Stores > Hockey Monkey
  • Hockey Monkey

Voice your opinion! Review Hockey Monkey by clicking a star below.
2017-09-15

Skip and go to NHL shop

"I should have looked at the reviews before purchasing off of the site. The prices are very similar to the NHL shop, but Hockey Monkey had a 25 percent markdown on all jerseys during Labor Day so I ordered a birthday present for my husband. Unfortunately, I had an issue and after the initial conversation, it was like pulling teeth trying to get any further correspondence from the rep. Even if the news wasn't in my favor, I would have appreciated feedback versus waiting idly regarding the original issue. Buy your jerseys on an official site, you'd get better quality, and service overall."

2017-08-31

Shame on you Hockey monkey

"Hockey Monkey is a joke! My son got a certificate for $20 for being named to a all-star team at a national Tournament and the the credit can't be used towards shipping ($7.99) and to top it off no other promotional discounts can be used! So his $20 award is really a $7 award. If you wanted to buy a $100 Stick and they were offering 25% off for Labor Day you are better off just burning the award certificate and taking the promo. Way to screw kids out of there awards, or should I say there parents out of there hard eared money.
Shame on you Hockey Monkey

2017-01-31

Never buy from hockey monkey!

"They send out defective products and won't allow you to return their gear. I will never buy again and urge everyone else to find a better and more reputable place to spend your hard earned money."

2016-11-17

You pay return shipping, even if it's their mistake

"The description for the shoulder pads said size LARGE is for a child 4'11" - 5'4". When the pads arrived, they said on them LARGE 4'7"-4'11". Obviously too small. The return policy says 'Return shipping cost (the cost to send an item back to our warehouse) is like or comparable to your cost of driving to any store for returning an item, which is not reimbursable. Therefore, we do not reimburse any return shipping cost.' "

2016-10-10

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!!

"I have never reviewed a company on-line. However, my recent experience with HockeyMonkey was so terrible, I am compelled to do so. I purchased compression pants for my son. When they did not fit, I tried to exchange them. First, I had to wait on-hold for 10 minutes in order to get an RA number. When I finally reached someone, the customer service representative whom I spoke with said I could not return the pants. He said the policy was clearly displayed. When I pointed out that the policy in fact was not clearly displayed, he merely dismissed me, saying that I could order another (non-returnable) pair of pants if I wanted. No thank you! I will never order from this company again - and wish I had looked at the customer reviews (all terrible) before ordering the first time. There are so many better hockey retailers out there!

2016-08-24

received damaged item. still jumping through hoops to echange or return it

"order a visor and it was scratched when i received it. contacted them immediately. I had to send a picture to prove that it was damaged, which I've never had to do with any other return. Then they made me wait 2 days so they can figure out what to do. now they want me to wait additional time. i said i want to return it and their response was "setting up the return this way may result in the shield being sent back due to damage". I've used Hockey Monkey so many times, you would think they would value their customers. "

2016-07-26

Like dealing with MONKEYS!!!

"Ordered CCM flagship ice pants only to have the stitching come apart after 2 games. After several weeks of emails and phone calls I received an email from jannie.broniste@MonkeySports.com asking for pictures and informing me of normal wear and tear, blah, blah blah. I sent the picks and a description of my use and never heard back. 3 weeks later, multiple phone calls and emails and nothing, total BS!!!
I've since contacted CCM and had an RMA within 24 hrs and should have my new replacement pants in 3 days.
I still have to cover the shipping cost one way, additional $45 but at least I got a quick response and new equipment.
Please use your local shops and go direct to them or the manufacture with issues.

Like their name implies, a bunch of MONKEYS!!!

2015-12-30

"Rare I'll take the time to write a review.

Have to get an "RMA" number for returns. Only vendor I did business with that requires such a thing. Took 15 minutes to wait on the phone, only to find out I will get store credit, no refund.

Way better places to do business with. Done with these folks.

2015-12-29

"Very poor return policy. Very unpleasant customer service agent. Would not allow me to escalate concern to a supervisor. Require original packaging to return anything, even if you want just to return part of an order or a gift recipient wants to do so, even just for store credit. Return Policy itself is vague.
Also, sizes on apparel are not true. Compression shirts are especially smaller than labelled. Would not exchange for a size that fits.
Finally, they send your information to everybody. After ordering from them I was bombarded by unsolicited emails from every company imaginable. Hockey Monkey also sends too many.
Would not recommend this company to anyone.

2015-12-26

"I will never be doing business with this company again. I thought that since we are fortunate enough to have a brick and mortar store in our area we could exchange an item for the correct size. Wrong. The staff in the store was rude, claimed it was an inventorying issue?!? Tried to go online to get some answers. Got none and no response from my email since they were not answering their phones. Any $$$ that I thought I was saving is now gone to having to pay for return shipping and having to pay the 10% restocking fee. "

2015-12-15

"The item was delivered quickly, but was printed incorrectly. I ordered an uncrested jersey, but they added their ridiculous logo to the front of the 'uncrested' jersey. This was offered on their website, but with no explanation, and more importantly. no picture of the ordered product prior to making the order. They refused to replace the jersey in error, they offered nothing. This is the worst customer service I have ever received when purchasing something from a web site. A website that needs to be updated, and brought into the 21st century. "

2015-07-11

"delivery was FAST - as always
Part of a $350 order - everything arrived fine

Monkey Customer Service was easy to reach, yet, gets low marks.
The product was the wrong size / the size chart was wrong... no "close" about it - this is a MATERIAL mistake and error in advertising the product.
Monkey Sports would not exchange, or return. More important, Monkey service did not call back as promised. And Monkey sports would not take the issue to Bauer Service for remediation. So, the customer is at a complete loss.
And that is fine. I am not trying to "fix" Monkey sports, or, make them better, I would advise others of this defect in service and poor customer experience - to consider all options when making purchase decisions. Clearly, HM is not interested in doing much more then collecting $s' and Marketing. Would love to know why they protect internal supply chain from customer feedback - I would fault Monkey management for not being engaged or empowered to improve the customer experience.

Product review:

Product is well made. Bauer always has quality; if anything, this product is over-built - if that is possible.

Yet, you can not buy this on-line from a retailer that does not accept returns.
In fact, the size chart is WRONG - given, this is a BAUER size chart, and HM would think they are exonerated based on publishing a supplier guideline on fit; yet, that is not good enough.

My kid is a very lean, just turned 8yrs old- at 49" tall, and a 23" waist. small for his age. I ordered a small [7-8yr old] / 23.5-24.5" waist for my son.
The next size up is 10-12 medium @ 24.5-25.5" waist and a "TEEN" cup!
OK, well, the small is so tight to his waist - its not workable. strings fully un-tied, you can't get a finger width between. Either its a manufacturing defect, misrepresentation, or, otherwise -

Bottom line, Monkey will not take it back in exchange [with full tags on], they are not willing to take it up with Bauer to evaluate the size guideline. So, buyer be ware - Misrepresentation exists in the guide of this product, it needs to be resolved, I am out $50. and Monkey did not step in to provide any assistance.

Suggest going to a local sore, or, buy from several on-line retailers that allow full returns for all items purchased, and are more willing to utilize supply chain to assist with positive customer experiences.

2015-05-05

"Terrible customer service today from hockeymonkey.com regarding an order I placed recently.
The banner on the page stated "free hockey monkey hat with a $100 purchase."
I placed my order totalling $150, and it arrived, but no "free" hat.
So I contacted them reference this only to be told I actually had to add it to my basket first, (the banner didn't state this), and if I still wanted my "free" hat then I would have to pay the shipping costs, making it therefore "not free" anymore.
Managers have told their staff, this is the procedure that has to be followed when customers have "forgotten" to add their choice of "free" hat to their basket.
So I'm guessing that I wasn't the only one to be caught out by this then?
Anyway, thinking I would be treated as a valued customer, I contacted them earlier, expecting them to easily sort this problem out for me, but they won't budge.
If I want my "free" hat, then I've gotta pay the shipping costs for it.
I'll never use this horrible company again, and from now on will be taking my "valued" custom elsewhere.
Will also be making everyone I play with in the hockey world aware of this terrible experience too.

2015-03-05

"I order a pair of GRAF hockey skates and they came in badly pre-sharpened. It was done in such a horrible way that it messed up the blades. I took it to a pro shop and the experts told me it was a butchered cross sharpening job. Even after a proper sharpening, the skates glides with hesitation due to the previous botched job.

Hockey Monkey was not willing to issue any kind of compensation.
The CSR basically said it's not their fault that I received butchered GRAF skates from Hockey Monkey.

I will not buy anything else from Hockey Monkey again and I will also advise all my hockey friends not to do any business with them.

2015-02-23

"Absolute worst customer service I have ever received. Passive aggressive CSRs. No customer satisfaction. Outrageous shipping charges. Returning items near impossible. Don't buy from here. "

Share Hockey Monkey's store rating

Hockey Monkey is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Hockey Monkey is not a merchant member
Hockey Monkey does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!