Stores > HomeAdvisor

Shipping & packaging: Rating 0.91/10 0.91/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.17/10 1.17/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.68/10 0.68/10

2016-09-14

Homeadvisor is the devil!

"Omg homeadvisor is so shitty! They will trick you into thinking that you won't get charged for leads unless you answer to them do not believe them! They're actually corporate scammers corporate thugs! Companies like that is exactly what's wrong with America! **** homeadvisor!"

2016-09-08

The most dishonest people I've ever done business with. Robbed me of thousands of dollars.

"I signed on with HomeAdvisor, looking for a cheaper way to advertise for my company. I spoke with Fern from HomeAdvisor several times in the process of signing up. She guaranteed that I would only be charged for the leads that I accepted, and would NOT be charged for phone calls I did not answer. I asked her several times during the recorded conversations if this was true. She assured me again and again that I would not be charged for these unanswered calls. So I decided to give it a try. Immediately, I started getting overly inundated with phone calls. I was even scheduled onto jobs that I knew nothing about. Because of this, I decided to put the account on hold for a month. Once the month pause ended, I asked to only be given 3 leads per week. This did not happen and the phone calls continued to pour in. Over the course of the 3 months I was with them, I answered only two calls, assuming that I was not going to be charged for any of the other leads. After receiving my credit card bill at the end of three months with HomeAdvisor, I was astonished to find that they had charged me for every single call that came in, regardless of whether I answered them or not. This total came to $2,167.90. I called them to find out what was going on and they told me I should have known about this. I was shocked and angry. I asked for a copy of the taped conversations with Fern and was told that I would only be able to get it through a subpoena in court. Fern also told me that the customer was aware of a trip charge for estimates. The commercials for HomeAdvisor even state that it is totally free for customers to use. During the first estimate I went on, I asked the customer if this was true. She said she was completely unaware of any trip charge. This company is a sham. Don't ever use it. Any business owner or contractor looking to advertise for their company should go with Angie's List. It is reliable and MUCH more affordable."

This review was modified by Dawn970 on September 08 2016 02:17:19 PM

2016-08-31

BOoHOo 4 this Company

"I would not recommend Home Advisors to people who want to hire quality people to do work or jobs in their homes.
I do not believe Home Advisors properly screens contractors or people they recommend to consumers who want to hire honest, quality semi-professionals or professionals to do work in their homes. It puts consumers at risk. I am speaking on a personal basis from people I have interviewed or hired from Home Advisors and they have not met my expectations on honest quality people. Then if you try to put an honest, review of your experience with someone you hired or interviewed and you do not give a 4 or 5 star review, Home Advisors will not post it. therefore others consumers can not read honest experiences from other people who have used Home Advisors so-called experts. Home advisor does not allow negative reviews on their site. They will tell you that your review does not meet their guidelines. Also, they contact the person or business you are reviewing. and if you post anything negative the business will threaten you and Home Advisor allows this.

This review was modified by annenvrgvsup on August 31 2016 09:45:18 PM

2016-08-29

worst Company ever

"as business owner I join home advisor to grow my business, from beginning I ask the sales person if the customers that you send us does not answer the phone what we should do, she said you can request for credit on that leads. after 3 weeks working with them we start to receive 3 leads a day that non of them answer us, we called the leads, message them and email them but still have not got any respond. 2 weeks later after getting many lead I got really disappointed I called home advisor customer service and ask them why I should pay money for leads that we could not reach the customers, he answer me this is how we are doing business. this is the home advisor company logic. Imagine they send each lead to 4 companies and they charge us $52 each but non of us able to call them, this is the way they generate money by scamming business owner. I am really sorry for my self to waste my money and time with this terrible company.
hopefully all the business owner see this before deciding to become member with them.

This review was modified by Ray123456 on August 30 2016 07:03:41 AM

2016-07-21

HomeAdvisor Bad Contractor Leads

"I am part owner of a roofing company. We were contacted by HomeAdvisor to be a Contractor in their system. They sold us on the fact, that they had hundreds of monthly leads in our service-coverage area that would convert at a 40% to 70% rate. Over the course of 3 weeks, we received 70 leads, and we paid an average of $20 per lead. Of those 70 leads, 60% of the so-called homeowners never returned our calls. Of those 70 leads we only gave out 10 estimates, with ZERO conversions. The remainder of the leads were in service areas that we didn't even cover nor for repairs that we even do - we asked for refunds for these leads from HomeAdvisor and they denied our request for refunds. This was the same type of lead system set up by Servicemagic which was before HomeAdvisor. We saw the writing on the wall immediately on stopped our participation in this system. If you are a Service Contractor - beware of this company, I have heard of many small contractors, who get sold on paying for these leads due to lack of business, and they are worse off. We are far better off advertising on Craigslist with free ad posting. HomeAdvisor was proven to be a worthless source of leads for what we do. "

This review was modified by becauseican on July 21 2016 02:49:31 PM

2016-06-23

Don't ever use this site

"I went to the site about a roof repair was contacted by who they gave my name to. I talked to the man told him I wanted a quote on the repair. He send his man up on my roof and has him start the repair not giving me a quote like I asked. I called the man on the phone instead of answering the phone with saying the name company he saids hello. I told the man I needed a receipt for the work he did he told me they would email it well never got it. So I went to the website and called a different number and come to find out that the person that did my work was using there name and website on his card. I blame home advisor for sending someone out like this. The man that I talked to when I called the rear company said the he gets a call from home advisor 2 times a month and also told me that the back ground check is fake. Well after all that has happened I think he was right saying that home advisor will take anyone that will pay their fee. Don't ever use home advisor and get someone like I did."

This review was modified by Redalert50 on June 23 2016 07:17:14 AM

2016-06-22

I like their design, my bedroom

"I dreamed of a beautiful my own bedroom since I was a child. Today my dreams comes true. Really good design and service. I told them my requirement, and they tried their best to meet my expectation."

2016-06-16

Stilling money from contractors

"I am canceled my account with Home Advisor since February 2016 after many bogus leads. They still charging me almost $300.- for some advertising fee. Call them twice no change get refund and they lying and lying. They did not send any cancellation email since February but they told me I can't cancel account on the phone but with email only. They are scammer. "

This review was modified by jiripecha on June 16 2016 04:09:25 AM

2016-06-13

Sounds too Good to pass up BUT DO!! Crooks

"Several recorded calls, text and e-mails were made to a Home Advisor representative throughout 2015 and 2016 after joining the program and each time apologies were made along with adjustments to my account taking off any charges. A couple of attempts were made to cancel as this has turned out to be an overall shady company. I took a loss for the first year to try Home Advisor as it sounded like a good idea. It is the definition of if it sounds too good to be true it probably isn't. They are not. I had many communications with them about leads coming in at 12:00 a.m or similarly odd times for most people. I resent getting charged for ridiculous leads. I spent many hours turning off the darn things it got to be ridiculous. I made my intentions known that I wanted to cancel each time someone contacted me to assure better future dealings and my value as a successful customer was important to them. I had a conversation with someone in March and he said my subscription was up in June, he could suspend my leads give me time to think and I would be notified BEFORE my renewal was due. I was not! While doing my bank statement I noticed the 300.00 renewal fees being charged to my account. I attempted to talk to someone. (Interesting this happened on a Friday afternoon and you have to wait till Monday), I finally talked to a person a bit ago got the run around and passed around. I asked frankly are you going to stop that payment. I was told No and that he was going to pass me to someone who would say the same thing. I informed him that I would be calling VISA and the bank, He then threatened me saying it I did it would go to a collection agency, but I should hold and talk to blah blah. I have made my intentions clear to cancel for almost a year. It didn't work for me let me out, why do they have to escalate it to this so people get angry and robbed from. Home Advisor is shady thief business.

2016-06-10

Consumers Beware

"I made the mistake of going on line to try and get some estimates for several home projects. Once "Home Advisor" has your phone number--WATCH OUT!! They call and call and call---EVEN AFTER YOU ASK THEM TO STOP. We have been getting calls for over 14 months!!

They give your number to dozens of companies who pester you 24/7. Most of these companies who call offer the type of services that have nothing to do with the type of project that you enter in you are interested in getting done. If you were looking for a plumber for example, you will be bothered by roofers, electricians, floor tile companies, landscapers, etc. etc.
Play it smart and get the phone number and call only the companies that you want to find out about DIRECTLY. Do not give your contact info online. You will regret it!

This company has no regard for the National Do-Not-Call list.

This review was modified by JayneRogers on June 10 2016 03:25:43 PM

2016-06-10

never in my life someone has treated me with a lot of disrespect

"I was trying to open an account and the representative confused me with someones else business and started talking to me in a very rude way. I didn't understand what he was trying to say to me and i asked him to explain and he just hanged up the phone. So i was wondering if this is like this, just to start an account i don't want to imagine how it is with the business with them. i give it only one star because i cant give 0 stars but i do not recommend this company at all!"

This review was modified by Jessica34 on June 10 2016 07:55:37 AM

2016-05-31

Scammmmming

"They are charging me for leads that were unverifiable. The phone calls were never answered or returned and had generic voicemail messages. I had to call a wait for like 3 hours and still can get no customer support personnel to talk to , so that I can confirmed that leads could not be verified And to issue a refund. Out of 21 lead I only have business with 2 so this company is a total scammmmmm
I would never ever recommend this company to no one

This review was modified by J.sammuel on May 31 2016 12:43:42 PM

2016-05-01

scam

"Home advisor is a scam site helping crooked contractors rip off gard working homeowners. Home advisor earns their profits from contractors who pay for leads. Home advisor does not allow negative reviews on their site. They will tell you that your review does not meet their guidelines. Also, they immediately contact the person or business you are reviewing. And if you post anything negative the business will threaten you and home advisor allows this."

This review was modified by Unhappy67 on May 01 2016 12:36:34 PM

2016-04-26

Contractor very unsatisfied

"I gave it a shot and it cost me good. I never got a viable decent lead. I tried to make it pan out and paid well to give it a shot but nothing worth a darn came over to me. The only thing I got was a charge for each crappy lead I got. I gave it a year off and on thinking it would finally pan out and I would get some business from it to recoup my monies. I canceled at the end of the year. I was a few days over and I was hit with a automatic renewal that cost me 292.47. I asked them to refund me that amount since I was not going to continue on with them . My expectations had not been met and they did nothing to make a difference in the lead outcome. They will not refund me . So unprofessional. I am a A plus rated business. I work for big leaders such as Trane and Lowes. I pride our company on good moral values. I do not take this type of business practice as a way I would like to associate our company values with. They took 292.47 from us even after they didn' t meet our expectations. I spoke to several folks to credit our company and all of them declined. So I am sharing out experience with all of you to view. Beware!!!!"

2016-03-28

100% SCAM

"They lie about the money they'll charge you. They didn't disclose the fact that they charge for every single lead they send you even if you never use it. I paid more than $2000 and now they want an extra $435 for unused leads. I'm a contractor and I only had the service for about a month and that's how much money they charge you and keep charging. Not to mention all the unnecessary emails they were flooding my inbox with. Beware of HomeAdvisor."

Share HomeAdvisor's store rating

HomeAdvisor is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

HomeAdvisor is not a merchant member
HomeAdvisor does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!