Product & services pricing Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.25/10 0.25/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.83/10 0.83/10

"Seems common. I ordered a double vanity October 3rd for a remodel project. It's now 12/17 and still not delivered. Extremely poor service. My remodel project is in limbo.....can't paint, can't have plumber finish, can't use bathroom. I would think twice .....three times.....and not purchase critical items from this company. They simply don't deliver.

Update ........now they say it's lost. Pretty hard to loose a double vanity.

modified review This review was modified by DaleOrd on December 19 2014 08:09:39 AM

"This company is the worst! I ordered an item online on 11/14/14 for over $80 which was charged to my credit card even though the item wasn't available to sell. It was backordered and I wasn't notified of this until 11/23/14. It was not to be available for shipping until 12/23/14 so I called to cancel it. It wasn't done. I called to cancel again on 12/2 and have an email from them that says I will receive credit in 5 business days. Now it's 12/9 and no credit yet. I called and was given a song and dance that the vendor had to notify them the item was cancelled. Since I didn't order it from the vendor that makes no sense. I'm now told I should have credit by 12/12. And the customer service people are rude."

modified review This review was modified by egeller on December 09 2014 07:00:48 AM

"I would give them a ZERO if I could. Their return policy for a furniture store is terrible. You have to pay for return shipping. So when you're returning an item that ways almost 100 pounds you'll have to pay over $100 just to return the piece to them. Ridiculous! I will never order from them again."

"Ordered two KENTER SLIPPER CHAIRS in custom fabric. They seemed fine when delivered, but the fabric on both the chairs seat cushions tore at the backs of the seats along the piping. Literally these two chairs we sat in less than 10 times in a year, but because we did not notice the tears until after the warranty and exchange period expired, we got 20% credit back for the cost, and when I asked for the manufacturers information I was told it is against their policy to give that out. Looked it up.... KENTER furniture is made in CHINA!!!! Last time we will order from Home Decorators Collection. Poor quality."

modified review This review was modified by Ambrosetti2 on November 03 2014 01:29:52 PM

"Ordered a rug that website said was in stock. To make a long story short, 3 weeks and numerous emails and phone calls later, the rug is out of stock for extended period of time yet it STILL says in tock on the website, the charged my CC and I have yet to receive a return call about my refund. I will NEVER order from this company again and while their customer service people have been pleasant and have tried to be helpful, they are also left scratching their heads at the way business is done there."

"The WORST. A HOME DEPOT Co. FYI. Ordered desks Aug 2013. Promised every month would get. Thought I would never get so purchased one desk elsewhere. The HD desks arrived Aug 2014. Only need 1 sending other back. No opportunity for them to give a prepaid shipping label. So at my expense with an Amex dispute resolution. They also charged me this years price (full price) Not 2013 price plus 20% off. Dispute that too. Internet reps clueless idiots they give you canned responses and really don't care to resolve anything. Shop elsewhere, found other places less expensive."

modified review This review was modified by merchant36 on September 18 2014 07:04:43 AM

"The design help was excellent. The customer service was excellent. The cabinets I ordered were good quality. The problem was in the shipment of a matching toe-kick. The item is 8ft long and 1/4inch thick but packaged in a long triangle box with no reinforcement. First one arrived in 2 pieces with one piece partially crushed. second one arrived in 3 pieces. Third one which was supposedly specially packaged was badly scratched by staples closing box. How hard is it to package the piece with extra cardboard for protection/reinforcement? I'm now waiting for the 4th attempt. "

modified review This review was modified by milwaukeediy on September 17 2014 09:30:31 AM

Home Decorators Collection User

"My advice is not to deal with this company - at least not over the internet. They are timely at responding to complaints regarding replacement of defective material with promises which come to nothing. I have come to feel that HDC Home Decorators' modus operendi is to drag you along until you give up all the time having no intention of sending a replacement. (The part was so noticeably defective, it should never have been shipped in the first place!)"

"HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE... I purchased a decorative model airplane made of solid metal on the Home Decorators Collection website to display in my home... Several days later I received the item, but it appeared to be very used and/or possibly a display model with many dings, dents, and scratches (and even some rust spots on it)... I called Home Decorators Collection and asked for a replacement, which I did receive a week later... However, the replacement was actually in worse condition than the one they had sent me previously! I called Home Decorators Collection again and asked for a refund this time... They said they would go ahead and mail me a pre-paid shipping label and claimed that I would get a refund when they they were in receipt of the returned item... So, I shipped the item back to them and confirmed that they had received it using the UPS tracking number, but a week later, I still hadn't received my refund... I called them AGAIN today and they said they would try to expedite my refund and that I should expect it within the next 5 days... At this point, I'm not holding my breath... I will never buy anything from Home Decorators Collection again."

modified review This review was modified by JoePelle on July 31 2014 01:51:43 PM

"I was told I'd have my order in 5-7 days, all was in stock. Received half the order with paperwork saying all was sent. Called company 2 times now and lied to about a delivery date. 2 1/2 weeks and still don't have it. Got a new delivery date told to me today. Don't believe them. Was supposed to have it all before the holiday to spruce up my patio decor for my guests:(
They've lost my business and I'll make sure everyone knows!

modified review This review was modified by Katiestyle on July 08 2014 12:19:20 PM

"Customer service is so nice. Too bad they can't really DO anything to resolve my issue. This mornings "chat' session went like this.

Thank you for choosing Home Decorators Collection. An Associate will be with you shortly.

You are now chatting with 'Stephanie'.

Stephanie: Welcome to Home Decorators Collection. How may I assist you with your order today?

Paul: You can help me by telling me when/if I will ever receive the remaining items on my order 47144000

Stephanie: Hi Paul. I am happy to assist you with your question regarding the status of your order. Can you please confirm your complete name and address?

Paul:********************

Stephanie: Thank you Paul. This is the order for the 4 non-slip rug pads and the Epoch rugs correct?

Paul: Yes. I have received the pads, and two of the rugs. Original order was placed Mar. 3rd

Paul: 4 pads shipped on 03/05, one rug shipped on 03/05, then another on 03/31

Stephanie: I am very sorry for the delay in the Epoch Rugs. We are expecting the remaining 2 to ship 5/30 directly from the vendor. For the inconvenience I am able to offer a $15 discount on the order now or a $25 coupon for a future order. Which would you like applied.

Paul: Apply it to the order NOW. I don't expect to be ordering anymore from this company. This lag time on shipping is ridiculous. Thanks

Stephanie: I am sincerely sorry for the delay. If the item arrive soon we will send them directly. Is there anything else I can assist with today?

Paul: No Thank you.

Stephanie: Thank you for shopping with Home Decorators Collection. Please close the chat window by clicking on the close button on the upper right of your chat window and take a few moments to complete our customer survey. If you would like assistance with your order by phone, please feel free to call us at 800-245-2217. Have a great day. "

Over 60 days, if the last 2 items actually ship when they say, is an absurd length of time to complete an order, especially when they show the item as "available" on their website.

modified review This review was modified by DizZatified on April 18 2014 11:34:41 AM

"Ordered two bathroom vanities online with free shipping offer
Smaller vanity came ok, the larger one has now been shipped and returned FIVE TIMES! Each time the vanity was damaged in the same area (cracked sink and broken legs). Each time we called Home Decorators and although very apologetic and sent out another one, it takes two weeks (from Mexico Missouri to Sacramento) and arrives damaged. Because we got free shipping and the fact we had the smaller matching vanity alreaady set up, we kept letting them ship out more. It was comical until we had enough. We have been promised a full refund for both vanities and they are going to set up a appt time to pick up the small vanity as well. That had to have cost Home Decorators tons of money but they kept sending it the same way, with the same shippers! Not too smart.

modified review This review was modified by Tolley2 on March 07 2014 11:28:07 AM

"I have ordered with Home Decorators in the past, and been generally satisfied. Unfortunately, this time has been a real mess, consistent with some of the other reviews here. I ordered a closet system, with a lot of different pieces, all labeled on the website as "in stock". I got an email a few days later saying items would be shipped in a few days. Then, I got an email stating that one single item had been shipped; then, an email saying that 6 of the items would not be shipped for several weeks. It has been 2 weeks since my order, and I have not received anything. Responses to emails from the company have been delayed, and have contained minimal, incomplete, or incorrect information. They apparently get some information "from the vendor", and relay to me, but the information I get has been terribly poor and I have no idea what the status of all of the different pieces of my order are. Very poor!!"

modified review This review was modified by loranandy on February 01 2014 07:24:18 AM

"The best thing about Home Decorators Collection is the magazine.

My order confirmation email said my rug would ship 10/13/2013 and when it did not arrive I called to find out it would not ship until FEBRUARY! They said I was informed in the confirmation email but that was incorrect, it says 10/13 next to the rug. Who wants products that take MONTHS to arrive? A quality company would have informed me by email of the change and when I declined the order, offered to locate another rug we could get faster. They acted like they could care less I cancelled my subscription to the magazine and will go with West Elm or other type decorating idea book from now on.

modified review This review was modified by SPresident on October 16 2013 07:45:04 AM

"Agree with all the awful reviews...worst customer service ever!! Never again stay far far away from this company!!!"

modified review This review was modified by boxco on October 11 2013 04:19:39 PM

Home Decorators Collection is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Home Decorators Collection is not a merchant member
Home Decorators Collection does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!