Stores > HomeAdvisor

Customer service: Rating 2.86/10 2.86/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10

2016-05-01

scam

"Home advisor is a scam site helping crooked contractors rip off gard working homeowners. Home advisor earns their profits from contractors who pay for leads. Home advisor does not allow negative reviews on their site. They will tell you that your review does not meet their guidelines. Also, they immediately contact the person or business you are reviewing. And if you post anything negative the business will threaten you and home advisor allows this."

This review was modified by Unhappy67 on May 01 2016 12:36:34 PM

2016-04-26

Contractor very unsatisfied

"I gave it a shot and it cost me good. I never got a viable decent lead. I tried to make it pan out and paid well to give it a shot but nothing worth a darn came over to me. The only thing I got was a charge for each crappy lead I got. I gave it a year off and on thinking it would finally pan out and I would get some business from it to recoup my monies. I canceled at the end of the year. I was a few days over and I was hit with a automatic renewal that cost me 292.47. I asked them to refund me that amount since I was not going to continue on with them . My expectations had not been met and they did nothing to make a difference in the lead outcome. They will not refund me . So unprofessional. I am a A plus rated business. I work for big leaders such as Trane and Lowes. I pride our company on good moral values. I do not take this type of business practice as a way I would like to associate our company values with. They took 292.47 from us even after they didn' t meet our expectations. I spoke to several folks to credit our company and all of them declined. So I am sharing out experience with all of you to view. Beware!!!!"

2016-03-28

100% SCAM

"They lie about the money they'll charge you. They didn't disclose the fact that they charge for every single lead they send you even if you never use it. I paid more than $2000 and now they want an extra $435 for unused leads. I'm a contractor and I only had the service for about a month and that's how much money they charge you and keep charging. Not to mention all the unnecessary emails they were flooding my inbox with. Beware of HomeAdvisor."

2016-03-01

The Ashlar Group

"The Ashlar Group LLC
Provides an unparalleled consumer satisfaction policy. MILITARY OWNED and OPERATED.
Services Provided:
Lawn- weed & fertilizing, aeration, overseeding
Pressure Washing- driveways, walkways, houses
Gutter Cleaning- cleaning entire gutter systems
Asphalt- seal coating

Theashlargroup@yahoo.com

This review was modified by Theashlargroup on March 01 2016 11:31:18 AM

2016-03-01

Bath and Kitchen Design - Awesome Company

"This company has the most reliable staff from Designers, Carpenters, and Project Manager. They took a 49yr old kitchen and did complete remodel and now I have a kitchen that is truly amazing , Always on time and did exactly what was planned each and every time. Thank You Stan Roberts and Team."

This review was modified by McDougle on March 01 2016 07:06:52 AM

2016-02-17

IT'S A SCAM don't use them

"I realized that Home Advisors lied to me like they did to many other contractors to let me accept their service under high pressured sign up, I was flooded with bogus leads most of them were out of my service area, the leads were so bad I couldn't get in touch with almost any of the customers or they said they didn’t request any service or they had already been called 3 or 4 times by other contractors, HA sells the same leads to many numbers of contractors who all pay for. In addition many leads were out of my service area.
I called HA customer service and tried to explain to them that I was not notified that the same lead would be sold to numerous other contractors, the services were sold to me under misleading, I told them that the sales representative promised I would get legitimate leads from HomeAdvisor and this was not true and I’m paying more for the leads than I was making from them myself, but he saw no reason why this would be credited back. The customer service representative was extremely unprofessional and careless, he just try to convince me it’s their way to do business and I have to pay anyway their fake leads, all what he can do for me is to correct my service area.

This review was modified by salah968 on February 17 2016 08:37:51 AM

2016-01-24

They are so Horrible !!!

"We scheduled for cleaning snow one day before and they did not come and they keep delaying for more than 5 hours and then they guy who answered the phone was so rude and hang up the phone .I do not recommed this company for any one . "

2016-01-15

SCAM.. no leads

"I was a contractor who joined Homeadvisor.com and they lied to me to get me to join up, just to charge me over $1500.. Every time I called to ask a question or complained about the no leads they would charge me the next day. I never saw the statements until after I had a charge. The last time I called and said I was very upset that I had received ZERO response to phone calls and leads (which was all my fault they said), I got hit with $744 of useless leads in one day. So I had a grand total of $1878. In 3 weeks of bad leads and never credited 1. 1 lead out of 45 is a horrible feeling.
The salesperson Lisa completely misled us about how the lead system work. After 30 days of being here I had 1 lead that was legit for a plow. I was told that every 30 days that I would get a statement before I was billed. I was told that I would be 1 of 3 people that would get a lead.. One number that I called who answered said that he put the job in 2 weeks ago and had already hired someone. So that means I signed up for a company that was a scam.
I have used Thumbtack for 2 years and have gotten wonderful leads off this website. I got an award for having 5 stars for my services. All times I called to talk to customer service (6 times) I was berated by these people and was told it was my fault. How it is my fault I called every number they gave within minutes and NEVER got a person. I NEVER got a phone call back. I am known for my good people skills.
I am distraught many small companies like mine can’t handle this kind of hit. I am now trying to figure out what to do. Home advisor are like thieves, they will give you a call and tell you ” am we got a customer for you and this is its info its number and address”, then they’ll tell you to do it tomorrow “. See, once they say it that they got a customer for you they will deduct money from your account, right then and their…

Heather

This review was modified by vivaprimus on January 15 2016 04:02:07 PM

2015-10-20

"DO NOT USE HOME ADVISOR. IT IS A SCAM.

They promised me actual referrals in my area for my business.

They gave me "teaser" leads - one a day but I later found out after signing up for their service that they were no real leads.

I didn't receive one lead in the week and a half that I had their service.

And they told me that these leads were just sitting there waiting for me and in my area.

All I had to do was provide my credit card number and the leads would start pouring in.

Today I will be paying a collection agency $134 dollars when a rep from Home Advisor agreed to let me out of their scam service for $50.

They never lived up to that agreement and continued to harass me for a month and a half after I agreed to pay the $50 that we agreed to over the phone.

I'll be paying the collection agency just to be done with their scam.

DO NOT SIGN UP FOR HOME ADVISOR if you have a business.

You'll end up paying a lot of money and not receive anything of value.

2015-09-18

"I was using Home Advisor to generate leads for my service company without great success. Recently they charged a membership fee with an advance payment for for $120.00. This payment is made for the next 90 days. Within hours I called to cancel my membership and my obtain a refund for the 90 day advance payment. They informed me that the payment was non-refundable even though it was only a few hours old. This is just a blatant money grab and is a shame that a company has to resort to this. With the lack of quality leads and the clear attempt at a money grab I have to give home advisor 1 start and would urge customers to stay clear and instead chose a more reputable company."

2015-07-23

"I contracted a p;umber company from the list they provided and everything went smooth and great. Overall, i'm happy with the service. Thank you!"

2015-07-15

"To recommend Master Flooring Services, Owner, Asad Asad.
I highly recommend this company. Mr. Asad arrived at my home at the appointed hour, (he had previously brought samples for my consideration, and found exactly what I wanted), and his crew of three arrived shortly thereafter. All workmen were polite, clean and appropriately dressed. They quickly organized their materials, and began work on the installation of Laminate flooring. Each worker knew his specific task, and their organizational skills prevented no delay. Mr. Asad remained on site for the entire installation which was completed the same day. I am pleased with the flooring, It is practical and attractive, and the detail work on the installation was carefully done. I have had several compliments on the flooring.

2015-07-08

"My husband and I were impressed by the excellence outstanding work professionalism courteous attitude and their overall hard working demeanor of Builtmore HOMES contractors. They were so serious about their job performance and in spite of the unpredictable inclement weather we had they still tried to work in the bad weather and the end result of their work was superior. On a scale of 1 to ten we would rate them a 15 , so if anyone is looking for a reliable trustworthy dependable and high performance workers give these guys a call you wont be sorry but impressed with their work and their delightful attitudes. Oh, and if you feel the need to give them water when the weather is hot please offer it , they will be much obliged.

This review was modified by scullionl on July 08 2015 12:41:16 PM

2015-07-07

"I would to let you know that I am very happy for the HomeAdvisor, because I now have a good handyman. He is the only one who answered his phone with a quick response, friendly, courteous and get's the job done. He also check back to make sure everything is OK.

Mr. Alfred Pitts

This review was modified by RRomney on July 07 2015 07:29:32 PM

2015-07-06

"When I recently needed some plumbing work done in my home, I wanted to get an estimate to compare to my regular plumber's (who I had located via Angie's List several years ago). I didn't have a current Angie's List subscription, and a Google search for plumber reviews turned up HomeAdvisor. I thought I'd give their free service a try, just to see how well it worked.

After choosing a plumbing category (no surprise there) and filling out the contact form (OK, I guess) and supplying all the details on the work to be done (why? I found out!) in order to get to the promised list of "recommended" plumbers and their reviews, what I got instead was this:

* No listing of the 3 recommended plumbers--instead I was told that they would contact me. I never had a chance to read their reviews (so I have no idea as to whether those reviews had any real value or not). Apparently the HomeAdvisor model is to take all your contact and job information, and solicit call-backs from the selected contractors (presumably with an estimate, but I wouldn't count on that).

* A list of other plumbers, only one of whom met the "recommended" criteria (but who wasn't one of the top 3). This was of no help at all.

* A steady stream of marketing emails from plumbers in my area (presumably the top 3, but since I never saw their names, I have to guess). I'm currently unsubscribing from all their email lists, but I should never have had to do that. Bleh.

Bottom line: You get what you pay for. I paid nothing and got nothing. Wait--I did get unwanted marketing emails that I had to spend time to stop, so I actually got the privilege of wasting my time, but got no value (with respect to being able to evaluate the plumbers) in return.

As it turned out, Angie's List's annual subscription price for their basic service had dropped dramatically since the last time I had looked--I was able to get it for about $6 (with an online coupon I found on RetailMeNot.com), which is less than the 1-month subscription cost back in the day. The reviews and ratings there are actually available and helpful in making decisions about contractors, unlike what HomeAdvisor actually delivers.

Share HomeAdvisor's store rating

HomeAdvisor is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

HomeAdvisor is not a merchant member
HomeAdvisor does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!