Hockey Monkey Reviews - hockeymonkey.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 4.00/10 58 reviews

Hockey Monkey is not a merchant member
Hockey Monkey does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"I ordered a few things online with HockeyMonkey because the prices in Australia meant that even though the shipping is expensive it is still cheaper than here. Also, they just don't have the sizes for my son who is only 5. Well... I got a few things wrong in my order so panicked and sent an email. I received a quick reply from Sommer letting me know she was trying to track down my order. In the mean time I found something else wrong in my order so decided I should ring. I talked with Andrea who was very helpful and was then on a mission to track down my order. Instead of leaving me on hold she got my number and all I could think was "she won't call me back". 35 minutes later Andrea called... Andrea had tracked it down and proceeded to patiently correct all my errors and get the order correct. Andrea said it won't ship until the next day as it was late in the afternoon. Well I checked the order the next day and found that it was in fact sent the previous day. The speed of the delivery was exceptional as well. With the order complete at Monday lunch time in Australia, the delivery happened on Thursday afternoon... That is just ridiculous. I have never had such an exceptional online shopping experience and I tend to buy nearly everything online. WELL DONE HOCKEYMONKEY.... Congratulations to you. My sincerest thanks. Brian"

modified review This review was modified by ozbarney on March 06 2014 01:00:59 AM

I ordered a helmet from hockeymonkey.com as a gift for someone who already plays and wears a specific size of the certain brand and the helmet wasn't the size as advertised.

so the nightmare begins...I don't like to complain and usually just take the bollocks I was dealt but their CUSTOMER SERVICE is vulgar and crude. (Namely: Tara V.) The representative lied about there not being a difference in express versus regular shipping cost other than they send it out right away with express

they tried to charge me the full retail price when returning for the helmet with no 25% discount as it was previously sold

will never shop with them again, as well as give them negative feedback on bbb.org

modified review This review was modified by hockeyDissolution on December 30 2013 01:36:27 PM

"By far the worst customer service I have ever had. Ordered a helmet for my 11yr old son which, per their website, was supposed to ship within 72 hours. We received it 30 days later! Worse yet, it did not fit my son - and after 35 minutes on the phone with them, they REFUSED to accept the return. They will never see another dollar from me or anyone I know. Support your local hockey shop - at least they value their customers and treat them respectfully."

modified review This review was modified by USAHockeyLvl4Coach on July 22 2013 09:02:27 PM

"I would encourage anyone looking for hockey equipment to give their business to Total Hockey. The customer service at Hockey Monkey is terrible. Nothing more to say than don't make the same mistake I did...they are an awful company to deal with and train their staff to be just as discourteous, unhelpful and appalling as the company is to deal with."

modified review This review was modified by 313131 on July 16 2013 11:14:46 AM

"I just had a great shopping experience with HockeyMonkey, where they went above and beyond the call of duty to help me out, and wanted to recognize that. We live in Japan where my son plays hockey, however I was in LA recently on business and needed to get some replacement sticks for my son, as he recently broke his last Bauer X:60 and they don't seem to sell those in Japan any more. I didn't have enough time to get it shipped to my hotel, so I called them up and asked if there was any way they could ship some sticks to the store in Irvine, so I could drop by and get them. Jeremiah from the Irvine store handled it personally, and when I showed up on the Friday, the sticks were there and on hold in the back. Also dealt with Simon in Irvine, who was great as well. Nothing but rave reviews for these guys and the experience I had with HockeyMonkey. Will definitely order from them again."

modified review This review was modified by BigInJapan on March 11 2013 01:19:46 AM

"Another bunch of Monkeys running a business.
1. write some policies and procedures
2. hire mindless morons to follow those procedures and recite the policies

No individual customer service or circumstances considered at all.

"Dont shop here for Hockey equiptment , go to inlinewarehouse.com instead. I ordered Mission ac-7 skates that were a size to big. When I asked to exchange it to a size smaller , they charge for both return shipping and $14.99 to reship the exchange. Plus I bought the original skates at a discount rate , but if I wanted to exchange them I would have to pay the current price. Cynthia ( if thats her real name ) at customer services is pretty rude as well. Basically a pair of skates I bought for $95.00 would cost me another $75 to exchange or $170 in total. My hockey league friends all go to inlinewarehouse.com ( offers free shipping exchanges and no Hidden fees) and warned me not to use hockey monkey because of their exchange nightmare. Should have listened........."

"Disgusting customer service, terrible policies. Worst online shopping experince I've EVER had. They were willing to do nothing for our bad experince. DO. NOT. SHOP. HERE. I wasted $100 dollars because they wouldn't let me exchange for a better size or give me any store credit, and the lady in repsonse to my concern about completely wasting my money, said "just sell it on ebay". Disgusting people. I hope this store closes down, I will never take my business there EVER again and my boyfriend is on two hockey teams. "

"I've made two orders at Hockey Monkey and both were complete disasters. It is COMPLETELY true that they sell defective items. AND they will try to profit off you from it.

I bought 8 millenium wheels - 4 were defective.
I bought waxed laces - they sent unwaxed.
I bought a bauer totalOne ice pants - they were defective and didn't allow flexing at the hip region (you can't skate with them on)

This is all fine if they had a fair return process. But even on defective items they will charge a base shipping fee if you had free shipping. So I used a code for free shipping, they send defective items, and then I return the item and pay shipping back to them AS WELL AS having to pay back their "free shipping" of $14.99. This is their "base" shipping cost so it doesn't matter how cheap your item was to ship. This is completely unfair and it's one of those things where you have to read the fine print or read reviews to find out, which I unfortunately did not.

Jon

"Don't want to deal with defective items that have not been used. Very poor customer support. "

"Best customer service. I've order for years and spent a lot, not one mistake I can remember. It's pretty incredible. I tell people pretty much every week why they should order their equipment from hockeymonkey.com"

"After placing an order to skates that I wanted. I kept going back to their website to see where my order was. Sent customer service an email and they wrote back the item was not available. Even though the website gladly charged my card.

I was sent an email with options for other skates. Only 1 out the 5 was realistic. 3 pair of the skates were clearance and were not returnable and not even my proper size. The last and also the most expensive was the only choice. So I paid the extra dollars for the skates and will accept them.

Seems like Hockey Monkey does not update their site enough or they are using the "Bait and Switch" method of business.
Advertise a product at a discount, then tell the customer it is not longer available and not give them realistic options other than the most expensive item.

Will not deal with them again. Will pay the extra money to hockey giant or total hockey the next time I purchase have never had an issue when ordering from them. 2 nd time I have had an issue with hockey monkey.

"Excellent transaction! Availability and pricing were outstanding. Items were shipped promptly and arrived on time. Email communications throughout the process kept me up to date on shipment order. I highly recommend this vendor!"

"I have tried other online retailers for hockey equipment and all others fail. Hockey Monkey has the best prices, customer service out of all others. "

"I've read some of the other reviews about Hockey Monkey, and I am sad to see customers have had a bad experience. I ordered twice from Hockey Monkey, both times without a hitch. In fact, the first order I made, my Internet browser froze just after I hit the "Place Order" button, and so I made the order again thinking it didn't take the first time. The next day I received an Email AND phone call from Hockey Monkey customer service asking if I meant to place two identical orders or if one was an error. I responded asking to cancel one of the orders, since they were the same. No problem, the service rep said. I was thrilled with that excellent service! They caught my mistake.

I don't have any experience with their return department, but my caveat would be this: as long as you know exactly what you want, order with confidence from them. Their prices can't be beat. I received my skates at half off on clearance, but I tried the skates on at my local store first, so I knew precisely what I wanted when I shopped online for better deals.