Product & services pricing Rating 5.65/10 5.65/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.05/10 2.05/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.59/10 1.59/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.29/10 1.29/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.00/10 1.00/10

"Ordered a Tarot t-2d gimbal from hobbyking that didn't work. Investigated it further by connecting it to my PC and no communication, investigated further by connecting another controller board to (a friends) it and found the gimbal worked pointing to a problem with the controller board. Followed all the instructioins to log an RMA, take pictures, post a video, even bought another controller board from HeliPal. HobbyKing had me jump through hoops, were only going to offer only $10 for a £40. I finally arugued to get $45 - but that doesn't cover anywhere near the cost of the new unit, or the postage to send it back. Further, I asked for it to be creditted to the paypal account but the creditted it to me as bonus points - I don't want to have anything to do with this company ever again. Please, please, please stay away from these guys and tell you RC buddies. Some have luck with them but there is beginning to be a high percentage (maybe not a majority yet) that have bad service. There are others out there and if you have problems with these guys theyre aweful in sorting it out. I'm fortunate that it was only a relatively samll amount £50 in total, and only lost out on perhaps £15-£20. "

modified review This review was modified by Dukey74 on November 21 2014 02:47:35 AM

"I feel I should add my two cents. Just had a very positive experience with HobbyKing customer service 24/7 chat. Couldn't find where to track my order, and two minutes after connecting to chat, the guy showed me the URL indicating the status of my shipment (Swiss Post, on its way to JFK airport). It remains to be seen how long the shipment will take to arrive, but I'd say that most of the frustrating delays probably come from unpredictability of Chinese (and perhaps US) Customs, rather than any fault of HK. Try as you will, you won't find the kind of stock they carry anywhere else. I was able to order all electric / electronic parts for a quadrotor for under $200. "

modified review This review was modified by SimonDLevy on November 15 2014 10:24:57 PM

"Delivery 9 days after I paid for the order!. All items were in stock and it was from the Australia warehouse, likely Sydney. Only 3 hours drive from where I live. I ordered shoes from Amazon and got them to my door in 7 days from the US..........what the??????. I cannot imagine what happens when you deal with the International warehouse!. If you like gambling with your money by all means buy something from these numbskulls but personally I would rather go to the Casino."

modified review This review was modified by jzalchemy on November 14 2014 12:55:19 AM

"I've been ordering from Hobby King for a few year now. Their batteries are outstanding for the price. I've also ordered some excellent planes from them as well. Read the reviews carefully before purchasing!

People complaining about this company are insane. If you want the absolute BEST experience and the BEST customer service, you will certainly have to pay for it! Order from an American company if you want peace of mind! Great customer service requires great people, and great people require higher salaries, so that additional cost is passed on to the consumer. It's common sense! My mind is blown by the number of idiots here who want both the best price and incredible customer service. Sorry, guys, it's doesn't work that way. This is business 101.

But for those people who understand that their products are cheaper for a REASON, and who can accept that they will receive some defective items once in a while, there is no better place to shop. Their prices are so low because they cut corners on things like customer service.

If you can't accept that you may experience shipping delays and poor customer service every now and then, then order elsewhere.

Just another classic example of Americans being ignorant.

modified review This review was modified by yettiflyer on October 26 2014 07:34:30 PM

"they have nice web page and Youtube videos but those impressions dont count! customer service are like robots with standard replies and frustrating. how bad can it get!
I had a 2nd disappointment when a Walkera QR X350 body shell was delivered without 2 fastening nuts on one of the arms. its completely useless without them and being machine installed. a $30 purchase and was offered with a $5 credit. further chats were futile and they dont understand the feelings of hobbyists. they being in the hobby business!
1st disappointment was a damaged carrying case delivered. they offered a replacement but never came! offered a credit but in that I lost $45 of delivery charge and now $9.99.
hobbyking is definitely not a merchant for subsequent purchases considering their service and customer service whom are good in checking delivery dates. not suitable for disputes.
I still have credits with them and they can keep it!

"I ordered a Quanum Nova quad copter from this site. The item was advertised with free shipping. The Hobby King courier charged an additional 70 Euros for duty and handling. One of the motors burnt out on the first flight of the quad copter. I returned the unit (at my expense) and Hobby King agreed a free of charge replacement. When this was sent, again by the Hobby King courier, I was again charged 70 Euros for duty.When I complained Hobby King agreed to send out another Quanum Nova via a courier that would not incur a duty charge. This never happened so I asked for a refund. To date this has not happened either. Interestingly when I tried to leave a review on the Hobby King website I was unable to. You need to have placed three orders before you are allowed to review! I will never buy anything from this site again and strongly urge others not to either. "

modified review This review was modified by SteveRog1010 on October 21 2014 11:34:03 AM

"Been ordering from HK since 2009 and my total orders count is 100+. Feel sorry for people who have bad luck with their services and shipment. Never had a problem in getting refund for a lost or damaged package. Though getting a refund requires a bit of patience. Its not quick, i guess due to their standard procedures but if your case is legitimate then eventually you will get it as a store credit, which is OK for me. I also have a good experience with them regarding damaged stuff. They just asked for the pics of damaged stuff with packaging and i didn't have to send the broken stuff back. They just sent it again."

"Warning! Do not use this company. I placed an order 2 month ago and package still has not arrived. I talked to customer service about obtaining a refund and they informed me that I would have to wait another 2 month during an "investigation" to get refund.
I urge you and your friends to stay away from this company

"Had to wait three months before they would start a lost package investigation. One month later, haven't heard anything back and they finally gave me a refund after multiple requests. Will never order from them again."

modified review This review was modified by artaex on September 23 2014 10:14:44 AM

"Avoid hobbyking shipping service is terrible I paid for 2-3 shipping option and it's been 5 business days still haven't gotten my LIPO go to amain hobbies those people know the true value of customer service "

"I have read many reviews about hobby king and everyone complains about the shipping. It is pretty horrible. I ordered a transmitter that works perfect nothing wrong with it and it arrived within 2 weeks because i ordered from the us warehouse. The international warehouse must be lacking communication but i think they are overall pretty good. If they can fix there shipping issues, i think they would be so much better."

"DON"T DO IT!! They lure you in with the dirt cheap prices but then NEVER deliver the items. I have currently been waiting for a shipment for THREE AND A HALF MONTHS. And trying to find a customer service number, email address, etc, is impossible. I have ordered from HK in the past and the shipping was glacial in speed, but the prices are just so good, I figured I could deal with it. 3.5 months is a deal-breaker, though. I filed a complaint with my credit card company and they credited my account so at least there's that. I am never ordering from HobbyKing again. "

modified review This review was modified by ElizaHall on September 11 2014 09:58:28 AM

"Will be avoiding and also not recommending hobbyking to other people.
Shipping of items is a long and pain process and follow-up support is non-existent with support tickets being closed when they're not resolved.
08-Aug-2014 1857 Item sent to AUCKLAND MPC PMIH (KLIA)
18-Jul-2014 2359 Item forwarded to carrier/agent MPC PMIH (KLIA)
18-Jul-2014 2156 Item posted over the counter MPC PMIH (KLIA)
16-Jul-2014 1140 Dispatch Pre-Alert 16/07/2014 In Transit

It is now the 05/09/14 and still no parcel...

Hobby King User

"My experience with Hobby King is very negative. I purchased many parts from Hobby King. One of them is a power module for the HK Autopilot 2.6. The module had the polarity inconsistent from the manufacturer. It burst in fire the first time we hooked it up. I filed for the warranty. Waiting for a week without any reply or action on the case, I contacted HK through the chat. It took another week for the case to be processed. On July 12th 2014, the replacement part was sent to me in the US from Malaysia. Until today, August 30th 2014, I still have not received it yet. I contacted HK on 08/29/2014. The representative told me to check with the local post office because their system indicated the parcel was in Jersey City, NJ. I checked with the post office on 08/30/2014 and they told me the US post office system has no record that the item is in the US. The item has not left Malaysia yet. I came back to the HK. Its representative told me to check with the local post office. I said that I did. Then he/she told me to wait for it until 09/04/2014. It's ridiculous to conduct a business in this fashion. Shipping from HK is always expensive, slow, and unreliable. If the prices of the products are lower than other vendors, then shipping cost, shipping speed, and hassles on the returns will compensate for the low cost. Overall it is not economically efficient to conduct any business with Hobby King. "

Hobby King User

"Hobby King has got to have the worst costumer service in any industry. After ordering thousands of dollars of their cheap equipment, a $13 EZ OSD that came with an on screen ad appearing in the middle of your flight, showing www.aeorc.com in the middle of the screen while I was flying; almost making me crash, they wouldn't process a claim, answer to my queries or care less about it. I am done with HobbyKing forever and hope that every costumer does the same. Go to any other hobby website offering cheap chinese RC components."

Hobby King is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Hobby King is not a merchant member
Hobby King does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!