Stores > HomeAdvisor

Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.63/10 0.63/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.94/10 0.94/10
2017-01-20

Please do not be member of HOME ADVISOR

"They are sending many lead but leads are not real. They charging 17-25-37USD from each lead.
we got 11 leads and we paid more than 200usd but nothing we get.
and I paused leads but they charged another 59usd for helpdesk. What the help desk is we do not know. Later I searched about it, Something you should be sign in but we never sign in.
Anyway Home Advisor bad company.

This review was modified by abedirhan on January 20 2017 09:00:03 AM

2017-01-18

Smart mouth

"I received and call from them. 7 in fact. I kept hanging up. I don't appreciate belching in my ear, the caller talking to someone else, someone saying hello 6 times fast and not listening for a response and a smart mouth comment when I said I didn't need their service."

This review was modified by Chzoo on January 18 2017 11:30:03 AM

2017-01-11

Will **** your business dry with phoney, bad leads.

"Signed up for a "Corporate" program and sold a line of crap about how easy it is to get a credit. Yes, the first credit is easy then the system tells you "you have an abnormally high amount of credit requests and we'll look into it." to which they then conveniently deny all credit requests. I have to spend hours of my time calling in going over each one, demanding a Supervisor to finally get a credit. P.S. they won't refund my money and let us out of the program. It's almost more work than the money we pre-paid so considering just shutting it off and let them keep the $1000 we bought... for nothing. Lesson learned."

2016-12-21

If you enjoy a good scam, home advisor is for you!!

"I shoulda known that anything you have to pay for is a scam, but these guys sure are smooth talkers. Beware, and don't fall for their line of bull. They have sent us dozens of scam leads, have charged us hundreds of dollars, and we are now in the hole on this whole ordeal. I shouldn't be surprised to have ran into people like this in the crazy world we are in, yet somehow I am. I also can't understand why you would target small business owners. These are family owned and operated. We are doing our best to run an honest business, and provide the best service we can at affordable prices to keep it a successful business for our children to someday inherit and run. We take pride in what we do. Its not 'just a job' to us. People like this make it difficult to keep a small business running when they steal from us. Which is exactly what they have done. We tried canceling once, and they offered to refund us $200, which,by the way, we never recieved. And on the last credit card bill, they charged us $23 for an mhelp desk, which we never even signed up for, and upon calling about that, the guy we talked to "wasn't in the conversation", so he "couldn't help us". We're evidently stuck paying for that too. Well home advisor...I hope you enjoy the money you made off of us in the most dishonest way could. I pray you at least do something generous with the money. Maybe donate to charity or give to someone in need. Make something positive out of your poor choices. And please know, I will be warning every small business owner out there about you, and letting them know they'd be better off "making those donations" themselves. Best of luck to any other company you try to scam. May they smarter then we were. "

This review was modified by Greenprix98 on December 21 2016 11:45:50 AM

2016-12-08

Pruitt and associates

"I received a recommendation for a local well maintenance company from home advisor.
The company was Pruitt and associates.
The people who are involved with this company made me feel reassured I had made a great choice in choosing them for the service I needed. They were concerned and dedicated to helping me and my kids get the help we needed! I can not say how great of a company the have and how glad I stumbled onto home advisor and found Pruitt and associates!!!

2016-12-04

Practice Areas
Contact Us

Class Action Filed Against HomeAdvisor & IAC/Interactive
Class Action Filed Against HomeAdvisor & IAC/Interactive

Chimicles & Tikellis has filed a class action lawsuit against Defendants, IAC/Interactive, a media and Internet conglomerate, and its operating business, HomeAdvisor (formerly ServiceMagic), for deceptive, coercive and unfair business practices related to HomeAdvisor’s lead generation services and purported benefits of Membership Programs.

HomeAdvisor is a nationwide home services digital marketplace that claims to help connect homeowners with persons and businesses in the HomeAdvisor network who provide home improvement services (the “Home Service Professionals”). While the service is free to homeowners, Home Service Professionals are required to purchase an annual membership in order to join the HomeAdvisor network, plus pay an additional fee for each lead. Defendants market HomeAdvisor’s lead generation services as providing Home Service Professionals with qualified business opportunities; however, C&T has alleged on behalf of Plaintiff and a class of Home Service Professionals that Defendants acquire, generate and charge Home Service Professionals for leads that are not from targeted, serious, qualified and/or project-ready homeowners. As a result, Home Service Professionals paid an annual fee to join a HomeAdvisor Membership Program and paid hundreds and thousands of dollars for leads comprised of: wrong or disconnected phone numbers and contact information; persons who never even heard of HomeAdvisor; stale leads; contacts for homes that were listed for sale; and contacts for vacant or non-existent residences.

Defendants’ deceptive and fraudulent practices do not end with the sale of bogus leads. In addition to maintaining and employing systemically flawed and deficient processes to generate leads, the complaint alleges that Defendants have adopted fundamentally unfair business practices in dealing with Plaintiff and the class of Home Service Professionals including, but not limited to, the following: (1) using heavy-handed and coercive means to solicit new members for Membership Programs; (2) concealing and omitting material information about substantial monthly fees for mHelpDesk, a startup, cloud-based field service software; (3) blatantly disregarding Home Service Professionals’ lead parameters and budgets; (4) distributing the same lead to more than four Home Service Professionals; and (5) adopting uniform internal procedures intended to deny and discourage refunds and/or lead credits.

If you or someone you know purchased a Membership Program from HomeAdvisor and have experienced any of the problems described above or in the complaint linked below, please complete the form below or contact the attorneys for this case.
Complaint-As-Filed

Please fill out as many fields in the below form as possible and to the best of your knowledge. We thank you in advance for sharing your experience.
Thank you for your submission.

(*) Indicates required field: When communicating with us through this site or otherwise in connection with a matter for which we do not already represent you, your communication may not be treated as privileged or confidential, and does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and our Firm.

Attorneys for this case:

Haverford, Pennsylvania 19041
Toll Free: 866-399-2487
Voice: 610-642-8500
Fax: 610-649-3633

HERE IS THE LINK : https://chimicles.com/class-action-filed-homeadvisor-iacinteractive/

2016-11-23

If you want a good contractor or good leads dont use home advisor

"I am part of a franchise system and they recommend using home advisor. I guess because HA gives them a lot of money. They are experts at ripping people off. They say that they will not bill you for bad leads but when I have called leads and their system does not work, or the telephone number is disconnected, or the customer says that they did not place a request, those are not valid reasons for not getting credit for a lead. BS. The contractors that stay on HA are the shady ones that do things under the table and are not as legit as it seams."

2016-11-17

Scam

"This is the biggest scam ever!! Fake phone numbers, and dead end leads. They charge the contractor for leads that lead nowhere. Do yourself a favor and avoid this company at all cost. Ask a friend, pick up the phone book, call the chamber of commerce to find a contractor.do not use Home advisor!!"

2016-11-09

i own 3 biz and would never work with homeadvisor

"over priced and completely unprofessional...

A rep called, didn't introduce himself as a home advisor rep, just his first name. I had never spoke to this person previously and he left me a voicemail that, "he was 'cutting me loose' because he hadn't heard back from me." (word for word quote)

We're in 2 states and do high 6 figures... so, thanks, but I'll be cutting you loose.

Disgusting biz practices.

2016-10-11

Biling/Charges

"I open an account with Home Advisor twice, and both times was unsatisfied with their policies. They charge me several times for not existing customers in total $250. When I ask them to return me money back, they said that they will deposit them on their account for me. I asked them to deposit on my account because it is my money, but they did not do it. After many hours of conversation with many representatives I canceled service with them. Also, they send me many leads with not existing customers."

This review was modified by SergeDirda on October 11 2016 06:40:36 PM

2016-09-28

Home Advisor gets it's leads FROM CRAIGSLIST

"Seriously... this is not a joke. If you go into nearly any major US town on Craigslist and look for a flood of ads in all the home advisor categories - painting, plumbing, electrical, roofing, etc., and look for you will find a bunch using random 800 and 8xx numbers. All the ads are very non descript but pretend to be a local company and says things you would expect such as we are licensed, insured, bonded and various years of experience. Call any of those 800 numbers and you end up at the Home Advisor switchboard. Here is an example

Call us now 855-865-1510

Our company established in 1999 remodeling residential and commercial building remodel to kitchen, bathroom, room addition, interior and exterior painting, roofing roof replacement and repair, plumbing, electrical electric upgrades, plumbing repipe, all masonry, water extraction, flooding, termite and fire repair remediation, insurance company negotiation, remodeling to all remodel.

The tell tale sign is they always have almost the same words in the title of the ad, the licensing section and the location (town) fields. Copy any of those into Google and you see hundreds across the country all on Craigslist.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH HOME ADVISOR. Just put your own ad on Craigslist. That's all they do. Screen cap those ads because the company needs a class action filed on it because I guarantee anyone who paid them money to find out they troll craigslist for leads deserves their money back.

This review was modified by robinstl68 on September 28 2016 08:57:22 PM

2016-09-28

Great job !!!!

"Chris, Matt and their team were excellent. They arrived when they said they would, completed the job and cleaned up the entire area. We would highly recommend them."

This review was modified by Joerichford on September 28 2016 03:14:16 PM

2016-09-24

scam Scam Scam!!!!

"I was misled by Mario from home advisor. He did not inform me that I had to pay for every lead that comes in, even the leads that you did not win. They charge each company for the leads they win and don't win, they are making thousands of dollars every month off of hard working people. It's company's like these that make the world a shitty place, I don't know how these people can live with themselves. Pure evil and greed. "

This review was modified by Kerismi90 on October 02 2016 12:01:31 PM

2016-09-14

Homeadvisor is the devil!

"Omg homeadvisor is so shitty! They will trick you into thinking that you won't get charged for leads unless you answer to them do not believe them! They're actually corporate scammers corporate thugs! Companies like that is exactly what's wrong with America! **** homeadvisor!"

2016-09-08

The most dishonest people I've ever done business with. Robbed me of thousands of dollars.

"I signed on with HomeAdvisor, looking for a cheaper way to advertise for my company. I spoke with Fern from HomeAdvisor several times in the process of signing up. She guaranteed that I would only be charged for the leads that I accepted, and would NOT be charged for phone calls I did not answer. I asked her several times during the recorded conversations if this was true. She assured me again and again that I would not be charged for these unanswered calls. So I decided to give it a try. Immediately, I started getting overly inundated with phone calls. I was even scheduled onto jobs that I knew nothing about. Because of this, I decided to put the account on hold for a month. Once the month pause ended, I asked to only be given 3 leads per week. This did not happen and the phone calls continued to pour in. Over the course of the 3 months I was with them, I answered only two calls, assuming that I was not going to be charged for any of the other leads. After receiving my credit card bill at the end of three months with HomeAdvisor, I was astonished to find that they had charged me for every single call that came in, regardless of whether I answered them or not. This total came to $2,167.90. I called them to find out what was going on and they told me I should have known about this. I was shocked and angry. I asked for a copy of the taped conversations with Fern and was told that I would only be able to get it through a subpoena in court. Fern also told me that the customer was aware of a trip charge for estimates. The commercials for HomeAdvisor even state that it is totally free for customers to use. During the first estimate I went on, I asked the customer if this was true. She said she was completely unaware of any trip charge. This company is a sham. Don't ever use it. Any business owner or contractor looking to advertise for their company should go with Angie's List. It is reliable and MUCH more affordable."

This review was modified by Dawn970 on September 08 2016 02:17:19 PM

Share HomeAdvisor's store rating

HomeAdvisor is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

HomeAdvisor is not a merchant member
HomeAdvisor does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!