• Hobby King

Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.57/10 2.57/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.65/10 2.65/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.00/10 1.00/10

"AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE, IF YOUR ITEM EVEN ARRIVES WITHIN A REASONABLE TIME FRAME, IT WILL PROBABLY BE FAULTY, YOU CANNOT GET A FULL REFUND, THEY REFUND YOU 80% AT BEST BECUASE YOU HAVE OPENED THE ITEM, ABYSMAL CUSTOMER SERVICE "

"Unbelievably bad customer service! Never, ever buy a high value item, cos if it goes wrong you may as well forget any compensation or help. It would take pages for me to explain what I've just gone through over a faulty Quanum Nova..... Pay more elsewhere...please, please don't be tempted!"

modified review This review was modified by grsgraphics on April 09 2015 05:27:46 AM

"I strongly recommend avoiding this company. They have stolen from me and I am preparing to file a formal complaint with the government. I returned two items to them and they never refunded my money. They would not even acknowledge that they received the items until I provided proof of delivery from the shipper, and then they said that they received incorrect items.

As others have said, once this company has your money, they couldn't care less about you. They are thieves.

modified review This review was modified by zenjutsuka on April 06 2015 02:50:58 PM

"I once ordered two batteries for my quadcopter in the international warehouse because they were not in stock (for a long while) in the European warehouse, but I never received them. After a lot of mails to Hobby King, they wanted to refund me in points I could only spend on there website. Luckily, the batteries were in stock again in the European warehouse, so I spend my points there. Finally, I got my two parcells.

My advise: don't order at the international warehouse and if you can: avoid Hobby King completely.

"I placed 5 orders the last 6 months, as well in the EU-Warehouse, the UK-Warehouse, as the global Warehouse. My experience is extremely positive so far. All parcels coming from the Netherlands and UK arrived in good shape in Belgium, exactly as expected, and within a couple of days. The receiver coming from the Global Warehouse took a month. Quality is extremely good for the (high rated) products I ordered. And the price is the lowest you can find for similar products. Once I had a question about changing from backorder to re-ordering something in stock I used the chat functionality. Also that was a positive experience. Overall I am very satisfied and would strongly recommend HobbyKing to other people. Kind regards, Peter."

modified review This review was modified by PeterDB on March 29 2015 01:01:25 PM

"I wish I had read the reviews for Hobby King before I ordered, sadly, I did not.
I ordered a kit and a transmitter from HK, when I received the kit, pieces were missing, I asked them to send the missing pieces and was basically told I was out of luck and if I didn't like it send the kit back.
The worst part was the X-mitter though, although they SAY they shipped it last week, it has been 6 days and still nothing...
I was told that it was my fault because I hadn't "checked in on them", even though they told me my X-mitter was in stock. Basically blaming ME for their lackluster business practices.
In the end, they told me there was nothing to do but wait for it to get here and "tough luck".
I think the main problem with Hobby King is that once they have your money, they couldn't care less about you as a customer and their idea of "Customer Service" is, "Shut up and quit complaining..."
I will NEVER order from Hobby King again, I would STRONGLY advise anyone contemplating a purchase to shop elsewhere unless you don't mind being ripped-off and treated like dirt.

"Like most every other review here, my dealings with Hobby King have been frustrating to say the least. Placed an order for a small item and was sent an 8 foot wing span model plane. When I contacted customer service, they wanted me to send pictures of what I received and they would start an investigation, and...if they found that they had made an error they would contact me. What???? After numerous live chats and phone calls they finally agreed to credit my credit card upon receipt of the merchandise. I shipped the box back, and the next communication...HK decided I didn't deserve a refund that I could only have a store credit. They shipped me the wrong item and I have to buy something else from them to use my credit? Oh, and did I tell you a paid extra to have it shipped from the USA with overnight shipping as I needed it for a company demonstration. I am now 6 weeks into my HK order and still haven't received a full refund. I am not sure how they are if things go right - that has never happened for me - but when HK makes an error, look out. Do not use these guys if you need the item(s) you ordered. There is every chance you will never see the item and never see a refund"

"I placed a order for $100 worth of motors. They were in-stock. after 3 weeks i got on the support chat. The first lady told me it would ship in 24 hours. Then 2 days later i get on and it has not shipped. Two days later exactly a month i tell them i want a refund. This is what i get told "However, this is not guarantee that we can still cancel your order since your order is in final step to process and the items in your order is already in box.". My order has been sitting around. booo HobbyKing"

"I ordered nearly all of my RC stuff from hobbyking during the last 4,5 years - I placed 29 orders until today and absolutely never ever had a problem - shipping was timely, always contained all ordered parts in satisfying quality and packing. Hobbykings integrated forum and rating system is absolutely leading with their huge number of skilled RC customers entering very helpful information there. I absolutely recommend hobbyking to everybody. Just one hint - alway check if your HK order contains backordered items, it will place your whole order on hold."

"Avoid......... Avoid. Shipping taxes bad customer service. Shop local close these rouges down. You won't save. You will stress and you will wait and wait. Never again. I have credit on their site. They can keep it. Even if you buy something small and cheap it will cost you $50 to get it there. Support bricks and mortar stores. Or just use eBay. At least you get your stuff for the cost you agreed upon. Avoid hobbyking. "

modified review This review was modified by adamkerrism on March 09 2015 10:20:09 AM

"When I read the comments so I could cry.
I ordered 10 times now and everything worked fine.
I have always a risk, because I do not know what happened with my package when it leaves Hobby King.
I work in the logistics and know the problems.
Hobby King is good and has good prices and I think it's rude to make Hobby King so bad.
If you do not want the risk of purchases elsewhere.

modified review This review was modified by alex367 on March 03 2015 12:43:48 PM

"hobby king mis-shipped an item i ordered. i then opened a case with hobby king only to have them close it a year later and never respond. i only received an email 9 months later stating i failed to respond within a timely manner of 45 days. HA! i then proceeded to review my case which had no other notes then the ones i initially wrote. it appears hobby king opened my case and never sent a reply and let it expire without informing me. Good luck trying to call customer service! also most the items they sell are junk, be weary of their cheap prices; you wont save much in the long run!"

modified review This review was modified by voteseanm on February 19 2015 08:40:18 AM

"As a long time HobbyKing customer with over 200 orders, only 3 or 4 have had problems, and of those all were rectified in time so I have no complaint on that. However, I find myself having to write this very negative report on the disgrace that are the HobbyKing Gift Certificates on behalf of others. Many recipients of them are finding that if they are not used at the full value, the balance is not carried forward! So buy something with a $50 certificate that costs $1 and HobbyKing STEAL the remaining $49!!!
Anyone reading this review should pass the inforamtion on to as many people as you can - DO NOT PURCHASE HOBBYKING GIFT CERTIFICATES!!!!
I will no longer purchase from HobbyKing on general principle, until they either abandon Gift Certificates, or allow unspent balance to remain on them!!!

"I've had several bad experiences with HobbyKing. Mainly, they claim that items are in stock in the US, and once you order, you find out, when it doesn't ship in a week, that the items are not in stock.
It's very frustrating since no on in customer service will tell you what's going on. They just give you standard answers.s

modified review This review was modified by gyurko on February 10 2015 07:49:16 PM

"Order a battery from the UK warehouse and came next day so very happy.
I registered first and then used PayPal for protection as was worried about all the negative reviews but took the "risk" as the price was so competitive and not regretted it! Received plenty of emails keeping me informed of the order status and tracking number so cannot fault yet. Thought I aught to update the reviews in case people are undecided to use HK or not.

modified review This review was modified by robfullerspirx on February 10 2015 02:59:48 PM

Share Hobby King's store rating

Hobby King is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Hobby King is not a merchant member
Hobby King does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!