"I had an initial problem with one of my High Tech products, but their customer service was great and fixed my problem. "

modified review This review was modified by t_wood2013 on October 01 2013 07:32:17 AM

"We have had several problems over the last several years with our pet collars for our Power Pet door. The door, by the way, has been a lifesaver for us, as before we had it, we never felt we could be gone for over 4 hours with our dog Sophie left inside in Phoenix summer when it was over 110 deg. outside. It is always a conversation starter when friends hear the door open when Sophie goes in or out. We have always recommended your company.

We babysit for friends' dogs and so we also have purchased 2 "guest" collars from you. "Roxie" was coming for a visit this week, and I got both guest collars out of the drawer and tried them. The test lights worked, but the door wouldn't open. I called your number to try and get resolution. Your recording has the most helpful voice, but when I got a service rep, she was very officious, not at all concerned with my plight, and since the collar was over a year old and out of warranty, she only gave one option: Buy a new one. I hung up very frustrated and not at all well-disposed towards your company.

My wife called you back, reached Marcella Vazquez, and explained how frustrated we were. She was helpful, empathetic, and understood our frustration. She offered to send us a replacement collar for half-price, and immediately, since Roxie was due in 2 days. She trusted us to send back the nonworking collar (which we did).

We think Marcella Vazquez represents the type of employee who wants to keep loyal customers for your company. I hope you realize just how valuable such an employee is. We went from an unhappy customer who would not recommend your product to a happy one who will.

"Love my new X-10 and PX2, these products were very affordable me being in school still that was a plus.Also they were very easy to install and easy to use. Hightechpet has high quality products and a great customer service they answered all my emails I had about the products. Over all great experience and will looking forward to more purchases."

"High tech is by far the pet online store! There engineering in their products is just Great one of the best i have ever seen .i purchased the pet door(px-2) with x-10 and it was the best price i could find throughout the other companies. everything seems to working awesome . and customer service helped me with every question i threw at them ! i recommend this online store to anyone that would like to make their life easier having a four legged friend."

"I ordered a power pet door from high tech and all i got to say is WOW !!! ive had it for about 3 months already and making my life easier and a happier pet . my dog loves to get in the pool(concerned as the collar may not be water proof) so i talked to customer service and they were glad to help me out and offered me their new ms-5 which is fully waterproof and it works alright!!
i recommend this product to any one ,cheapier price and better quality what can we ask for!!!

"Update--I was contacted by High Tech Pet with genuine concern about the problem with the door motor. They are standing by their product and even offered to provide me with the replacement parts free of charge. I will update this review after I receive the product to reflect the final outcome, but as for now I think they went above and beyond standard customer service. I really appreciate the help I received from Marcella and Nick. Thank you!"

modified review This review was modified by BuckeyeMD on February 06 2013 11:56:31 AM

"The electronic dog door is a piece of junk!!! I have had 2 doors and 3 collars in the last 3 years and they have all broken. I have called customer service and they can't tell me what's wrong or why the products keep breaking. My dog is a pug and isn't hard on the equipment and the door is located in a covered area so it's not exposed to the weather. Save your money and don't buy this junk!!!!"

"I ordered the x-10 inground fence system and installation was fairly easy but it took a few hours more than I planed and i charged the collar overnight, this is great no batteries to buy. The system seems to work great and only took a few times for my 65lb boxer to relize her boundry area the flags are what she looks for so put out those flags people. next dont put the collar on the dog until u test the systems range u want, by walking the perimiter of the wire with the collar in your hand but be careful ok . set your range and start training your animal , thats it . the system really works great and does Not really hurt my dog and she loves her new freedom to run and play without a chain or leash im very well pleased with this product , thanks to the folks at high tech pet for a great product and the folks in customer service are very helpfull to the questions I did have, so Good luck to all who try this system its great . your loyal customer in south carolina"

"I purchased the PX-2 in December 2011 and installed it in my garage door for my german shepard, and I looooove it! I am a free woman! I don't have to come home to let the dog out at lunch anymore. This is the most convienient/reliable pet product I've invested in. A must have!"

"This is awful customer service. I have been calling the last week and half, filled out a ticket, and left 2 messages. The collar is a joke! We have had the Humane Contain package for less than 2 months and have not had a collar that has worked over a week. Took 4 hours to install the underground fence. Do not buy this product!!

7/24/12

I recieved a response from Customer Support regarding my issue I was having with the collar and charger. They immediately sent out a new collar and charger and also a 2nd collar in the case there are problems again at no cost. I appreciated the fast response and resolution to the problem with the collar. I'm hoping they are looking into the reasoning behind why the collars are not functioning properly and a fix has been made.

modified review This review was modified by BollingK on July 24 2012 07:48:08 AM

"High Tech Express Train Collar

First of all, the tons of complaints you read about in the reviews are all true. To make a long story short, there is NO customer support. You have a problem and you are just screwed.

As well as no customer service, this thing is junk. Biggest problem is the collar with its little plastic cover over the LEDs, on/off switch, and DC Jack for charging. This cover is held on by two itty-bitty little screws that don’t even have an insert of brass with threads; it’s just screws into plastic. In order to charge the unit or just turn it on or off you have to remove these itty-bitty screws. How long do you think this is going to go on before you lose one of the screws or strip out the plastic threads? Worst design I have ever seen in my life. Obviously not built to last a life time. The strap on the collar is very thin and the hole I used started to rip out with only part of a days walk. I also found out that even though it states on the box that the collar is waterproof, it is not and the company will even tell you “no, it’s not really waterproof”. Aren’t there laws against that?

The transmitter is very big, won’t fit in any pocket and is very inconvenient and cumbersome to use. The two rows of tone and shock buttons are very close and I find it very hard to keep an eye on my dog and at the same time hit the right button. I couldn’t understand why I was getting no response from the dog but then realized I was pushing the #2 shock button and not the #2 tone button. That is how I found out that the shock buttons weren’t working. I strapped it on myself to see what the dog was getting. #1 & #2 shock buttons do nothing! A couple of times I think I could feel #3 but #4 did work a little. I have a very strong headed dog and this does nothing to help with training. I like the tone idea but I’m sure there is a make out there with the same idea only it will work. I have a smart dog and he was starting to respond to the tones so I’m sure this idea will work if you use another brand.

I have never been so disappointed with any product that I have ever had to send back. Search the web and read the reviews before you buy this product. Here is a link to a bunch of reviews: http://www.resellerratings.com/store/view/Hightechpet_com/page/2
Take a look at all the 1 star reviews. Then rethink doing business with High Tech Pet!!!

Now I’m trying to send it back and can’t get anyone to answer my e-mails and the phone calls are all answered with a busy signal.

6-12-12,
Good news, I have been contacted by Marcella who sent me a return label. I sent it out this morning and she tells me i will get a full refund as soon as they receive the unit. I will update as things happen.

6-25-12
Bad news, I haven't received a refund, nor have I received the free gift that they say they are sending me. Not sure why they are sending me a free gift in the first place but I have never dealt with anyone so slow with everything.

7-1-12
Well, I just don't know what to say about these people now. It's obvious that they are trying to turn around their negative ratings but they are sooo slow about everything. I did in the end get the return shipping, a full refund, and even a nice free gift but I had to hound them every step of the way. That's why I can only give them 3 stars and I think I am being generous at that. They just don't understand the consumer and I don't think they know how to fix their problems. Be very careful doing business with them. At best you are going to have a big hassle.

modified review This review was modified by Brock.Kokopelli on July 01 2012 10:40:15 AM

"I must say I was a little worried about ordering my Power pet door after reading some of the negative reviews, but after corresponding via email with Maria she set my mind at ease and was incredibly knowledgeable and helpful. Shipping was faster then expected and while I haven't had a chance to have the unit installed I'm sure I will love it and I know if any problems arise Maria will be able to help.
Thanks high tech pet for a pleasant experience.

Michael Weston, Miami Fl.

"Your customer service is wonderful...shopping on line is great, but sometimes you can get overwhelmed with all the choices. We live in a very rural area, so shopping here is limited...thank goodness for shopping on line

Joanie

modified review This review was modified by leahhart on June 13 2012 11:23:20 AM

"We purchased a medium electronic dog door. When it arrived, one of the two transmitters did not work but we did not worry about it as the other one worked fine and we only have one dog. The door was very easy to install, and it seals very well, blocking drafts which was a problem with conventional dog doors that we have owned. It worked great for 1 year, which is the warranty period. One month later, the motor stopped working. I opened an online ticket, and also emailed customer service, but received no response. The only thing that I did receive a response to was when I placed an order for a replacement motor at an outrageous price, and also paid way beyond reasonable costs for shipping. Two months after this, the collar transmitter stopped working. Once again, a ticket, and email to customer support, and an email to the company president went unanswered. They were around, though, to fulfill another overpriced order. Within 15 months of purchase I have put over $100 additional into this product. Due to lack of customer service I would not recommend this to anyone.

Based on this review, I was contacted by High Tech Pet customer service. I'm now as satisfied as I'm going to be. Changing to 4 stars based on their eventual response.

"Great experience with this merchant. I purchased a Power Pet electric dog door and it is AWESOME! Great service from a very professional staff makes this a definite two thumbs up!"

High Tech Pet Products / hightechpet.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

High Tech Pet Products / hightechpet.com is not a merchant member
High Tech Pet Products / hightechpet.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!