Stores > HomeAdvisor

Customer service: Rating 1.59/10 1.59/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.03/10 1.03/10
2017-02-23

Wish I could give Zero stars to this scamming company

"DO NOT SIGN UP WITH HOMEADVISOR! We signed up as a small cleaning business. Home advisor sent us a bunch of fake leads. We did some research on one of the leads that came in and found out that the person was deceased and they were from a completely different state. I couldn't believe it! They credited us for that lead but that didn't stop the bogus leads from coming in. Most of the time the call back number for leads were disconnected or we could never get in contact with anybody. DO NOT SIGN UP WITH HOMEADVISOR! They are a huge scam. When we finally canceled the service they were so rude and so unprofessional. They tried to make us pay for a balance we did not owe. One rep was supposed to give us credits for the bad leads but he didn't notate our account so we were stuck with the balance. It was a big mess. DO NOT SIGN UP FOR HOMEADVISOR. "

This review was modified by Bjohnson0313 on February 23 2017 09:00:02 AM

2017-02-15

Complete Lack Of Consideration & Respect

"I approached Home Advisor against my better judgement, That's on me. I thought they would be Different from other So called Services. Well after 40 Years in Business and 24 Hours later I now know how Dishonest this Company is.
Nothing the Marketing Rep. Stated was True, They attempted to take over our Business, So they would have the Control and Attempted to make appointments that were Cancelled by a Property Owner 6 hour earlier in the day, AND CHARGE US FOR IT.
They also attempted to Charge our American Express Card with Leads we Did Not Accept and On & On. They attempted to Add a New Phone Number so they could control Our Business. Our Phone was ringing at 11 pm. last night from their employees.
They Disrupted our Office at least 3 to 5 Times Every hour and if we did not answer they would hang up and call back within 10 seconds.
I could write a Book about this so called business and it would take you a Week to read it.
Our Last Words.
DO NOT EVER PUT YOUR BUSINESS IN THEIR HANDS.

This review was modified by eaglefence on February 15 2017 01:45:02 PM

2017-02-13

PLUMBING PROBLEMS $$$$

"Today the plumbing problem was the toilet:( I have used Vegas Plumbing several times over the past couple years and my experience is the same every time. They call you back promptly, they arrive when they say they will and even give you another courtesy call when they are in route, every time they have come prepared for the job with the correct part that they think might be the problem. I have never had to call them back to correct a job that they have done. They are knowledgable and obviously like what they do for work. I am a senior citizen and consequently have been 'ripped off' in the past. Check out Vegas Valley when you are getting bids, they outbid others, work efficiently and will be a pleasure to have in your home.
Happy customer Mary

This review was modified by MFilson on February 13 2017 11:00:01 AM

2017-02-13

Dont listen to all the Kvetching

"Hi I am a contractor who currently uses Home Adviser as one of my lead sources. I usually don't write reviews but when I saw all the negative reviews I felt duty bound to voice my opinion. I am with them for over two years and I felt that for one thing they where extremely transparent with all their charges and what I could expect from them as a lead generator. I Must admit that their fees are a bit pricey and I do get some bad or bogus leads which in most cases I got a refund for. But overall they delivered exactly what they said they would.
My word of advice is to tweak the categories that they have you down for and eliminate the more pricier ones and just keep the smaller categories. Once you are speaking with the customer you can upsell the bigger services that you offer.

This review was modified by jake-20700 on February 13 2017 10:45:01 AM

2017-02-07

Awesome

"I'm the owner of Majestic Innovation Contractors we have been with HomeAdvisor since 2003 when they were called service magic we have had great success with this company and they have improved tremendously but I will confess it you follow their advice and do outstanding service you will succeed thanks Earnest W"

This review was modified by Majesticceo1 on February 07 2017 10:00:02 AM

2017-01-27

Scam Leads

"This company its a scam they yes took your money no guaranties and the leads all of them are incorrect I never get a response thru email, phone or text, that "suppose leads"because home advisor make up the contacts yes to charge for each lead no matter what.
Do not sign up with this company. they are a fraud.

This review was modified by folchl7 on January 27 2017 09:00:03 AM

2017-01-24

Home Advisor is a Rip Off

"Many of Home Advisor's leads are bogus, but yet they still charge their clients considerable fees for the leads even when they know a lead is not legitimate. The leads add up quickly. Many of people use Home Advisor to obtain free information, but don't want to be contacted by a contractor. But the contractor still gets charged for the lead even though the customer does not want to be contacted. May leads come to with the wrong address of the property. Sometimes the property is located far away in a different state because Home Advisor asks the user their address rather than the address of where the work will be performed. For a home inspector such as myself, usually the address of the property to be inspected is different than the persons current address."

This review was modified by louied1234 on January 24 2017 03:30:02 AM

2017-01-22

This raises prices for all

"This costs the business owner either way is drives costs up for all by doing this pay for a lead stuff I wish homeowners knew this is that type of service when they go on to get a quote. Most reputable companies don't participate in this "

This review was modified by ntpfeifer17 on January 22 2017 07:30:02 AM

2017-01-20

Please do not be member of HOME ADVISOR

"They are sending many lead but leads are not real. They charging 17-25-37USD from each lead.
we got 11 leads and we paid more than 200usd but nothing we get.
and I paused leads but they charged another 59usd for helpdesk. What the help desk is we do not know. Later I searched about it, Something you should be sign in but we never sign in.
Anyway Home Advisor bad company.

This review was modified by abedirhan on January 20 2017 09:00:03 AM

2017-01-18

Smart mouth

"I received and call from them. 7 in fact. I kept hanging up. I don't appreciate belching in my ear, the caller talking to someone else, someone saying hello 6 times fast and not listening for a response and a smart mouth comment when I said I didn't need their service."

This review was modified by Chzoo on January 18 2017 11:30:03 AM

2017-01-11

Will **** your business dry with phoney, bad leads.

"Signed up for a "Corporate" program and sold a line of crap about how easy it is to get a credit. Yes, the first credit is easy then the system tells you "you have an abnormally high amount of credit requests and we'll look into it." to which they then conveniently deny all credit requests. I have to spend hours of my time calling in going over each one, demanding a Supervisor to finally get a credit. P.S. they won't refund my money and let us out of the program. It's almost more work than the money we pre-paid so considering just shutting it off and let them keep the $1000 we bought... for nothing. Lesson learned."

2016-12-21

If you enjoy a good scam, home advisor is for you!!

"I shoulda known that anything you have to pay for is a scam, but these guys sure are smooth talkers. Beware, and don't fall for their line of bull. They have sent us dozens of scam leads, have charged us hundreds of dollars, and we are now in the hole on this whole ordeal. I shouldn't be surprised to have ran into people like this in the crazy world we are in, yet somehow I am. I also can't understand why you would target small business owners. These are family owned and operated. We are doing our best to run an honest business, and provide the best service we can at affordable prices to keep it a successful business for our children to someday inherit and run. We take pride in what we do. Its not 'just a job' to us. People like this make it difficult to keep a small business running when they steal from us. Which is exactly what they have done. We tried canceling once, and they offered to refund us $200, which,by the way, we never recieved. And on the last credit card bill, they charged us $23 for an mhelp desk, which we never even signed up for, and upon calling about that, the guy we talked to "wasn't in the conversation", so he "couldn't help us". We're evidently stuck paying for that too. Well home advisor...I hope you enjoy the money you made off of us in the most dishonest way could. I pray you at least do something generous with the money. Maybe donate to charity or give to someone in need. Make something positive out of your poor choices. And please know, I will be warning every small business owner out there about you, and letting them know they'd be better off "making those donations" themselves. Best of luck to any other company you try to scam. May they smarter then we were. "

This review was modified by Greenprix98 on December 21 2016 11:45:50 AM

2016-12-08

Pruitt and associates

"I received a recommendation for a local well maintenance company from home advisor.
The company was Pruitt and associates.
The people who are involved with this company made me feel reassured I had made a great choice in choosing them for the service I needed. They were concerned and dedicated to helping me and my kids get the help we needed! I can not say how great of a company the have and how glad I stumbled onto home advisor and found Pruitt and associates!!!

2016-12-04

Practice Areas
Contact Us

Class Action Filed Against HomeAdvisor & IAC/Interactive
Class Action Filed Against HomeAdvisor & IAC/Interactive

Chimicles & Tikellis has filed a class action lawsuit against Defendants, IAC/Interactive, a media and Internet conglomerate, and its operating business, HomeAdvisor (formerly ServiceMagic), for deceptive, coercive and unfair business practices related to HomeAdvisor’s lead generation services and purported benefits of Membership Programs.

HomeAdvisor is a nationwide home services digital marketplace that claims to help connect homeowners with persons and businesses in the HomeAdvisor network who provide home improvement services (the “Home Service Professionals”). While the service is free to homeowners, Home Service Professionals are required to purchase an annual membership in order to join the HomeAdvisor network, plus pay an additional fee for each lead. Defendants market HomeAdvisor’s lead generation services as providing Home Service Professionals with qualified business opportunities; however, C&T has alleged on behalf of Plaintiff and a class of Home Service Professionals that Defendants acquire, generate and charge Home Service Professionals for leads that are not from targeted, serious, qualified and/or project-ready homeowners. As a result, Home Service Professionals paid an annual fee to join a HomeAdvisor Membership Program and paid hundreds and thousands of dollars for leads comprised of: wrong or disconnected phone numbers and contact information; persons who never even heard of HomeAdvisor; stale leads; contacts for homes that were listed for sale; and contacts for vacant or non-existent residences.

Defendants’ deceptive and fraudulent practices do not end with the sale of bogus leads. In addition to maintaining and employing systemically flawed and deficient processes to generate leads, the complaint alleges that Defendants have adopted fundamentally unfair business practices in dealing with Plaintiff and the class of Home Service Professionals including, but not limited to, the following: (1) using heavy-handed and coercive means to solicit new members for Membership Programs; (2) concealing and omitting material information about substantial monthly fees for mHelpDesk, a startup, cloud-based field service software; (3) blatantly disregarding Home Service Professionals’ lead parameters and budgets; (4) distributing the same lead to more than four Home Service Professionals; and (5) adopting uniform internal procedures intended to deny and discourage refunds and/or lead credits.

If you or someone you know purchased a Membership Program from HomeAdvisor and have experienced any of the problems described above or in the complaint linked below, please complete the form below or contact the attorneys for this case.
Complaint-As-Filed

Please fill out as many fields in the below form as possible and to the best of your knowledge. We thank you in advance for sharing your experience.
Thank you for your submission.

(*) Indicates required field: When communicating with us through this site or otherwise in connection with a matter for which we do not already represent you, your communication may not be treated as privileged or confidential, and does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and our Firm.

Attorneys for this case:

Haverford, Pennsylvania 19041
Toll Free: 866-399-2487
Voice: 610-642-8500
Fax: 610-649-3633

HERE IS THE LINK : https://chimicles.com/class-action-filed-homeadvisor-iacinteractive/

2016-11-23

If you want a good contractor or good leads dont use home advisor

"I am part of a franchise system and they recommend using home advisor. I guess because HA gives them a lot of money. They are experts at ripping people off. They say that they will not bill you for bad leads but when I have called leads and their system does not work, or the telephone number is disconnected, or the customer says that they did not place a request, those are not valid reasons for not getting credit for a lead. BS. The contractors that stay on HA are the shady ones that do things under the table and are not as legit as it seams."

Share HomeAdvisor's store rating

HomeAdvisor is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

HomeAdvisor is not a merchant member
HomeAdvisor does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!