• Hobby-Lobby

Shipping & packaging: Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10

"Today I contacted the Hobby Lobby online shopping customer service dept; what a pleasant experience compared to Cricut's. The defective item is being replaced and a credit is being given for the other items ordered without having to ship everything back to the company. A shoutout to Tiffany for being so helpful."

"LIARS!!!!! I placed an order for a Christmas tree and paid using paypal. I've spent the last four days trying to get through Hobby Lobby's 800 number only to be given the same lie about their new warehouse problems. I've been told my order shipped out 2 day air....but it hasn't, I've been left phone messages telling me it hasn't shipped get and is still being processed, and today Ashley (a poor excuse for a manager) told me she has done everything that can be done but it still hasn't shipped. Where does this leave me? "

This review was modified by linlancon on December 03 2014 08:17:58 AM

"To whom it may concern,

Tonight (October 30, 2014) at the Hobby Lobby location in Fayetteville, NC off of Skibo road, the door was closed and locked in my face as I tried to enter. At first I thought well maybe they are closed and I will just come back tomorrow, even though my clock on my phone said 7:54 pm. As I walked to my car another person walked to the same door and the door was unlocked and she was allowed to enter. I am very upset by the disrespect that the older gray haired gentleman with glasses showed by locking the door in my face. If the store hours are until 8:00 pm then the doors should be open not closing at 7:54 pm. I have shopped at hobby lobby for many years and have never had a bad thing to say about the store but the disrespect that I received from the gentleman tonight is unacceptable and has prompted me to take my business else where.

"I ordered a Traxxas Slash in the early morning hours of July 4th, that showed in stock. I got an e-mail confirming order. I kept checking on order and it showed in process. I sent an email inquiring the next Tuesday. No response. Finally, I called as website showed product out of stock. I was told their email was down but I should have received an email showing product was out of stock. Person was very nice on phone and promised to look into it for me. He did and a short while later called me back. They found product and would expedite shipping if possible. Another person on phone said he would possibly upgrade charger as it was out of the box (for some reason). I received item via FedEx on Friday, 8 days after I ordered it. Charger box was open but standard charger was in there. On Monday, I got a chance to look at kit and was horrified to see LiPo battery box had been resealed several times and battery's warning label removed. I called and was "2nd" in line. After a couple of minutes, it sent me to voicemail. 24 hours later I was told they would send me a new battery in exchange. Well, I had already notified Traxxas of HL selling open items and they offered to do that (didn't take them up on it as I didn't feel it was their responsibility). I'll wait and see what HL does. Read other reviews, their communication and shipping are pathetic. And Hobby Lobby Intl is NOT affiliated with the craft HL. Oh, and they changed my order number for some reason and did not send it until 7/11, not the next business day after I spoke with them."

This review was modified by MarkSinWa on July 17 2013 11:05:42 AM

"I ordered Pro Art Black India Ink online and received it in 3 days! It was in Perfect condition, I used a 40 percent off coupon and 17 cents shipping during a Saint Patrick's Day Promotion! I will definitely order from Hobby-Lobby again! "

"I live in Nashville and am extremely happy to realize that one of the best rc hobby shops in the nation is right down the street from my work.

The staff is great and the store is very cool. I had a problem with a battery and although I didn't want a return, the staff was very willing to help and repeatedly offered to refund and product. I've bought several products there and have been very happy with each experience. Its also a great place to just walk around and check out the displays.

"They are not good with shipping its been a month and no where abouts on my batt they are horrible on the other hand my 450 park motor works great and was hear in 2 weeks that was good but if you got the money and want your items in about 3 days standard shipping Hobby Zone is the best no hassle with them trust me hobby king sucks"

This review was modified by 1155013 on May 27 2012 01:55:49 PM

"I ordered an RC car for my son's birthday. Its been 1 week and still hasn't shipped! Horrible turnaroun time!"

"do not buy from these people ever "

"Placed a $100+ order a month ago and nothing showed up. Paid extra for air mail and this usually means a max of 2 weeks for delivery. After a month and 3 days a small box with no protective packing showed up, with a postmark from SWEDEN (I'm not kidding). I live in Canada, Hobby-Lobby is in TN (700 miles to the border), so why did my parcel take a month and travel half way around the earth??? Not happy."

This review was modified by OldSchoolX on January 29 2009 06:49:54 PM

"HL does not adhere to their own policies and ignores customer requests. I ordered a small, cheap item, it should have been shipped via the 4x4x4 shipping special. Instead they shipped in a large box and charged my $9 for shipping. No response at all to emails asking why I was overcharged. Stay away."

"I have ordered from them number of times in the last 2 months. First, after issues with other resellers, hobby-lobby actually adviced me on a good r/c heli to buy to learn on - this was pre-sales help, very valuable.
They haped me to place the order properly, as in order the correct additional items (extra battery and such).
The main order and numerous replacement parts I have ordered from them have been always on time, and I always got good support when calling or emailing for help (in how to install parts that I damaged while crashing).
Good experience, good support, prices, relatively good, but guess what.. Sometimes you pay for honesty and good product. That's worth it after some of my previous experiences.

Share Hobby-Lobby's store rating

Hobby-Lobby is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Hobby-Lobby is not a merchant member
Hobby-Lobby does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!