Stores > Hobby King

• Hobby King

Product & services pricing Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10

Terrible way of handling business

" I hope no one has to talk to their Customer Support. I've had terrible experience with them. Upon checkout, I got an error message and I had to go through the 'Manual Order payments'. It went through. My credit card was charged. But my order status kept saying 'Unpaid'. On order status page, it informed me that Manual Payment status is updated within 48 hours. It never was updated over 2 weeks. Their live support personnel couldn't confirm my order payment and directed me to put in a new order and submit a claim ticket for the 'Unpaid' status order. I got no resposne for my Claim ticket. And when I finally gave up and put in a new order, Hobbyking changed my first order to 'Shipped' and also changed my claim ticket status to 'Solved'. All WITHOUT contacting me! And now I'm stuck with $2300 payment. I requested to cancel my duplicate order, this is what I was told.
"Okay. I already escalated this to my supervisor. What we can do is wait for your parcel to arrived on your address. Once you have received it, you can return it to us and we will issue the full refund of the duplicate order. But this is still for approval. Also, please be advised that if you return the order to us. Kindly contact us back and provide the tracking number. You will cover the return shipping cost of this, you can choose the cheapest with tracking number shipping courier."
So now I'm at the mercy of their customer service supervisor to MAYBE issue a full refund for my duplicate order and pay my own return fees. For a duplicate order which I never had to make in the first place if they just checked my payment status within 2 weeks!
Thanks a lot Hobbyking!

Dodgy practices

"They are safe to use, but employ dodgy practices.
They walk a thin line around the issue of currency conversions. I found them to regularly adjust the costs during checkout by only a few cents, but always in their favour. When confronted they avoid the issue. Postage costs are always unrealistic, which is easy to see when you choose AusPost as the delivery method.
Essentially they are nothing special and are really not worth the effort. Do yourself a favour and go elsewhere.

This review was modified by SpicedHam on July 25 2016 04:48:34 AM

Junk Selling Clowns

"I ordered an inrunner motor from hobbyking, which came DOA.
After half an hour on chat with a customer service - Analyn who couldn't explain how to separate the broken motor from the rest of my order she offered me to take a video of the broken motor. then she transferred me to another "specialist" - GPS Geetesh who interrogated me for another half an hour about "the way I tested the motor". as it was clear nothing was done wrong he offered me to take a video where I should take a video of switching between the DOA and good motors. After all this flout I was transferred to Analyn again who asked me "How I can help you?", as if nothing happened before. Then she informed me that I would be transferred to another "specialist who could help me to take a video!"
Do yourself a favor, pay a few dollars more and buy from a US seller. Don't allow these liars to take advantage of you.

This review was modified by Customer3333 on June 07 2016 10:56:18 PM

Awful customer service bad company

"RMA#221699 ORDER 20013709689

I ordered a flight controller jiyi p2 v2 it arrived defective had the item for 15 hours and sent it right back the same day they told me i had to pay shipping back, I paid 12 dollars TO SEND IT BACK HOBBYKING KNEW it was defective on arrival they made me take a video of this and send it to them.
Video showing defective https://youtu.be/9uvM5Cajj4k
They agreed bad board, yesterday they said that the company shipped out a new one
With tracking code RP420475770SG www.singpost.com I checked on this tracking number and not a thing comes up, I then contact live chat and tell them about this they said I would have to wait 14 to 39 days for this tracking number this is bad news I paid them fast shipping and I had to it the return fast shipping to them this is wrong how they treat their customers Awful customer service would not recommend hobbyking to nobody they are not worth it I will give this tracking number a week before I contact paypal for a refund . ps I believe they sent me a bogus tracking number RP420475770SG

This review was modified by coyoty on May 11 2016 08:19:09 PM

Australian site but charges in USD

"This crappy company that used to be good charges all goods in USD but doesn't say it anywhere unless you look in their FAQ area usually after they have taken your money. You go through the whole site thinking your buying all good in Australian dollars only to be charged at the end in USD. This sort of behavior from any company should be illegal and probably not paying any taxes in Australia too. I tried talking to them about this and they said it was written on their website in the back pages of it. NOT HAPPY!!!

Just lost me as a long term customer!!

This review was modified by Craig5319 on April 25 2016 08:56:56 PM

Dangerous Products - Awful Customer Service - Terrible Quality Control

"Firstly I used to get all of my RC plane gear from Hobbyking with no problems at all, however my recent experience has completely ruined everything. I purchased a EFX Racer plane, a plane capable of travelling at over 100mph, on the maiden flight after all of the ground checks the throttle stuck at flat out, the result was a plane that was dangerous to all on the ground (I have many witnesses), I had control of all other functions of the plane just not the throttle, but obviously had to get it to the ground before it either crashed into someone, of flew off out of control at 100+mph injuring someone away from the field. So the result was an RMA to Hobbyking, their answer was they can not accept a plane with crash damage, which is not only insulting to my honesty and that of the members of the flying club I was at, but also completely ignores the fact that there product was massively dangerous. Had this been a kit that had my component choices in it I would accept this, it is however their product filled with their hardware, only my Transmitter and Receiver which I have subsequently checked and are absolutely fine. Stay away from them, they are cheap for a reason, their quality control and customer service are now atrocious. "

This review was modified by TimKrapez on April 20 2016 11:31:53 AM

Worst Service

"HobbyKing has absolute worst support and customer service. Customer service is only by Chat, and they never have any worthwhile answers.
You also can foget parts support. Have waited more thn 5 weeks for parts and never did receive them.
Only way to get any resolution is via PayPal claim

This review was modified by seitz00 on April 12 2016 07:39:52 PM

Hobby King, simply the best!!!

"I would recommend Hobby King to everyone. I have purchased several items in different several occasions. Never, and I mean Never had a problem with this company. I will continue to use it as my primary Hobby items. "

US West Warehouse Self Collection...I think I've figured it out.

"Short story: ordered product on day 1, day 2 order status says "shipped", day 8 FedEx still says "Label created"; FedEx says they never received the package. After several "chats" where they assure me that the item has been shipped, they finally "request an investigation" which will take 2 months!!! They assure me that item is in stock at the US West warehouse. When I offered to reorder the item and have my brother come self collect the package (he lives in Portland, Oregon), they told me that it will take 2 weeks to process the package for self collection. Hmmm...that is about the same time it takes for a shipment to arrive from China. When I pushed them on their "processing procedures" (i.e., it took one day to process and "ship" my parcel, yet it will take 14 days to process my parcel for pickup???) the representative told me that they don't fully understand the differences in the processing procedures.

In summary, only order if you are okay with the possibility of a major delay. My first order from China (international warehouse) arrived in 5 days; I was shocked (granted, the shipping cost was extreme, but it arrived quickly). I ordered this recent product from the US for the lower cost shipping and with the hope that it would get here quicker. No. I am certain that HKs inventory status on their site is incorrect, and they are waiting for their shipment to arrive so they can send me the unit.

Super dishonest and horrific customer service. I just hope that my item is not damaged on arrival. I can't imagine trying to work with this company to get a refund or make an exchange.

Horrendous 'service'. Don't encourage this behaviour- shop elsewhere.

" Horrendous- Trade in UK using Hong Kong laws.
As a business owner I was buying £2000 of stock a month from 'Hobbyking'- and yet whenever They made a mistake (once an entire BATCH of bad batteries) they take any excuse not to remedy the issue. Quite simply they do not care about ANYBODY- wether it's a sole consumer or their best reseller- they DON'T CARE.

I will now go direct to factory for my supplies- I've absolutely had enough of these scumbags.

This review was modified by Otoki_tarashi on February 03 2016 12:15:57 AM

"On December 12 I ordered 2 Zippy 8000mah 6S LIPO packs from Hobby King. HK showed they had more than 10 in stock. I ordered in confidence that within a day or two that I would have batteries coming my way. A week later I get an e-mail notification that they were back ordered. I contacted HK via live chat and was told they didn't know when they would have more in stock. No one would tell me when or even IF they would get more batteries. I then waited another week and tried again and got the same answer...no ETA and no expectations of more coming in. I waited another week...same BS. Well now it's been a month and I have run out of patience, but tried one more time. Same story...no ETA and no confirmation that they have even ordered more batteries. I finally demanded a refund.

I will never buy from HK ever again. They have been around for how many years now and they are still pulling garbage like this!!!?

This review was modified by rgkenders on January 14 2016 02:56:42 PM

"This holiday hobbyking addressed a verification delay I had...they made sure my order came by xmas...This was "the gift" for my son. So it was real important...to me too.. I received my package 3 days sooner...they underpromised and overdelivered... Thanks hobbyking!"

"Bought a new glider jet EPO and it came with one aileron servo attached and one missing. It was to be a Christmas present so it was not opened within 7 days and thus tHK would not support any claim! The woman tech told me to buy the missing wire and horn! Since I could not fly the plane without it I agreed and asked if they had those specific parts as I did not find them while looking for them. She looked and advised me they don't carry those parts! So, I bought $150. Worth of items which included this plane that came from them missing parts and they quoted policy at me, didn't offer to help, didn't have the parts or offer to get them! It was just too bad and policy is policy she kept saying! No customer service of any kind and zero common sense. We wasted an hour on a five cent group of parts at their cost and blew me off! This was the second time I got that attitude and lack of after the sale support. 1 star rating is too high. They are a negative.. BEWARE! "

This review was modified by Jboop42 on December 24 2015 09:18:36 AM

"Have ordered twice from Hobby King. First time no problem, product as stated with reasonable shipping. Second order a disaster, ordered a 1/10 buggy, which had a defective ESC and servo.
Attempts to contact product specialist for help were unanswered, initiated many chats, always told product specialist unavailable. Did get email one time, nine days later.
I also was required to send pictures etc. Then was told to send buggy back at my expense and the would "evaluate". Do not consider this acceptable, with no resolution to issue, submitted PayPal dispute, resulting in no response other than repeat instructions to return at my expense. Have now escalated to PayPal claim status; Hobby King very slow to respond.
Their web site indicates 24hr customer service, this is a lie. The only thing available is a chat with someone whose only response is "a product specialist is not available at this time".
Wish I had read these comments before purchase.
My advice, go somewhere that will take a credit card and that has true customer service.

This review was modified by tvs999 on December 22 2015 08:00:20 PM

"First time buying from Hobby King, never again! Horrible support.

The description says
Video Resolution: 1920x1080P 60FPS
Micro SD Card: Max 64G
But the camera provided does not have this. Support was terrible. There are too many other places to purchase RC supplies

This review was modified by Scotty69 on December 18 2015 09:17:38 AM

Share Hobby King's store rating

Hobby King is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Hobby King is not a merchant member
Hobby King does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!