• Hobby King

Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.84/10 2.84/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.93/10 2.93/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.92/10 1.92/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.03/10 1.03/10

"Looks like I ended up with another one of Hobby King's faulty Turnigy 9X pro transmitters I noted after returning it that the invoice had on the top of the invoice address "Replacement/Repair Centre" Hong Kong I am now waiting for a replacement. I wouldn't call myself a member of their Satisfied Customer Scheme"

"Poor service!
I recently purchased a Walkera Scout case from Hobby King costing 119$. It was the last in stock and I needed it soon. When it arrived, there were large dents on the corner and down one side and the paint was scratched on the top. However, the packaging showed no signs of damage, so the case was sent out in that state.
I immediately took photos and informed Hobby King through their warranty procedure. I heard nothing for two weeks and so contacted PayPal and within hours Hobby King offered me a 5$ refund! I advised Hobby King that as they had obviously sent out a damaged product for whatever reason, their offer in my view was unacceptable and offered very poor customer support.
PayPal have offered me a full refund, but only if I return the case, however, postage costs back to China amount to almost what I would receive in a refund, so I would be out of pocket and without a case, in whatever condition it is in! I can’t be without a case even though it is unsightly, as I need it to travel, so I am left ‘between a rock and a hard place’!
I have posted this as a warning to members that although it may cost a little more, it might be better to buy more expensive items locally and with the added benefit that it won’t take weeks to arrive!

"very poor service indeed....... the free shipping offer is a total LIE....................they made me purchase the product then "refunded" me in STORE CREDITS.....eventually they gave in and refunded the shipping cost into my paypal............NOW THE NEW issue with the same order is that the shipping company are charging me import duty BASED on the fact i have paid for shipping...thus overcharging me for the import duty.......and hobbyking think its not their issue AARRGGHHH never using these jokers again...i would steer well clear of using this company"

This review was modified by ihatehobbyking on May 27 2015 09:18:57 AM

"Ordered the Monster Truck Nitro Circus 1/16 showing in sotck in West Warehouse.
After many back and force with clueless customer service, they finally said sorry it is on back order on 5/13/15 while still showing in stock all the time on their site. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS UNPROFESIONALS

This review was modified by Seboz123 on May 13 2015 06:30:04 PM

"A terrible experience with Hobby King. I ordered a large plane that came in a "home made" box (cardboard pieces taped together with tons of packaging tape) that was too small! The product had to be crushed in order to fit it in the box...craziest thing I have ever seen. Customer Service stated they would refund my shipping costs, then refused once the product was returned. They wouldn't let me contact a supervisor. I will never purchase from this company again. "

This review was modified by plch4 on May 13 2015 06:03:23 AM

"Purchased a drone that came with a missing piece (prop nut).

Rather than replacing the product immediately, I'm awaiting a back-order prop nut for nearly two weeks now.

In my opinion, I would recommend you stay away and purchase through a reliable company.

Wish I had read all the poor reviews this company gets before parting with my hard earned cash!

"Skip these guys. The website may look slick, but they offer very poor service. For example, I had to cancel my last order after they took over ONE WEEK with the order in "packaging." (Of course, they had charged my card already). I contacted them about this, each time they gave me a different excuse. EVEN NOW I am still waiting to get my refund! LOL. Like I said, skip these guys! "

"never ever buy from this company ,,,£32 transmitter has cost me £55 plus ransom demand from scs for £14 which I have just paid by paypal ,only to be told my item is being held by customs ,,£ 69 and it looks like I will be charged import duty as well ,,disgusting customer service , BE WARNED !!!"

"Still no problem with hobbyking. Go on forums and you will read a lot of happy customers. Customers service is good. I buy from there and i will buy again. I recommand."

This review was modified by bbbigup on May 30 2015 05:19:23 PM

"Rubbish company and rubbish customer services, 24 days, no one care your warranty claim there, think deep before you purchase anything there!"

This review was modified by Thomas0312 on April 21 2015 06:42:20 PM

"AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE, IF YOUR ITEM EVEN ARRIVES WITHIN A REASONABLE TIME FRAME, IT WILL PROBABLY BE FAULTY, YOU CANNOT GET A FULL REFUND, THEY REFUND YOU 80% AT BEST BECUASE YOU HAVE OPENED THE ITEM, ABYSMAL CUSTOMER SERVICE "

"Unbelievably bad customer service! Never, ever buy a high value item, cos if it goes wrong you may as well forget any compensation or help. It would take pages for me to explain what I've just gone through over a faulty Quanum Nova..... Pay more elsewhere...please, please don't be tempted!"

This review was modified by grsgraphics on April 09 2015 05:27:46 AM

"I strongly recommend avoiding this company. They have stolen from me and I am preparing to file a formal complaint with the government. I returned two items to them and they never refunded my money. They would not even acknowledge that they received the items until I provided proof of delivery from the shipper, and then they said that they received incorrect items.

As others have said, once this company has your money, they couldn't care less about you. They are thieves.

This review was modified by zenjutsuka on April 06 2015 02:50:58 PM

"I once ordered two batteries for my quadcopter in the international warehouse because they were not in stock (for a long while) in the European warehouse, but I never received them. After a lot of mails to Hobby King, they wanted to refund me in points I could only spend on there website. Luckily, the batteries were in stock again in the European warehouse, so I spend my points there. Finally, I got my two parcells.

My advise: don't order at the international warehouse and if you can: avoid Hobby King completely.

"I placed 5 orders the last 6 months, as well in the EU-Warehouse, the UK-Warehouse, as the global Warehouse. My experience is extremely positive so far. All parcels coming from the Netherlands and UK arrived in good shape in Belgium, exactly as expected, and within a couple of days. The receiver coming from the Global Warehouse took a month. Quality is extremely good for the (high rated) products I ordered. And the price is the lowest you can find for similar products. Once I had a question about changing from backorder to re-ordering something in stock I used the chat functionality. Also that was a positive experience. Overall I am very satisfied and would strongly recommend HobbyKing to other people. Kind regards, Peter."

This review was modified by PeterDB on March 29 2015 01:01:25 PM

Share Hobby King's store rating

Hobby King is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Hobby King is not a merchant member
Hobby King does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!