Stores > Hobby King

Product & services pricing Rating 4.06/10 4.06/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.83/10 0.83/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.79/10 1.79/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.42/10 0.42/10

"We are a quadcopter group in Brighton, England and have been buying parts from various suppliers including HK. Recently a Turnigy transmitter we bought went wonky after approx 3 weeks. HK requested for vids/pics, we refused unless HK wants to pay for a fly away drone from a faulty tx. HK relented and requested we returned the transmitter to the UK warehouse we originally bought it from. We received an email to advise they will be sending us a new replacement. Weeks went by, nothing. I contacted HK via chat, was told on back order, cannot advise when restock. I asked for approximation, days, weeks, months, years, ever? No ETA! Asked for refund, HK offered store credits only. Told HK we'll be buying from elsewhere. HK insists store credits only. Anyway, we will accept store credits on this occasion and will complete a final purchase of essentials like batteries etc but will cease using HK again unless in desperation. Shame that HK does does not realise customer service is essential, not simply pricing. "

"Watch out this retailer. They ship out defective products and do not refund any purchasing or returning shipping cost. And they lie about their evaluation of the returned product too. Don't buy anything from them if you can get from somewhere else."

"I am / was a first time customer for Hobby King I purchased a Phantom RC sailboat ? a radio system that was supposed to be complete--Plug & Play. I talked to one of their product specialists and he helped my order the correct items. The boat came with no problems but when I tried to install the radio system it was missing the receiver battery pack, charger and; the on / off switch.( these I did ask about and was assured they were included) I again contacted Hobby King and spend well over 2 hours jumping thru hoops to send pictures of everything and explain the problems. when I placed this order I had their product specialist on line at the time and was assured everything was included, he even looked at different items and found these so I made the purchase. The customer service of this company is horrid --I have been flying RC aircraft for over 35 years and have never had this type of problems with any other company. you cant talk to anyone they dont have a phone it all has to be done online thru live chat. I made the purchase because they had a good price on the items -but had I known of their lack of customer service I would gladly have spent more money from a reputable company---Guys just a word of warning avoid Hobby King like the plague-you get a good price but you dont get what you were promised. So now here I sit without a working item. I am pissed."

"The worse customer service I ever got. They deserve 0 stars, 1 is to much. I will not recommend no one to deal with them, big mistake. They do nothing to help the customer, they don't care about the customers. Don't buy from them!"

This review was modified by MarkConnor on October 06 2015 07:48:42 AM

"Received package with missing parts. I have been told for almost half a year that it's a mistake and replacement was sent. Finally they refused to send something and requested to send the package back with no VAT and delivery compensation. I had to escalate to PayPal regarding the issue.

Advice: Never use HonKong located company hobbyking!

"HobbyKing was unresponsive to my requests to tell me when they plan to ship the INSTOCK items. Two weeks went by before I made this request. I got no where with them; so I initiated a PayPal claim. Funny thing is this was my 9th order in the last two years and never had a problem; But now that I did, I can see why others have been so vocal in their distrust of this company "

This review was modified by rbl4 on September 07 2015 11:39:16 AM

"Awful customer service .. They caused me additional cost by supplying from Hongkong when I wanted to order from UK. Refused to compensate me and now one of the batteries has a bad cell AFTER the 30 day warranty so I have to buy another from scratch!

This review was modified by Aldouk on September 05 2015 08:58:45 AM

"I purchased a Turnigy Accucel-8 150W 7A Balancer/Charger from Hobby King on 07/21/2015. Prior to the purchase, I inquired about the charger, it's capabilities and included components. I was directed to a hobbyking website that contained the operations manual for my item. After reviewing the manual, I purchased the item. It was shipped quickly and I received it sooner than I thought. As soon as I opened the box, I noticed that quite a few items were missing that included the connecting cords and temperature sensor. I tried to use their 24hr online customer service but received nothing but being told to wait. For what, I already had the item and it was missing the cords. I initiated a complaint with Pay Pal and HobbyKings attitude immediately changed. They "Ordered the missing parts". They asked me to remove the complaint with PayPal so their rating would not be affected. I was stupid and ended the PayPal complaint. I WAS STUPID, DO NOT EVER CLOSE THE COMPLAINT!! After 33 days and numerous attempts by me to get a resolution, they gave me some options such as wait an unlimited time for the parts to come in (I had already waited over 30 days,), pay to have the item shipped back across the US to theit Arkansas factory, purchase the missing items and send them a copy of the receipt or accept $10.00 in lu of the missing parts. The cheapest thing for me was to receive the 10.00. I assumed it would be credited to my PayPal account but no,I had to accept Hobbyking credits. To purchase the missing cables from them ( yes they have the cables for sale individually) would cost mt 19.77 PLUS shipping and tax. A loss of 9.77 plus. I will never do any business with them again and I advise you to do the same. If you do purchase anything from them and use PayPal, STICK TO YOUR GUNS, NEVER REMOVE THE PAYPAL COMPLAINT UNTIL YOU HAVE THE OBJECT IN YOUR HANDS."

"i believe all the good reviews are just lies, since i did several orders and it took at least a month for each one and they are charging high for shipment, also i got my plane with some problems, i tried their costumer service but it was catastrophic every time, since 6 months till now my plane is not fixed yet and never able to fly, avoid this site it doesn't worth it"

"I have waited two months on my order. I have written confirmation from them I wanted to wait for all items to be in stock before sending and they did sent my order with two items missing a few days later. Other items than were missing before. This means they just shipped part of my order to someone else instead of just keeping it for me until the rest arrived. The chat employee took way too long to answer, which tells me she had some other windows open with others as well.
Also, their stock info on the website is a lie!
Also, the price of the products drops when you stay on a product page for some time, this is misleading and bad for people who just order instantly.
I will never order here again.

This review was modified by MarrkDJ on August 27 2015 07:49:56 AM

"Hobby King sold me a plane that had a sound system on it, which states that it can generate heat. The ESC was small for the size of plane, and I didn't see any way that it could get airflow. Flew the plane for about 4 minutes beautifully, then the ESC overheated and down went the plane. Nothing but delays and the run-a-round from HK. Finally, they wanted me to return the plane at my expense before they would give me a new one. Send a defective plane back at MY expense? I don't think so. If I did, they would find some excuse not to give me a new plane and then I would be out another $50.00 or so. Never again. HK stinks."

This review was modified by AirMonty on August 08 2015 09:57:24 PM

"Returned 5 unopened items on the "No Fuss" RMA for points redemption. HobbyKing received the package one week ago and still their order status says "Waiting for return item". After this experience, my perceived credibility of HobbyKing as a preferred supplier has greatly diminished."

"Ordered a Bixler 2 from Hobby King. Delivered by FedEx OK. Assembled the model and when checking it out, discovered the motor to be defective. Customer Support is useless. Very difficult to communicate with them and they do not respond promptly, if at all. There warranty/return system is a joke. I am not equipped to video the problem and attach the file to the RMA warranty form. I will give them negative feedback to eBay, where I ordered the Bixler RC airplane, file a complaint with eBay and Pay Pal. I recommend not to buy from HK. . . if you do, you could get screwed. "

"Hobbyking opened an account without my permission, I have had an account with them for years with an alternate e-mail address. Their systems do not match on names, addresses or anything else. Bought a battery charger that was faulty, went through all their long winded RMA procedure and finally they agreed on a refund but instead of refunding to my Paypal account which was how payment was made the put it in store points in an account that I hadn't opened in the first place. Just spent the best part of an hour to try to get actual money in Paypal and then told that it will be reviewed for 24-48 hours and then paid to Paypal sometime in the next 7 days. In other words they effectively steal your money till you ask for them to repay it and then they make you wait again. Absolute rubbish."

This review was modified by riceturbo on July 31 2015 07:46:09 AM

"NO support. Product broke after a few flights. Transmitter stopped working even though it was never damaged and barley used. No replacement parts and zero help. Manual is worthless and filled with spelling and grammatical errors.

Share Hobby King's store rating

Hobby King is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Hobby King is not a merchant member
Hobby King does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!