• Address: 13240 Amar Rd City of Industry, CA

Product & services pricing Rating 3.75/10 3.75/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.88/10 1.88/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10

"These guys are extremely dodgy. I paid with paypal, then HobbyPartz requested I send them by credit card in a doc file for some strange reason. When I refused, they cancelled my order and have not refunded me.
Their customer support people also suck big time and were of no help at all.

STAY AWAY

"I ordered a FlySky 6CH transmitter and received the package with no issues. the Packaging was a bit too simple ( a box matching the same size as the trasmitter box, so it was a snug fit.) So any damage that could have damaged the outer box would have easily damaged the inner product box.)

All in all though, I got what I ordered and it works like a charm.

modified review This review was modified by kevinjt4 on April 15 2014 01:46:22 PM

"ordered an electronic speed control - they shipped to the wrong address and would do nothing to correct the error. Their "support" system sends endless useless emails. They are extremely difficult to reach. They are located at 321 Vineland Ave, City of Industry, CA 91746.

Do yourself a favor and stay away from them.

modified review This review was modified by kunstena on April 14 2014 11:24:23 AM

"this place sucks!! Placed an order for lipo battery and charger $90 they took my money then a day later the tell me the items on my order are 3 to 6 weeks away from being back in stock then why would they take my money if they didnt have in stock doesnt make any sense then when i ask them for refund they said sorry we took to many orders and couldn't fill them then i went back on the site to see if they had made the item out of stock and they didn't. This company really sucks they just want to take peoples money and tell you to wait to get what you paid for my advice go shop at local hobby store or eBay best place"

modified review This review was modified by andrewva84 on April 11 2014 10:05:50 AM

"Rip off merchants. I purchased an ESC and motor combo. The ESC was dead on arrival. It was a Saturday and I was desperate to get my bird in the air so I went to the local hobby shop and bought a replacement ESC. I fill in the form to send the ESC back to hobbyparts and found they refuse to take back the ESC for replacement. They want the entire order, motor and esc. I already have several flights on the motor and have already threadlocked it in place and installed the pinion.

Read the terms of return. If you need to send something back because it's dead on arrival YOU pay for the return shipping and insurance even though THEY shipped you defective products.

They have poor customer support.

modified review This review was modified by tabbser on November 11 2013 05:16:22 PM

"Hobbyparts is really terrible to deal with if you have a problem with an item you purchase from them.
You have to fill out a ticket to contact them & the reply in a way in which you can't answer unless you fill out another ticket!
I got a bad mini camera from them & I'm in my third week trying to get an OK to send it back for a refund!
This has got to be the worst on-line buying experience I've ever had!

"Thought I would try Gens Ace Batteries so I placed a nice order with Hobby Partz and paid through Pay Pal. Supposed to be the most secure form of payment on the web. They held my order for additional credit information. Said is was a matter of security. In 15 years of shopping on the internet I never had this happen. I called to cancel my order and the customer service rep was pleasant enough but didn't seem to really care if I gave them the business or not. Pay pal has already listed my order as paid. I await the credit with guarded anticipation."

modified review This review was modified by MikePistor on August 15 2013 10:34:35 AM

"I almost NEVER leave reviews, but I feel Hobbypartz is getting a bad rep from a number of people for little reason. They shipped my item on time and exactly as described, for HALF the price of my local hobby shop. Customer service is slow, but here's the solution...get your order right to begin with ! They've responded to all my tech support emails in a day or two. If you want immediate gratication and instant support, pay more and shop somewhere else. If you can wait a few days to get your stuff and order it correctly, you'll save money for GREAT products through Hobbypartz.com !!!!!"

modified review This review was modified by blueotter on March 04 2013 07:52:41 AM

"Hobbypartz has absolutely terrible customer service. They do not care about their customers.

I have made multiple purchases from them, and I never had any issues with the parts, so I never had to deal with their customer service until recently.

I purchased an 8.5 Turn XERun motor the same day I put in an order for a new SCT. I received the motor about a week before the truck, and it was a kit, so there was some time putting it together. Once I finally got everything together and ready to run, I was already past the 30 day Hobbypartz warranty.... My first day running the motor, on run #5, one of the factory-solodered motor connections disconnected from the motor, and the motor fried. Upon inspection it was clear that this was a factory defect. I contacted them, and they told me "Unfortunately you are currently out of the warranty period. Our warranty policy is 30 days after receiving the package." Bullshit, it's brand new. Good customer service would understand this.

Do not buy from Hobbypartz, else when you have a problem, you'll be on your own.

modified review This review was modified by sffan15 on November 14 2012 09:40:53 AM

"Quick shipping. The order was correct and everything works great. No complaints and I'll order from Hobbypartz again."

DroneBee's Avatar
So Cal

"Terrible customer service. No wonder they don't participate in any of the seller rating organizations or Amazon reseller. Ultra fast shipping but slow response if there is a problem. Stay away, they offer very low price for a reason. Walk, don't run.

I wish I never ordered from them in the first place.

"Warning: HobbyPartz has terrible support!

TL;DR You don’t need to place an order from HobbyPartz to experience the lack of customer service. The only way to contact them is via chat. They are slow to respond, lie, and are just generally incompetent.

I have spent hundreds of dollars at HobbyPartz and NitroRCX in the past, and have lately been following their deal of the day promotion. I was looking for a new charger, so I was thrilled when http://www.hobbypartz.com/26p-ultimate400-charger.html went 20% off for “Deal of the Day.”

In addition to RC devices, I own 3 electric scooters. I was hoping to find a charger that could charge and discharge the 24 volt and 36 volt batteries that they take. Most HobbyPartz chargers will charge a maximum of a 20 volt lead acid battery, with the exception of a few which will charge 24 volt batteries. I was excited to see the claim of 220 volts maximum for the new Sky RC Ultimate 400, however, upon looking at the images, the charger’s label said 2-20 volt PB batteries. This (and common sense) led me to believe that they accidentally put two 2s in instead of one. After all, it can only charge a 18 volt NiMh battery, but it will supposedly charge a 220 volt PB battery.

HobbyPartz offers online chat support, which allows you to speak to a human much faster than calling them or emailing them. When you chat you have a choice between technical or non-technical support. I chose technical, as in the past I have received more competent support when I chose technical. The chat went as follows
allen: Hi, how can I help you?
Jacob: Hi, can you please confirm that the description of http://www.hobbypartz.com/26p-ultimate400-charger.html is correct and that it will indeed charge a lead acid battery of up to 220 volts? I have some 36 volt batteries I would like to charge.
allen: Yes it can.
Jacob: Even though it says 20 volts on the charger?
allen: Correct.
Jacob: And if it fails, I can return it?
allen: It will charge the battery up to 220v
allen: The unit itself requires 12-18.
Jacob: You will pay return shipping?
allen: Yes you can most definitely return it within the 30 day warranty period. Our policy states that the customer is responsible for return shipping.
Jacob: Alright then.
Jacob: Thanks.

He seemed confident, but I wasn’t about to buy it and deal with the possible hassle of returning it without doing some further research. I posted on their Facebook, and received no response within a few hours, so I decided to chat again. It went as follows.
allen: Hi, how can I help you?
Jacob: Hi, I spoke to you earlier about item 26P-Ultimate400-Charger being able to charge 220 volt lead acid batteries. Can you please confirm one more time that the 20 volt sticker on the charger is incorrect?
allen: That's correct
allen: You do need a power supply however.
Jacob: I have the green power g350 from you guys. Will that work?
allen: Yes most definately.
Jacob: And I can charge a 110 cell PB battery.
Jacob: At 1.81 amps
Jacob: Are you still there?
allen: Correct.
Jacob: Awesome.
allen: Is there anymore question(s) that I can help you with?

In this chat I got confirmation that the sticker on the charger was incorrect, and that it would charge a 220 volt battery using the charger and my power supply. One interesting fact is that the G350 is a 350 watt power supply, which in my case only puts out about 300 watts. There is no way it could deal with a 400 watt charger.

So I continued to do some more research. I found the manufactures site, and what do you know, it said 2-20 volts. I decided to give it one last try. The chat was as followed.

danny: Hello, how may I assist you?
Jacob: Hi, I chatted with Allen earlier about the 220 volt PB batetry maximum of item 26P-Ultimate400-Charger. I have a bunch of other chargers and was wondering how you have modified them , as they come from the manufacture with a 20v PB maximim as seen herehttp://www.skyrc.com/index.php?route=product%2Fcategory&path=20
Jacob: Sorry, battery not batetry.
danny: One moment please
Jacob: No problem.
danny: I'm sorry for the delay. I'll be right with you.
Jacob: Not a problem
danny: I will be right with you.
danny: It will charge up to 220v
danny: It is most likely an error on the sky rc website
Jacob: Can you explain why the label in the picture of the charger says something else, why the video at the bottom of the page says something else, and why it can charge up to 220 volts of PB batteries, but only 15 cells of NiMh? Are you sure it isn't an error on your site?
Jacob: Everything else says 20 volts.
danny: I have confirmed with the lead technician and have verified that it charges up to 220v.
Jacob: Are you confident enough to pay return shipping if it fails?
Jacob: Because of over voltage?
danny: Thank you for waiting. I'll be with you in just a moment.
danny: My apologies, it is 20v.
Jacob: This is my third chat. You checked with the head technician!
Jacob: Look at the first chat!
Jacob:
Jacob: And the second
Jacob:
Jacob: Can I have a coupon for item 75P-T610-Charger which will charge my 24v batteries for the time I spent getting and verifying incorrect information with you?
danny: Unfortunately we do not have any coupon code available at the moment
Jacob: Considering has I not been persistent enough to verify this, you would have had a few dead ones.
Jacob: Sorry,had not has
Jacob: That is absurd. You can make me a one time use coupon code.
danny: Unfortunately I would not be able to do that
Jacob: I have placed a good number of orders. You have special ordered stuff for me before. I know for a fact that I can paypal you guys an agreed amount and have you send an order.
Jacob: Can you transfer me to someone who can then?
danny: Unfortunately I would not be able to do that
Jacob: Strange, you ordered some USB boards for my T6 multi for me and just had me send payment via paypal to @.com.

There is so much wrong with this chat. Let’s start at the top. First of all, I waited 25 minutes for the chat to begin. Second, once it did begin, I had to wait longer, because of danny’s slow replies. Danny says it is most likely an error on the manufactures website, as it will charge batteries of up to 220 volts. Third, and most notably, danny either lied about checking with their head technician or their head technician is incompetent, because he says the head technician says it will charge up to 220 volts. When I ask him if he will pay return shipping when he is wrong, he disappears for 5 minutes, and comes back with the fact that it will only charge up to 20 volt PB batteries! What a shocker!

I then explained that had I not been persistent enough to verify this, they would have had two dead chargers on their hands, so I proposed that I get a coupon for a discount on a T610 which will actually charge 24 volt batteries. It still want ideal, because it won’t do 36 volt batteries, but it was better than nothing. They wouldn’t do it. I posted on Facebook, argued with danny, they just wouldn’t. They changed the error on their site, but I still am not worthy of a coupon even though I saved them from getting broken chargers back from me.

And finally, after posting all of this on Facebook, Roger from NitroRCX was nice enough to inform me that it WILL charge up to 220 volt lead acid batteries.

"I must admit, I was very apprehensive when I read all the bad reviews for this company, AFTER I order my charger. But I was plesantly surprised when everything went very smooth. I got my charger at a very good price and in the time I expected. I have done business with them before and haven't had any problems, but that's been a while ago. I will shop with HobbyPartz again!"

"They are the worst website to buy rc parts.

I'm outside from U.S.A. But nothing can justify follow:

-They took 6 days, yes, six days to send merchandise.

-In order, at checkout, i selected Priority Email. When i finally recive shipping confirmation, i put code to USPS and, for my surprise, the shipping method shown was First Class Mail (the cheapest shipping method without tracking, but i've paid more). I've tried contact with hobbypartz support and nobody answer.

Stay away from this site.

Excuses for poor writing english.

modified review This review was modified by lbmmeshuggah on July 21 2012 04:55:18 PM

"I ordered a Hobbywing 60a ESC, Flysky FS-GT3B transmitter, an extra Flysky receiver and a Solar Servo. When the packaged arrived. To my surprise it was 2 Lipo batteries and a Lipo Bag.
Their Terms and Conditions are not customer friendly since even though they admitted it was their mistake, I would have to pay return shipping on the wrong items before they can send me what I initially ordered.

Bottom line with Hobbypartz/Nitrorcx.com, they have good prices, but if they make a mistake, the customer still ends up paying for it in either time or money.

Never again will I buy from them.

HobbyPartz.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

HobbyPartz.com is not a merchant member
HobbyPartz.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!