Product & services pricing Rating 4.84/10 4.84/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.44/10 1.44/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.21/10 1.21/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.68/10 0.68/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.58/10 0.58/10

"My experience with Hobby King is very negative. I purchased many parts from Hobby King. One of them is a power module for the HK Autopilot 2.6. The module had the polarity inconsistent from the manufacturer. It burst in fire the first time we hooked it up. I filed for the warranty. Waiting for a week without any reply or action on the case, I contacted HK through the chat. It took another week for the case to be processed. On July 12th 2014, the replacement part was sent to me in the US from Malaysia. Until today, August 30th 2014, I still have not received it yet. I contacted HK on 08/29/2014. The representative told me to check with the local post office because their system indicated the parcel was in Jersey City, NJ. I checked with the post office on 08/30/2014 and they told me the US post office system has no record that the item is in the US. The item has not left Malaysia yet. I came back to the HK. Its representative told me to check with the local post office. I said that I did. Then he/she told me to wait for it until 09/04/2014. It's ridiculous to conduct a business in this fashion. Shipping from HK is always expensive, slow, and unreliable. If the prices of the products are lower than other vendors, then shipping cost, shipping speed, and hassles on the returns will compensate for the low cost. Overall it is not economically efficient to conduct any business with Hobby King. "

"Hobby King has got to have the worst costumer service in any industry. After ordering thousands of dollars of their cheap equipment, a $13 EZ OSD that came with an on screen ad appearing in the middle of your flight, showing www.aeorc.com in the middle of the screen while I was flying; almost making me crash, they wouldn't process a claim, answer to my queries or care less about it. I am done with HobbyKing forever and hope that every costumer does the same. Go to any other hobby website offering cheap chinese RC components."

"I ordered a Skymaster V2 Plug and Fly Trainer which cost me a little over a Hundred Dollars. The plane assembly was easy, accept the control horn, the screws were of horrible quality. The screw heads broke so easily you could pop it off with your fingernail, there were no extra screws in the box, and they were unique, i couldnt buy these control horns online. I was appalled to be told by customer support that they cant reimburse me because i misused the product which i haven't even used it yet? Is this what they do with everyone? I took pictures of the broken screws with air bubbles in the metal. I took pictures of the instructions. I followed each step, step by step. As a customer of any product i have ever bought in my life, i have never been more offended! I contacted my attorney and im going to press for legal action. I dont care that the plane cost only 100 bucks. Its the principle! My lawyer told me to look around to see if there is some sort of class action, or a group of hobbyking's customers that have similar issues with quality control. Ill be working with Girard Gibbs Class Action Attorneys."

modified review This review was modified by wakslob on August 27 2014 10:41:10 PM

"Order placed on March 2, 2014, Invoiced March 3, 2014. Posted over the counter with tracking via Malaysia Air, posDaftar, 15 Mar 2014 1224 Item sent to ISC NEW YORK NY (USPS) MPC PMIH (KLIA).. Now over 160 days and several Problem Requests which, after a period of time they close them out with Solved as Status.

MISSING ORDER - STILL MISSING FROM MARCH 10th, 2014
1295986 Open 1 hour ago
1259615 Missing Order 17 days ago Solved
1129307 Missing Orders 3 months ago Solved
1178618 Missing Order 4 months ago Solved

The last Request was opened on July 1st and all I get is it is under investigation. I just want a refund.

If it was not for this problem I would give Hobby King 5 (*****)
as I have had great service and fast shipping including a two returns for warranty.

Hobby King if you read this I just want a REFUND.

UPDATE I finally received my refund Aug 5, 2014

modified review This review was modified by bilson on August 20 2014 05:35:24 AM

"sito di furboni,tutto avviene nel loro interesse e il cliente si puo anche ammazzare!!ordini annullati e loro si ti ridanno i soldi sotto forma di bonus,ma poi devi aggiungere i soldi della spedizione perche con i bonus non la si puo pagare!!!cosi sei obbligato a comprare qualche oggetto extra!!non parliamo della merce fallata rotta e dell inesistente servizio clienti o della garanzia..........."

"Order placed 2 months ago - still not received. Tracking shows it is being shipped from Malaysia. Website is impossible to navigate to check on status or cancel order.

Total rip off artists is my opinion so far.

modified review This review was modified by PPICKETT on August 14 2014 10:58:21 AM

"Order date = 08 JUNE 2014
Today = 11 AUG 2014
Order still not received
All Hobby King can say is "There is no estimated time but I assure you that it will be delivered to you as soon as possible."

"I have made 9 orders from hobby king and every product has worked great. The shipping sometimes takes a while. But it's so cheap u can't beet it After all you can get 6 lipos here for the price of one at your local hobby store. I made 2 orders a couple days ago so I will tell u how long they take. They are both big orders costing me about 500$ I have already spent about 1000$ on this website and I love the products Me and my friend. Both got durango dex410 v4 buggys. And he spend 800+. To get his running with the local hobby store electronics and I spent 120. I could get tons of replacements and still spend less then him. U might get a defective item. But. U can get 5 of them for the price of a normal one. So it's worth it I am abut worried from every one else's story's. So from now on I will only make small orders. But so far I am happy "

modified review This review was modified by Brennan69rc on August 06 2014 09:24:35 PM

"Order placed 6/3. Contacted HK middle of July as item didn't show up. Was informed that I had to wait 39 business days before I can dispute not receiving the order. 8/5 contacted HK again as it still hasn't shown up. Was informed that I had to wait 8 weeks for HK to research the item. I'm out the $$, its past the 45 day dispute window offered by Paypal and still no items. "

"It is a pity that hobbyking can not check the goods before shipment. They sent me a Turnigy 9XR with non-working display.
Poor service, support says nothing.

"Made 2 purchases over $150. They claimed the items were shipped by "air" with some dead-end tracking numbers.
Nearly 2 months later I've still not received my orders and they refuse to issue refunds!
I filed complaints on BBB website...
Instead of rating 1 star, I'd wished I could rate them negative 5!!!
I learned my lessons the hard way and will never order from them again!

modified review This review was modified by tony933 on July 31 2014 12:43:17 PM

"Nine weeks and counting...
My order was shipped May 21st. I could not pull it up on any package tracking systems after many attempts.

I put in a support ticket on June 25th as I heard nothing about my package. They pointed me to the Malaysian POS site, and I was able to find the package there, saying it was shipped to the US on June 14th (two weeks prior to the support ticket). Customer support said that it would arrive by July 15th.

It is now July 17th and still nothing.

I have put in another customer support ticket to see if they can tell me what is going on. It was a $120 order that I'm missing, and wondering if I flushed that money down the toilet.

I hoping for the best, but at this point expecting the worst.

...very disappointed, especially given the amount I've spent with them.

"I'm happy with HK and have over 180 orders with them, some I had to cancel because of problems at my end but one or two orders had to be amended because items went out of stock after the order had been processed and paid for...?
Overall I'm satisfied with the products they sell but I feel that the biggest problem is with the people who supply, pack or process the orders as I have had a couple of items with parts missing and or broken.
But as they say "You gets what you pay for" as per the prices and the overall quality of the items, most are around 50% of what I would pay here in Australia and the ones that are not, are easily brought up to standard or fixed.

modified review This review was modified by Mosycott on July 16 2014 12:04:22 AM

"ok guys I m not part of HK. I have made more than 20 orders in the last 14th months. some products are Junk but most of them are very good value for money (have buy 2 cars and lots of spare parts for planes). I live in europe so international warehouse can be a boring wainting (more than 1 month to be delivered). I use to buy in EU warehouse when products are available. in fact as a newcomer in RC field I m very satisfied with their stuff. and support is sometimes very good and sometimes very bad (depending on the guy that will take care of you I guess)."

"I bought a bixler which turned up incomplete, after 2 months I was told I would receive a refund to paypal, another 2 weeks has gone by and no refund.

NEVER USE THEM

WORST COMPANY I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH

Hobby King is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Hobby King is not a merchant member
Hobby King does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!