• Hobby King

Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.15/10 2.15/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.29/10 2.29/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.41/10 1.41/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.91/10 0.91/10

"very poor service indeed....... the free shipping offer is a total LIE....................they made me purchase the product then "refunded" me in STORE CREDITS.....eventually they gave in and refunded the shipping cost into my paypal............NOW THE NEW issue with the same order is that the shipping company are charging me import duty BASED on the fact i have paid for shipping...thus overcharging me for the import duty.......and hobbyking think its not their issue AARRGGHHH never using these jokers again...i would steer well clear of using this company"

modified review This review was modified by ihatehobbyking on May 27 2015 09:18:57 AM

"Ordered the Monster Truck Nitro Circus 1/16 showing in sotck in West Warehouse.
After many back and force with clueless customer service, they finally said sorry it is on back order on 5/13/15 while still showing in stock all the time on their site. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS UNPROFESIONALS

modified review This review was modified by Seboz123 on May 13 2015 06:30:04 PM

"A terrible experience with Hobby King. I ordered a large plane that came in a "home made" box (cardboard pieces taped together with tons of packaging tape) that was too small! The product had to be crushed in order to fit it in the box...craziest thing I have ever seen. Customer Service stated they would refund my shipping costs, then refused once the product was returned. They wouldn't let me contact a supervisor. I will never purchase from this company again. "

modified review This review was modified by plch4 on May 13 2015 06:03:23 AM

"Purchased a drone that came with a missing piece (prop nut).

Rather than replacing the product immediately, I'm awaiting a back-order prop nut for nearly two weeks now.

In my opinion, I would recommend you stay away and purchase through a reliable company.

Wish I had read all the poor reviews this company gets before parting with my hard earned cash!

"Skip these guys. The website may look slick, but they offer very poor service. For example, I had to cancel my last order after they took over ONE WEEK with the order in "packaging." (Of course, they had charged my card already). I contacted them about this, each time they gave me a different excuse. EVEN NOW I am still waiting to get my refund! LOL. Like I said, skip these guys! "

"never ever buy from this company ,,,£32 transmitter has cost me £55 plus ransom demand from scs for £14 which I have just paid by paypal ,only to be told my item is being held by customs ,,£ 69 and it looks like I will be charged import duty as well ,,disgusting customer service , BE WARNED !!!"

"More than 10 order, from EU warehouse and Global warehouse. All was arrived fast. 1 faulty lipo had been refund quickly. All that i have bougth still work perfectly. "

"Rubbish company and rubbish customer services, 24 days, no one care your warranty claim there, think deep before you purchase anything there!"

modified review This review was modified by Thomas0312 on April 21 2015 06:42:20 PM

"AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE, IF YOUR ITEM EVEN ARRIVES WITHIN A REASONABLE TIME FRAME, IT WILL PROBABLY BE FAULTY, YOU CANNOT GET A FULL REFUND, THEY REFUND YOU 80% AT BEST BECUASE YOU HAVE OPENED THE ITEM, ABYSMAL CUSTOMER SERVICE "

"Unbelievably bad customer service! Never, ever buy a high value item, cos if it goes wrong you may as well forget any compensation or help. It would take pages for me to explain what I've just gone through over a faulty Quanum Nova..... Pay more elsewhere...please, please don't be tempted!"

modified review This review was modified by grsgraphics on April 09 2015 05:27:46 AM

"I strongly recommend avoiding this company. They have stolen from me and I am preparing to file a formal complaint with the government. I returned two items to them and they never refunded my money. They would not even acknowledge that they received the items until I provided proof of delivery from the shipper, and then they said that they received incorrect items.

As others have said, once this company has your money, they couldn't care less about you. They are thieves.

modified review This review was modified by zenjutsuka on April 06 2015 02:50:58 PM

"I once ordered two batteries for my quadcopter in the international warehouse because they were not in stock (for a long while) in the European warehouse, but I never received them. After a lot of mails to Hobby King, they wanted to refund me in points I could only spend on there website. Luckily, the batteries were in stock again in the European warehouse, so I spend my points there. Finally, I got my two parcells.

My advise: don't order at the international warehouse and if you can: avoid Hobby King completely.

"I placed 5 orders the last 6 months, as well in the EU-Warehouse, the UK-Warehouse, as the global Warehouse. My experience is extremely positive so far. All parcels coming from the Netherlands and UK arrived in good shape in Belgium, exactly as expected, and within a couple of days. The receiver coming from the Global Warehouse took a month. Quality is extremely good for the (high rated) products I ordered. And the price is the lowest you can find for similar products. Once I had a question about changing from backorder to re-ordering something in stock I used the chat functionality. Also that was a positive experience. Overall I am very satisfied and would strongly recommend HobbyKing to other people. Kind regards, Peter."

modified review This review was modified by PeterDB on March 29 2015 01:01:25 PM

"I wish I had read the reviews for Hobby King before I ordered, sadly, I did not.
I ordered a kit and a transmitter from HK, when I received the kit, pieces were missing, I asked them to send the missing pieces and was basically told I was out of luck and if I didn't like it send the kit back.
The worst part was the X-mitter though, although they SAY they shipped it last week, it has been 6 days and still nothing...
I was told that it was my fault because I hadn't "checked in on them", even though they told me my X-mitter was in stock. Basically blaming ME for their lackluster business practices.
In the end, they told me there was nothing to do but wait for it to get here and "tough luck".
I think the main problem with Hobby King is that once they have your money, they couldn't care less about you as a customer and their idea of "Customer Service" is, "Shut up and quit complaining..."
I will NEVER order from Hobby King again, I would STRONGLY advise anyone contemplating a purchase to shop elsewhere unless you don't mind being ripped-off and treated like dirt.

"Like most every other review here, my dealings with Hobby King have been frustrating to say the least. Placed an order for a small item and was sent an 8 foot wing span model plane. When I contacted customer service, they wanted me to send pictures of what I received and they would start an investigation, and...if they found that they had made an error they would contact me. What???? After numerous live chats and phone calls they finally agreed to credit my credit card upon receipt of the merchandise. I shipped the box back, and the next communication...HK decided I didn't deserve a refund that I could only have a store credit. They shipped me the wrong item and I have to buy something else from them to use my credit? Oh, and did I tell you a paid extra to have it shipped from the USA with overnight shipping as I needed it for a company demonstration. I am now 6 weeks into my HK order and still haven't received a full refund. I am not sure how they are if things go right - that has never happened for me - but when HK makes an error, look out. Do not use these guys if you need the item(s) you ordered. There is every chance you will never see the item and never see a refund"

Share Hobby King's store rating

Hobby King is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Hobby King is not a merchant member
Hobby King does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!