Stores > Hobby King

Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.09/10 1.09/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.33/10 2.33/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.78/10 0.78/10

2016-02-03

Horrendous 'service'. Don't encourage this behaviour- shop elsewhere.

" Horrendous- Trade in UK using Hong Kong laws.
As a business owner I was buying £2000 of stock a month from 'Hobbyking'- and yet whenever They made a mistake (once an entire BATCH of bad batteries) they take any excuse not to remedy the issue. Quite simply they do not care about ANYBODY- wether it's a sole consumer or their best reseller- they DON'T CARE.

I will now go direct to factory for my supplies- I've absolutely had enough of these scumbags.

This review was modified by Otoki_tarashi on February 03 2016 12:15:57 AM

2016-01-14

DO NOT ORDER FROM HOBBY KING!!!

"On December 12 I ordered 2 Zippy 8000mah 6S LIPO packs from Hobby King. HK showed they had more than 10 in stock. I ordered in confidence that within a day or two that I would have batteries coming my way. A week later I get an e-mail notification that they were back ordered. I contacted HK via live chat and was told they didn't know when they would have more in stock. No one would tell me when or even IF they would get more batteries. I then waited another week and tried again and got the same answer...no ETA and no expectations of more coming in. I waited another week...same BS. Well now it's been a month and I have run out of patience, but tried one more time. Same story...no ETA and no confirmation that they have even ordered more batteries. I finally demanded a refund.

I will never buy from HK ever again. They have been around for how many years now and they are still pulling garbage like this!!!?

This review was modified by rgkenders on January 14 2016 02:56:42 PM

2015-12-24

"This holiday hobbyking addressed a verification delay I had...they made sure my order came by xmas...This was "the gift" for my son. So it was real important...to me too.. I received my package 3 days sooner...they underpromised and overdelivered... Thanks hobbyking!"

2015-12-24

"Bought a new glider jet EPO and it came with one aileron servo attached and one missing. It was to be a Christmas present so it was not opened within 7 days and thus tHK would not support any claim! The woman tech told me to buy the missing wire and horn! Since I could not fly the plane without it I agreed and asked if they had those specific parts as I did not find them while looking for them. She looked and advised me they don't carry those parts! So, I bought $150. Worth of items which included this plane that came from them missing parts and they quoted policy at me, didn't offer to help, didn't have the parts or offer to get them! It was just too bad and policy is policy she kept saying! No customer service of any kind and zero common sense. We wasted an hour on a five cent group of parts at their cost and blew me off! This was the second time I got that attitude and lack of after the sale support. 1 star rating is too high. They are a negative.. BEWARE! "

This review was modified by Jboop42 on December 24 2015 09:18:36 AM

2015-12-22

"Have ordered twice from Hobby King. First time no problem, product as stated with reasonable shipping. Second order a disaster, ordered a 1/10 buggy, which had a defective ESC and servo.
Attempts to contact product specialist for help were unanswered, initiated many chats, always told product specialist unavailable. Did get email one time, nine days later.
I also was required to send pictures etc. Then was told to send buggy back at my expense and the would "evaluate". Do not consider this acceptable, with no resolution to issue, submitted PayPal dispute, resulting in no response other than repeat instructions to return at my expense. Have now escalated to PayPal claim status; Hobby King very slow to respond.
Their web site indicates 24hr customer service, this is a lie. The only thing available is a chat with someone whose only response is "a product specialist is not available at this time".
Wish I had read these comments before purchase.
My advice, go somewhere that will take a credit card and that has true customer service.

This review was modified by tvs999 on December 22 2015 08:00:20 PM

2015-12-18

"First time buying from Hobby King, never again! Horrible support.

The description says
Video Resolution: 1920x1080P 60FPS
Micro SD Card: Max 64G
But the camera provided does not have this. Support was terrible. There are too many other places to purchase RC supplies

This review was modified by Scotty69 on December 18 2015 09:17:38 AM

2015-10-28

"We are a quadcopter group in Brighton, England and have been buying parts from various suppliers including HK. Recently a Turnigy transmitter we bought went wonky after approx 3 weeks. HK requested for vids/pics, we refused unless HK wants to pay for a fly away drone from a faulty tx. HK relented and requested we returned the transmitter to the UK warehouse we originally bought it from. We received an email to advise they will be sending us a new replacement. Weeks went by, nothing. I contacted HK via chat, was told on back order, cannot advise when restock. I asked for approximation, days, weeks, months, years, ever? No ETA! Asked for refund, HK offered store credits only. Told HK we'll be buying from elsewhere. HK insists store credits only. Anyway, we will accept store credits on this occasion and will complete a final purchase of essentials like batteries etc but will cease using HK again unless in desperation. Shame that HK does does not realise customer service is essential, not simply pricing. "

2015-10-26

"Watch out this retailer. They ship out defective products and do not refund any purchasing or returning shipping cost. And they lie about their evaluation of the returned product too. Don't buy anything from them if you can get from somewhere else."

2015-10-15

"I am / was a first time customer for Hobby King I purchased a Phantom RC sailboat ? a radio system that was supposed to be complete--Plug & Play. I talked to one of their product specialists and he helped my order the correct items. The boat came with no problems but when I tried to install the radio system it was missing the receiver battery pack, charger and; the on / off switch.( these I did ask about and was assured they were included) I again contacted Hobby King and spend well over 2 hours jumping thru hoops to send pictures of everything and explain the problems. when I placed this order I had their product specialist on line at the time and was assured everything was included, he even looked at different items and found these so I made the purchase. The customer service of this company is horrid --I have been flying RC aircraft for over 35 years and have never had this type of problems with any other company. you cant talk to anyone they dont have a phone it all has to be done online thru live chat. I made the purchase because they had a good price on the items -but had I known of their lack of customer service I would gladly have spent more money from a reputable company---Guys just a word of warning avoid Hobby King like the plague-you get a good price but you dont get what you were promised. So now here I sit without a working item. I am pissed."

2015-10-06

"The worse customer service I ever got. They deserve 0 stars, 1 is to much. I will not recommend no one to deal with them, big mistake. They do nothing to help the customer, they don't care about the customers. Don't buy from them!"

This review was modified by MarkConnor on October 06 2015 07:48:42 AM

2015-09-25

"Received package with missing parts. I have been told for almost half a year that it's a mistake and replacement was sent. Finally they refused to send something and requested to send the package back with no VAT and delivery compensation. I had to escalate to PayPal regarding the issue.

Advice: Never use HonKong located company hobbyking!

2015-09-06

"HobbyKing was unresponsive to my requests to tell me when they plan to ship the INSTOCK items. Two weeks went by before I made this request. I got no where with them; so I initiated a PayPal claim. Funny thing is this was my 9th order in the last two years and never had a problem; But now that I did, I can see why others have been so vocal in their distrust of this company "

This review was modified by rbl4 on September 07 2015 11:39:16 AM

2015-09-05

"Awful customer service .. They caused me additional cost by supplying from Hongkong when I wanted to order from UK. Refused to compensate me and now one of the batteries has a bad cell AFTER the 30 day warranty so I have to buy another from scratch!
AVOID!

This review was modified by Aldouk on September 05 2015 08:58:45 AM

2015-09-02

"I purchased a Turnigy Accucel-8 150W 7A Balancer/Charger from Hobby King on 07/21/2015. Prior to the purchase, I inquired about the charger, it's capabilities and included components. I was directed to a hobbyking website that contained the operations manual for my item. After reviewing the manual, I purchased the item. It was shipped quickly and I received it sooner than I thought. As soon as I opened the box, I noticed that quite a few items were missing that included the connecting cords and temperature sensor. I tried to use their 24hr online customer service but received nothing but being told to wait. For what, I already had the item and it was missing the cords. I initiated a complaint with Pay Pal and HobbyKings attitude immediately changed. They "Ordered the missing parts". They asked me to remove the complaint with PayPal so their rating would not be affected. I was stupid and ended the PayPal complaint. I WAS STUPID, DO NOT EVER CLOSE THE COMPLAINT!! After 33 days and numerous attempts by me to get a resolution, they gave me some options such as wait an unlimited time for the parts to come in (I had already waited over 30 days,), pay to have the item shipped back across the US to theit Arkansas factory, purchase the missing items and send them a copy of the receipt or accept $10.00 in lu of the missing parts. The cheapest thing for me was to receive the 10.00. I assumed it would be credited to my PayPal account but no,I had to accept Hobbyking credits. To purchase the missing cables from them ( yes they have the cables for sale individually) would cost mt 19.77 PLUS shipping and tax. A loss of 9.77 plus. I will never do any business with them again and I advise you to do the same. If you do purchase anything from them and use PayPal, STICK TO YOUR GUNS, NEVER REMOVE THE PAYPAL COMPLAINT UNTIL YOU HAVE THE OBJECT IN YOUR HANDS."

2015-08-30

"i believe all the good reviews are just lies, since i did several orders and it took at least a month for each one and they are charging high for shipment, also i got my plane with some problems, i tried their costumer service but it was catastrophic every time, since 6 months till now my plane is not fixed yet and never able to fly, avoid this site it doesn't worth it"

Share Hobby King's store rating

Hobby King is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Hobby King is not a merchant member
Hobby King does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!