• Rating 6.83/10 82 reviews

Hobbylinc is not a merchant member
    Hobbylinc does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!
  • Hobbylinc contact information

• Address: 123 Merchants Park Dr
    • Contact: hobbylincsupport@hobbylinc.com
    • Phone: 706-654-0196
    • Customer Support: 706-654-0196
    • Business Hours: 8am - 5pm EST M-F
    • Fax: 706-654-2518

"HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE !!!

Customers should be aware that, even if the product is not as described, they will :
- Have to get permission to return the item,
- Lose the shipping cost to send the item,
- Pay for the return shipping,
- Be charged 20% a restocking fee.

This is not the way to treat customers, especially for a mistake that the company made. I ordered 3/32" rods. The rods ended up being over 10% smaller in actual size.

The customer service is rude and incompetent.

I filed a BBB complaint and made a block from my CC company.

"I want to review Hobbylinc.com,, I just want to say Hobbylinc has one of the most helpful web sight for ordering hobby items that I know of, when im looking for a specific item i just log it in to the sight and click the surch botton and it brings it right up, i really belive there isnt any thing i can't get, once i make a confermed order it is sent right out with in 2-3 days, and i have made 6 orders over the last few months and it has alway arrived at my house on time. if i ordered something and its on back order they send me a e-mail to let me know it is available and send the items right out after i let them know i still want the item."

modified review This review was modified by shanefromspokane on August 07 2013 06:44:10 PM

"Great products and service along with an excellent selection of products!!! I use Hobbylinc for models, HO slot car and train supplies and products, paint, and miscellaneous products for detailing. I'm retired and doing this with 2 of my Grandkids and having a blast!!!!

Excellent company to do business with!!!

modified review This review was modified by DaveS62 on May 15 2013 05:01:29 PM

"I ordered a Walthers Cornerstone Pizza Palace, a Reading RR Diesel Engine & Seven Freight Cars from Hobbylinc. The prices are great & so is the service. The freight cars were two Reading RR Box Cars, one plastic & the other one is metal, which is outstanding. I also received a Dupont Chemical tank car, two Pennsylvania RR Box Cars, & a Portland Cement Hopper Car. They were suppose to arrive after May 8th & they arrived on Saturday, May 3, 2013. The package & the HO Train Items were not damage. The prices of the items are very good, since I do comparison shopping. The service is excellent & the shipping was free, since I purchased a large amount of product. I would recommend Hobbylinc to anyone who is a fan of building models, train platforms & other items that Hobbylinc has to offer for sale to the public. Sincerely, 65 plus."

"DO NOT SHOP HERE! We are a business and procure items through P.O.'s, we inquired with Hobbylinc on how to go about setting up a corporate purchase order account. The datails were explained, we ordered, and faxed in a purchase order. We waited and heard I asked if we could supply credit references, we were told they do not accept P.O.'s anymore. Just last week they did."

"I tried to order a big batch of model kits from Hobbylinc because no distributors carry the Minicraft models in the country I am living in (Hong Kong). I ordered 3 times and and they were canceled each time without giving any reason. I emailed them without any reply. I had to email them a 2nd time and finally they responded after 4 business days. The reason they gave me was they were not comfortable shipping such a large amount and they didnt trust the USPS in delivery to Hong Kong. Perhaps the amount is huge and they didnt trust an international order - I tried again by telling them that I understand the amount is huge and to prevent fraud, I am willing to provide additional personal information to state that I am the cardholder and that I am the person buying the models. They replied stating they don't trust the USPS! I responded again asking them to ship using FedEX or UPS but no reply was provided. I give them business and they refuse. And the reason they gave was even more laughable. I thought running an internet business is to expand your business worldwide?"

"Quality control is terrible!! Have ordered two wood boat kits and both had parts missing. Had to wait 8 days to get replacement parts that were missing. Totally unprofessional as well as inconvenient. Have I mentioned frustrating? Will not buy another thing from this company!!"

Rating 4/102/5

"The good - Large selection, decent prices.

The bad - Out of date web site, poor customer service, no customer service phone number (email only with a response in 2 days), and slow shipping. (I placed an order on Monday and their shipping date wasn't until Friday - WTH!!)

Two days after placing an order received an email saying they noticed when pulling the items that one was back ordered. Was given several options one of which was to cancel the entire order.

Checked their web site and the back ordered item was still showing as 'in stock'. You'd think they would at least update that.

The good news from all this is I found a local brick and mortar retailer with prices just as good. They get my business in the future.

modified review This review was modified by dickt on December 19 2012 02:18:19 PM

"They had the products I wanted. Their customer service is by far some of the best in the business. When I got my order there was an item missing. I contacted them they sent it out the next day. They were more than happy to help me out without any problems. Will defiantly buy from them again."

"good business, i never had a problem with those guys."

"I have been a customer of Hobbylinc off and on for about ten years, and I have always been very satified with their service,and the selction of items, will continue to trade with them, as long at the keep carrying what I need, and that has been the rule with them.
Marvin Maxson

"They had an item I needed at a very good price even though many other places were out of stock due to a global shortage. It arrived within a week or ordering."

"i recently ordered six jars for my Badger 250 airbrush from HobbyLinc. They arrived when the company said they would. The jars were in perfect condition. The company cared enough to ask when and how the order arrived. I appreciated the exceptional info and follow-up.
The only negative was that postage cost almost as much as the items I ordered.

"I have used Hobbylinc several times. they have great varity of Model Trains, shipping is very fast, the people are helpful, oh yes!!great prices"

"I have been using Hobby Link for over two years and I have foound it to be the best one I have ever tried. I shopped around and compared other sites. As far a pricing and access to there massive selection of models It is the best. I would have no problem recommending this site to any who would like to get a good supplier."