HobbyPartz.com Reviews - hobbypartz.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 3.33/10 144 reviews

HobbyPartz.com is not a merchant member
HobbyPartz.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"I ordered a FlySky 6CH transmitter and received the package with no issues. the Packaging was a bit too simple ( a box matching the same size as the trasmitter box, so it was a snug fit.) So any damage that could have damaged the outer box would have easily damaged the inner product box.)

All in all though, I got what I ordered and it works like a charm.

modified review This review was modified by kevinjt4 on April 15 2014 01:46:22 PM

"ordered an electronic speed control - they shipped to the wrong address and would do nothing to correct the error. Their "support" system sends endless useless emails. They are extremely difficult to reach. They are located at 321 Vineland Ave, City of Industry, CA 91746.

Do yourself a favor and stay away from them.

modified review This review was modified by kunstena on April 14 2014 11:24:23 AM

"Rip off merchants. I purchased an ESC and motor combo. The ESC was dead on arrival. It was a Saturday and I was desperate to get my bird in the air so I went to the local hobby shop and bought a replacement ESC. I fill in the form to send the ESC back to hobbyparts and found they refuse to take back the ESC for replacement. They want the entire order, motor and esc. I already have several flights on the motor and have already threadlocked it in place and installed the pinion.

Read the terms of return. If you need to send something back because it's dead on arrival YOU pay for the return shipping and insurance even though THEY shipped you defective products.

They have poor customer support.

modified review This review was modified by tabbser on November 11 2013 05:16:22 PM

"Hobbyparts is really terrible to deal with if you have a problem with an item you purchase from them.
You have to fill out a ticket to contact them & the reply in a way in which you can't answer unless you fill out another ticket!
I got a bad mini camera from them & I'm in my third week trying to get an OK to send it back for a refund!
This has got to be the worst on-line buying experience I've ever had!

"Thought I would try Gens Ace Batteries so I placed a nice order with Hobby Partz and paid through Pay Pal. Supposed to be the most secure form of payment on the web. They held my order for additional credit information. Said is was a matter of security. In 15 years of shopping on the internet I never had this happen. I called to cancel my order and the customer service rep was pleasant enough but didn't seem to really care if I gave them the business or not. Pay pal has already listed my order as paid. I await the credit with guarded anticipation."

modified review This review was modified by MikePistor on August 15 2013 10:34:35 AM

"I almost NEVER leave reviews, but I feel Hobbypartz is getting a bad rep from a number of people for little reason. They shipped my item on time and exactly as described, for HALF the price of my local hobby shop. Customer service is slow, but here's the solution...get your order right to begin with ! They've responded to all my tech support emails in a day or two. If you want immediate gratication and instant support, pay more and shop somewhere else. If you can wait a few days to get your stuff and order it correctly, you'll save money for GREAT products through Hobbypartz.com !!!!!"

modified review This review was modified by blueotter on March 04 2013 07:52:41 AM

"Hobbypartz has absolutely terrible customer service. They do not care about their customers.

I have made multiple purchases from them, and I never had any issues with the parts, so I never had to deal with their customer service until recently.

I purchased an 8.5 Turn XERun motor the same day I put in an order for a new SCT. I received the motor about a week before the truck, and it was a kit, so there was some time putting it together. Once I finally got everything together and ready to run, I was already past the 30 day Hobbypartz warranty.... My first day running the motor, on run #5, one of the factory-solodered motor connections disconnected from the motor, and the motor fried. Upon inspection it was clear that this was a factory defect. I contacted them, and they told me "Unfortunately you are currently out of the warranty period. Our warranty policy is 30 days after receiving the package." Bullshit, it's brand new. Good customer service would understand this.

Do not buy from Hobbypartz, else when you have a problem, you'll be on your own.

modified review This review was modified by sffan15 on November 14 2012 09:40:53 AM

"Quick shipping. The order was correct and everything works great. No complaints and I'll order from Hobbypartz again."

DroneBee's Avatar
So Cal

"Terrible customer service. No wonder they don't participate in any of the seller rating organizations or Amazon reseller. Ultra fast shipping but slow response if there is a problem. Stay away, they offer very low price for a reason. Walk, don't run.

I wish I never ordered from them in the first place.

"I must admit, I was very apprehensive when I read all the bad reviews for this company, AFTER I order my charger. But I was plesantly surprised when everything went very smooth. I got my charger at a very good price and in the time I expected. I have done business with them before and haven't had any problems, but that's been a while ago. I will shop with HobbyPartz again!"

"They are the worst website to buy rc parts.

I'm outside from U.S.A. But nothing can justify follow:

-They took 6 days, yes, six days to send merchandise.

-In order, at checkout, i selected Priority Email. When i finally recive shipping confirmation, i put code to USPS and, for my surprise, the shipping method shown was First Class Mail (the cheapest shipping method without tracking, but i've paid more). I've tried contact with hobbypartz support and nobody answer.

Stay away from this site.

Excuses for poor writing english.

modified review This review was modified by lbmmeshuggah on July 21 2012 04:55:18 PM

"I ordered a Hobbywing 60a ESC, Flysky FS-GT3B transmitter, an extra Flysky receiver and a Solar Servo. When the packaged arrived. To my surprise it was 2 Lipo batteries and a Lipo Bag.
Their Terms and Conditions are not customer friendly since even though they admitted it was their mistake, I would have to pay return shipping on the wrong items before they can send me what I initially ordered.

Bottom line with Hobbypartz/Nitrorcx.com, they have good prices, but if they make a mistake, the customer still ends up paying for it in either time or money.

Never again will I buy from them.

"I don't normally leave multiple reviews for a company, but since HobbyPartz has gotten so many negative reviews, I thought I'd help bring their rating number up a bit. I placed my third order with them, in less than 5 weeks. Each order has gone without a hitch, and shipping has been delightfully fast. I just like the way these guys do business. I had to return one item on my last order, and I got a prompt refund, and I didn't have to call to pester them for it. The only downside is trying to get them on the phone is impossible. The online chat works, but you will have a long wait, but they do eventually respond. Keep up the good work guys, and try to get your phone support situation ironed out."

modified review This review was modified by danny_troy on June 13 2012 08:52:24 PM

"worst place ive delt with, my remote i bought off them has been glitching, There support system sucks you get one response a day, so dont plan on getting an answer sortly, here is my experiance:

My remote is glitching in the neutral position. I have tried three different speed controls, still the neutral glitching. I have tried to re bind the transmitter and the receiver and still no luck. Any suggestions or a return possible? I really appreciate your help thank you guys

Posted on: 14 May 2012 02:09 PM
this is what its doing. this is both my videos. one with a stock associated brushless system, and a novak super sport system

Posted on: 14 May 2012 06:22 PM
May I have your order number please?

Posted on: 14 May 2012 08:32 PM

Posted on: 14 May 2012 08:44 PM
> I HAVE AN RMA NUMBER OF 1235636, I DO NOT HAVE MY ORIGINAL ORDER # I DONT KNOW IF THAT HELPS.
I THINK THAT RMA NUMBER WAS FROM THE SAME ORDER.

Posted on: 15 May 2012 04:24 PM
I'm sorry but this order contained a Hobbywing combo only. I do not have anything else on file regarding the radio system, sorry. What email was used to place this order?

Posted on: 15 May 2012 04:51 PM
It would be beaucooperhcm@msn.com... Beau Cooper

Posted on: 16 May 2012 01:23 PM
Was this order back in April of last year?

Posted on: 16 May 2012 01:40 PM
Yes that Date sounds about right it's just been sitting in my Garage . I finally Got a brushless car and it started doing that. Doesn't seam to do it on brushed motors

Posted on: 17 May 2012 05:47 PM
I'm sorry but this order is out of warranty. The only way to determine the cause is if you had another GT3B system to figure out the problem.

Posted on: 17 May 2012 07:30 PM
Nice answer, "buy" another piece of junk to figure out the problem with your first piece of junk.... This answer deserves negative reviews. I just wish it didn't take three days for you to tell me that.

Posted on: 17 May 2012 07:33 PM
Nice answer, "buy" another piece of junk to figure out the problem with your first piece of junk....This answer deserves negative reviews. I just wish it didn't take three days for you to tell me that.
Not even a trouble shooting offer or anything , "let me help you trouble shoot" nothing what a great company.

"WHAT JOKE THIS COMPANY IS I ORDERED A ITEM ON MAY 2ND AND AS OF TODAY MAY 9TH MY ITEM THAT IS IN STOCK STILL IS PENDING THEY TOOK THERE MONEY AND NEVER SHIPPED . I WAS GIVEN TO DIFFERENT ORDER NUMBERS AND A TRACKING NUMBER . HAVE BEEN TOLD BY CUSTOMER SERVICE WHEN I GET AHOLD OF THEM THAT MY ORDER HAS A- SHIPPED ALREAD OR B- WILL BE SHIPPING OUT TODAY AND I WILL RECIEVE A TRACKING NUMBER ????? I WILL NEVER DO BUSSINES WITH THIS COMPANY EVER AGAIN . THEY ARE THE WORST PEOPLE TO DEAL WITH THIEVS IF YOU ASK ME . SO MUCH FOR ORDER SHIPS IN 24 HOURS AND TAKES 4-5 DAYS TO RECIEVE MOR LIKE A MONTH TO PROCESS AND A YEAR TO SHIP IT SEEMS "