Stores > Hobby King
  • Hobby King

Product & services pricing Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.00/10 1.00/10
Voice your opinion! Review Hobby King by clicking a star below.
2017-02-20

Don't do It

"Paid for 2-4 day delivery and items arrived after 8 days, when challenged they said they could not refund and I would have to claim from the Post Office, then they advised me they used an alternative carrier and could not provide me with the name of the company or any tracking details.
As the items arrive too late I decided to return them, I got a signature 7 days ago to say they had been delivered, although their websire retrns status is still showing "Waiting for Items" I have been advised that the takes up to 2 weeks to be updated. The goods then have to go through appraisal at their warehouse then a store credit or refund will take approx 7 days. If you can afford to let someone have your money for up to six weeks then this is the company to use.
DO NOT TRY TO SAVE A FEW QUID BY USING THIS COMPANY, PAY THAT LITTLE BIT EXTRA AND US A REPUTABLE UK COMPANY. PERIOD!!!

This review was modified by joe_holmes on February 20 2017 05:15:01 AM

2017-02-18

stay away from this website

"i feel bad to give one star should be 0 star take me over 2 year to try to purchase couple things every time try to purchase 10 item when check out says out of stock why if i purchase one item coast $1 its ok but shipping is $16 witch is terrible customer chat online always there but no solution they cannot help you at all prices wrong shipping very expensive customer service terrible to deal with them"

This review was modified by kanari on February 18 2017 07:00:01 PM

2017-01-08

Worst Online Buying Experience I Have Ever Had.

"I made a small $40 order for some bits and pieces two months ago. I have made dozens of orders to HK over the years and I am no stranger to how their convoluted ordering system works. I was very diligent in checking that all of my items were "in stock" (OK) and all from the same warehouse (Hong Kong). After sitting on "processing" status for three days, I raised a query with their chat operator. I was informed that a couple of servos I had ordered were not available (despite my order summary showing that they were in stock). I received absolutely no notification that the backorder was delaying shipment. No email, no explanation in my account page. After rattling some cages, my order was shipped via Singapore post, sans the servos that clearly were in stock; until, without notice, they were not! The good news? After complaining about the situation, my order shipped on a Thursday and I had it in hand (via Post) the following Tuesday!

Stupid me. I duplicated the order and the exact same scenario has repeated. Order stuck on processing again. Had to raise a complaint with one of their useless chat operators. The exact same servo that was in stock according to their website was backordered yet again as well as some other silly little item. I suggested to the chat operator that rather than delay this order (without notice from HK) that we make a substitution: delete the "silly" item and substitute metal gear versions of the servos I had originally ordered. Simple, huh?

The deletion of the silly thing and the change to MG servos put the shipping weight to the next tier of postal service by 3 grams! I was told that the entire order would be shipped if I paid an additional $4.11USD! No amount of complaining that the entire scenario is the fault of Hobbyking's incompetent IT staff, it was quickly realised that HK cares more about money than it does about customer loyalty. The $4.11USD was reluctantly PayPal'ed and now the order has disappeared. My account order status has not been updated. The order number apparently is incorrect so a new one was issued. The new order number does not show anywhere in my account.
After further complaints I was finally emailed an updated tracking number 4 days ago. It is useless. Well another few weeks have gone by and no package has been received and HobbyKing obviously haven't a clue of what they are doing.
I initiated a PayPal dispute last week and now I have their attention!
Am I closer to a resolution? **** no!
They are regurgitating useless information that I have had for weeks and are repeatedly asking me to remove my PayPal dispute as "they have their own investigation process which can take an additional 2 - 4 WEEKS".

Needless to say, I refuse to remove the dispute until I get some satisfaction.

I used to be a fan of HobbyKing in times past and completed dozens of orders over the years.
However, I have learned the hard way that if (or when) there is a problem, HobbyKing could care less.

Think twice before ordering from HobbyKing. When there is a problem, their "Customer Service" is nonexistent.

2016-12-09

Bait and switch

"Hobbyking black Friday sale- I bought items on sale but they simply cancelled the order, raised the prices and kept my money as store credit-
Can't get a response from customer service
Finally got a response, trying to give me a partial refund- these guys are crooks!

This review was modified by Elexx on December 09 2016 09:15:47 AM

2016-12-05

They sell garbage and then stiff you with shipping to another continent!

"Turnigy Evolution Digital AFHDS Radio Control System W/TGY-IA6C Receiver (Black) (Mode 2) Arrived dead, will not turn on at all! Their answer to shipping back this garbage which came from Netherlands: "Our EU warehouse does not expect returns. Please be advised we do not cover shipping fees." So now I have to pay for shipping to another continent because they sent me a broken peace of garbage. Never again! UPDATE: Since I started a dispute with PayPal HobbyKing offered to send me a replacement at no charge to me, but "only if I close PayPal dispute" so I did (what a fool I was!). As soon as I did so, my replacement offer once again included shipping charges. I will never ever, ever, ever buy a thing from these people, I will much rather pay more than be fu..ed like this! Also, my comment about it arriving DOA bellow the item never surfaced on HK's website. Censored."

This review was modified by Videovi on December 08 2016 01:30:18 PM

2016-08-15

Terrible way of handling business

" I hope no one has to talk to their Customer Support. I've had terrible experience with them. Upon checkout, I got an error message and I had to go through the 'Manual Order payments'. It went through. My credit card was charged. But my order status kept saying 'Unpaid'. On order status page, it informed me that Manual Payment status is updated within 48 hours. It never was updated over 2 weeks. Their live support personnel couldn't confirm my order payment and directed me to put in a new order and submit a claim ticket for the 'Unpaid' status order. I got no resposne for my Claim ticket. And when I finally gave up and put in a new order, Hobbyking changed my first order to 'Shipped' and also changed my claim ticket status to 'Solved'. All WITHOUT contacting me! And now I'm stuck with $2300 payment. I requested to cancel my duplicate order, this is what I was told.
"Okay. I already escalated this to my supervisor. What we can do is wait for your parcel to arrived on your address. Once you have received it, you can return it to us and we will issue the full refund of the duplicate order. But this is still for approval. Also, please be advised that if you return the order to us. Kindly contact us back and provide the tracking number. You will cover the return shipping cost of this, you can choose the cheapest with tracking number shipping courier."
So now I'm at the mercy of their customer service supervisor to MAYBE issue a full refund for my duplicate order and pay my own return fees. For a duplicate order which I never had to make in the first place if they just checked my payment status within 2 weeks!
Thanks a lot Hobbyking!

2016-07-25

Dodgy practices

"They are safe to use, but employ dodgy practices.
They walk a thin line around the issue of currency conversions. I found them to regularly adjust the costs during checkout by only a few cents, but always in their favour. When confronted they avoid the issue. Postage costs are always unrealistic, which is easy to see when you choose AusPost as the delivery method.
Essentially they are nothing special and are really not worth the effort. Do yourself a favour and go elsewhere.

This review was modified by SpicedHam on July 25 2016 04:48:34 AM

2016-06-07

Junk Selling Clowns

"I ordered an inrunner motor from hobbyking, which came DOA.
After half an hour on chat with a customer service - Analyn who couldn't explain how to separate the broken motor from the rest of my order she offered me to take a video of the broken motor. then she transferred me to another "specialist" - GPS Geetesh who interrogated me for another half an hour about "the way I tested the motor". as it was clear nothing was done wrong he offered me to take a video where I should take a video of switching between the DOA and good motors. After all this flout I was transferred to Analyn again who asked me "How I can help you?", as if nothing happened before. Then she informed me that I would be transferred to another "specialist who could help me to take a video!"
Do yourself a favor, pay a few dollars more and buy from a US seller. Don't allow these liars to take advantage of you.

This review was modified by Customer3333 on June 07 2016 10:56:18 PM

2016-05-11

Awful customer service bad company

"RMA#221699 ORDER 20013709689

I ordered a flight controller jiyi p2 v2 it arrived defective had the item for 15 hours and sent it right back the same day they told me i had to pay shipping back, I paid 12 dollars TO SEND IT BACK HOBBYKING KNEW it was defective on arrival they made me take a video of this and send it to them.
Video showing defective https://youtu.be/9uvM5Cajj4k
They agreed bad board, yesterday they said that the company shipped out a new one
With tracking code RP420475770SG www.singpost.com I checked on this tracking number and not a thing comes up, I then contact live chat and tell them about this they said I would have to wait 14 to 39 days for this tracking number this is bad news I paid them fast shipping and I had to it the return fast shipping to them this is wrong how they treat their customers Awful customer service would not recommend hobbyking to nobody they are not worth it I will give this tracking number a week before I contact paypal for a refund . ps I believe they sent me a bogus tracking number RP420475770SG

This review was modified by coyoty on May 11 2016 08:19:09 PM

2016-04-25

Australian site but charges in USD

"This crappy company that used to be good charges all goods in USD but doesn't say it anywhere unless you look in their FAQ area usually after they have taken your money. You go through the whole site thinking your buying all good in Australian dollars only to be charged at the end in USD. This sort of behavior from any company should be illegal and probably not paying any taxes in Australia too. I tried talking to them about this and they said it was written on their website in the back pages of it. NOT HAPPY!!!

Just lost me as a long term customer!!

This review was modified by Craig5319 on April 25 2016 08:56:56 PM

2016-04-20

Dangerous Products - Awful Customer Service - Terrible Quality Control

"Firstly I used to get all of my RC plane gear from Hobbyking with no problems at all, however my recent experience has completely ruined everything. I purchased a EFX Racer plane, a plane capable of travelling at over 100mph, on the maiden flight after all of the ground checks the throttle stuck at flat out, the result was a plane that was dangerous to all on the ground (I have many witnesses), I had control of all other functions of the plane just not the throttle, but obviously had to get it to the ground before it either crashed into someone, of flew off out of control at 100+mph injuring someone away from the field. So the result was an RMA to Hobbyking, their answer was they can not accept a plane with crash damage, which is not only insulting to my honesty and that of the members of the flying club I was at, but also completely ignores the fact that there product was massively dangerous. Had this been a kit that had my component choices in it I would accept this, it is however their product filled with their hardware, only my Transmitter and Receiver which I have subsequently checked and are absolutely fine. Stay away from them, they are cheap for a reason, their quality control and customer service are now atrocious. "

This review was modified by TimKrapez on April 20 2016 11:31:53 AM

2016-04-12

Worst Service

"HobbyKing has absolute worst support and customer service. Customer service is only by Chat, and they never have any worthwhile answers.
You also can foget parts support. Have waited more thn 5 weeks for parts and never did receive them.
Only way to get any resolution is via PayPal claim

This review was modified by seitz00 on April 12 2016 07:39:52 PM

2016-04-09

Hobby King, simply the best!!!

"I would recommend Hobby King to everyone. I have purchased several items in different several occasions. Never, and I mean Never had a problem with this company. I will continue to use it as my primary Hobby items. "

2016-02-10

US West Warehouse Self Collection...I think I've figured it out.

"Short story: ordered product on day 1, day 2 order status says "shipped", day 8 FedEx still says "Label created"; FedEx says they never received the package. After several "chats" where they assure me that the item has been shipped, they finally "request an investigation" which will take 2 months!!! They assure me that item is in stock at the US West warehouse. When I offered to reorder the item and have my brother come self collect the package (he lives in Portland, Oregon), they told me that it will take 2 weeks to process the package for self collection. Hmmm...that is about the same time it takes for a shipment to arrive from China. When I pushed them on their "processing procedures" (i.e., it took one day to process and "ship" my parcel, yet it will take 14 days to process my parcel for pickup???) the representative told me that they don't fully understand the differences in the processing procedures.

In summary, only order if you are okay with the possibility of a major delay. My first order from China (international warehouse) arrived in 5 days; I was shocked (granted, the shipping cost was extreme, but it arrived quickly). I ordered this recent product from the US for the lower cost shipping and with the hope that it would get here quicker. No. I am certain that HKs inventory status on their site is incorrect, and they are waiting for their shipment to arrive so they can send me the unit.

Super dishonest and horrific customer service. I just hope that my item is not damaged on arrival. I can't imagine trying to work with this company to get a refund or make an exchange.

2016-02-03

Horrendous 'service'. Don't encourage this behaviour- shop elsewhere.

" Horrendous- Trade in UK using Hong Kong laws.
As a business owner I was buying £2000 of stock a month from 'Hobbyking'- and yet whenever They made a mistake (once an entire BATCH of bad batteries) they take any excuse not to remedy the issue. Quite simply they do not care about ANYBODY- wether it's a sole consumer or their best reseller- they DON'T CARE.

I will now go direct to factory for my supplies- I've absolutely had enough of these scumbags.

This review was modified by Otoki_tarashi on February 03 2016 12:15:57 AM

Share Hobby King's store rating

Hobby King is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Hobby King is not a merchant member
Hobby King does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!