• HomeAdvisor
    • Address: 14023 Denver West Pkwy, Golden, CO

"Just wondering! I used a contractor from a list you furnished to me. This contractor had 9 reviews. All the reviews were a 5, with plenty of nice complimentary things to say. Our experience with this contractor started out great. Down hill all the way. The work schedule exceeded the agreed upon time frame by double. The contractor did not finish the job, had to take 2-3 months off as he had been working so hard. Literally left work undone and poor quality. I guess he wanted final payment so he came back to take care of the punch list. Oh my gosh, I am upset about his quality of work. We paid him in full just to be rid of him.

"Had RJ's electrical service company out today, owner moved some stuff around so I could have Saturday service since the closing on my home was coming fast and all other companies were saying it would be 2-3 weeks before they could come out, price was great and the technician did a great job installing outlets and running a new wire for my tankless water heater.
Tech was very friendly and got job finished same day. I will definitely recommend RJ's electrical to people I know that want good work done at a affordable price and friendly service.

"We had a great experience with Gilbert and crew from Western Pacific Paint company,Azusa. There is probably nothing more frustrating when you hire a contractor and constantly get bugged that the job will require more money or need more money. Western Pacific stood by their quote and never compromised the job. I would totally recommend Western Pacific to anyone requiring a Great paint job.....Great Job Guys ! Thanks."

oceanlady253's Avatar

Gastonia, N.C.

"Thank you for the fast and helpful response. Great job keep the great work. I would recommend Hometown Repairs and Remodeling to everyone. Thank you. Kim Smith"

This review was modified by oceanlady253 on June 08 2015 01:28:38 PM

"As a contractor I definitely would not sign up with them. They charge per lead in a tiered fashion. Size of job (bigger jobs, lead charge higher) and whether customer asks for your company info (more expensive) or just a random contractor in field of job request. 6 out of 10 leads were bad. Either the customer was just getting an idea of costs, not really ready to start, the jobs would be smaller than lead charge, they asked for random company but HA charged for specific company info, name or phone numbers bad or non-existent. When I started getting leads for people like "Mel Gibson" I started questioning them. 1 gentleman I spoke to said he had cancelled his request yet I was charged for him.
As a customer, be forewarned, I don't recall giving them enough personal info for them to do a background check other than "references" and I've seen several reviews saying their negative reviews never showed up. You may think you're hiring a 5 star company but it may be all the reviews were not posted?

"Confused as to how these ratings work. There are clearly more positive reviews than negative, but it has a low rating? Also, the bad are advertised on first page, so it looks negative. Anyways, used home advisor to fix a faucet. Had a very kind plumber in my house in 45 min. Worked great. Loved my experience."

This review was modified by markyyyy on May 07 2015 10:35:22 AM

"So because Angie's List costs money, I thought I'd give Home Adviser a try. It said that it was the non-subscription version of Angie's List. I gave them my phone number THINKING I was creating an account, but what I was really doing was giving them my phone number so they could give it out to the now 10 high-pressure sales people that have called me in the last hour. So NOT what I wanted. Home Adviser SUCKS, and I pretty much feel like a big, fat fool... Let my tale be a warning to you!! I'm off to try yelp..."

"Got a call within an hour of search. Was out the same day. Outstanding. "

"BEWARE**** I used Home Advisor to locate a contractor for home repairs. Since signing up, I have been flooded with telemarketer phone calls. I have a list of 6 different numbers so far that keep calling my cell phone. It is very annoying and they ignore my request to be taken off the list. Do not give Home Advisor your real phone number!

PS Home Advisor service was useless as well.

"They are a rip off! They screw over contractors charging them thousands of dollars and offering them false leads. Bernie Madoff would be proud! A government investigation needs to happen especially towards CEO Chris Terrill!"

This review was modified by csh2578 on March 06 2015 02:17:47 PM

"Home Advaisor is a big big SCAM company
i am not going to use never.

"Home Advisor makes a lot of promises and does not keep many of them. They talk about putting your site on Google, Bing, Yahoo...that never happens. They talk about quality leads...we had Home Advisor for 3 weeks. Got 4 leads. We are a lawn care business in a three zip code ares. #1 lead was out of zip code, #2 never answered their phone. No Voice Mail. #3 Scheduled appointment for landscape and then would not open the door #4 was to haul away trash. (We are a lawn Business). We asked for a refund. They only give refunds the first three days. They give NO guidance on how to set up your page, or set your zip codes or anything else. TOTAL WASTE OF MONEY. STICK WITH ANGIE'S LIST. AT LEAST THEIR PEOPLE PAY A MONTHLY FEE AND YOU KNOW THEY ARE QUALITY LEADS. "

"I called HomeAdvisor for a handyman and receive
NJ Lic #13VH02766200. This guy is the best. He follow up
on everything. He did a great job. I would recommend him for any jobs around your house or apartment.

Gloria J.

"Contractors beware!!! The leads which I received from this company have been horrible. I own an A/V contracting company that sells, installs and services residential systems and light commercial systems such as Conference Room A/V and background music for stores. We received a lead for a Public Address system for a church recently and explained to the Customer service rep that this is outside of the scope of our business. As of today, I have spoken to 3 representatives from Home Advisor (including a manager). They all claimed that they understood that the lead was entered incorrectly by the customer and that it doesn't fit our scope, but they all stated that they couldn't provide a refund because the customer wouldn't return their calls. Could it be that the customer is also disgusted by their processes? I have cancelled my account as this is not the first negative experience. Total Ripoff!!!"

This review was modified by at308 on February 11 2015 02:33:08 PM

"If you are a contractor think twice before you start trowing your money away trying to get into Home Advisor. They have different types of charges, depending of the "quality of the lead" they say, but in reality, you can contact 1 out of 5 leads, and visit to prepare estimates 1 out of 10 if you are lucky. I don't doubt of quality of the work of most contractors but definitively doubt of Home Advisor's procedures. "

This review was modified by Alf2000 on February 06 2015 01:03:29 PM

Share HomeAdvisor's store rating

HomeAdvisor is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

HomeAdvisor is not a merchant member
HomeAdvisor does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!