• Rating 1.30/10 128 reviews

Hobby King is not a merchant member
    Hobby King does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!
  • Hobby King contact information

Product & services pricing Rating 5.83/10 5.83/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.48/10 1.48/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.55/10 1.55/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10

"Ordered couple batteries. Both batteries were in stock. Checked my status. Said unpaid after 2 weeks. Payment was taken out the day I ordered. Contacted them and now they say one battery wasnt in stock. This is now mid Feb. Asking for a refund. They gave me the run around. First they said it will take up to 4 weeks. Okay. Thats fine. Week 5 comes, toss a email. They said my refund was refunded. Contacted my bank. My bank said they had no transaction of a refund. I emailed HK again. Now they said it will take 6 more weeks. WTF. So I went with SPC Batteries mid Feb after requesting a refund from HK. I placed 6 orders from SPC and have gotten all 6 orders. Little more to ship to Canada but well worth it. Fuck Hobby King. Useless cunts."

modified review This review was modified by Shisimona on April 21 2014 06:03:24 PM

"Horrible, never again. I emailed them 2 months after the order date when I had yet to receive the item. They said that the package was refused and was being sent back to them. It goes on from there. Basically I got the whole runaround,never getting a refund or my item."

modified review This review was modified by cyclist916 on April 06 2014 06:21:01 PM

"An order that I made with HK in September 2013 never arrived. They fobbed me off until the 45 day Paypal complaint time had expired, with promises of action. Eventually I tracked the order with Sing Post and they assured me that the order had been returned to HK. Hobbyking have now acknowledged this, but despite many promises from them and emails from myself, all they can say is that they are awaiting permission from "higherups" to refund the money. Six Months later I doubt that I will ever get the refund but please be aware that HK as stated above do not have any "Honour" in making right their mistakes. ONLY BUY FROM THEM IF YOU ARE WILLING TO TAKE A CHANCE"

modified review This review was modified by aliengrey on April 06 2014 02:19:54 AM

"I tried to purchase an FPV accessory from them, paid for and got their Order Confirmation email. So I thought everything was hunky dory and gave them a couple of weeks before checking back. Then after nearly 3 weeks passed, I shot them a couple of emails asking the status of my order. NO RESPONSE. After a week has passed, I shot them another support request, waited a few days then opened a Paypal dispute.

Throughout my order, my support email\requests and Paypal dispute, not a single email was sent to me as a reply. They didn't even bother responding to the Paypal dispute case. In the end Paypal refunded 100% of my money, but no one could return the time I've wasted on these scammers.

DO NOT DEAL WITH THESE PEOPLE AT ALL.

What good is the low advertised prices if you risk of losing your money by dealing with them?

modified review This review was modified by LeoS38 on March 24 2014 09:23:56 PM

"I ordered a transmitter battery for a DX8 and some other batteries and one other item. In January in late february I realized that it had not arrived and I contacted them. The opened a inquiry but closed it so I had to ask again. They finally offered a store credit for something that they lost. Here is the other part they did not offer the credit until like March 12 or so. The other part of the problem is I decided to see about trying them again and put items in my cart and they uned the credit even though I did not check out. I have been trying to get the credit back for an item that I can use. Each time I talk to customer service they assure me they will have the credit back in 24 hrs. I have yet to see it in my account.
If you use Hobby King be sure to realize if things go wrong they will talk a good game but HELP might or might not come.
Good prices if you get the items you order.
Poor customer service.
O I sold the DX8 so if the battery comes I cant use it.

"Read some reviews of HK and saw mixed results. All stated their customer service was terrible.

I ordered and paid with Paypal (recommended). Site returned an error and asked me to order again. But I was charged by PP. Email to them resulted in no response. I finally got through on chat and they basically stated they had no record of the order so they could refund PP. I opted for this... but I also filed a complaint with PP to protect myself. No way I'm going to rely on HK to correct their mistake!

From what I say about 80% of what they sell is out of stock. They _do_ have low prices though. I suspect this is why they stay in business.

"Customer Service Nightmare! I ordered multiple items, was contacted to tell me one was out of stock and given the option to cancel or back-order, I cancelled the item but they removed the wrong one from my order and refunded me the wrong amount. I received my order and it was missing both the "backordered" item and the one they mistakenly cancelled. They owe me over $65 and have not responded to help requests over the last 6 days."

"Do not order from Hobby King. My order was placed on 12/31/13. My account was charged on 1/2/14. I checked the status of my order on 2/28/14 and the status was unpaid. I tried to call the US customer service # and it went into a loop with no one answering. I got the live chat and my status was changed to shipped. I was told it will take up to 4 weeks me to get my order. I'm not confident that it will show up"

modified review This review was modified by vgarter on February 28 2014 05:15:49 PM

"I never order at Hobby King again!

Had to pay 50 dollars for shipping for a total price of 250 , It took 5.5 weeks to arrive and I had to pay 55 euros import costs!
It looks cheap on Hobby King, but next time I order it at a local store with prices almost twice as high as Hobby King, but I don't have any unexpected bills and not a shipping time of 5.5 weeks!

modified review This review was modified by hhoek on February 07 2014 07:07:27 AM

"I simply can no longer understand anyone ordering from Hobby King. Simply put they are crooks! BEC's incorrectly rated, Carbon Rods which are plastic, Motors which shafts break etc. And customer Service which is simply non-existent. I ordered 6 receivers, I have not yet received them so have ordered 10 more from another source.

People try other sites such as Value Hobby, much better equipment, only marginally more expensive and customer service which is excellent.?

modified review This review was modified by Bygollyman69 on February 03 2014 12:39:47 PM
kharstin's Avatar
Holyoke, MA
Rating 8/104/5

"Ordered some servo motors from Hobbyking. They were extremely inexpensive. Since they were shipped from Asia they took the usual month to deliver. They did not mention this in the emails but once I had the invoice it was clear. The motors look to be of good quality and work so far in my limited testing. These guys have really great deals and that is because they come directly from Asia. So it is worth the wait"

"I have used Hobby King for years. I have close to fifty orders with them. Being a cheap bastard I love their excellent prices. Being an avid flier, I love their products. Frankly I could not have afforded my RC addiction without them. When ordering from their international warehouse expect three weeks for delivery. With the US warehouse expect a week. When I did not receive a product I had ordered their customer service stayed with me until it came. With regard to the quality of their products, they have customer reviews of every one. If a product gets poor reviews, don't get it! Hobby King is simply the best hobby site out there! And I did not get paid for this review."

modified review This review was modified by Eagle919 on January 22 2014 07:34:15 AM

"Found this site after I ordered 3 LiPO batteries (3C 2200mah 11.1V) and got really nervous that I was going to get screwed... I made sure their site said that they were in stock from a USA warehouse and ordered USPS Priority and they arrived right on time... charged them up and flew my eflite 450 Cub on parkzone super cub floats in the snow. They all held a full charge and flew great considering only $12 each! I dont know how they do it when the EFlite batteries are north of $40 now... Both made in China... Anyway, great customer service on this one, just dont know if I am brave enough to tempt fate twice!"

modified review This review was modified by jeepguy1961 on January 03 2014 05:16:32 PM

"I'm just frustrated

I placed my first order six months ago and their highly motivated support managed it within only four months to credit me the amount of money I spent on the initial order. Of course not the shipping cost. Because this would be too inconvenient for them, I guess.
So to get at least something for my money I had to place another order. But, suprise, some items that were on stock as I placed the order weren't on stock a few days later. Funny part was: I had to contact their support to ask what is going on with my order and then they told me that not all goods are on stock. I think they don't feel obligated to inform me about this. Obviously the payment I made is not enough for this kind of service. Maybe you should also sell them your soul or promise your firstbory, maybe that will satisfy them enough to do such excessive customer service.
At last I changed that order again and this time everything was on stock. There must be another problem I'm not aware of since this was almost a month ago, and I still don't received my goods. Everything the support can tell me are some prepared non-statements that they'll copy 'n paste.

Short: Six months since my initial order and still waiting

Update 5.1.2014: Guess what, they informed me that some items are on backorder now...

modified review This review was modified by hbkfrustrate on January 05 2014 03:39:19 AM

"This site works like a honey trap;Low prices and everything in stock.But the goods are a very low quality and most of them are defective.Customer service accepted my compliant about damaged goods only after 7 month and refunded item cost only in bonus points with no shipping costs.Beware - There is no money refund. I used my bonus points as a part of my order placed on september 7 . They provided fake tracking info but actualy they send nothing.This is a scam site. Save Your money and buy from a normal and trusted sites."