Product & services pricing Rating 4.74/10 4.74/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.29/10 1.29/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 0.81/10 0.81/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.73/10 0.73/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.63/10 0.63/10

"Order placed on March 2, 2014, Invoiced March 3, 2014. Posted over the counter with tracking via Malaysia Air, posDaftar, 15 Mar 2014 1224 Item sent to ISC NEW YORK NY (USPS) MPC PMIH (KLIA).. Now over 160 days and several Problem Requests which, after a period of time they close them out with Solved as Status.

MISSING ORDER - STILL MISSING FROM MARCH 10th, 2014
1295986 Open 1 hour ago
1259615 Missing Order 17 days ago Solved
1129307 Missing Orders 3 months ago Solved
1178618 Missing Order 4 months ago Solved

The last Request was opened on July 1st and all I get is it is under investigation. I just want a refund.

If it was not for this problem I would give Hobby King 5 (*****)
as I have had great service and fast shipping including a two returns for warranty.

Hobby King if you read this I just want a REFUND.

UPDATE I finally received my refund Aug 5, 2014

modified review This review was modified by bilson on August 20 2014 05:35:24 AM

"sito di furboni,tutto avviene nel loro interesse e il cliente si puo anche ammazzare!!ordini annullati e loro si ti ridanno i soldi sotto forma di bonus,ma poi devi aggiungere i soldi della spedizione perche con i bonus non la si puo pagare!!!cosi sei obbligato a comprare qualche oggetto extra!!non parliamo della merce fallata rotta e dell inesistente servizio clienti o della garanzia..........."

"Order placed 2 months ago - still not received. Tracking shows it is being shipped from Malaysia. Website is impossible to navigate to check on status or cancel order.

Total rip off artists is my opinion so far.

modified review This review was modified by PPICKETT on August 14 2014 10:58:21 AM

"Order date = 08 JUNE 2014
Today = 11 AUG 2014
Order still not received
All Hobby King can say is "There is no estimated time but I assure you that it will be delivered to you as soon as possible."

"I have made 9 orders from hobby king and every product has worked great. The shipping sometimes takes a while. But it's so cheap u can't beet it After all you can get 6 lipos here for the price of one at your local hobby store. I made 2 orders a couple days ago so I will tell u how long they take. They are both big orders costing me about 500$ I have already spent about 1000$ on this website and I love the products Me and my friend. Both got durango dex410 v4 buggys. And he spend 800+. To get his running with the local hobby store electronics and I spent 120. I could get tons of replacements and still spend less then him. U might get a defective item. But. U can get 5 of them for the price of a normal one. So it's worth it I am abut worried from every one else's story's. So from now on I will only make small orders. But so far I am happy "

modified review This review was modified by Brennan69rc on August 06 2014 09:24:35 PM

"Order placed 6/3. Contacted HK middle of July as item didn't show up. Was informed that I had to wait 39 business days before I can dispute not receiving the order. 8/5 contacted HK again as it still hasn't shown up. Was informed that I had to wait 8 weeks for HK to research the item. I'm out the $$, its past the 45 day dispute window offered by Paypal and still no items. "

"It is a pity that hobbyking can not check the goods before shipment. They sent me a Turnigy 9XR with non-working display.
Poor service, support says nothing.

"Made 2 purchases over $150. They claimed the items were shipped by "air" with some dead-end tracking numbers.
Nearly 2 months later I've still not received my orders and they refuse to issue refunds!
I filed complaints on BBB website...
Instead of rating 1 star, I'd wished I could rate them negative 5!!!
I learned my lessons the hard way and will never order from them again!

modified review This review was modified by tony933 on July 31 2014 12:43:17 PM

"Nine weeks and counting...
My order was shipped May 21st. I could not pull it up on any package tracking systems after many attempts.

I put in a support ticket on June 25th as I heard nothing about my package. They pointed me to the Malaysian POS site, and I was able to find the package there, saying it was shipped to the US on June 14th (two weeks prior to the support ticket). Customer support said that it would arrive by July 15th.

It is now July 17th and still nothing.

I have put in another customer support ticket to see if they can tell me what is going on. It was a $120 order that I'm missing, and wondering if I flushed that money down the toilet.

I hoping for the best, but at this point expecting the worst.

...very disappointed, especially given the amount I've spent with them.

"I'm happy with HK and have over 180 orders with them, some I had to cancel because of problems at my end but one or two orders had to be amended because items went out of stock after the order had been processed and paid for...?
Overall I'm satisfied with the products they sell but I feel that the biggest problem is with the people who supply, pack or process the orders as I have had a couple of items with parts missing and or broken.
But as they say "You gets what you pay for" as per the prices and the overall quality of the items, most are around 50% of what I would pay here in Australia and the ones that are not, are easily brought up to standard or fixed.

modified review This review was modified by Mosycott on July 16 2014 12:04:22 AM

"ok guys I m not part of HK. I have made more than 20 orders in the last 14th months. some products are Junk but most of them are very good value for money (have buy 2 cars and lots of spare parts for planes). I live in europe so international warehouse can be a boring wainting (more than 1 month to be delivered). I use to buy in EU warehouse when products are available. in fact as a newcomer in RC field I m very satisfied with their stuff. and support is sometimes very good and sometimes very bad (depending on the guy that will take care of you I guess)."

"I bought a bixler which turned up incomplete, after 2 months I was told I would receive a refund to paypal, another 2 weeks has gone by and no refund.

NEVER USE THEM

WORST COMPANY I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH

"I wish I'd read the reviews here first but, since the item I ordered was only £20 I didn't worry too much. By the time shipping and import taxes (which also seem to apply to the shipping) were paid plus purchase of other necessaries (charger and spare battery) I have now spent about £100 for a product that doesn't work. Here's the relevant part of the transcript with customer service - decide for yourself...
[15:13:36] Jed: Thank you for patiently waiting. I already talked to my supervisor and we can do send you an email to your email address micro_aviator@yahoo.co.uk, so we can done for it. I already forwarded your RMA to our warranty department and the found out that your item is not included for the warranty. You may check it again the item and you will see the message above "These products are reduced to, or below factory cost price. All liquidation items are brand new do not include warranty". We do apologize for the inconvenience.
[15:16:32] Chris Trow: What ! - you sent me a non working item - it isnt broken - it never worked in the first place - so you have sold me something unfit for purpose - in which case I require either a replacement or a refund
[15:17:04] Chris Trow: So far this has cost me nearly £100 including shipping taxes and extras (charger etc)
[15:17:53] Jed: Please wait, let me do some for you.
[15:25:11] Jed: Thank you for patiently waiting. I talked to my supervisor and he approved my suggestion to give you a one time courtesy for you, however, the item is back order item now. We don't have an exact time when it would have a restocks for the item and the best solution for you is to refund via PayPal or via bonus points. I hope that I help you with your concern.
[15:26:10] Chris Trow: OK - a refund via paypal will work - I will require you to also refund the shipping and taxes I had to pay for this non working item
[15:27:20] Jed: Sorry Chris we can only give you the product cost
[15:28:25] Chris Trow: Not good enough - I paid nearly double the product cost in shipping and import taxes - its not a very good advert for your company if you cost me nearly £100 and the item is no good for anything
[15:28:45] Chris Trow: And, believe me, I will add reviews about this wherever I can
[15:30:04] Jed: Chris, please be advised that you first that if you will have a order overseas you will have to pay for the customs tax. All customer knows that and for the shipping fee, we can't because they already deliver your item, however, their one item have a faulty.
[15:31:39] Chris Trow: It is not my fault if you chose to ship a faulty item so there is no way I should be liable for the cost of the shipping - I am sure if this happened to you then you would require the company you ordered from to ensure you did not lose money on the transaction
[15:33:27] Jed: I know Chris, that's why I talked to them and give the best solution. But for the shipping fee and customs tax we can't.
[15:35:11] Chris Trow: I will apply for the taxes to be refunded here in the UK and I will cite HobbyKing as the reason (ie shipping goods unfit for purpose) but the shipping is definitely your problem - I am not willing to pay for you to send non working goods to me and I will take this up with local authorities to ensure I am reimbursed - unless you chose to take the easier route and refund it directly
[15:39:03] Jed: Again Chris, we're willing to refund your non working item
[15:39:03] Jed: That's it
[15:39:49] Chris Trow: OK - you do that and I'll get on with the rest - I guess you will be hearing from UK customs in due course - I will expect a refund by paypal today
[15:43:09] Jed: Thank you for patiently waiting. I already processed your refund $29.99 via PayPal and please be advised that our processing time for refund takes about 7-10 business days. If you refund still not being reflect t your account, you may contact your PayPal for further assistance.
[15:44:09] Chris Trow: Thank you - I am now going to post the transcript of this conversation to allow other potential customers to know what they may face when you send them something that does not work - thank you for your time Jed
The transcript will be sent to "micro_aviator@yahoo.co.uk".
[15:46:55] Jed: You're welcome and I'm trying to solve your problem.
The visitor has left the chat.
The chat is ended.

modified review This review was modified by micro_aviator on July 03 2014 12:59:41 AM

"Very mixed feelings here, but overall it is very unlikely I will shop with them again.

The pro's:

1) They have great prices on NIMH AAA batteries, LiPoly batteries and the hard to find LIFEpo4 batteries that are less volatile.

2) When I finally got an order placed through their less than intuitive website (I was careful to order only things in stock at their US warehouse), I received the order very quickly.

Now (drumroll...) the con's:

1) you cannot change an order after you place it.

2) if you have paid for an order and want to change it before it has shipped, you have to cancel the order completely and start a new one.

4) If you cancel an order that you have paid for, but has not shipped. THEY KEEP YOUR MONEY and give you store credit. You have to FIGHT to get your money back, often with a resolution complaint through paypal.

5) Store credits CANNOT BE USED FOR SHIPPING! You have to give them more money to get an order for the same dollar amount shipped. This is inexcusable.

6) They tell you what shipping will be up to a certain weight, but if you get items that add up to that weight, they can magically change the shipping on you! And, since you don't know this until you place your order, if you cancel the order, THEY KEEP YOUR MONEY and give you a store credit that, again, can't be used in a new order for shipping. Sigh...

What a hassle... I could go on, but you get the idea.

Conclusion: If you know exactly what you want, are OK with paying more for shipping than they say you will up front, and your order from the US warehouse, you can get some decent batteries (I have never purchased anything else) at good prices.

But... like snake handling, you need to know EXACTLY what you are doing, or they will bite you.

I cannot recommend doing business with them. Yech.

modified review This review was modified by outdoorben on June 30 2014 06:51:55 PM

"horrible, horrible, horrible... (that aint enuf).... but what is worse is that they have zero customer support on their website, and their own forum, (even though that is what and where they direct customers to try to work out their problems), but they have a 'self identified' senior level support agent who frequents a third party rc forum, and offering help..

why they dont advertise on their website for customers information and use on how to find this senior level rep is beyond me... but why doesnt the senior level rep frequent their own forum? why do they have to compel customers to search and 'happen across' a third party forum to get help?

and what is worst and funny at the same time, is when you go to a forum and post a comment to try to warn others, and save them grief, and punish/reduce the workload at HK, then the loyal minions come out of the wood work to defend hk...

huh???? threads/discussions are titled COMPLAINT ABOUT HK, and people post things like, I LOVE HK, and THEY HAVE NEVER LET ME DOWN, or WHAT DO YOU EXPECT, THEY ARE FROM CHINA or over SEAS, or THEY ARE CHEAP, SO YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR..

totally discounting the person who posted the thread/discussion, as if they are lieing or making stuff up.... and or convoluting the discussion so other potential customers get 'tuned out' and ultimately defeating the intent of the person who bothered to post the negative comments...

bottom line is, as a comnnunity, we need to try to protect others... if others dont want protection, they dont need to read the negative, nor heed the advice... but to piss on others is inhumane and anti social.... and those folks are hypocrites....and they get their entertainment from other's mis fortune...

anyways, please stay away from HK.... you will not save that much money and when your order gets screwed up you will be sorry...

Hobby King is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Hobby King is not a merchant member
Hobby King does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!