• Hobby King

Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.55/10 1.55/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.90/10 1.90/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.34/10 1.34/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.00/10 1.00/10

"I have waited two months on my order. I have written confirmation from them I wanted to wait for all items to be in stock before sending and they did sent my order with two items missing a few days later. Other items than were missing before. This means they just shipped part of my order to someone else instead of just keeping it for me until the rest arrived. The chat employee took way too long to answer, which tells me she had some other windows open with others as well.
Also, their stock info on the website is a lie!
Also, the price of the products drops when you stay on a product page for some time, this is misleading and bad for people who just order instantly.
I will never order here again.

This review was modified by MarrkDJ on August 27 2015 07:49:56 AM

"Hobby King sold me a plane that had a sound system on it, which states that it can generate heat. The ESC was small for the size of plane, and I didn't see any way that it could get airflow. Flew the plane for about 4 minutes beautifully, then the ESC overheated and down went the plane. Nothing but delays and the run-a-round from HK. Finally, they wanted me to return the plane at my expense before they would give me a new one. Send a defective plane back at MY expense? I don't think so. If I did, they would find some excuse not to give me a new plane and then I would be out another $50.00 or so. Never again. HK stinks."

This review was modified by AirMonty on August 08 2015 09:57:24 PM

"Returned 5 unopened items on the "No Fuss" RMA for points redemption. HobbyKing received the package one week ago and still their order status says "Waiting for return item". After this experience, my perceived credibility of HobbyKing as a preferred supplier has greatly diminished."

"Ordered a Bixler 2 from Hobby King. Delivered by FedEx OK. Assembled the model and when checking it out, discovered the motor to be defective. Customer Support is useless. Very difficult to communicate with them and they do not respond promptly, if at all. There warranty/return system is a joke. I am not equipped to video the problem and attach the file to the RMA warranty form. I will give them negative feedback to eBay, where I ordered the Bixler RC airplane, file a complaint with eBay and Pay Pal. I recommend not to buy from HK. . . if you do, you could get screwed. "

"Hobbyking opened an account without my permission, I have had an account with them for years with an alternate e-mail address. Their systems do not match on names, addresses or anything else. Bought a battery charger that was faulty, went through all their long winded RMA procedure and finally they agreed on a refund but instead of refunding to my Paypal account which was how payment was made the put it in store points in an account that I hadn't opened in the first place. Just spent the best part of an hour to try to get actual money in Paypal and then told that it will be reviewed for 24-48 hours and then paid to Paypal sometime in the next 7 days. In other words they effectively steal your money till you ask for them to repay it and then they make you wait again. Absolute rubbish."

This review was modified by riceturbo on July 31 2015 07:46:09 AM

"NO support. Product broke after a few flights. Transmitter stopped working even though it was never damaged and barley used. No replacement parts and zero help. Manual is worthless and filled with spelling and grammatical errors.

Quanum NOVA. RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!!

"Shit service. BE WARNED: DO NOT BUY AT HOBBYKING!! THEIR WEBSITE IS A LIE. Ordered products worth +- 250 usd, Net of the items displayed "2 left on stock" but after not hearing from HK for 3 days, i decided i had waited enough and contacted their "custo er support" only then I found out that one of the items wasn't onstock due to a delay of their stockkeeping. FINE, so far understandablee, though a bit shamefull..

Next I was informed to wait 3 days... 3 days later .. nothing.. 4 days nothing... in the meanwhile other orders from CHINA are arriving, while Hobbykings EU warehouse is about 80 km from my house... After contacting 4 staff members at hobbyking support still no help and I still haven't received any items. IF YOU WANT YOUR HOBBY TO BE A SOURCE OF STRESS IN YOUR LIFE, ORDER AT HOBBYKING

This review was modified by almito on July 22 2015 07:23:18 AM

"Literally couldn't be worse. Bought an $80 product, waited nearly a full week, did not receive the item. Fedex says it was delivered, it may have been but not to my home. They refuse to give me anything unless I wait a full 2 fucking months, so by the time I get a refund or new product the summer will be over and the product will be useless. Don't shop with them, they have essentially robbed me. "

This review was modified by William_walters on July 06 2015 04:30:04 AM

"hobbyking has the worse customer service ever. they send junk parts and then make you jump through hoops to get a replacement part. i bought those new motors that are made for blade 350qx. some adapters came with them and they wont fit over the shaft of the motors. mind you these are probably 1.00 items. hobbyking wants pics and a video for replacement. im 65yrs old i dont have a cell phone or camera i have no use for them. just send me my parts if i was going to lie and steal it wouldnt be a 1.00 item. im done with them. to many other places to shop. ron gamble"

"Looks like I ended up with another one of Hobby King's faulty Turnigy 9X pro transmitters I noted after returning it that the invoice had on the top of the invoice address "Replacement/Repair Centre" Hong Kong I am now waiting for a replacement. I wouldn't call myself a member of their Satisfied Customer Scheme"

"Poor service!
I recently purchased a Walkera Scout case from Hobby King costing 119$. It was the last in stock and I needed it soon. When it arrived, there were large dents on the corner and down one side and the paint was scratched on the top. However, the packaging showed no signs of damage, so the case was sent out in that state.
I immediately took photos and informed Hobby King through their warranty procedure. I heard nothing for two weeks and so contacted PayPal and within hours Hobby King offered me a 5$ refund! I advised Hobby King that as they had obviously sent out a damaged product for whatever reason, their offer in my view was unacceptable and offered very poor customer support.
PayPal have offered me a full refund, but only if I return the case, however, postage costs back to China amount to almost what I would receive in a refund, so I would be out of pocket and without a case, in whatever condition it is in! I can’t be without a case even though it is unsightly, as I need it to travel, so I am left ‘between a rock and a hard place’!
I have posted this as a warning to members that although it may cost a little more, it might be better to buy more expensive items locally and with the added benefit that it won’t take weeks to arrive!

"very poor service indeed....... the free shipping offer is a total LIE....................they made me purchase the product then "refunded" me in STORE CREDITS.....eventually they gave in and refunded the shipping cost into my paypal............NOW THE NEW issue with the same order is that the shipping company are charging me import duty BASED on the fact i have paid for shipping...thus overcharging me for the import duty.......and hobbyking think its not their issue AARRGGHHH never using these jokers again...i would steer well clear of using this company"

This review was modified by ihatehobbyking on May 27 2015 09:18:57 AM

"Ordered the Monster Truck Nitro Circus 1/16 showing in sotck in West Warehouse.
After many back and force with clueless customer service, they finally said sorry it is on back order on 5/13/15 while still showing in stock all the time on their site. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS UNPROFESIONALS

This review was modified by Seboz123 on May 13 2015 06:30:04 PM

"A terrible experience with Hobby King. I ordered a large plane that came in a "home made" box (cardboard pieces taped together with tons of packaging tape) that was too small! The product had to be crushed in order to fit it in the box...craziest thing I have ever seen. Customer Service stated they would refund my shipping costs, then refused once the product was returned. They wouldn't let me contact a supervisor. I will never purchase from this company again. "

This review was modified by plch4 on May 13 2015 06:03:23 AM

"Purchased a drone that came with a missing piece (prop nut).

Rather than replacing the product immediately, I'm awaiting a back-order prop nut for nearly two weeks now.

In my opinion, I would recommend you stay away and purchase through a reliable company.

Wish I had read all the poor reviews this company gets before parting with my hard earned cash!

Share Hobby King's store rating

Hobby King is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Hobby King is not a merchant member
Hobby King does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!