and they delivered on their promises. Bottom line: I couldn't be happier with the products and services I received from Home Decorators."

2015-06-20

"I will NEVER order here again. 20 beautiful cushions arrived; incorrect size. My fee was $170.00 to return! Insane!! I ordered a Martha Stewart craft piece...I love it; had to pay $300. for carpenter to assemble!! RIDICULOUS. I have $700. in a $400. piece. "

2015-06-10

I think it's outrageous that when I called to order these cushions, I adjusted my order to my secondary or third choice in terms of color or pattern for the sole reason that it was in stock and could be shipped immediately. Then when they didn't arrive, we call back and are assured that the cushions will be shipped on June 10th and then we get this. Maybe I was better off ordering my original choice which was supposed to be out of stock till June 1st but now I have lost all faith in the ability of Home Decorators to tell me the truth.

These are summer items and now a good month has gone by and I could have ordered from another company if Home Decorators would have simply been truthful.

Its disgusting just to think about the number of times you lied to us.

2015-04-23

"I placed 3 large orders and am pleasantly surprised in the quick delivery, high product quality, and wonderful customer service. After placing the orders for the first time I went online to read reviews because the prices were too good to be true. After receiving the great products, I am here to defend Home Decorators from the negative posts. I am very happy with the merchandise and saved so much $$$ :-)"

2015-04-12

"Ordered outdoor umbrella and had to exchange it for a different color frame. When I bought the umbrella there was free shipping or else I would have never ordered from them. I had to pay $57.16 to return the umbrella for an exchange. I contacted them about getting a refund since I was exchanging for a different color. They instead sent me a coupon certificate # for $50 credit. I told them I did not want the credit, I wanted my shipping credited since this was an exchange. They said they don't credit shipping charges and said the $50 discount certificate was issued. Really? And what makes them think that I will want to order from them again, NOT! I saw another post where they credited someone for shipping so why the double standard? I told them that they need to change their return/exchange policy, Amazon is great on giving you credit. I am very disappointed. This puts me over in what I budgeted for the umbrella. I could have just as well gotten it somewhere else."

2015-04-11

"I don't understand all the negative reviews. I couldn't be happier with Home Decorators. I ordered a dining room table. I told the girl in customer service I was concerned about returning the table in case the color was not right. She assured me they would pickup the table and pay the return shipping. She immediately sent me a follow up e-mail. The table shipped out within three days. I was provided a tracking number and the table arrived a week before expected. It is absolutely beautiful and is perfect with my other furniture. It was an all around great experience and I will definitely purchase from them again. "

2015-04-10

"Inferior furniture than what is advertised. As a matter of fact, HDC should be considered boardering on deceptive trade practice.BUYER BEWARE, they don't even deserve a one star"

2015-03-24

"This the worst place to order from! From charging me 2x, to giving one days notice of delivery. Asked for a change of the date of delivery; was promised a new date: IT WAS BS!!!!! It can when I was out of town."

Share Home Decorators Collection's store rating

Home Decorators Collection is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Home Decorators Collection is not a merchant member
Home Decorators Collection does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!